FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by messiah on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:25 pm

only pep and jose knows
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Marc Bartra has won the award for revelation of the 2nd division
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:02 pm

messiah wrote:Marc Bartra has won the award for revelation of the 2nd division

I don't know why he doesn't take Fontas' place in the squad?
messiah

Post by messiah on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:53 pm

whenevr iniesta plays we look so much fucking better
Calidad

Post by Calidad on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Players called up for the Bate match

6 first time team players (Pinto, Pique, Maxwell, Pedro, Fontas, Thiago)

and 13 B-players called up (Oier, Montoya, Gomez, Muniesa, Bartra, Dos Santos, Rafina, Riverola, Cuena, Roberto, Deulofeu, Kiko

Would be nice to see something like

-------------Pinto
Montoya--Bartra--Fontas--Maxwell
----------Dos Santos
------Thiago-------Roberto
Cuenca------Rafinha------Pedro

Would be nice to see Deulofeu a 30+ min run out too.
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:51 pm

surprise he didn't give soriano a call for this game
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:03 pm

I thought you could only name a 25 man squad for the Champions League?
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm

bartra to renew his contract and be promoted next season, suggestions are that the same will happen for montoya but not as certain.

So thats Fontas,Botia and Bartra, think two of them is likely to leave in the summer, most likely botia and fontas.

Don't expect any defensive signing unless something huge happens, adriano will move to LB, as abidal's back up and montoya will be alves understudy

Alves,Montoya
Pique,Bartra
Mascherano,Puyol
Abidal,Adriano

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:44 pm

S4P wrote:I thought you could only name a 25 man squad for the Champions League?

You can also register up to 15 youth players I think.
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 am

JDS to be promoted temporarily to the first team to replace keita when he goes to the ACN, he is another one pep seems to have a hard on for.
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Our B team just beat the champions of Belarus 4-0, a team that has a pretty decent away record in europe so far

Cuenca is just..., he rafinha,,montoya and roberto were the stand outs, that over head by bartra to clear the lines was great to see as well
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Guardiola: "When we asked Riverola if he was ready for his debut, he said: 'I've been getting ready for this my whole life'."

note: Riverola joined Barcelona's academy at age 6

(via barcastuff)
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:25 am

Brilliant performance by the kids, even with the usual caveats of weak unmotivated opposition, playing at home, no pressure, etc. etc.

It's quite clear that Montoya, Bartra, and Rafinha will definitely make it to the highest level. Cuenca will be at minimum a good squad player, and Sergi Roberto is showing promising signs.

Next season's squad?

Valdes, New GK
Alves, Montoya
Pique, Bartra
Mascherano, Puyol
Abidal, Adriano
Busquets, Keita
Xavi, Thiago
Iniesta, Afellay
Alexis, Pedro
Messi, Cesc
Villa, Cuenca

Sell/release/loan: Maxwell, Pinto, Botia, Jonathan dos Santos, Fontas, and some other kids that need experience, like Rafinha, Muniesa, or Sergi Roberto.

Of course this would just mean that Rosell can save more money to use for Neymar in 2013 silent
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm thinking Afellay is done here, he is more of a forward than a midfielder and cuenca has pretty much taken his place, apart from that and the fact that pep likes to make one major signing every season to shake things up I agree with the squad.

of of JDS/Roberto will be given a chance next season and the other sold with a buy back clause, chelsea are offering roberto good money we are hearing, for his own personal development, he should take the deal, the prem would fit his game like a glove and then if he is doing better than any of our midfielder in a few years we active the payback clause.

As it relates to neymar, sport reported than pep gave him a call, if i read it right so he may be the big signing next season, with villa seeing the door
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:25 pm

I definitely wouldn't want Sergi Roberto to leave - the Premier League may suit his game, but imagine having a homegrown box to box midfielder that can replace Keita (who will be done in a year or two) for free. If he can combine the ball skills from La Masia with his physical abilities, he'll be a great asset in La Liga.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:45 pm

I have to say I am impressed with Montoya. Lots of offers to go but he seems humble enough to realize that he does not have to be first choice at the age of 20. Lots of players, especially young players these days, in his situation would have bolted. Look at Isco just this last summer. Or Jurado back a while ago. A lot of kids, no doubt inflated by the words of their agents think they are a lot better than maybe they actually are. Montoya probably is that good but he is not pushing for the limelight even though Dani Alves will be in front of him for a good while yet.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 pm

fcb wrote:I definitely wouldn't want Sergi Roberto to leave - the Premier League may suit his game, but imagine having a homegrown box to box midfielder that can replace Keita (who will be done in a year or two) for free. If he can combine the ball skills from La Masia with his physical abilities, he'll be a great asset in La Liga.

I agree, but imagine if we sent him to the land of the box to box to develop his game more and when keita leaves we bring him back with all that experience
Calidad

Post by Calidad on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:28 pm

As I've said before, more than half of these players are ready for La Ligs anyway. I do agree with what Jaime say's about Montoya, but on the other hand he'd be a fantastic addition to pretty much every other side in tbr league (Valencia are crying out for a decent RB) and in some ways it's a shame that he's playing in Segunda.

I really, really like Bartra. He's like a quicker version of Pique. He's more aggressive in his game too. I think in the future they could be a good partnership. I'd definitely have him as the 4th CB as Kas suggested.

I'm amazed the likes of Sevilla, Aleti, Villarreal etc aren't in for some of these youngsters, even with buyback clauses (not necessarily an ideal route for La Liga to take, but at least it'd keep the players in the league)
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:43 pm

all three clubs you mentions have made offers for various players, over the past season, but they have all been rejected
Calidad

Post by Calidad on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Funny how Romeu went to Chelsea though
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Oriol was upset about not being registered with the first team so he f*cked off.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:18 pm

what jaime said, if fact since he left, he has said nothing like he would like to return, a bit pissed we bought mascherano.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Again it comes down to the player. If they want to leave Barsa will listen to offers but if they are patient then they will stay and they will more than likely get a chance at some point.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Oriol wasn't rated as highly as the younger kids coming through, his passing isn't thought to be as good as some of the others.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:36 pm

he was rated more highly than most, he went from the Juvinel B to Barca B all in one year, he only left because of the signing of Mascherano, for a Dmed his passing doesn't need to be any better than it is currently.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:59 pm

The cost of last night team was €5.5m, as a team every one a game in the CL group stage that cost so little
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:37 pm

The clásico could be Xavi's 600th game for Barça

The midfielder made his debut for the first team and scored his first goal on August 18, 1998, during the the Spanish Super Cup in Mallorca. Since then he’s played in 397 League matches, 121 Champions League matches, 13 UEFA Cup matches, 10 Spanish Super Cups matches, 3 European Super Cups matches, and 4 Club World Cup matches Xavi holds the record for most games played for the Club and most titles won (18).

During the post-training press conference Xavi Hernández said that “going to Madrid and winning is a pleasure.” Beyond the “footballing pleasure” that is winning at the Bernabéu, Barça’s master midfielder is about to cross an important threshold in this career: if he plays in what would be his 13th clásico, he will reach 600 official games with FC Barcelona.

This is Xavi’s 14th season with Barça. He made his debut in the Spanish Super Cup in 1998 thanks to Louis van Gaal, since then he’s been a permanent fixture in Barça’s midfield with Serra Ferrer, Antic, Rexach, Rijkaard and Guardiola. Barça’s vice-captain reached 300 official games as an Azulgrana player when he was 25 years old. Now, at 31, he’s about to reach 600.

In Xavi’s 599 official games for the team he has scored a total of 63 goals. 42 of which came in the League, 10 in the Champions League, 7 in the King’s Cup, 3 in the Spanish Super Cup and 1 in the UEFA Cup. The only competitions that Xavi has not scored in are the European Super Cup and the Club World Cup.

Xavi Hernández, who started playing for the Club in 1991, is one of the team's active players that holds most of the Club’s individual records. Since January 2nd, 2011, after beating Migueli’s long-standing record, Xavi is the player with the most games for FC Barcelona. He's also won the most League titles (6), tied with Ramallets and Guardiola. But now Xavi stands alone at the top of a long list of fantastic players that have donned the Barça shirt as the player with the most titles won for his Club, 18.

Titles and honours

With FC Barcelona:
3 Champions Leagues
6 Ligas
1 Cipa del Rey
2 European Super Cups
5 Spanish Super Cups
1 Club World Cup

With Spain's National Team:
1 World Cup
1 Euro Cup

Individual honours:
Best player of the Euro Cup 2008
Third consecutive year as finalist for the FIFA Ballon d'Or.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/...game-for-barca
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Huge night. Bit of an odd game, with the 2-1 coming in a very lucky manner (especially when you consider Ronaldo's miss just before that), but this must be savoured, for sure. Madrid supposedly at their strongest, supposedly about to end the era, and yet this team manages to win.

I know it's unlikely, but everyone associated with Barça really must keep perspective. Still 3 points behind, and this is a league, not a knockout. It's won in places like Getafe. The annual February/March bump is yet to come too. Hopefully the injuries calm down.

But for now, time to enjoy the win, and then seek more glory in Japan cheers
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:09 pm

fcb wrote:Huge night. Bit of an odd game, with the 2-1 coming in a very lucky manner (especially when you consider Ronaldo's miss just before that), but this must be savoured, for sure. Madrid supposedly at their strongest, supposedly about to end the era, and yet this team manages to win.

I know it's unlikely, but everyone associated with Barça really must keep perspective. Still 3 points behind, and this is a league, not a knockout. It's won in places like Getafe. The annual February/March bump is yet to come too. Hopefully the injuries calm down.

But for now, time to enjoy the win, and then seek more glory in Japan cheers

To be fair, nobody thought this was the case except for Roncero and Super Progress. The same deficiencies as always were more than evident before hand and well exploited during the match.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Come on, are you kidding? 15 straight games in a row, pulverizing the opposition? Ok, most of them were medium or small teams (though you did beat Valencia at the Mestalla) but those are games where Barça has failed.

It was quite clearly more than just optimistic Madrid fans (and pessimistic Barça fans like me) that felt this was a turning point...this season may yet turn out to be that, so let's wait and see.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:53 pm