FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:17 pm

The win in Mestalla was good but we have always faired well there. But come on the measuring stick is always Barcelona I don't care if we won 1500 matches in a row prior to that. Do you think we will beat you in the Camp Nou? Nope. So there is our 6 point lead down the toilet. I suppose you are right it will come down to how we play against the rest of the league but you have Messi and we have Ronaldo so if I were a betting man...
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 am

Rosell: "No debería decirlo pero ha sido un baño"

If you know you're not supposed to say it, then why say it anyway? Muppet Doh
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:19 am

Remember back sometime in the summer of 2008 when golsud said he wanted to sell Xavi and Iniesta and didn't want Pep as the manager?
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:09 am

Jaime wrote:The win in Mestalla was good but we have always faired well there. But come on the measuring stick is always Barcelona I don't care if we won 1500 matches in a row prior to that. Do you think we will beat you in the Camp Nou? Nope. So there is our 6 point lead down the toilet. I suppose you are right it will come down to how we play against the rest of the league but you have Messi and we have Ronaldo so if I were a betting man...

Im sure Ronaldo will be back scoring the chances he missed today against the rest of La Liga, then have another shit match at the Camp Nou. I dont think its as simple as 2 loses to Barca and the league is done. There will be slip ups on either side just a question of who will slip up more. Its about how much of a psychological blow the defeat is to the players and if they can recover from it.

(dont actually feel that down and out about the defeat so used to the rappages from Barca now Embarassed )

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:58 am

Cristiano wrote:
Jaime wrote:The win in Mestalla was good but we have always faired well there. But come on the measuring stick is always Barcelona I don't care if we won 1500 matches in a row prior to that. Do you think we will beat you in the Camp Nou? Nope. So there is our 6 point lead down the toilet. I suppose you are right it will come down to how we play against the rest of the league but you have Messi and we have Ronaldo so if I were a betting man...

Im sure Ronaldo will be back scoring the chances he missed today against the rest of La Liga, then have another shit match at the Camp Nou. I dont think its as simple as 2 loses to Barca and the league is done. There will be slip ups on either side just a question of who will slip up more. Its about how much of a psychological blow the defeat is to the players and if they can recover from it.

(dont actually feel that down and out about the defeat so used to the rappages from Barca now Embarassed )

Ok. Obviously the league is not decided and there are a lot of points to be disputed. But, assuming we lose in the Camp Nou (not a stretch I don't think) there is the rest of the 3 pt advantage we had, assuming we win our game in hand. I know kas goes on about the "February dip" but the truth is they've only really had one bad stretch in the second half of the season which was in 08-09 and they still won the league that year with 9 points difference. They will drop points but so will we. Barcelona have had about as bad a 1st half of the season as you can imagine them having and we have had just about as good a first half as you could imagine us having. And here we are, level on points. I am not convinced that we have any margin for improvement with this group. But I suspect Barcelona will be much stronger in the second half. I could be wrong and would be delighted if I were but really, this was the chance to really take a big step towards taking back the league and we have pissed it away.
TITO

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Some other stats from the match, which are quite amazing, especially Pique - Puyol partnership.

- Pique and Puyol have played 55 League games together, and the balance is 46 wins and 9 draws.

- Puyol, on Saturday, won 14 balls without losing any. He committed a single foul and was also fouled once.

- Another different lineup after 26 official games. Guardiola still hasn’t repeated the same starting eleven this season. The starting line-up for the Clasico was brand new.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:17 pm

And something that can't be explained with stats:

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:46 pm

A bit late, but YES.

I must say due to Laporta's progressive agenda, the progression from the club over the past 8 years has been amazing, fc barcelona has bested almost every other big team in past couple of years, added to that the proactive type of football that pep plays and the constant progression of players from the masia, I must say this team has really progressed, beyond my wildness imagination.

Last edited by messiah on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 pm

What did have I beens saying about iniesta, Give it a few more years
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:13 pm

messiah wrote:What did have I beens saying about iniesta, Give it a few more years

Are you the same messiah that used to hang around in this board? If you are...
Why were you demoted to 'trialist' level?
Why your English is so horrible?
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 am

Found this pick on the bacelona blog

What I’ll remember – what I love – about that picture is the supporter holding up a black jersey. Number 27. Deulofeu. There’s something that’s hopelessly romantic about that image. Bringing a Deulofeu jersey to the Clásico at the Bernabeu, a jersey that few spectators in the stadium will even see. A jersey meant to be shared with the small band of cules present.
Obviously Deulofeu’s not even on the squad. He’s a youth player and probability is stacked against him. Chances are that he won’t make it as a contributor to the first team. Those are just the odds for any 17 year old.
But there’s also a pragmatic aspect to the image. It acknowledges that the players we’re watching now – their time will end. That there will always be other squads trying to surpass them and one eventually will. It acknowledges that all of us face an enemy none of us can surpass – time. It acknowledges all of that. But it’s also saying that the institution understands this. It understands that success isn’t an event, or a trend, or period of time. Success is a process, one that is contingent, that constantly depends on improvement and regeneration. That’s life. That’s how we are able to breathe.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:51 am

But why is he not wearing said shirt? I don't get supporters holding up shirts instead of wearing them.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:05 pm

110% wrote:But why is he not wearing said shirt? I don't get supporters holding up shirts instead of wearing them.

He wants to show us his face and the name on the back of the shirt
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Pep Guardiola took over as coach at FC Barcelona in 2008. Since that time he has faced Real Madrid seven times in Liga Clasico matches. Out of the 21 points in play in these games, Real Madrid have snatched just one.

Elmundo
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Am I the only one who is taking Villa getting garbage minutes in the biggest game of the season, has pep losing faith in him, remember its the exact same thing he did with ibra, does this mean he is off come the summer.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:48 pm

messiah wrote:Am I the only one who is taking Villa getting garbage minutes in the biggest game of the season, has pep losing faith in him, remember its the exact same thing he did with ibra, does this mean he is off come the summer.

I've been saying this for a while now. Villa has now started only 50% of your matches this season and he's been left out of some of the biggest fixtures. He'll probably f*ck off to England next year.
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Pep is the death of the transnational centre forward, if ibra,villa and above all bojan are incapable of making it in his system, I don't see the club splashing on another 9 nor do I see one with any sense wanting to come.

if villa does leave, I see rosell going in for neymar.
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:14 pm

B winger Isaac Cuenca (20) didn't accept the first offer to renew until 2014. He wants to stay but the club will have to up the bid. [sport]
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:14 pm

messiah wrote:Pep is the death of the transnational centre forward, if ibra,villa and above all bojan are incapable of making it in his system, I don't see the club splashing on another 9 nor do I see one with any sense wanting to come.

if villa does leave, I see rosell going in for neymar.

Haha I see this happening even if somehow Villa stays!

Don't forget Eto'o, he fell out with Pep too in spite of being one of the main protagonists from the treble. Pep has decided for the false 9. He would rather play Messi or Cesc or even Thiago it seems than with an out and out centre forward.
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/dec/13/the-question-3-1-4-2-formation-rise

It little tactical changes like this, that has enabled pep to come out on top in almost every big game he has played since he became barcelona coach.

Not saying he is the first to use any of these tactics, but the fact that he almost always pulls out the right one, is something that people often over look when talking about his talents has a manager.

Don't think anyone with sense would argue to the fact that he is probably the best manager in top flight football right now, and one of the most tactically astute,and the fact that is tactics are always progressive just says so much.

No throwing the centre back up front to shake things up then people calling him the best. and yes i know he did that against inter.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:15 am

Marca are pathetic. Back to their shit-stirring (with made-up nonsense) after having to swallow the Clasico result.

At least they could try to be a bit smart about the rumour...Aston Villa lol!

Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:33 am

David Villa to Aston Villa, there's a ring to it.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:11 pm

La frase del día: "MARCA miente"
Pep Guardiola, sobre el futuro de David Villa

Biggrin

--------------------------

In other news, the recent contract renewals of Bartra and Montoya supposedly guarantee that they'll be promoted to the first team. Even a loan is not a possibility.

ok
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:53 pm

fcb wrote:Marca are pathetic. Back to their shit-stirring (with made-up nonsense) after having to swallow the Clasico result.

At least they could try to be a bit smart about the rumour...Aston Villa lol!

To be fair Mundo Deportivo also ran a story yesterday saying that both Higuain and Villa were "considering their futures" after being left out of the clasico. Aston Villa is pretty sill though (no offence debaser!)
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 am

It seems villa has picked up a longer term injury, don't know how long he will be out yet.

So we will be without him and keita for all of january at least
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 am

confirmed 6 months he is done for the season

Cesc,sanchez,Cuenca,Messi,pedro, should be enough

Keita,Busquets,Xavi,Iniesta,Thiago

Abidal,Adriano,Maxwell,Pique,Puyol,fontas,Masch

lets just hope Keita doess't pick up a long term injury at the ACF
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:51 am

fcb

Post by fcb on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:03 pm

messiah wrote:confirmed 6 months he is done for the season

Cesc,sanchez,Cuenca,Messi,pedro, should be enough

Keita,Busquets,Xavi,Iniesta,Thiago

Abidal,Adriano,Maxwell,Pique,Puyol,fontas,Masch

lets just hope Keita doess't pick up a long term injury at the ACF

Ummm no. Sanchez and Pedro have both already suffered injuries this season, there's no guarantee they won't suffer more. Cuenca and other youth team options like Delofeu, Rafinha, etc. are good for easy home games and the Copa, but we can't rely on them for the tough matches in La Liga or the CL.

Does someone have Carlos Tevez's number? Loan for us is probably more tempting than a loan to Milan.

Or perhaps Kanoute?

Last edited by fcb on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:06 pm

What's with everybody getting bad injuries this season? Villa,Sanchez,Canales,Banega,Lucas,Vidic,Rossi,Nilmar,Ruben etc

Messi needs to start scoring again if he wants to reach 60 goals this season.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Sanchez has got a muscle problem now.

Why do we need to play are full team against shit like Al Sadd anyway?

Messi misses sitter,FFS if your not fit don't play he's starting to piss me off now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:50 am