2010/2011 – Bundesliga General Discussion Thread

Antarion

Number of posts : 3374
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Re: 2010/2011 – Bundesliga General Discussion Thread

Post by Antarion on Sun May 15, 2011 1:28 am

Fact: Dortmund had 6 penalties this season and scored a whopping...NILL.
Smile
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Sun May 15, 2011 8:36 am

marin is indeed special, for an winger he has not only dribbling skills, also his passing and vision is exceptional for his position, thats the trademark of the new german generation, they can play in different positions, but its true, he need a strong creative partner to fulfill his potential on the wing, ekici is a great prospect, next year with 7 starting places for europe i hope its possible for werder to reach one of them

is there a reason why marin doesnt add some muscles, he said once he dont want to lose his agility, what a stupid comment, when i look at robben, messi, ronaldo at there younger ages (and have they lost there agility, i dont think so) they were all skinny, but really marin is another dimension of skinny Very Happy mesut özil has bulked some muscles too, plz tell someone marin that he needs muscles to become a better player

what about mertesacker! will he stay or leave!

you should also buy an decent striker, pizarro seems to be very injury prone these days
many to do for allofs
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Sun May 15, 2011 10:43 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Leverkusen take the lead. They just don't choke... when it comes to securing second place.
Damn straight. Cool
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Sun May 15, 2011 1:40 pm

FANTASTIC news

VW WOLFSBURG will STAY in the 1.Bundesliga

cheers Ale

and WITH THEM

the BEST MANAGER in the WORLD

Felix Magath

cheers

the good chap really WOULD have fulfilled his promise and coached Wolfsburg in the SECOND league as well

and WHEN you look at the LAST Spieltag

Wolfsburg were RELEGATED quite a few times ALREADY Yikes

before finally saving the day

cheers

blut and Co are WRONG when they belittle Wolfsburg as a PLASTIC club

the VW club has MORE recent SUCCESS-history than even BREMEN

Smile

but more importantly

the romance of football comes from the ROMANCE of the BEST team WINNING

not the MOST TRADITIONAL/oldest...

THAT would be pure snobbery

Yikes

more importantly though

a quick look at the TRADITIONAL clubs/title contenders shows that they will all need YEARS to establish themselves as serious/consistent Bundesliga contenders

HSV: with Arnesen, Oenning and MANY players leaving: back to square one

Schalke: in FREEFALL under Rangnick Yikes the BUTCHER Tönnies is back in charge with "incompetent" Heldt

Leverkusen: Heynckes, Hyypia and possibly Vidal leave; inexperienced Dutt arrives: middling season awaits, unless Ballack takes over

Stuttgart: Labbadia could do a Labbadia and implode like at Bayer/HSV ; boardroom squabbles await

Werder: after a dreadful season Schaaf and Allofs are unlikely to address the crucial DEFENSIVE problems; so-so-signings will follow: transitional year

Bayern: overwhelming favourite to win the next title

Dortmund: kind of choked towards the end of the season; defending the title (+contending in the CL) will be FAR MORE difficult than springing a surprise; with Sahin leaving and Güdogan coming, the club really HAS to buy a few SEASONED players as well, like KLOSE; should qualify for the CL though

Wolfsburg: will win the TITLE within two/three years under Magath and will then become THE leading club in the north Ale

Magath and Klopp could convert a ONE-club-at-top-league into a THREE club league

wahre G

-----------------

still, back to THIS season

what Dortmund, Hannover, Mainz, Nürnberg

BUT ALSO

Kaiserslautern and Freiburg

have done this season is frankly BREATHTAKING cheers

ie

cheers cheers cheers

to

Klopp, Slomka, Tuchel, Hecking, Dutt...

PLUS

Magath: who steered Schalke into the DFB Pokal Finale + the CL QF and then SAVED Wolfsburg with NO time to PREPARE

Yikes

how Gomez managed to become TOP SCORER when van Gaal tried EVERYTHING in his power to drive him out, will deserve books to be written

van Gaal not only told Gomez that he was his FOURTH striker, he even told him to "GO (leave)"

Yikes

Mario then organised a transfer to Liverpool but Rummenigge and Hoeness refused to sell /loan him out

still

to become one of the TOP FIVE strikers in EUROPE (Bundesliga + CL) when your manager is doing eVERYTHING in his power to bully him out of his job

deserves

the HIGHEST RESPECT

----------

final thought on DIEGO

I hope the PRICK leaves the Bundesliga FOR GOOD

after yesterday's REFUSAL to sit on the bench

for the MOST IMPORTANT game of the season when RELEGATION was staring the club in the face

is OFF the infamous CHARTS

Yikes

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun May 15, 2011 2:38 pm

lol!

Wolfsburg were relegated for a few minutes yesterday, Magath himself had lost hope a few days ago and already planned an exit strategy, but now it's all part of the master plan of the master coach... Laughing Spin-doctoring at its best.

Magath had the luck (and considerably better squad) which Daum, another darling of yours, simply didn't have. Most of the blame has to go to McClaren (and Hoeness Jr.) though, absolutely ridiculous to get such an expensive almost relegated. Worst managerial record ever.

P.S.: More recent success than Werder? They won the league 2 years ago. We won the cup, the league in 2004 and with the exception of Bayern, qualified more often for the CL than any other club over the last decade. But no success bought by VW funds can give the club true, grown identity, true fans and atmosphere, real history. That can't be bought, it either grows naturally or it doesn't. And it still hasn't in Golfsburg and probably never will.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun May 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Kroos wrote:marin is indeed special, for an winger he has not only dribbling skills, also his passing and vision is exceptional for his position, thats the trademark of the new german generation, they can play in different positions, but its true, he need a strong creative partner to fulfill his potential on the wing, ekici is a great prospect, next year with 7 starting places for europe i hope its possible for werder to reach one of them

is there a reason why marin doesnt add some muscles, he said once he dont want to lose his agility, what a stupid comment, when i look at robben, messi, ronaldo at there younger ages (and have they lost there agility, i dont think so) they were all skinny, but really marin is another dimension of skinny Very Happy mesut özil has bulked some muscles too, plz tell someone marin that he needs muscles to become a better player

Marin isn't that 'light weight' actually in the sense of him being fragile. He is rarely injured, despite being fouled often. More muscles won't harm, but he's clearly no glass bone Robben or similar.

what about mertesacker! will he stay or leave!

Nobody knows yet. But everybody expects some dramatic changes this summer, should be interesting.

you should also buy an decent striker, pizarro seems to be very injury prone these days
many to do for allofs

I think Allofs plans to do so actually. Priority has to be to fill the creative gap and especially strengthen the defence though. The difficult thing is that we'll have to cut the wage bill at the same time and can't spend a fortune, because we haven't qualified for Europe. It's going to be quite a challenge for Allofs. He has to get it right this summer, otherwise all the success of the last few years may have been in vain and we'll be heading to the lower regions of the table for good.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon May 16, 2011 1:06 am

Hansa Rostock Ultras celebrating their promotion to 2. Bundesliga with a Bin Laden poster... Yikes

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/hansa-rostock/ultras-feiern-mit-bin-laden-poster-17912076.bild.html

Hansa and for the first time in ages, Eintracht Braunschweig, an old club with great tradition (they've been Meister even back in the days), have been promoted to 2. Bundesliga. Another club with great history, Dynamo Dresden, is in the play-offs and will meet Osnabrück.

In other news, Bochum will play Gladbach in the 1. Bundesliga play-offs.
Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
Supports : Deutschland
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 am

Antarion wrote:Fact: Dortmund had 6 penalties this season and scored a whopping...NILL.
Smile

Don't make it any worse! It was 5, saisonübergreifend we have missed 6 in a row. They also went out on penalties in the DFB Cup. Laugh Sad

I begin to understand how it must feel to be an England fan...
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Mon May 16, 2011 7:16 am

Quote of the season:

"Wir sind Siebter, und es wäre dumm, wenn wir nicht versuchen würden, Fünfter zu werden. Absteigen können wir nicht mehr. Wir müssen die Gunst der Stunde nutzen."

Vorstandsvorsitzender Heribert Bruchhagen (Eintracht Frankfurt) im kicker-Interview am 10. Januar 2011

EPIC jinx! Laugh Doh
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Stiftung Haeschentest wrote:Quote of the season:

"Wir sind Siebter, und es wäre dumm, wenn wir nicht versuchen würden, Fünfter zu werden. Absteigen können wir nicht mehr. Wir müssen die Gunst der Stunde nutzen."

Vorstandsvorsitzender Heribert Bruchhagen (Eintracht Frankfurt) im kicker-Interview am 10. Januar 2011

EPIC jinx! Laugh Doh

lol!
He's a cool chap though.

Just like our new Meister:

PIC deleted
Biggrin
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Wed May 18, 2011 9:02 am

Diego is finished according to some newspapers Surprised

He will either get sold (~10 Millions) or has to play in the Regionalliga (4th division) for Wolfsburg II
Misimovic might return.
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 am

It's a shame to see him wasting his talent like this. I always enjoyed watching him when he was at Bremen but he really has become such a dirty fouling big-headed bellend in the meantime that it really makes it hard to like and respect him anymore.
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 pm

This is unbelievable, don't know where else to post

Die spinnen, die Belgier

http://www.spox.com/myspox/blogdetail/Die-spinnen--die-Belgier,127791.html
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Thu May 19, 2011 4:42 pm

I read this too today. They must have been drunk, or stoned, or propably both, to come up with a system like this. Insane.

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner on Thu May 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Cagey first half in the Gladbach-Bochum play-off. 0-0 HT
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Thu May 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:This is unbelievable, don't know where else to post

Die spinnen, die Belgier

http://www.spox.com/myspox/blogdetail/Die-spinnen--die-Belgier,127791.html

cheers lol! thanks for the link allez

Just this week i wondered why Genk won the championship despite having a worse goal difference and head to head. I thought they probably had the better position in the league before play offs or some shit like that. Now I see that its even more retarded Smile

Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu May 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Extraordinary country. Did I mention the experience I had before the Belgium game in Brussels last year? Was straight out of a Belgian joke. We were sitting near the main town hall square having lunch, nine of us pretty much all in Germany shirts or similar, and as we get the bill the (perfectly normal-seeming) waitress asks me "Alors elle joue contre qui ce soir, l'Allemagne?" ("So who are Germany playing tonight then?")

There's a bit of an astonished pause before I say "Euh... contre vous?!?"

At least she had the good grace to look vaguely embarrassed...

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner on Thu May 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Gladbach get a vital goal in the second minute of injury time after a bit of a mix up in the defence. It's a deserved goal after the Bochum goalkeeper has made a few good second half saves.

1-0 FT
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue May 24, 2011 7:27 pm

kicker.de 11 of the season

Antarion

Post by Antarion on Tue May 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Is this based on kicker marks?

Rensing without the media pressure = better than expected
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue May 24, 2011 8:55 pm

yes, the stats coming from the kicker rating system
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Tue May 24, 2011 10:29 pm

FINALLY, somebody who realises that Neuer is NOT the Liga's best keeper Ale

also GOOD choice on Wollscheid OVER Subotic

agree 100% Ale

---------------

FANTASTIC NEWS

Dresden are now joining the 2. Bundesliga cheers

the Bayern Munich of East Germany have some of the finest fans in Germany Whistle

and

an almost ALL-German squad

http://www.spox.com/de/daten/fussball/teams/dynamo-dresden/2011/2/

cheers

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 10:49 pm

"Bayern München of East Germany"? You mean just like the Trabant was the Mercedes of the East?

Welcome back to the 2. Bundesliga Dynamo. Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed May 25, 2011 12:25 am

Bundesliga top of the shots (again)

May 24, 2011

By Uli Hesse

What - another column from Germany? The third in ten days? Yes, because it's that time of year again when we all know what's coming as surely as spring turns into summer and yet scratch our heads regardless. Or at least I'm always scratching mine.

Once again we're talking, of course, about goals.

(Regular readers may want to skip the next lines and make a cuppa while I put the others in the know.)

After the end of each season, I do some maths to find out how many goals per game we have seen in the five big leagues - England's Premier League, France's Ligue 1, Germany's Bundesliga, Italy's Serie A and Spain's Primera División - and then draw up a ranking.

I can do this now, even though there is still one complete matchday to come in France, because the habitually austere French have been their penny-pinching selves again and found the target so rarely. Ligue 1 currently stands at a miserly 2.32 goals per game and even a veritable deluge this weekend won't help their cellar-dweller status in this particular competition.

New readers will probably stumble over my use of the word "habitually", but the interesting thing about this goalscoring chart is that it's rather uninteresting - meaning the result is almost always the same.

See, this is now the 11th year in a row that Ligue 1 has the fewest goals per 90 minutes of league football (in 2000, Italy finished last). At the same time it is, and that's not a typo, the 21st year in a row that the Bundesliga has the most goals per game.

Germany's figure for the season just past stands at 2.92 goals per game; it is the same as in 2009 and 2002 and almost the same as in 2005 and 2001. The goal gap between the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 is so, err...gaping that even France's very best result during the past fifteen years (2.57) is still far below the Bundesliga's very worst in the same span (2.68).

Normally, the three places that separate Germany from France are up for grabs and hotly contested, but this time around we have the exact same order as last May: England (2.80 goals per game), Spain (2.74), Italy (2.51).

This time I also checked a few other leagues, maybe just for laughs, maybe because a part of me is still searching for a convincing explanation why the goals-per-game chart is so predictable.

Without having delved into every domestic league on the continent, it's safe to say the Netherlands' Eredivisie once again outscored the rest of Europe - 3.23 goals per game is pretty hefty. In the past ten years, the Dutch were outscored only two times - once by Germany, once by Germany and Spain.

There used to be a theory that said the Eredivisie's impressive goal harvest indicates that a league with fewer teams, fewer big teams, or both, is conducive to the higher goal tally. However, that theory has never stood the stats test and fails it again now, because there were 2.53 goals per game during Scotland's regular season (12 teams), 2.48 in Romania (18 teams) and only 2.43 in Portugal (16 teams).

All of which reminds me that there is another category in which the Bundesliga almost always comes out on top. That's the number of spectators the games attract. As a German, you have become so used to the figures that it's usually forgotten how amazing they are. A year ago, the average attendance in the Bundesliga was 41,800 and now it's 42,400.

Two years ago, the English company Deloitte calculated that the Bundesliga attracts, on average, about 50% more fans than the other four big leagues - 40,000 to those leagues' (combined) 26,400. According to Deloitte, the Bundesliga is the best-supported league in the entire world.

It may be a by-product of the sheer numbers, but the German fans also expect something from the people who play for their clubs. No, not just goals, of which, as we have seen, there are plenty. And no, not only commitment on the pitch, which is taken for granted. Rather, I'm talking about a certain closeness to the supporters.

If you've ever seen a Bundesliga game in the flesh, you will have noticed that the players don't just shake hands with the opposition after the final whistle, wave in the general direction of their fans and then disappear into the tunnel.

If they have won, or otherwise done well, the players will sit down in front of the fan stand and follow a strange ritual usually known as the Humba, sometimes as the Uffta. Perhaps you have also seen it after games of the national team. It's a choreography which slightly differs from ground to ground but is based around the idea that players and fans sit down, then get up, jump around in a most strange manner and sing a song in unison.

The Humba started at Mainz in the mid-90s, as the song that's normally being sung and that has given the ritual its name, "Humba Täterä", is a 1964 carnival hit originally recorded by the Mainz singer Ernst Neger.

A proper Humba needs the footballing version of a precentor, who will lead the chant in the manner of cheerleaders at gridiron games, asking them to spell out something, in this case a word that means nothing: Humba. The fact that a megaphone will really help to get this job done is one reason why this custom's spreading through the league has coincided with the rise of the ultras movement.

In Mainz, the players themselves soon began to scale the fence that separated them from their supporters to lead the chant. And now it's quite common to see footballers standing among the fans, megaphone or microphone in hand. Even stars like Michael Ballack do that. (I mention him because he caused a minor ruckus in March, when he used the megaphone to hurl abuse at Leverkusen's rivals Cologne.)

Some people are critical of the Humba, either because they think fans in non-carnival hotbeds don't really understand what this is all about or because they think it's become such a cliched ritual that everybody's just going through the motions.

Still, the Humba rarely fails to fascinate foreigners, who are not used to such spectacles at home. That refers not only to foreign observers but to foreign players, which is why one of the great, unforgettable moments of the past season happened after Schalke's home win over Inter in the Champions League.

That's because the Schalke player who climbed into the North Curve to lead the chant among the fans was the one player you wouldn't have expected there - Raul. Watching one of the most famous players in the world standing among regular Schalke supporters (one of them stripped to the waist) and leading the chant as best as he could in a language he hasn't yet mastered was quite a sight.

"It was a very special moment for me, very touching" Raul told a local paper last week. He added that he hadn't been used to anything like that in Spain, where you "just greet the fans and wave goodbye".

I don't know how Senor Blanco feels about this but I, for one, am already looking forward to August 5. To more goals and more silly Humbas.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/922904/uli-hesse:-bundesliga-top-of-the-shots-%28again%29?cc=5739
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Wed May 25, 2011 7:19 am

Also glad for Dynamo. Ale

Who needs Nuri Sahin when you can have Dani Schahin? Wink
Will be interesting if he can perform on higher levels, too.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 pm

lol!
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Second leg of the play-off match between Mönchengladbach and Bochum to start now. Reus will play for Gladbach.

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Bochum fans Ale

Germany's football heart = Ruhrpott
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed May 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Maltritz hits the bar with a great header. Bochum unlucky.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm

An own goal by Nordtveit gives Bochum the lead. Deserved, as they were clearly the better team so far.

1-1 agg. now. Game on!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:47 am