Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Share
avatar
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Age : 32
Supports : Arsenal FC
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by Cesc Soler on Thu May 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:Yes, only Marseille has a big stadium in France (60 000), Lyon had a poor season otherwise the average should have been 42 000, Lens or Paris should both be around 40 000, both Lens got relegated and Paris' supporters have been banned.
Lille will have a brand new stadium (50 000), Marseille (70-80k) and other bigger stadiums will be built as well. Right now, most of the stadiums are pretty crap compared to Germany or England.
French stadia for Euro 2016:

Spoiler:
avatar
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by Ä on Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:No. You should have said the most loyal, mature and likeable. That's why I'll just continue to harass you.

The situation is different because the fans want it to be different. You apparently don't.

We don't want it to be different?! You don't seem to understand how bad going to a game in England used to be. It's a better experience now. No one has died which is a major improvement. Yes it's more expensive, but the removal of terraces forced clubs here to renovate their stadiums to much higher standard. Euro 96 also forced this to happen quickly, and has been directly correlated to the increased interest and success of the English league. Germany benefitted massively from the 2006 World Cup and the regeneration of it's stadia. Just as the Taylor Report did here. Without either, we'd probably see more stadia like in France and Italy which are dilapidated and hardly enticing to football fans.

This argument is rather pointless anyway, because even with the higher ticket prices and all seater stadiums, most English clubs still sell out every week. And not even in the Premier League, go down a division and you see major attendances in the first division, infact the highest attendances of any second tier division in the World, and was the 4th highest attended league in Europe in 2004-2005, higher than France's Ligue 1 and Italy's Serie A. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Championship. When you have that demand, it's no surprise the clubs are in no rush to lower the prices.

We love our football, even if we have to fork out a lot for it. If anything, it shows we're even more hooked on the sport than you lot. So don't be waving your bratwurst in this direction sonny jim Ale Laughing

bernd, old prune

I guess what blut is trying to say in his own clumsy German way is that you English fans deserve SO MUCH better

but don't INSIST on getting what is rightfully yours

because you have NEVER really had a

PROPER revolution

and therefore

don't know how to stand up to your RULING classes

who have only ONE thing in mind:

squeezing the WORKING MAN out of

the LAST NICKEL he HAS

to feed his starving CHILDREN

blut is rightfully INCENSED

because the Bremen bosses just RENOVATED the Werder stadium for a tens of MILLIONS of DeutschEUROS

BUT

have "forgotten" to increase stadium capacity for REAL FANS

and instead

merely put in a few VIP seats and installed a few solar panels on the roof

blut now feel HELPLESS, ABUSED and EXPLOITED

and NO DOUBT

has LED MANY demonstrations through the streets of Bremen to rectify this terrible injustice

and therefore now wonders

WHY you Englanders cannot be just as BOLD and COURAGEOUS

I guess

Whistle
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by debaser on Thu May 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Ä wrote:
blut is rightfully INCENSED

because the Bremen bosses just RENOVATED the Werder stadium for a tens of MILLIONS of DeutschEUROS

BUT

have "forgotten" to increase stadium capacity for REAL FANS

and instead

merely put in a few VIP seats and installed a few solar panels on the roof

blut now feel HELPLESS, ABUSED and EXPLOITED

and NO DOUBT

has LED MANY demonstrations through the streets of Bremen to rectify this terrible injustice

and therefore now wonders

WHY you Englanders cannot be just as BOLD and COURAGEOUS

I guess

Whistle

Don't talk nonsense Otto. If the Werder stadium was not expanded it could only be because the fans decided it would be thus, for the benefit of all, further proving the superiority of the German fan in all things. Were that English fans aspired to be even a grain of sand in the divine sandal of your average German football fan, things could be so beautiful Sad
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri May 27, 2011 12:26 am

Fey wrote:attendance [əˈtɛndəns]

1. the act or state of attending
2. the number of persons present an attendance
3. Obsolete attendants collectively; retinue

IE

if 50k people buy a ticket but dont show up...THEY DONT ATTEND ANYTHING! But the stadium will say it's sold out!

VERSTEHE SIE DASS? or am I speaking chinese? And a few thousand supporters between a title winning club and a club fighting relegation..imagine if it was the other way around!

I don't know how things are on the other side of the cheese border these days, but season ticket holders over here not only show up regularly, they actually support their clubs. Must be a pretty pitiful state of things if the 'paying customer' (that's probably the proper term, not 'fan') doesn't even want to see the match he paid for...


As for the cheap Bundesliga tickets, very great and all but even a packed house during Nurnberg v Freiburg wont stop me from flipping it to another channel. Cause it's not a packed house that makes it up for the 22 local feckin runners!

I must be speaking Chinese, otherwise you would have understood that I strongly doubt that Bundesliga ticket prices are lower than anywhere else bar England. So in essence, the 'cheap tickets' excuse is just a myth!

Freiburg, a small club with an attacking philosophy (a rarity on the island) and a modern coach are hell lot more enjoyable to watch than your Stokes and Boltons. Hell, even Nürnberg with their exciting young players like Ekici and Gündogan this season were. Facking runners my arse!
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri May 27, 2011 12:26 am

Noah und der Bale wrote:
We don't want it to be different?! You don't seem to understand how bad going to a game in England used to be. It's a better experience now. No one has died which is a major improvement. Yes it's more expensive, but the removal of terraces forced clubs here to renovate their stadiums to much higher standard. Euro 96 also forced this to happen quickly, and has been directly correlated to the increased interest and success of the English league. Germany benefitted massively from the 2006 World Cup and the regeneration of it's stadia. Just as the Taylor Report did here. Without either, we'd probably see more stadia like in France and Italy which are dilapidated and hardly enticing to football fans.

This argument is rather pointless anyway, because even with the higher ticket prices and all seater stadiums, most English clubs still sell out every week. And not even in the Premier League, go down a division and you see major attendances in the first division, infact the highest attendances of any second tier division in the World, and was the 4th highest attended league in Europe in 2004-2005, higher than France's Ligue 1 and Italy's Serie A. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Championship. When you have that demand, it's no surprise the clubs are in no rush to lower the prices.

We love our football, even if we have to fork out a lot for it. If anything, it shows we're even more hooked on the sport than you lot. So don't be waving your bratwurst in this direction sonny jim Ale Laughing

Maybe you need to decide between yourselves first what you actually want. First, debbie says that he would like to have terraces back, now you say that everything is better now, a jolly good 'customer experience' in Scudamore land I suppose. Make up your minds Englanders ans speak with one voice. It's terrible enough that you have 4 different national teams to represent a tiny island. Grr

As far as the last bit is concerned, it's all swings and roundabouts, innit? The more I wave my Bratwurst, the more you're inclined to gloss over all the downsides of the over-commercialisation the Premier League 'evolution' has brought to you. It's not just that you willingly accept to be (over-)paying customers, you even enjoy it! Or rather say you do, as long as you don't have to agree to anything that smug kraut bastard is saying...
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri May 27, 2011 12:27 am

@otto
Our ticket prices are still amongst the lowest in the league. And since no fan paid a single Euro for the renovations, and unlike other clubs, we didn't get any kind of support from the (bankrupt) state either, it is up to the bosses to decide indeed. However, the consequence of that disaster was that Müller had to resign shortly after. Besides, the initial plan was to expand the capacity to 50,000 seats, but the calculations were wrong (rising steel prices) and hence the total costs would have been a lot higher than first expected. That was the reason why there was no capacity expansion.

@debbie
'Superiority' is the wrong word, just more....aware, involved. That's it. We are fans, you are customers...
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by debaser on Fri May 27, 2011 12:43 am

blutgraetsche wrote:
Noah und der Bale wrote:
We don't want it to be different?! You don't seem to understand how bad going to a game in England used to be. It's a better experience now. No one has died which is a major improvement. Yes it's more expensive, but the removal of terraces forced clubs here to renovate their stadiums to much higher standard. Euro 96 also forced this to happen quickly, and has been directly correlated to the increased interest and success of the English league. Germany benefitted massively from the 2006 World Cup and the regeneration of it's stadia. Just as the Taylor Report did here. Without either, we'd probably see more stadia like in France and Italy which are dilapidated and hardly enticing to football fans.

This argument is rather pointless anyway, because even with the higher ticket prices and all seater stadiums, most English clubs still sell out every week. And not even in the Premier League, go down a division and you see major attendances in the first division, infact the highest attendances of any second tier division in the World, and was the 4th highest attended league in Europe in 2004-2005, higher than France's Ligue 1 and Italy's Serie A. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Championship. When you have that demand, it's no surprise the clubs are in no rush to lower the prices.

We love our football, even if we have to fork out a lot for it. If anything, it shows we're even more hooked on the sport than you lot. So don't be waving your bratwurst in this direction sonny jim Ale Laughing

Maybe you need to decide between yourselves first what you actually want. First, debbie says that he would like to have terraces back, now you say that everything is better now, a jolly good 'customer experience' in Scudamore land I suppose. Make up your minds Englanders ans speak with one voice. It's terrible enough that you have 4 different national teams to represent a tiny island. Grr

As far as the last bit is concerned, it's all swings and roundabouts, innit? The more I wave my Bratwurst, the more you're inclined to gloss over all the downsides of the over-commercialisation the Premier League 'evolution' has brought to you. It's not just that you willingly accept to be (over-)paying customers, you even enjoy it! Or rather say you do, as long as you don't have to agree to anything that smug kraut bastard is saying...

Someone needs geography lessons (well, that or maths) Rolling Eyes
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 am

Northern Island is part of the country. Not part of that one island itself, but that's technicalities. Very German of you debbie. Are you sure you don't want to join the light side?
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by debaser on Fri May 27, 2011 12:55 am

You wouldn't want me on your side. Everything I support fails. I am poison Smile
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri May 27, 2011 1:03 am

It's the other way around good debaser. Not you are the poison, you have been poisoned yourself! If you support what's right, you won't fail. Nothing in this world could make supporting a team managed by Martin O'Neill the disgrace right. And even Jesus couldn't lift the 50 years of hurt - Adam and Eve had to leave Garden Eden for eating the forbidden fruit, just like England are eternally cursed for bribing that Russian linesman.

Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
Age : 33
Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by Knoblauch on Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 am

Very interesting....but, I wonder why your list omitted both Porto and Benfica who each averaged more than 40,000 in 2010/2011. Maybe the list was made before the portuguese season ended.

Sponsored content

Re: Top 30 average attendances in Europe 2010/2011

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:34 pm