Calcio Mercato Summer 2011

Murray

Number of posts : 10201
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Calcio Mercato Summer 2011

Post by Murray on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:23 pm

bluenine wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
Tarun wrote:Forlan and Poli to Inter. Good swoops I say!
Not bad deals at all and Poli in particular will be interesting to follow. If it wasn't for the 3-4-3 tactic I wouldn't be so pessimistic about their season. I just can't see that tactic working for them.

I agree. Forlan is a huge improvement on Pandev. Poli is one of Italy's brightest young hopes in the deeper midfield. Decent players to get without spending too much money.

But whats the point if we are going to play 343, we will not win the big games anyways...

You won't be playing 343 for long, I predict Gasperini will be fired before Christmas.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
Tarun wrote:Forlan and Poli to Inter. Good swoops I say!
Not bad deals at all and Poli in particular will be interesting to follow. If it wasn't for the 3-4-3 tactic I wouldn't be so pessimistic about their season. I just can't see that tactic working for them.

I agree. Forlan is a huge improvement on Pandev. Poli is one of Italy's brightest young hopes in the deeper midfield. Decent players to get without spending too much money.

But whats the point if we are going to play 343, we will not win the big games anyways...

You won't be playing 343 for long, I predict Gasperini will be fired before Christmas.
Or maybe he adapts to his environment, and slowly shifts to the 433. I have to say, Gasp is tactically astute, hopefully he realises that he needs to develop a new system to suit Inter.

If he doesn't adapt and sticks with the 343, it does not matter whether he gets fired in 6 months or not, Inter's season is doomed.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Well, Etoo's made a good start with Anzhi - came on as a sub in the 59th minute, and scored the equaliser in the 80th. Assist was from another big money signing, Zhirkov.

Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 pm

bluenine wrote:
Ok, these are not necessarily the biggest, but IMO the best in terms of value add to the new club for the price they paid.

Pirlo (Juve) - Free
Mexes (Milan) - Free
Taiwo (Milan) - Free
Neuton (Udinese) - undisclosed ~3m
Klose (Lazio) - Free
Stekelenburg (Roma) - 6m
Vidal (Juve) - 11m
Frey (Genoa) - undisclosed ~5m
Litchenstiener (Juve) - 10m
Nagatomo (Inter) - 6m

Valter Birsa from Auxerre to Genoa on a free could be a real gem.

Bitch of a left foot cutting in from the right and only just turned 25.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Will be interested to see Lazio this season.

Klose and Cisse are obviously very high profile - I've always liked Stankevicius and Lulic looked very exciting for Young Boys last season though Wiki says he is a left back and I remember him playing further forward ?

They are the opening fixture for Milan now - that and Palermo v Inter will be the televised games hopefully.
Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrs Iniesta, Xavi
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Diego Forlan has confirmed he is leaving Atletico Madrid to replace Samuel Eto'o at Inter.
Murray

Post by Murray on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Latest: Poli & Forlan to Inter, Tzorvas to Palermo, Pandev to Napoli, Estigarribia to Juve, Kjaer to Roma, Osvaldo to Roma, Giaccherini to Juve, Cassani to Fiorentina, Aquilani to Milan, Eto'o to Anzhi, Bovo to Genoa

M
ILAN
IN: Mexes, Taiwo, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Zigoni, Ferreira, Aquilani
OUT: Pirlo, Legrottaglie, Papastathopoulos, Onyewu, Jankulovski, Merkel, Astori, Albertazzi, Coppola, Strasser, Paloschi

INTER
IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan, Forlan, Poli, Palacios
OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Eto'o, Pandev, Muntari, Mariga, Rivas

JUVENTUS
IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic, Giaccherini, Estigarribia
OUT: [Del Neri], Paolucci, Aquilani, Salihamidzic, Tiago, Melo, Sissoko, Almiron, Martinez, Bonucci

ROMA
IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg, Osvaldo, Kjaer, Gago
OUT: Mexes, [Montella], Riise, Doni, Menez, Julio Sergio, Vucinic, Borriello

FIORENTINA
IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari, Kharja, Cassani
OUT: Santana, Mutu, Donadel, D'Agostino, Frey, Montolivo, Cerci, Gilardino

PARMA
IN: Borini, Biabiany, Blasi, Santacroce, Pelle, Sansone, Fabio Nunes, Rubin
OUT: Rossi, Castellini, Dzemaili, Paci, Pisano

PALERMO
IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores, Silvestre, Tzorvas
OUT: [Rossi]
, Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu, Lanzafame, Bovo, Cassani

NAPOLI
IN:
Santana, Donadel, Fernandez, Dzemaili, Mannini, Rosati, Inler, Britos, Colombo, Pandev
OUT: Pazienza, Santacroce, Blasi, Cribari, Sosa, Mannini

GENOA
IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey, Bovo, Gilardino
OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto, Kharja

LAZIO
IN: Klose, Konko, Lulic, Marchetti, Stankevicius, Cana, Cisse
OUT: Lichsteiner, Muslera

UDINESE
IN: D'Agostino, Barreto, Denis, Doubai, Sissoko, Fabbrini, Larrangeira, Neuton
OUT: Sanchez, Inler, Forestieri, D'Agostino, Zapata, Denis
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 am

Very happy with Poli's arrival, but a little worried as well. Gasp does not need to many midfilders, and we have added two (Alvarez, Poli). I hope this does not mean Sneijder is going.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:17 pm

bluenine wrote:Very happy with Poli's arrival, but a little worried as well. Gasp does not need to many midfilders, and we have added two (Alvarez, Poli). I hope this does not mean Sneijder is going.

well Poli has to be Mariga's replacement.
pretty much necessary since Muntari is on the way out too, so that was leaving us with only three proper CM (Cambiasso Motta Stank) all aging and injury prone, and we'll need to field two of them with any formation we could try.

I'm happy too since I like Poli, and we got him really cheap (loan and 5mil fixed price next year, while last summer he was valued 10+ mil), still somewhat a delusion since I hoped we'd have gone for a first-team level CM after selling Eto'o and Mariga, and instead we bring in another promising reserve.

Alvarez, yeah, when we bought him I thought Sneijder was over for us, as for what I've seen of him he looks much more like a mezz'ala than a winger.
But at this point I don't think we're going to sell Sneijder last-minute.

Alvarez is puzzling anyway since with or without Sneijder we would've need wingers anyway, and our most pricey acquisition is a can-do-but-not-really winger (just like Forlan btw).

Murray

Post by Murray on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Latest: Elia to Juve, Torje to Udinese, Poli & Forlan to Inter, Tzorvas to Palermo, Pandev to Napoli, Estigarribia to Juve, Kjaer to Roma, Osvaldo to Roma, Giaccherini to Juve, Cassani to Fiorentina, Aquilani to Milan

M
ILAN
IN: Mexes, Taiwo, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Zigoni, Ferreira, Aquilani
OUT: Pirlo, Legrottaglie, Papastathopoulos, Onyewu, Jankulovski, Merkel, Astori, Albertazzi, Coppola, Strasser, Paloschi

INTER
IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan, Forlan, Poli, Palacios
OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Eto'o, Pandev, Santon, Muntari, Mariga, Rivas

JUVENTUS
IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic, Giaccherini, Estigarribia, Elia
OUT: [Del Neri], Paolucci, Aquilani, Salihamidzic, Tiago, Melo, Sissoko, Almiron, Martinez, Grygera, Bonucci

ROMA
IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg, Osvaldo, Kjaer, Gago
OUT: Mexes, [Montella], Riise, Doni, Menez, Julio Sergio, Vucinic, Borriello

FIORENTINA
IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari, Kharja, Cassani
OUT: Santana, Mutu, Donadel, D'Agostino, Frey, Montolivo, Cerci, Gilardino

PARMA
IN: Borini, Biabiany, Blasi, Santacroce, Pelle, Sansone, Fabio Nunes, Rubin
OUT: Rossi, Castellini, Dzemaili, Paci, Pisano

PALERMO
IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores, Silvestre, Tzorvas
OUT: [Rossi]
, Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu, Lanzafame, Bovo, Cassani

NAPOLI
IN:
Santana, Donadel, Fernandez, Dzemaili, Mannini, Rosati, Inler, Britos, Colombo, Pandev
OUT: Pazienza, Santacroce, Blasi, Cribari, Sosa, Mannini, Ruiz

GENOA
IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey, Bovo, Gilardino
OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto, Kharja

LAZIO
IN: Klose, Konko, Lulic, Marchetti, Stankevicius, Cana, Cisse
OUT: Lichsteiner, Muslera

UDINESE
IN: D'Agostino, Barreto, Denis, Doubai, Sissoko, Fabbrini, Larrangeira, Neuton, Torje
OUT: Sanchez, Inler, Forestieri, D'Agostino, Zapata, Denis
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Some recent transfers: Tassi (Brescia) joins Inter, Grygera (Juventus) to Fulham, Santon (Inter) to Newcastle, Ruiz (Napoli) to Valencia, Torje (Dinamo Bucharest) to Udinese, Elia (Hamburg) to Juventus, Genoa buy 50% of Viviano (Inter), Vazquez (Belgrano) to Palermo, Estigarribia (Maldonado) to Juve, Poli (Sampdoria) to Inter, Forlan (Atletico) to Inter, Martinez (Juve) to Cesena

Latest transfers as they happen at: http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/08/29/Calciomercato-Serie-A-transfer-update.aspx

Very excited about 16 yr old Lorenzo Tassi... been hearing a lot about him for 2 years now, he is one of those rare kids who look destined for superstardom before hitting their teens... kinda like a certain Roberto Baggio, I believe.

I hope and pray he lives upto his potential.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 pm

bluenine wrote:Some recent transfers: Tassi (Brescia) joins Inter, Grygera (Juventus) to Fulham, Santon (Inter) to Newcastle, Ruiz (Napoli) to Valencia, Torje (Dinamo Bucharest) to Udinese, Elia (Hamburg) to Juventus, Genoa buy 50% of Viviano (Inter), Vazquez (Belgrano) to Palermo, Estigarribia (Maldonado) to Juve, Poli (Sampdoria) to Inter, Forlan (Atletico) to Inter, Martinez (Juve) to Cesena

Latest transfers as they happen at: http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/08/29/Calciomercato-Serie-A-transfer-update.aspx

Very excited about 16 yr old Lorenzo Tassi... been hearing a lot about him for 2 years now, he is one of those rare kids who look destined for superstardom before hitting their teens... kinda like a certain Roberto Baggio, I believe.

I hope and pray he lives upto his potential.

Apparently, Inter's valuation of Tassi was 5m!! Thats quite a bit for a 16 yr old, considering he already had a bad injury and has only like played a game at senior level. But then, it is Tassi.

I wonder if Inter will play him straight away for our primavera, or at the junior leagues. Inter have invested quite an amount over the last 12 month on the primavera, hope it comes good in the near future.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:36 am

Guys - any serious activity expected in Italy today? Any specific clubs, players?
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:13 am

stinger wrote:Guys - any serious activity expected in Italy today? Any specific clubs, players?

Some likely deals:
Muntari to Galatasaray
Pjanic to Roma
Gago to Roma
Borriello to Marseille/PSG
Amauri to somewhere
Bocchetti to Juve

Some long shots:
Sneijder to Man Utd
Zarate to Inter
Vargas to Arsenal
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 am

Maxwell to Milan is another one in the long shot category.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Deadline Day Updates as they happen

1301:Inter terminate the contract of Rivas by mutual consent. The financial aspect of this agreement is not yet clear. With this transaction, Inter have successfully completed their garage sale for the summer, getting rid of all the deadweight in the squad (Suazo, Muntari, Rivas, Pandev, & Mariga).

1239: Milan have managed to get rid of more deadweight, as Oddo goes to Lecce on loan.

1237: Foggia of Lazio joins Serie B club Sampdoria on a loan, with an option to buy.

1132: In a very interesting twist to the saga, Inter and Genoa have agreed to swap ownership of Viviano and Kucka, only to loan them back for this season. So Kucka is now an Inter player on loan to Genoa.

1124: Kjaer has finally signed for Roma, on a loan from Wolfsburg. Financial details have not yet been disclosed.

1059: Roma have agreed a deal with Lyon for Pjanic. Personal terms are being negotiated.

1048: Muntari is leaving Inter to join big spenders Galatasaray of Turkey, most likely on a loan with an option to buy.

Follow all the Deadline Day Updates as they happen

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Bluenine will use this link definitely, big thanks.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:59 pm

Suazo gone
Pandev gone
Mariga gone
Muntari (almost) gone
Rivas gone

At least Branca has managed to clear all the deadwood from the wage bill! Wink

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 pm

1422: Zarate is at Inter HQ to negotiate an initial loan deal worth 3m for Lazio, with a option/obligation to buy for 15m next summer. Watch this space as the biggest deadline day deal goies through....

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:17 pm

if roma can bring in Gago and Pjanic, then they would have completed an excellent summer IMO, maybe a RB would have been signed but thats it

-------------Stekelenburg

------?----Juan---Kjaer----Angel

---------------De Rossi

-------Gago---------------Pizzaro

-----Lamela-----Osvaldo----Bojan

or his 2nd favourite formation

----------------De Rossi

-------Gago------------------Pizarro

------------------Totti

-----------Osvaldo-------Bojan

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Pjanic deal done
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Apart from the sacrifice of Eto'o, this mercato did not turn out that bad....

IN: Castaignos, 50% Viviano, Alvarez, Jonathan, Poli, Forlan, Tassi, Zarate, 50% Kucka
OUT: Materazzi, Kharja, Suazo, Obinna, Mariga, Etoo, Pandev, Santon, Muntari, Rivas

We got rid of ALL of our deadweight, got in some exciting younsgters, and decent replacements for Eto'o in Forlan & Zarate.

Inter 1st team (assuming 433)

Cesar
Maicon - Lucio - Samuel - Zanetti
Stankovic - Cambaisso
Sneijder
Zarate - Pazzini - Forlan

Inter 2nd team:

Viviano
Jonathan - Ranocchia - Chivu - Nagatomo
Poli - Motta - Obi/Coutinho
Alvarez - Milito - Castaignos

Branca has done extremely well, considering the circumstances... now we need Gasp to give up on the 3man defence, and we may have a chance of challenging Milan...

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 pm

[quote="Messiah"]if roma can bring in Gago and Pjanic, then they would have completed an excellent summer IMO, maybe a RB would have been signed but thats it

---------------De Rossi

-------Gago---------------Pizzaro

-----Lamela-----Osvaldo----Bojan

or his 2nd favourite formation

----------------De Rossi

-------Gago------------------Pizarro

------------------Totti

-----------Osvaldo-------Bojan
[/quote]

Nego at RB. ok

I'll be surprised if we finish higher than 6th. A far from perfect summer. How the fuck did we get duped into paying 17mill for a guy that scored 13 goals in Serie A in the span of 4 years. Bojan was awful against Bratislava, I just don't rate the dude.

Gago Sad

I had faith in you Sabatini Sad
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:35 pm

BM, you should be happy that finally Roma have spent big money... Osvaldo, Pjanic, Kjaer, Stekelenburg, Lamela, Bojan, Gago.... Thats some star cast. Tho a lot of them look like risky investments for that amounts of cash, maybe Sabatini/Enrique know something we don't...
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Supports : AC Milan
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Nocerino to Milan
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:52 pm

bluenine wrote:Apart from the sacrifice of Eto'o, this mercato did not turn out that bad....

IN: Castaignos, 50% Viviano, Alvarez, Jonathan, Poli, Forlan, Tassi, Zarate, 50% Kucka
OUT: Materazzi, Kharja, Suazo, Obinna, Mariga, Etoo, Pandev, Santon, Muntari, Rivas

We got rid of ALL of our deadweight, got in some exciting younsgters, and decent replacements for Eto'o in Forlan & Zarate.

Inter 1st team (assuming 433)

Cesar
Maicon - Lucio - Samuel - Zanetti
Stankovic - Cambaisso
Sneijder
Zarate - Pazzini - Forlan

Inter 2nd team:

Viviano
Jonathan - Ranocchia - Chivu - Nagatomo
Poli - Motta - Obi/Coutinho
Alvarez - Milito - Castaignos

Branca has done extremely well, considering the circumstances... now we need Gasp to give up on the 3man defence, and we may have a chance of challenging Milan...

I have to admit the Inter squad isn't too bad. The impression through the summer has been pretty bad surrounding Inter but this is a fine team/squad. Excited to see how Poli does but Poli-Cambiasso could turn out to be a great combo. Think Inter needs a good winger and you could probably have picked up Reyes on the cheap. I don't know much about Alvarez so perhaps he can be that option.
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Inter have impressed in their transfers in the last few days. With Forlan, Poli and Zarate they have strengthened and I don't think they will miss Eto'o a lot. Selling him was a shrewd piece of business. And its not that they have dearth of strikers with Pazzini and Milito still in the ranks.

I think it again is a 2 way fight for the title amongst the Milanese clubs

Black Magic

Post by Black Magic on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:03 pm

Big money? We wait 4 months to get a replacement for Mexes and we can't stump up the extra few million to buy Kjaer outright, so we loan him on the final day of the transfer market?

If you went to Saba and co with the likely final squad outcome in June, where do you think it would fall? Plan K? Gago, Pjanic and Borini were nowhere near the vicinity of rumors back then seemingly the only three players on planet Europe not to be. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but leaves little optimism in Saba's planning.

It's been a decent summer - Pjanic, Kjaer, Stek, Lamela. ok (out Mexes, Menez, Mirko - pretty much analogous)

Asking me to be happy with signing that goose Osvaldo? Cmon mate.... 17mill is a joke.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Black Magic wrote:
Asking me to be happy with signing that goose Osvaldo? Cmon mate.... 17mill is a joke.
Apparently he did well in spain and finally developed an end product.

Black Magic

Post by Black Magic on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:18 pm

[quote="bluenine"][quote="Black Magic"]
[/quote]
Apparently he did well in spain and finally developed an end product. [/quote]

Yeah, I saw his goal tally for Espanyol. Unfortunately I actually saw him play at Bologna. Should have stumped up the few extra mill and signed Nilmar.

Apparently Gago is at the trigoria as we speak. He'll be a decent backup for DDR/Pizarro/Perrotta/Greco/Simplicio/Taddei Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:34 pm