The P.S.G revolution

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

The P.S.G revolution

Post by A & K on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

P.S.G are doing a City revolution. The club has just been bought by the prince Tamin bin Hamad al-Thani who is worth 85 Billion dollars.

At first they said they were going to invest 150m euros in three years, but now it looks like there are no limits.

First, Leornardo has been hired as the new general manager (he will double his salary). He said he wanted to deal with all the transfers. But things have already changed in a day. He now says he wants to chose his own coach and this might be Ancelotti from Chelsea.

So far, they haven't spent crazy amounts (not like City) but they bought Gameiro for 12m, which is a great price for someone who's 22 and who scored over 20 goals this year.

Who's next? L'equipe says, maybe Ganson and another offensive Brazilian, Lucas. Two future great players. Other names: Menez, Boriello and an endless list of players.

The qataris want to build a very big team and that's why they hired Leonardo at first...

P.S.G used to be great in the 90's and had one of the best teams in Europe when they had Rai, Valdo, Ricardo and co. Maybe, they will become geat again, but this will take time.

It looks like the owners, have quickly changed their minds, and that they now want P.S.G to win the ligue 1 next year. Summer is going to be hot!
Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Re: The P.S.G revolution

Post by Aristoskank on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 am

If he's worth $85 million then he's richer than Bill Gates and Carlos Slim Helu. Yet his name does not appear on any rich list.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:53 pm

no disrespect but why would they but psg in there that much money in the french league?. i am still waiting on someone to buy valencia.

Guess that puts own plans to sign sakho out the window,
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Messiah wrote:no disrespect but why would they but psg in there that much money in the french league?. i am still waiting on someone to buy valencia.

Why do you assume that he wants to make money?
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Maybe they can buy Kaka!!!! cheers

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
Messiah wrote:no disrespect but why would they but psg in there that much money in the french league?. i am still waiting on someone to buy valencia.

because if he doesn't want to make money at some point, then it will be just a play thing for him which he will cast of when he gets bored.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Messiah wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:

because if he doesn't want to make money at some point, then it will be just a play thing for him which he will cast of when he gets bored.
And Question
Who is to say he will get bored anytime soon anyway. PSG has a lot to do before they are a top club in Europe which I assume this guy wants to make them. I think this is great because it might make a French club competitive with top clubs in Europe.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
Messiah wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:

And Question
Who is to say he will get bored anytime soon anyway. PSG has a lot to do before they are a top club in Europe which I assume this guy wants to make them. I think this is great because it might make a French club competitive with top clubs in Europe.

And thats like thinking Jose is good for a club long term.

anyways i also think it good, it would be nice to see a french club competing in the CL, but i have a difficult time seeing an established stars going there or any young talent that they will buy staying there for a protracted period, don't think the league is that attractive to play in at the moment. one or two more billionaire play boys and it gets interested though
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Messiah wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
Messiah wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:

And Question

And thats like thinking Jose is good for a club long term.

anyways i also think it good, it would be nice to see a french club competing in the CL, but i have a difficult time seeing an established stars going there or any young talent that they will buy staying there for a protracted period, don't think the league is that attractive to play in at the moment. one or two more billionaire play boys and it gets interested though
Why? Abramovich has been at Chelsea for many years now and I'm sure PSG fans would prefer to have 7 years like Chelsea instead of the past couple of years they have had. Nothing to lose really as I see it. Like I said if they want to make this a top club then it will take a while so there is good reason to believe they will stay for a while until they achieve that. And if they have the kind of money that the article says then it won't cost them to have a plaything.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Talking of PSG, is Erding any good? Some say he is, some say he is a waster.

A & K

Post by A & K on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm

That's a good question and the answer is that they want to advertise the world cup in Qatar and they think Paris is a good place for that.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Messiah wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:

I don't see how that's any different from the majority of football clubs around the world.

A & K

Post by A & K on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Kimbo wrote:Talking of PSG, is Erding any good? Some say he is, some say he is a waster.

He is not bad, but he had a poor season last year, hence all the transfer rumors, Newcastle?He did pretty well last year (15 goals in the ligue, but that's all. I doubt he could do well for Newcatle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:29 am