Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Manchester United 2015/2016

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
Chris 23* wrote:Why is Ferguson allowed to do what he wants when he wants to. His rant the other day at every official he could find was near enough abuse, yet commentators perceive it as "passion"?!

His loyalty to united and success in the premier league doesn't mean he can go around doing what he wants. FA never ban him, commentators lick his arse, as do the media. Wenger complained once or twice at Old Trafford, kicked a water bottle, and got sent to stands. if any other Premier League manager did what Ferguson did yesterday they;d be slaughtered.

I hate the way everyone is around his little finger.

Benitez Ale

I don't have any particularly cogent insight into the Premiership, and I have nothing against United as a club really, but Ferguson is hands down the most loathsome oxygen-thief in the business. What he said about Newcastle was unbelievably arrogant, but United fans stick by him like his word is sacrosanct.

In my experience, talking to United fans about Ferguson is a waste of time. It's one thing to be tendentious, but quite another to defend this senescent, babbling idiot no matter what he does. He is one of the richest managers in the business, yet his persecution complex is as big as his ego. And there is no charm or charisma about him either, or even an ostensible strategy other than calumny, of course. It's just whining. Constant whining and denigrating people or officials.

I am the first to call out the suits who run Milan on their bullshit. Being owned by essentially a gangster will sober you and calibrate any bias pretty quickly. Yet I never see even the slightest rebuke for Ferguson by United fans. He gets away with all sorts of things in the media. And there is no charm about it either. He behaves like a cornered wolverine all the time. It's a bit tiresome.

Mourinho is a lout many times, but he has a continental affability and it's almost as if he knows he is being a bit of a dick. There is that charisma that often, when it shouldn't, offsets his whining. Ferguson is a humourless old gargoyle.

I have my reservations about his managerial acumen in some areas, but I am leaving that aside. As a person, to even someone like me, a very casual follower of the Prem, he is intolerable.

This is up there with the best of Bash's rants on the same topic Ale
Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm

@Allez

That is hands down the best response I've ever read on a football forum Laughing

Get this man a job at UEFA cheers
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Luis wrote:Ferguson is the best manager of all time, no question about that for me. Paisley maybe comes close but for Ferguson to win so many titles with largely average United sides for many seasons is a great effort. It's a shame he's so loathsome and I could tolerate that if it wasn't for the fact that he gains his sides an unfair advantage by having his chief exec at the top of the FA.

No chance, not good enough in europe, hasn't managed in another major league, and he hasn't done anything at international level.

Should have done better in Europe, I agree. So what if he hasn't managed in another major league? So if he went to Barca or Madrid and easily won La Liga's 2 team league that would make him better than consistently doing well in the toughest league in the world? Get out of here.

International level doesn't determine a good manager. There's not enough time to get all your players playing the way you want; they see each other for pointless friendlies and every 2 years where one mistake in a game and you're out for the next 4 years.

I mean Roy Hodgson is England manager. On the face of it he's doing an ok job but if England played 9 months straight he'd be a laughing stock.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Come on most if hi league titles are from a time when the epl was far from the "toughest league in the world"

Can't be the best manager ever tactically there is much to be desired, 2 cl titles in 25 years tell us as much.
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Chris 23* wrote:@Allez

That is hands down the best response I've ever read on a football forum Laughing

Get this man a job at UEFA cheers

Well it isn't out on a limb, I take the liberty of quoting Bash's words from a few weeks ago:

Bash wrote:Ferguson is a bully and a cheat. Many of the very worst things about football have been established in the game, or advanced and taken to an extreme level by him: the willingness to insult professionals on an inescapably personal level; the denigrating of officials off the pitch; the orchestrated and ceaseless abuse of officials on it; the production and encouragement of players who systematically foul the opposition; players who deliberately hurt the opposition; players who dive; the general attitude that some clubs and some people are fundamentally above others, and that the rules of the game, and the standards of polite societal intercourse, simply do not apply to them. Mourinho's greatest faults are merely things explicitly borrowed from Ferguson, and carried out with a sense of humour which Ferguson doesn't possess.

I don't doubt that Ferguson has produced some truly great sides, and that some of them - from the mid-to-late 90s, for instance - have been capable of genuinely expansive, exciting football; and it is remarkable how he's reinvigorated his team over such a long period of time. But I also don't doubt that Manchester United have benefited over the last twenty years from an unfair playing field, playing precisely by a different set of rules to other clubs; and because of that, and because of the manner of their successes, and the character and behaviour of Ferguson and many of his players, I ultimately don't respect what they've achieved, and think the game will be better when Ferguson has departed it.

There were various possible stories that could have been told and developed after our game with Manchester United: the two teams' inadequate defences; our relative attacking prowess and near triumph; our contentious second goal; Ferguson's tirade; Valencia's late foul and an inconsistency regarding the production of yellow cards. As far as I saw the immediate story focused upon was, in essence, 'Didn't Manchester United do well! What a comeback - once again! It was, after all, a Championship performance!'. Where Ferguson's tirade at the officials was mentioned, it was only later, in some cases after a day, done relatively concisely, and put in the context of a still debatable decision. The BBC mentioned it briefly on Match of the Day, and Ferguson escaped anything approaching censure; whilst they led on their website with a piece on Manchester United's 'championship performance' and 'spirit', not mentioning his behaviour until reporting today on his accusing Pardew of hypocrisy.

Ferguson came onto the pitch at the start of the second half, halting its commencement to berate Mike Dean; and he continued by hounding the linesman up the pitch, screaming in his face before shouting at the fourth official. He should have been sent off and banned for multiple games. His comments are obviously belittling, and again demonstrate his belief that he runs the game. In this case, he may have succeeded in drawing attention to his own bad behaviour - but then in any given scenario, Ferguson seems to consider obnoxious, vitriolic and abusive anger a pretty decent basic course of action.

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:@DiscoBenny

I don't know. Lippi, Guardiola. Was Clough hated? Sacchi? I am not sold on this correlation thing Very Happy.

Long time back Cloughie use to bully Ferguson. The only thing he has over Clough he drunk less. If you were a Leeds United supporter you hated Clough, with all his talk many folks that did not follow football called him big old loud mouth
which was fair. The refs liked him he only played clean football, Ferguson has to win at all costs like the rest of the managers at top clubs they will do what it takes to win I bet after the game he is not as evil as most on here feel he is. Cool

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Jaime wrote:GUARDIOLA IS HATED!!!!!! Biggrin

<Ale>

mainly for being a hypocrite like ferguson

he starts the problem here and then gets a load of midgets to attack cronaldo, then pretends he never did anything:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9UE1KFzl8

Much like ferguson he also taught his players to surround the ref at every opportunity
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 pm

@Allez I actually don't spend a lot of time in the Prem thread, so sorry if it seemed repetitive. But it's good to see that there are fellow travelers on this topic. Smile The anger fueling my response really was a result of the Newcastle comment and the insistence of United fans around me to defend 'Fergie' no matter what the evidence.

As for Guardiola, I have heard the hate for him by many, but it doesn't even come close to what people say about Ferguson (in my experience). And I include La Liga/Spanish fans in this.

Kimbo wrote:
Luis wrote:Ferguson is the best manager of all time, no question about that for me. Paisley maybe comes close but for Ferguson to win so many titles with largely average United sides for many seasons is a great effort. It's a shame he's so loathsome and I could tolerate that if it wasn't for the fact that he gains his sides an unfair advantage by having his chief exec at the top of the FA.

No chance, not good enough in europe, hasn't managed in another major league, and he hasn't done anything at international level.

I think a case can be made. But an equally convincing one can be made for a manager like Lippi or Mourinho. Lippi has won everything really. Mourinho has done it with Porto etc. It's not outlandish to suggest that Ferguson is the best in the business, but he has profited from continuity, a rare luxury for any manager in football. He can spot talent as good as any top manager, and he can also land duds like many.

Like you say though, I have my doubts whether he could succeed in another league if he were under the same pressure as many other managers. But this is speculation, and Ferguson's record will always lead people to say what Luis has said.

Also, the two European Cups that he has won were a result of a huge slice of luck. They weren't clinical, comfortable victories by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

110%

Post by 110% on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Ferguson has had 30 odd years to build up the hate though, what pep has achieved in such a short time is quite remarkable
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 pm

110% wrote:Ferguson has had 30 odd years to build up the hate though, what pep has achieved in such a short time is quite remarkable

Fair point.

Let's judge in 30 years. Maybe Guardiola will be indignant for indignation's sake all the time like Ferguson.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 pm

110% wrote:
Jaime wrote:GUARDIOLA IS HATED!!!!!! Biggrin

<Ale>

mainly for being a hypocrite like ferguson

he starts the problem here and then gets a load of midgets to attack cronaldo, then pretends he never did anything:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9UE1KFzl8

Much like ferguson he also taught his players to surround the ref at every opportunity

And is even looking for blood on his head!!!! lol! What a dick!

But yeah, hypocrite of the first order. Claims he never says anything about the referees and then you have this:

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm

I don't recall Ferguson ever having a break from football in his early forties either. I guess being paid over a million a year, coaching the best set of players in footballing history and living a life of luxury in Barcelona just got too tough for him.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Over 10m actually
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 pm

110% wrote:Ferguson has had 30 odd years to build up the hate though, what pep has achieved in such a short time is quite remarkable
Question
I didn't know Guardiola was hated. What has he done besides the video you posted?

messiah wrote:Over 10m actually
Biggrin
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 pm

I don't think he is hated..he's just one of those guys that some neutrals love so much it makes the rest of us normal folk dislike him a bit, and hate those that love him for being..for want of a better phrase, a bit queer.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Disco Benny - you like Coyle and Adkins ?!

Presumably you'd like this board to be renamed The Barclays European Football Forum ?
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:15 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:I don't think he is hated..he's just one of those guys that some neutrals love so much it makes the rest of us normal folk dislike him a bit, and hate those that love him for being..for want of a better phrase, a bit queer.

We should do a Guardiola version of this Ale

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fuballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23 pm

The board lacks real Man United fans these days, not counting the closet and fake ones...
Chris 23*

Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso

Post by Chris 23* on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:31 am

At the end of the day, there is nothing that is ever going to stop Ferguson. How sad is it that teams going to Old Trafford have to take into account "Fergie Time" and incorporate it to their tactics.

I'll bet money that the ball boy who dived and gave it "REF" will be snapped up by Fergie and at Old Traffords sidelines next week.

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:28 am

christmasborocooper wrote:I don't think he is hated..he's just one of those guys that some neutrals love so much it makes the rest of us normal folk dislike him a bit, and hate those that love him for being..for want of a better phrase, a bit queer.

<Ale>

He also has a very annoying face, but more that, it is the pretence that he is somehow "above it all", but his teams likes to dive about and surround the ref at every opportunity (more than 99% of teams). He is a massive hypocrite.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Wow...I expected a deep debate about the brilliant Cleverley, or HSWHW, or the progress Phil Jones is making...Yet, it's about slagging of a 70+ year old. No Fergie is an absolute legend. Period.

blutgraetsche wrote:The board lacks real Man United fans these days, not counting the closet and fake ones...

I'm the only one left, but I'll keep the red flag flyin' high.
Chris 23*

Post by Chris 23* on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 am

Right, he really has started to f'n lose it. Evil or Very Mad

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes the FA are picking on him

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8440350/
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 pm

WE DID IT!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

It's awesome to support a team that only has 1 hour time difference with you!! Now, this doesnt come really as a suprise cause there was never a title race to speak off. Still, it's great to have the title back. It might have been scrappy at times, but it was enough to secure our 20th title.
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Congratulations Fey Ale

It's always good to win the title, but you won it in your first season as a fan which has got to be all the sweeter.

DM me for nudes.
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks Glenn, really nice from you to congratulate a rival. This is how football should be

It's not my first season though as a massive man utd fan, is it?

A lot of asians will wake up very happy in a few hours, think about them as well Ale
Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 am

Jesus, you finally found your way out of the cinema Batman? I was starting to wonder if you were that James Holmes guy.
Chris 23*

Post by Chris 23* on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 am

Laughing
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:08 pm

84 bloody points after 34 games affraid The consistency levels are just stupid.
Fey

Post by Fey on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:16 pm

13th title for Giggs...I mean that's just sickening! He won as many titles as Arsenal have in it's entire history!!!! Infact all of his trophies combined equals all of Arsenal's trophies.

FFS! This is Arsenal we are talking about. It happens often when a big players wins more trophies then a small club, Chris Smalling has as many titles as Spurs for example, but to have as many titles as one of the biggest teams out there is mad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 am