Manchester United 2015/2016

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Manchester United 2015/2016

Post by messiah on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:53 am

a lot of money being spent in the wrong position at man u, it will make them more likely to win the prem, but they won't win the CL with that side.

Its also funny how barca and madrid have force teams to enter a who has the biggest guns contest in order to try and stay competitive in europe and by doing so its spilling over in their domestic league, with a clear mega 1-3 now forming itself in most of the top leagues
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 am

messiah wrote:a lot of money being spent in the wrong position at man u, it will make them more likely to win the prem, but they won't win the CL with that side.

Its also funny how barca and madrid have force teams to enter a who has the biggest guns contest in order to try and stay competitive in europe and by doing so its spilling over in their domestic league, with a clear mega 1-3 now forming itself in most of the top leagues

Not sure you can really pin this on Barca & Madrid. It's a factor, but Man Utd have also been forced to do this to keep up with the new money of first Chelsea & now (and more vitally for their prestige) City.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 am

debaser wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:They're after Leighton Baines.

Smalling, Jones, Evans are also pretty versatile.

Striker options are crazy. RVP, Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Welbeck, Manucho, Bebe, Macheda

They also signed Nick Powell who is proper Bo I tell thee.

This is the season of 3 at the back anyway.

Berbatov will surely go with the arrival of Percy. He already barely played. Would take him at Villa ok

Maybe he could go back to spurs, thereby RVP gets to further screw the gunners
Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:21 am

Bashmachkin wrote:I was going to wander in here to ask the question: how will Man Utd line up with the addition of van Persie? Does Batman's team work? Does it suit Rooney at this point, given the stage he's at in his career and the sort of player he has become, to drop behind a forward; and will Kagawa be effective coming from the left? On paper I think it does look good - I'm hesitant regarding Rooney, but the idea of Cleverley linking with Kagawa, with Evra at least capable of overlapping even if his game has deteriorated over the last few seasons, sounds promising and it looks like a technically competent, passing side. On the other hand, if Rooney can't drop deeper, if Kagawa doesn't work on the left, if Nani has an inconsistent season, then Man Utd will have a host of forwards who can't all play and will be light on the wings. I think Welbeck will be unfortunate to drop down the pecking order; and does the above eleven, without him, have an abundance of pace in the attack?

I've heard that Kagawa sometimes plays on the left for Japan. What i would like to see is a roaming/interchanging front 4, so during the 90mins of the match the front 4 could look like this...

Nani - - - Rooney - - Kagawa

van Persie

Nani - - - Kagawa - - Rooney

van Persie

van Persie - - Kagawa - - - Nani

Rooney

Nani - - - - - - Kagawa

van Persie - - Rooney

Attacking Subs: Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, Young, Valencia, Welbeck, Hernandez.

Think Berbatov be sold now - gutted it didnt work out for him(SAF has to take some blame) because he is a really gifted player. In hindsight probably should not have signed him and just kept Tevez.

Batman

Post by Batman on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am

debaser wrote:It'll be a 442. Ferguson likes 442. 2 from Nani/Kagawa/Valencia/Young on the wings, 2 from Carrick/Cleverley/Scholes/Giggs/Anderson/Fletcher in the middle and 2 from Rooney/Van Persie/Welbeck/Hernandez up front. Pretty simple.

Surely need to bring in a couple of full-backs. Rafael ain't trustworthy enough to be 1st choice all season, and Evra has zero cover now Fabio on loan. Jones/Smalling ain't really full backs.

In RB we are covered imo, Rafael, Jones, Smalling and Valencia(SAF played him last season a few times at RB and in some preseason games just now)

LB we need, i thought we would get Baines from Everton but now that they sold Rodwell they might not need to sell Baines to get in some transfer funds.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:40 pm

I hope he breaks his legs Ale
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Wouldn't you have prefered a good Cm Batman? It looks like SAF really believes in Cleverly and my Man Utd friends keep telling me he is the shit although I'm yet to see the big talent.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Cleverley definitely is decent, but I don't know what he's especially good at if that makes sense? He keeps the ball well but not much else. He's not the greatest tackler and doesn't have a great goal record either. It'll be interesting to see the United team that lines up, though I am sure it'll still be a 442.
Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:46 pm

I suppose my big question - more than something regarding Man Utd's central midfielders, who I like; above any issues regarding their full-backs, who I don't particularly rate, and a potential left-back signing; more important than Kagawa's best position, because I think Batman is probably right and he will fit in somewhere and be able to roam - is what sort of players Rooney and van Persie are now. With Fey and others making a connection between Rooney and van Persie and Cole and Yorke, is it the case that Rooney and van Persie will be able to play in a similar way, both dropping off at times, interlinking well, creating, moving with pace; or have they both become primarily goalscorers, and somewhat used to leading the line, and how quick are they as a combination?
Batman

Post by Batman on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Super Progress 2012 wrote:Wouldn't you have prefered a good Cm Batman? It looks like SAF really believes in Cleverly and my Man Utd friends keep telling me he is the shit although I'm yet to see the big talent.

i would have loved a good CM player but i also do believe Clevery and Anderson (both injured for alot of last season) can become really good players. with Scholes back and maybe Fletcher our CM options look like this:

Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverly and if needed Jones and Giggs.

Possible 7 players to pick from.

Modric - would have been a good signing but i think he would choose Real Madrid over us.

Javi Martinez - not seen enough of him to comment if hes better than Carrick.

There are some other good young prospects in europe but because they are young they might not make the instant impact we would need.

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Cleverley definitely is decent, but I don't know what he's especially good at if that makes sense? He keeps the ball well but not much else. He's not the greatest tackler and doesn't have a great goal record either. It'll be interesting to see the United team that lines up, though I am sure it'll still be a 442.

Cleverley is a ball retainer - able to pass "between the lines" and then always looking to move to receive back and move it on again. In other words, very much in the Scholes mould.

Best example - see below, particularly 2:10.

He's a quality player
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 pm

what the needed was a dm not a cm
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Rose
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm

messiah wrote:what the needed was a dm not a cm

Ale

I'm surprised they weren't/aren't in for M'Vila/Capoue.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Van Persie: "Let me make it clear there is no hard feelings with Arsenal. I am not angry with them, they are not angry with me. Thats life".

We're not angry with you lol!
Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Why is Ferguson allowed to do what he wants when he wants to. His rant the other day at every official he could find was near enough abuse, yet commentators perceive it as "passion"?!

His loyalty to united and success in the premier league doesn't mean he can go around doing what he wants. FA never ban him, commentators lick his arse, as do the media. Wenger complained once or twice at Old Trafford, kicked a water bottle, and got sent to stands. if any other Premier League manager did what Ferguson did yesterday they;d be slaughtered.

I hate the way everyone is around his little finger.

Benitez Ale
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Who needs Batman, when you got Robin Blush

Anyway, league hasnt been put to bed yet, still only 7 points clear. But today we achieved an amazing record.

Best ever points haul after 22 games in our history with 55 points. If we continue this form we get level with Chelsea's team that got 95 points. Still, many tough games to play. Like Tottenham away Very Happy But it's highly possible we are gonna win the league at the Emirates, which would be a joy for RVP.

Not too shabby eh, for the "Worst Man Utd team in History"
Fey

Post by Fey on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:52 pm

messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Pep to manu in three years.
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Is there a better English player in the game atm?

Me thinks no.
Chris 23*

Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso

Post by Chris 23* on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26 am

Behave, Shelvey has pieces of shit like Cleverly for breakfast!
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 am

Gary Neville's face when Dempsey scored for Spurs in injury time:

lol!

Chris 23*

Post by Chris 23* on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:42 am

lol!
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Chris 23* wrote:Why is Ferguson allowed to do what he wants when he wants to. His rant the other day at every official he could find was near enough abuse, yet commentators perceive it as "passion"?!

His loyalty to united and success in the premier league doesn't mean he can go around doing what he wants. FA never ban him, commentators lick his arse, as do the media. Wenger complained once or twice at Old Trafford, kicked a water bottle, and got sent to stands. if any other Premier League manager did what Ferguson did yesterday they;d be slaughtered.

Benitez Ale

I don't have any particularly cogent insight into the Premiership, and I have nothing against United as a club really, but Ferguson is hands down the most loathsome oxygen-thief in the business. What he said about Newcastle was unbelievably arrogant, but United fans stick by him like his word is sacrosanct.

In my experience, talking to United fans about Ferguson is a waste of time. It's one thing to be tendentious, but quite another to defend this senescent, babbling idiot no matter what he does. He is one of the richest managers in the business, yet his persecution complex is as big as his ego. And there is no charm or charisma about him either, or even an ostensible strategy other than calumny, of course. It's just whining. Constant whining and denigrating people or officials.

I am the first to call out the suits who run Milan on their bullshit. Being owned by essentially a gangster will sober you and calibrate any bias pretty quickly. Yet I never see even the slightest rebuke for Ferguson by United fans. He gets away with all sorts of things in the media. And there is no charm about it either. He behaves like a cornered wolverine all the time. It's a bit tiresome.

Mourinho is a lout many times, but he has a continental affability and it's almost as if he knows he is being a bit of a dick. There is that charisma that often, when it shouldn't, offsets his whining. Ferguson is a humourless old gargoyle.

I have my reservations about his managerial acumen in some areas, but I am leaving that aside. As a person, to even someone like me, a very casual follower of the Prem, he is intolerable.

The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Blush

such an elegant and articulate post. I'm considering having it tattooed on my back.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Ferguson is the best manager of all time, no question about that for me. Paisley maybe comes close but for Ferguson to win so many titles with largely average United sides for many seasons is a great effort. It's a shame he's so loathsome and I could tolerate that if it wasn't for the fact that he gains his sides an unfair advantage by having his chief exec at the top of the FA.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
Chris 23* wrote:Why is Ferguson allowed to do what he wants when he wants to. His rant the other day at every official he could find was near enough abuse, yet commentators perceive it as "passion"?!

Benitez Ale

I don't have any particularly cogent insight into the Premiership, and I have nothing against United as a club really, but Ferguson is hands down the most loathsome oxygen-thief in the business. What he said about Newcastle was unbelievably arrogant, but United fans stick by him like his word is sacrosanct.

In my experience, talking to United fans about Ferguson is a waste of time. It's one thing to be tendentious, but quite another to defend this senescent, babbling idiot no matter what he does. He is one of the richest managers in the business, yet his persecution complex is as big as his ego. And there is no charm or charisma about him either, or even an ostensible strategy other than calumny, of course. It's just whining. Constant whining and denigrating people or officials.

I am the first to call out the suits who run Milan on their bullshit. Being owned by essentially a gangster will sober you and calibrate any bias pretty quickly. Yet I never see even the slightest rebuke for Ferguson by United fans. He gets away with all sorts of things in the media. And there is no charm about it either. He behaves like a cornered wolverine all the time. It's a bit tiresome.

Mourinho is a lout many times, but he has a continental affability and it's almost as if he knows he is being a bit of a dick. There is that charisma that often, when it shouldn't, offsets his whining. Ferguson is a humourless old gargoyle.

I have my reservations about his managerial acumen in some areas, but I am leaving that aside. As a person, to even someone like me, a very casual follower of the Prem, he is intolerable.

Ale

However, there is a clear correlation between being a massive c**t and being successful when it comes to Football Managers.

The likeable ones like Nigel Adkins end up.....like Nigel Adkins.

Or Owen Coyle. What an unusually likeable Scot he was. A mysterious anomaly.

Ferguson's Govan attitude is fully expected. Whenever I see his blotchy red pudding face, I am reminded of this:

Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Luis wrote:Ferguson is the best manager of all time, no question about that for me. Paisley maybe comes close but for Ferguson to win so many titles with largely average United sides for many seasons is a great effort. It's a shame he's so loathsome and I could tolerate that if it wasn't for the fact that he gains his sides an unfair advantage by having his chief exec at the top of the FA.

No chance, not good enough in europe, hasn't managed in another major league, and he hasn't done anything at international level.
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 pm

@DiscoBenny

I don't know. Lippi, Guardiola. Was Clough hated? Sacchi? I am not sold on this correlation thing Very Happy.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 pm

GUARDIOLA IS HATED!!!!!! Biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:59 am