Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Share
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:14 pm

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/06/15/ms-european-team-of-the-season-2010-111/

-----------vandersar

alves-hummels- silva- marcelo

--jansen---sahin----xavi

messi-----cavani----ronaldo


bench:

----------valdes

debuchy-vidic-kompany-contrao

-------vidal
----özil----iniesta

sanchez---rossi----valcao

thoughts!!!

discuss


i think NO NEUER is an epic fail, otherwise i agree with the most, maybe gomez would deserve a nomination too

good to see the EPL delivers really nothing in terms of attacking potential and midfielders, there best players defenders

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Age : 30
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:23 pm

I think there should be more German and German based players and NO English or English based players.

Think about it

Question

And have a great day Ale

Guest
Guest

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:42 pm

VV better than van ser sar, but he is retiring, Pique better than vidic,kompany,hummels and silva last season. don't even on the bench.

Inieta a bench player, you cannot separate xaviesta, they should have gone with a out and out dm as well, vidal in the first team instead of the bench.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueńo, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Messiah wrote:VV better than van ser sar, but he is retiring, Pique better than vidic,kompany,hummels and silva last season. don't even on the bench.

Inieta a bench player, you cannot separate xaviesta, they should have gone with a out and out dm as well, vidal in the first team instead of the bench.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I don't really see how you can justify claims like this. Valdes concedes very few goals but we all know that is because the opposing team never has the ball. In Spain alone he ranked 20th in total saves, 17th in saves-to-shots on goal ratio, 18th in total goalkeeper interventions, and the Don Balon match ratings had four other goalkeepers with higher scores than Valdes.

Guest
Guest

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:VV better than van ser sar, but he is retiring, Pique better than vidic,kompany,hummels and silva last season. don't even on the bench.

Inieta a bench player, you cannot separate xaviesta, they should have gone with a out and out dm as well, vidal in the first team instead of the bench.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I don't really see how you can justify claims like this. Valdes concedes very few goals but we all know that is because the opposing team never has the ball. In Spain alone he ranked 20th in total saves, 17th in saves-to-shots on goal ratio, 18th in total goalkeeper interventions, and the Don Balon match ratings had four other goalkeepers with higher scores than Valdes.

as the article said, he doesn't face much shots on goal, but he keeps his mine in the game and almost always comes up with the save.

2nd to few in one on ones
commands his area well
distribution is 2nd to a few if any.

the man has honestly been better than iker for example over the past few season, don't think anyone who is looking at the game critically would claim different.

its getting kinda of lame for people to claim barca cb's and goalkeeper aren't as good as their counterparts because the team has position. and then claim a defender or keeper thats protected by two dmeds and a low defensive line is better.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueńo, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Messiah wrote:
Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:VV better than van ser sar, but he is retiring, Pique better than vidic,kompany,hummels and silva last season. don't even on the bench.

Inieta a bench player, you cannot separate xaviesta, they should have gone with a out and out dm as well, vidal in the first team instead of the bench.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I don't really see how you can justify claims like this. Valdes concedes very few goals but we all know that is because the opposing team never has the ball. In Spain alone he ranked 20th in total saves, 17th in saves-to-shots on goal ratio, 18th in total goalkeeper interventions, and the Don Balon match ratings had four other goalkeepers with higher scores than Valdes.

as the article said, he doesn't face much shots on goal, but he keeps his mine in the game and almost always comes up with the save.

2nd to few in one on ones
commands his area well
distribution is 2nd to a few if any.

the man has honestly been better than iker for example over the past few season, don't think anyone who is looking at the game critically would claim different.

its getting kinda of lame for people to claim barca cb's and goalkeeper aren't as good as their counterparts because the team has position. and then claim a defender or keeper thats protected by two dmeds and a low defensive line is better.

Why do you bring Iker into this? Oh right. VALDES SELECCION! lol!

Diego Alves and Dani Aranzubia were the best goalkeepers in the league last season. Both Almeria and Depor would have been relegated by Christmas without them. If you put Pinto in the net for Barcelona it doesn't really change that much.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Jordan Glenderson wrote:I think there should be more German and German based players and NO English or English based players.

Think about it

Question

And have a great day Ale

i expect 5-7 german players in the 2012 team Very Happy
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Kroos wrote:http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/06/15/ms-european-team-of-the-season-2010-111/

-----------vandersar

alves-hummels- silva- marcelo

--jansen---sahin----xavi

messi-----cavani----ronaldo


bench:

----------valdes

debuchy-vidic-kompany-contrao

-------vidal
----özil----iniesta

sanchez---rossi----valcao

thoughts!!!

discuss


i think NO NEUER is an epic fail, otherwise i agree with the most, maybe gomez would deserve a nomination too

good to see the EPL delivers really nothing in terms of attacking potential and midfielders, there best players defenders

The EPL delivered 3 teams into the last 8 of the CL, whilst the Bundesliga was won by a team nowhere near the latter stages of Europe in the last decade.

The Bundesliga is the "new EPL" from about 15 years ago: massively overrated.

How else do you justify having 2 players picked in this team who performed in their own league but did not even compete in Europe last season? If this had been 2 EPL players from a team who didn't even compete in the CL, we all know what the accusations would be.

Germany is fast becoming the most overrated footballing nation on the planet, both domestically and internationally. Think about it Ale
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
Kroos wrote:http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/06/15/ms-european-team-of-the-season-2010-111/

-----------vandersar

alves-hummels- silva- marcelo

--jansen---sahin----xavi

messi-----cavani----ronaldo


bench:

----------valdes

debuchy-vidic-kompany-contrao

-------vidal
----özil----iniesta

sanchez---rossi----valcao

thoughts!!!

discuss


i think NO NEUER is an epic fail, otherwise i agree with the most, maybe gomez would deserve a nomination too

good to see the EPL delivers really nothing in terms of attacking potential and midfielders, there best players defenders

The EPL delivered 3 teams into the last 8 of the CL, whilst the Bundesliga was won by a team nowhere near the latter stages of Europe in the last decade.

The Bundesliga is the "new EPL" from about 15 years ago: massively overrated.

How else do you justify having 2 players picked in this team who performed in their own league but did not even compete in Europe last season? If this had been 2 EPL players from a team who didn't even compete in the CL, we all know what the accusations would be.

agree, scott parker should have been in the team Very Happy, but i got your point, i think sahin, vidal should not be in the team, because they have nothing done in europe, i dont know the dutch guy


Germany is fast becoming the most overrated footballing nation on the planet, both domestically and internationally. Think about it Ale

no germany will fast become the force they were once for club and international games

avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:24 pm

I look forward to it Ale
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 101
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Allez les rouges on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:56 pm

As if Kroosie is being particularly controversial here, or has made any suggestion as laughable and biased as that Victor Valdes is better than van der Sar Smile
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:As if Kroosie is being particularly controversial here, or has made any suggestion as laughable and biased as that Victor Valdes is better than van der Sar Smile

Nah, not really. But when these team lists get printed on websites and EPL / English players are on there, it is almost always followed by a stinking dustcloud of accusations of being overrated; the root cause of which ranging from UK media bias to being white to being linked to the World's Economic Banking System.

Creating a European team of the year and including 2 Bundesliga players who didn't play in Europe just deserves a little nudge in the ribs to those championing it when there would have been indignation if it had been 2 EPL players in a similar situation.

That's all it is: a little caress of Kroosie's enormous, hardened, protein-shake enhanced Teuton pectoral, just to remind him Ale

avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:

Why do you bring Iker into this? Oh right. VALDES SELECCION! lol!

cheers

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Age : 30
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote:As if Kroosie is being particularly controversial here, or has made any suggestion as laughable and biased as that Victor Valdes is better than van der Sar Smile

Nah, not really. But when these team lists get printed on websites and EPL / English players are on there, it is almost always followed by a stinking dustcloud of accusations of being overrated; the root cause of which ranging from UK media bias to being white to being linked to the World's Economic Banking System.

Creating a European team of the year and including 2 Bundesliga players who didn't play in Europe just deserves a little nudge in the ribs to those championing it when there would have been indignation if it had been 2 EPL players in a similar situation.

That's all it is: a little caress of Kroosie's enormous, hardened, protein-shake enhanced Teuton pectoral, just to remind him Ale


it's just yet another in a long line of 'list of my favourite players' XI posts that we'll see with only women's football and Henmania to otherwise get us through the summer. They'll all be full of flawed and laughable suggestions, recently the French and Dutch leagues were en-vogue to discover up and coming players, next year it will be the Swiss or Turkish.

It is interesting that lately German players have started to make an impact outside of the Bundesliga. Possibly to do with wages, possibly to do with European success, or perhaps because now 6 out of 10 German women are locked in their father's cellar so young men may feel more inclined to search overseas to find a wife. I don't know, but it can only be a matter of time before we see Kenny Miller or Alex Frei in one of these lists.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 pm

The guy(s) at Zonalmarking do outrageous things, like actually watching football matches. Unheard-of things that probably tear the Europeanboard microcosm to shreds. But Sports Interactive are working on it, the next Football Manager update is just around the corner...

Guest
Guest

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 am

Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:
Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:VV better than van ser sar, but he is retiring, Pique better than vidic,kompany,hummels and silva last season. don't even on the bench.

Inieta a bench player, you cannot separate xaviesta, they should have gone with a out and out dm as well, vidal in the first team instead of the bench.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I don't really see how you can justify claims like this. Valdes concedes very few goals but we all know that is because the opposing team never has the ball. In Spain alone he ranked 20th in total saves, 17th in saves-to-shots on goal ratio, 18th in total goalkeeper interventions, and the Don Balon match ratings had four other goalkeepers with higher scores than Valdes.

as the article said, he doesn't face much shots on goal, but he keeps his mine in the game and almost always comes up with the save.

2nd to few in one on ones
commands his area well
distribution is 2nd to a few if any.

the man has honestly been better than iker for example over the past few season, don't think anyone who is looking at the game critically would claim different.

its getting kinda of lame for people to claim barca cb's and goalkeeper aren't as good as their counterparts because the team has position. and then claim a defender or keeper thats protected by two dmeds and a low defensive line is better.

Why do you bring Iker into this? Oh right. VALDES SELECCION! lol!

Diego Alves and Dani Aranzubia were the best goalkeepers in the league last season. Both Almeria and Depor would have been relegated by Christmas without them. If you put Pinto in the net for Barcelona it doesn't really change that much.

Very Happy

But seriously, I don't get how on one hand most on this board in particular, say messi isn't only as good because of the system that he plays at barca and the same acquisation has been made of almost every bar player in the current starting XI, with the exaction of villa,alves and abidal.

Yet if this system that pep has almost perfected is so good, why does at every debate its said that pep is only so successful because he has such GREAT players at his disposal.

do you see the contrediction?.

surely it has to be one or the other are a bit of both, but that rarely comes out in any debate involving barccelona on this board.

now it seems most on here get tihngs twisted in the little mind, like for example be saying VV>Van der sar, as to say VV is a greater keeper, hence they are looking at their careers as an whole and saying now way is that possible, which is correct, but thats not what i am saying, i am merely saying VV has been better than Van der sar over the past season or three.which is argubly correct, ARGUABLY.

Now those stats that you posted does not give the full picture, they never do. like they don't bring out the fact that most shots faced by VV are in one on one situations which is a lot more difficult to save that little shots from out side the box, which makes other keeper stats look a lot better, nor does those stats tell you what he really does in a 90 minute game, the near perfect passing, playing what is in essense a sweeper role for barca, the command of his area, wonderful one on one ability(yeah i know it may sound like a bit of a contridection, but for those who are thinking criticaly these will know) an the fact that most goals that are scored against him or near unstoppable, for those who don't really watch much barca but claim they do, get a few videos.

exampple rooneys goals, Unstoppable, but it counts against him, as much as the messi goal, which the keeper should have doen better on.

but most still see the VV from 5,6,7 years a a go and not the incredible progess he has been over the years, to the point that i don't think you will find a well RESPECTed Pundit not a english shit bag, who doesn't rate VV as one of the best 3-5 keepers in the world.

many say he is currently the best keeper in spain for example. Laughing
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueńo, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Jaime on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 am

Messiah wrote:
Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:
Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:VV better than van ser sar, but he is retiring, Pique better than vidic,kompany,hummels and silva last season. don't even on the bench.

Inieta a bench player, you cannot separate xaviesta, they should have gone with a out and out dm as well, vidal in the first team instead of the bench.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I don't really see how you can justify claims like this. Valdes concedes very few goals but we all know that is because the opposing team never has the ball. In Spain alone he ranked 20th in total saves, 17th in saves-to-shots on goal ratio, 18th in total goalkeeper interventions, and the Don Balon match ratings had four other goalkeepers with higher scores than Valdes.

as the article said, he doesn't face much shots on goal, but he keeps his mine in the game and almost always comes up with the save.

2nd to few in one on ones
commands his area well
distribution is 2nd to a few if any.

the man has honestly been better than iker for example over the past few season, don't think anyone who is looking at the game critically would claim different.

its getting kinda of lame for people to claim barca cb's and goalkeeper aren't as good as their counterparts because the team has position. and then claim a defender or keeper thats protected by two dmeds and a low defensive line is better.

Why do you bring Iker into this? Oh right. VALDES SELECCION! lol!

Diego Alves and Dani Aranzubia were the best goalkeepers in the league last season. Both Almeria and Depor would have been relegated by Christmas without them. If you put Pinto in the net for Barcelona it doesn't really change that much.

Very Happy

But seriously, I don't get how on one hand most on this board in particular, say messi isn't only as good because of the system that he plays at barca and the same acquisation has been made of almost every bar player in the current starting XI, with the exaction of villa,alves and abidal.

Yet if this system that pep has almost perfected is so good, why does at every debate its said that pep is only so successful because he has such GREAT players at his disposal.

do you see the contrediction?.

surely it has to be one or the other are a bit of both, but that rarely comes out in any debate involving barccelona on this board.

now it seems most on here get tihngs twisted in the little mind, like for example be saying VV>Van der sar, as to say VV is a greater keeper, hence they are looking at their careers as an whole and saying now way is that possible, which is correct, but thats not what i am saying, i am merely saying VV has been better than Van der sar over the past season or three.which is argubly correct, ARGUABLY.

Now those stats that you posted does not give the full picture, they never do. like they don't bring out the fact that most shots faced by VV are in one on one situations which is a lot more difficult to save that little shots from out side the box, which makes other keeper stats look a lot better, nor does those stats tell you what he really does in a 90 minute game, the near perfect passing, playing what is in essense a sweeper role for barca, the command of his area, wonderful one on one ability(yeah i know it may sound like a bit of a contridection, but for those who are thinking criticaly these will know) an the fact that most goals that are scored against him or near unstoppable, for those who don't really watch much barca but claim they do, get a few videos.

exampple rooneys goals, Unstoppable, but it counts against him, as much as the messi goal, which the keeper should have doen better on.

but most still see the VV from 5,6,7 years a a go and not the incredible progess he has been over the years, to the point that i don't think you will find a well RESPECTed Pundit not a english shit bag, who doesn't rate VV as one of the best 3-5 keepers in the world.

many say he is currently the best keeper in spain for example. Laughing

I feel like the problem with you is that if someone argues that Valdes is not the greatest, what you hear is Valdes is sh!t. Biggrin You can argue that Valdes had a better season than VDS but I have seen XI of the season for la liga this past year that have had Diego Alves, Diego Lopez, Aranzubia, De Gea, Valdes, and Casillas. So you can at the same time aruge that Valdes wasn't even the best goalkeeper in Spain. It doesn't mean someone like myself is saying that he is awful (apart from when I am intentionally trying to wind you up). Valdes is greatly improved I think anyone who watches la liga will agree with this. I don't know that most of his the shots he faces are one on ones (stats!) but I do know he f*cks up a lot less than he used to. I think I only had to post VALDES SELECCION once or twice this year. I do wonder if Barcelona didn't keep the ball as much as they do and Valdes was tested more (here you have to concede that the stats do accurately suggest he is one of the least tested goalkeepers) if we wouldnt see more of the old Valdes from time to time. But that is a different debate. My point is that Valdes is not indisputably the best and that it is silly to suggest that VDS was only included because he is retiring. Some obviously think he was better on the season, just as some thought Diego Lopez was better.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueńo, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Jaime on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 am

Of course we all know that Neurer > all. But still...

Guest
Guest

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 am

Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:
Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:
Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:VV better than van ser sar, but he is retiring, Pique better than vidic,kompany,hummels and silva last season. don't even on the bench.

Inieta a bench player, you cannot separate xaviesta, they should have gone with a out and out dm as well, vidal in the first team instead of the bench.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I don't really see how you can justify claims like this. Valdes concedes very few goals but we all know that is because the opposing team never has the ball. In Spain alone he ranked 20th in total saves, 17th in saves-to-shots on goal ratio, 18th in total goalkeeper interventions, and the Don Balon match ratings had four other goalkeepers with higher scores than Valdes.

as the article said, he doesn't face much shots on goal, but he keeps his mine in the game and almost always comes up with the save.

2nd to few in one on ones
commands his area well
distribution is 2nd to a few if any.

the man has honestly been better than iker for example over the past few season, don't think anyone who is looking at the game critically would claim different.

its getting kinda of lame for people to claim barca cb's and goalkeeper aren't as good as their counterparts because the team has position. and then claim a defender or keeper thats protected by two dmeds and a low defensive line is better.

Why do you bring Iker into this? Oh right. VALDES SELECCION! lol!

Diego Alves and Dani Aranzubia were the best goalkeepers in the league last season. Both Almeria and Depor would have been relegated by Christmas without them. If you put Pinto in the net for Barcelona it doesn't really change that much.

Very Happy

But seriously, I don't get how on one hand most on this board in particular, say messi isn't only as good because of the system that he plays at barca and the same acquisation has been made of almost every bar player in the current starting XI, with the exaction of villa,alves and abidal.

Yet if this system that pep has almost perfected is so good, why does at every debate its said that pep is only so successful because he has such GREAT players at his disposal.

do you see the contrediction?.

surely it has to be one or the other are a bit of both, but that rarely comes out in any debate involving barccelona on this board.

now it seems most on here get tihngs twisted in the little mind, like for example be saying VV>Van der sar, as to say VV is a greater keeper, hence they are looking at their careers as an whole and saying now way is that possible, which is correct, but thats not what i am saying, i am merely saying VV has been better than Van der sar over the past season or three.which is argubly correct, ARGUABLY.

Now those stats that you posted does not give the full picture, they never do. like they don't bring out the fact that most shots faced by VV are in one on one situations which is a lot more difficult to save that little shots from out side the box, which makes other keeper stats look a lot better, nor does those stats tell you what he really does in a 90 minute game, the near perfect passing, playing what is in essense a sweeper role for barca, the command of his area, wonderful one on one ability(yeah i know it may sound like a bit of a contridection, but for those who are thinking criticaly these will know) an the fact that most goals that are scored against him or near unstoppable, for those who don't really watch much barca but claim they do, get a few videos.

exampple rooneys goals, Unstoppable, but it counts against him, as much as the messi goal, which the keeper should have doen better on.

but most still see the VV from 5,6,7 years a a go and not the incredible progess he has been over the years, to the point that i don't think you will find a well RESPECTed Pundit not a english shit bag, who doesn't rate VV as one of the best 3-5 keepers in the world.

many say he is currently the best keeper in spain for example. Laughing

I feel like the problem with you is that if someone argues that Valdes is not the greatest, what you hear is Valdes is sh!t. Biggrin You can argue that Valdes had a better season than VDS but I have seen XI of the season for la liga this past year that have had Diego Alves, Diego Lopez, Aranzubia, De Gea, Valdes, and Casillas. So you can at the same time aruge that Valdes wasn't even the best goalkeeper in Spain. It doesn't mean someone like myself is saying that he is awful (apart from when I am intentionally trying to wind you up). Valdes is greatly improved I think anyone who watches la liga will agree with this. I don't know that most of his the shots he faces are one on ones (stats!) but I do know he f*cks up a lot less than he used to. I think I only had to post VALDES SELECCION once or twice this year. I do wonder if Barcelona didn't keep the ball as much as they do and Valdes was tested more (here you have to concede that the stats do accurately suggest he is one of the least tested goalkeepers) if we wouldnt see more of the old Valdes from time to time. But that is a different debate. My point is that Valdes is not indisputably the best and that it is silly to suggest that VDS was only included because he is retiring. Some obviously think he was better on the season, just as some thought Diego Lopez was better.

nah i don't hear shit when posters like you say valdez isn't the best. i don't think he is the best my self, but the man is in all honestly one of the very best keepers out there right now.

Its the other shitty guys who constantly talk crap about the pornstar that really grinds my gears.

But VDS was seriously only in it because he was retiring, its not only pornstar that was better, but so was iker
and of course this debate is useless considering neurer is in the building,

Sponsored content

Re: Zonal Marking European Team of the Season

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:04 am