Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butrague˝o, Redondo, Ra˙l, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:16 am

Super Mourinho wrote:
King Pipita wrote:It is a tragedy that Drenthe can't play more often now. At this rate he'll probably win WPOTY next season.

In all seriousness though, CoentrŃo was expensive but I don't see him as a waste of money like Neymar or Aguero would be.
I would almost prefer Neymar or Aguero to Coentrao. We already have Marcelo who just had a super season for us and came out of this year as one of the best left backs in the world. Relative to that it's insane to buy another leftback even if one is to cover the other when the amount is 30M. Leftback is hardly a position where it makes sense to rotate like with attacking players. This tranfer makes no sense.

In this we agree Super.

But I went back and found a replay of Braga v Benfica towards the end of the season. You can see why Mourinho wants him - he is a lot better than Marcelo in the air and he seems less inclined to just bomb forward. It is a shame because like you say, Marcelo has just come off of his best season yet. All of those f*ck ups and missed markings and failure to recover defensively - all of it was just about to pay off in a player that was actually developing (in Real Madrid ffs!) into one of the best players in his position. But you don't pay 30m to put someone on the bench.

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 am

Real Madrid in Brazil to negotiate for Santos' Neymar - report

The Spanish powerhouse have reportedly begun procedures with a view of signing the young striker, for whom they are prepared to offer Ç45 million

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/05/2562381/real-madrid-in-brazil-to-negotiate-for-santos-neymar-report
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:59 pm

On Marca's site today:

It assumes that Gago, Pedro Leon, Drenthe, etc. are already out. I think either one of Lass or Granero will also leave. And one more big striker signing will come in, either Aguero or Neymar. Or Adebayor Laugh

Reminds me of one of Mourinho's quotes when he was at Chelsea: "I like to have a squad of 22 players plus 3 goalkeepers". Well, he has it now.

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Strength in depth is ridiculous. Who else could even finance such a squad? Don't want to know what Real's wage bill looks like.

Mourinho gets a lot of credit as a manager / coach, a lot of it deserved, but he always had the best or at least one of the very best squads in the league to work with. It's almost a crime not to win anything with such a squad.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Not just best, but largest. That's also a key factor because it allows rotation and cover for injuries. (of course, there's some overlap because there's no point having 35 players if only 15 of them are good).
Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
Supports : hairbands
Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm

awesome squad yet i bet Jose hardly rotates until the first teamers are beginning to flag in the spring.

IN OTHER NEWS: will real actually buy Neymar??!! 45M on a player almost certain to fall out with jose within a month and who will most likely be on the bench for most of the season.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Real Madrid & Jose Mourinho crossed the line last season - Barcelona's Andres Iniesta

The Spain international has expressed his dismay with the behaviour of the Portuguese tactician last season, but is hopeful that Cesc Fabregas will move to Camp Nou this summer

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/07/06/2562722/real-madrid-jose-mourinho-crossed-the-line-last-season
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:38 pm

What's Real's debt/finances like?
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 pm

Debt is somewhere between 550m euros to 750m euros, depending who you believe. But the revenue is the highest of any football club, so they won't have any issues with FFP or convincing banks to give them more debt if required. And should be able to cover what's probably an outrageous wage bill.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Benfica's Rui Costa praises 'excellent' sale of Fabio Coentrao to Real Madrid

The Portuguese's club hierarchy are more than happy with the money they have collected with the transfer

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/06/2563647/benficas-rui-costa-praises-excellent-sale-of-fabio-coentrao
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:56 pm

I thought the Spanish banks were in a total mess at the minute

Real's cashflow would need to be seriously good to persuade these banks to part with more cash on top of Ç700m of debt. Are Real a profitable club at the minute ? This sort of spending is almost as crazy as Barca's.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:57 pm

No worries. If they're close to bankruptcy again, the state will bail them out. Ale
COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 pm

After the EU bails the state out ?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Sure. And Germany paying for everything. Grr

Let's cut Europe in half, says I. A Northern and Southern union. The UK could join the United States, if they haven't already...
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 pm

COTR wrote:I thought the Spanish banks were in a total mess at the minute

Real's cashflow would need to be seriously good to persuade these banks to part with more cash on top of Ç700m of debt. Are Real a profitable club at the minute ? This sort of spending is almost as crazy as Barca's.

"Almost as crazy as Barša's"? Their spending has been on a ridiculous level for practically the last decade! Barša have only had the odd wasteful summer here and there (early in the decade, and then the past 2/3 years).

Apparently Madrid do make a small profit, but the validity of the accounting behind it is anyone's guess. And convincing banks is no problem. As I've said before, Real Madrid and Barcelona are social institutions. No bank will want to be the one that caused them to crash. If things get really bad, the city council will always be willing to help by rezoning land so that it triples in value just before Madrid decide to sell it Rolling Eyes

Same goes for any medium/large football club really. How do you think Valencia are still surviving. They got help from the city council too. And Barša reportedly did some "creative" land deals too when Laporta was in charge.
COTR

Post by COTR on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:13 pm

fcb wrote:
COTR wrote:I thought the Spanish banks were in a total mess at the minute

"Almost as crazy as Barša's"? Their spending has been on a ridiculous level for practically the last decade! Barša have only had the odd wasteful summer here and there (early in the decade, and then the past 2/3 years).

Apparently Madrid do make a small profit, but the validity of the accounting behind it is anyone's guess. And convincing banks is no problem. As I've said before, Real Madrid and Barcelona are social institutions. No bank will want to be the one that caused them to crash. If things get really bad, the city council will always be willing to help by rezoning land so that it triples in value just before Madrid decide to sell it Rolling Eyes

Same goes for any medium/large football club really. How do you think Valencia are still surviving. They got help from the city council too. And Barša reportedly did some "creative" land deals too when Laporta was in charge.

This can't be sustainable. At some point something will have to give. Looks like the fair play rules are arriving at the right time for you guys. Another few years of the current spending would give some scary looking balance sheets.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Sure. And Germany paying for everything. Grr

Let's cut Europe in half, says I. A Northern and Southern union. The UK could join the United States, if they haven't already...
cheers
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butrague˝o, Redondo, Ra˙l, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm

fcb wrote:On Marca's site today:

It assumes that Gago, Pedro Leon, Drenthe, etc. are already out. I think either one of Lass or Granero will also leave. And one more big striker signing will come in, either Aguero or Neymar. Or Adebayor Laugh

Reminds me of one of Mourinho's quotes when he was at Chelsea: "I like to have a squad of 22 players plus 3 goalkeepers". Well, he has it now.

BUT ONLY TWO CENTRE FORWARDS!!!! HOW WILL JOSE SURVIVE!!!!!!!! Crazy

Also, it will be Lass to leave. If Granero leaves we only have 3 homegrown players.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Three actually, one of them is just played out of position...

Lass is a relict of the early to mid 00s 'black athletic central midfielder' obsession. Although Jose still has that fetish he helped creating, I think that he's pragmatic enough to let him go.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Also, anyone else notice that Zidane is now officially the club's sporting director? I thought Mourinho didn't like that 'organisation' and that he was going to take on the english style role of manager-manager. Oh. Right. Actually he just didn't get on with Valdano. Ale

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Don't think that Zidane has a real say on anything. More of a club talisman and PR job.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Don't think that Zidane has a real say on anything. More of a club talisman and PR job.

Ale
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

I really thought that having Mourinho with more power for signings would at least lead to signings that made sense. While the summer started well by getting Sahin and Callejon, since then we got Altintop (mediocre + injured), Verane (Storch V.2 for 10 times the price?), Coentrao, and apparently the club is ready to slash 45 million Euros on Neymar Doh

No point in asking why getting Verane was necessary given that we have the best collection of CBs in the club's history already (Carvalho, Pepe, Albiol, Ramos, Garay), or why we got Coentrao when Di Maria and Marcelo had such great seasons. At first I thought Mourinho was considering changing the formation in order to accomodate all 3, but Coentrao's comments have indicated that he's there to compete with Marcelo. Not getting an RB will also mean that we have to put up with Ramos there for another year, since Mourinho doesn't have the cojones to put Arbeloa ahead of him.

Regarding the purchase of strikers, the only thing that would make sense would be getting Aguero by funding it with Benzema's sale. That would be fine by me even though Benzema was looking really good at the end of last season. But if Higuain is sold or Neymar is purchased instead of Aguero (or both), it would be yet another retarded transfer carrousel.

So far it looks as if insted of a coherent transfer policy, we have the accumulation of various compromises. Mourinho gets his facking runners (Callejon and Altintop) and another token Portuguese player from Mendez (Coentrao), Florentino gets his superstar that will give him wet dreams (Neymar or Kun), and Zidane gets his overpriced French player (Verane instead of Ribery this time).

To quote Johnny Cochran in that South Park episode: "It doesn't...make...sense"
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:25 pm

The Mendes point is an interesting one: apart from Mourinho, he now has 5 players at Madrid, all of whom are starters Suspect
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 pm

fcb wrote:The Mendes point is an interesting one: apart from Mourinho, he now has 5 players at Madrid, all of whom are starters Suspect

Seen some 'report' that in all, between Chelsea, Inter, and Real Madrid (under Mourinho regimes), there has been a total of 250m euro spent on Mendes players. Not sure if it is true but there is no doubt that agents are up to no good. Ale
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:37 pm

There's also the point of just how much money Mendes makes out of this. How much of Coentrao's 30m fee went to Benfica, and how much to Mendes Question

In general, I can see why agents are required in the game, and a lot of them are doing their job of getting the best they can for their players. But these so called "super-agents" like Mendes, Raiola (who's an utter, absolute, despicable c**t), Zahavi, etc. really annoy me. They definitely aren't good for the game.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:39 pm

fcb wrote:There's also the point of just how much money Mendes makes out of this. How much of Coentrao's 30m fee went to Benfica, and how much to Mendes Question

In general, I can see why agents are required in the game, and a lot of them are doing their job of getting the best they can for their players. But these so called "super-agents" like Mendes, Raiola (who's an utter, absolute, despicable c**t), Zahavi, etc. really annoy me. They definitely aren't good for the game.

Almost as bad as the super agents are the players' fathers or brothers who represent them. Especially the young kids. Their dads always think they are superstars before they are.

Supposedly Mendes gets a 15% cut on the transfers. It adds up...

fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:26 am

According to Marca today, Real Madrid have agreed personal details with Neymar. His wages? 5m euros a year lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

In contrast, Barca are reportedly going to pay Alexis 3m euros a year.
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 am

Oh FFS the overrated showpony of all players to sign. Fuck off Perez, leave Mourinho and Zizou to make the signings. Mata would've cost twice as much and is a far better player, Llorente would've actually filled a need, even Manolito would be better than Ç45m on Robinho II.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:10 am

How dare you call him Robinho II, he's nothing like Robinho(even though he fucking is). He is the best thing since sliced bread and according to some football expert he is not YET on Messi's level but is better the C.Ronaldo ( yes only Messi is better).

Anyway on a serious not I've seen about 6 or 5 games of Neymar and I really struggle to see any differences from Robinho, seems like he's skill/dribbling is better than Robinho but not enough to make him a much better player and he does cause a slightly better goal threat than Robinho but he misses fucking sitters at times.
Otherwise he's slim just like Robinho thus gets out muscled more often than not on the ball, Dives actually more the Robinho unnecessarily aswell, goes missing for long periods of the game just like Robinho.

Of course the Neymar brigade we now slaughter me but this is just what I PERSONNALY noticed when I watched him. Conviniently it will be the fact that if he signs for RM and nothing to do with him personally he might fail to make a impact in Europe according to them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:01 am