Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12

Post by fcb on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:41 pm

After the latest friendly, Mourinho was asked again about the squad size. He replied in English, saying the Spanish press would twist his words during translation. And then said "yes the squad is small, it only has 20 players, but that's because I want it that way" Laughing
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:24 pm

lol!

Mourinho is well and truly out of his mind.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Also no word on when Sahin will ever be able to play. FFS. This is what you get for signing Turks!
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:39 pm

We should get Gotze, Hummels, Howedes, Neueur. Then at least we will have enough people to register in CL.

If that is not feasible. We sell Bernabeu to Malaga & buy Bundesliga to distribute all the players equally. Then we will have the undisputed number 1 league in the world. And Bluenine's masterplan for Italy to recoup the UEFA coefficients will be quashed forever. cheers
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:00 am

According to Marca, Neymar will join Madrid in December after the Club World Cup. And Madrid's deal for Neymar will be made official next week cheers
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:15 pm

For obvious reasons kas, I will believe it when I see it.

Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 pm

This Neymar saga is incredibly annoying. I have to say I'm surprised Florentino would pull his pants down like that for this kid. With players like Zidane and Beckham they didn't have to think twice to come to the club so all Florentino had to do was throw the other team a bag of money. Apparently with this little prince a lot of persuasion is required, with Florentino even sending "el gordito" Ronaldo to try and convince him to come Doh
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Torrente wrote:This Neymar saga is incredibly annoying. I have to say I'm surprised Florentino would pull his pants down like that for this kid. With players like Zidane and Beckham they didn't have to think twice to come to the club so all Florentino had to do was throw the other team a bag of money. Apparently with this little prince a lot of persuasion is required, with Florentino even sending "el gordito" Ronaldo to try and convince him to come Doh
I don't think the problem is convincing Neymar to join the club but rather to join the club this summer. I haven't followed this transfer that much since I hope it won't go through but the real issue is the world club cup which South Americans find so prestigious and Neymar knows he won't get another chance any time soon or possibly ever. So I don't think you can compare the transfer in that sense to the other Galacticos. Either way I hope it doesn't go through since he would be a waste and a (talented)brat.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Woke up happy and all then my whole day got ruined:

Arsenal attacker Andrey Arshavin has made it clear that he would never go to Real Madrid as he's a fan of the club's arch rivals Barcelona.

The Russia international scored the winner in his side's 2-1 Champions League win over the Catalans last term and although Barcelona eventually beat the Gunners 4-3 on aggregate, Arshavin is not holding a grudge against the Spanish champions.

"As for Europe, there's only one club I would never go to and that's Real Madrid, because I'm a Barcelona fan," Arshavin said to Sport Express.

The 30-year-old was recently linked with a move away from Arsenal as Anzhi Makhachkala are reportedly interested in signing him, but Arshavin is only interested in joining Zenit St Petersburg if he decides to return to Russia.

"I've always said that I'm playing where I want - at a top European club. If I ever decide to come back to Russia, Zenit would be my first priority though."

Arshavin joined Arsenal from Zenit in January 2009 and has since made over 100 official appearances for the Premier League outfit.
Sad
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo

Post by TM on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Huh? Arshavin is pants.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:36 am

Jose

"I don't want anyone from the fundamental group to go and I don't want a new player to come. We have faith in each other. The squad is short, but we have some players from the Castilla who are more mature than before. I hope to reach the end of the season with this group.

cheers

Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:11 am

"The squad is short"

Ale
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Fade out wrote:"The squad is short of Adebayor"

Ale
cheers
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:16 am

I can't be upset with the approach to the second leg of the Supercopa. We genuinely went for it and that is pleasing to say the least. But again it is a full strength Madrid (basically) against a less than full strength Barcelona and we still have lost and that is the discouraging part. The defending above all from Pepe and Carvalho was scandalous. When you have the best player in the world on the other team and you give him that much room in the centre of the pitch it is suicide. Khedira again seems overwhelmed by Barcelona's pressing and although it was again better with Coentrao it is still basically two against four most of the time because Ozil completely goes missing. Ozil is a gifted player no doubt but he has yet to stamp his authority on a big game (the first half of the Copa del Rey final apart). And he does not seem to have the vision/ability to play the final through pass a la Guti. Maybe it's not all his fault because the runs our forwards are make are usually, well, inexistent. Fair play to Benzema who spent most of the game playing nice but inconsequential football. He got the goal we needed and that is one thing to be happy about. But the difference again is that in midfield they have Xavi and Iniesta where as we have Ozil and Khedira. And of course they have Messi and we have Ronaldo. The trio of cules mark the differences in these games whereas our players that should have the same responsibilities simply do not. Ronaldo with his stupid shirt collar will probably feel very pleased with himself having scored (accidentally) in the Camp Nou finally but he just does not stand out in these matches. Only a player like David Silva could maybe start to even things out. This is the team that Mourinho wanted though so he'll have to answer for it at the end of the season. For me the league is Barcelona's to lose. I think we can go far in the CL again and if we can avoid Barcelona then we have as good a chance as anyone. But head to head I don't see us beating Barcelona with the current team.

P.S. Marcelo is a c*nt. What a criminal tackle on Cesc. Completely unnecessary as the match was over and for what? Really disgraceful stuff.
DD

Number of posts : 10721
Supports : NEC

Post by DD on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:56 am

Jaimito el Crack wrote:I can't be upset with the approach to the second leg of the Supercopa. We genuinely went for it and that is pleasing to say the least. But again it is a full strength Madrid (basically) against a less than full strength Barcelona and we still have lost and that is the discouraging part. The defending above all from Pepe and Carvalho was scandalous. When you have the best player in the world on the other team and you give him that much room in the centre of the pitch it is suicide. Khedira again seems overwhelmed by Barcelona's pressing and although it was again better with Coentrao it is still basically two against four most of the time because Ozil completely goes missing. Ozil is a gifted player no doubt but he has yet to stamp his authority on a big game (the first half of the Copa del Rey final apart). And he does not seem to have the vision/ability to play the final through pass a la Guti. Maybe it's not all his fault because the runs our forwards are make are usually, well, inexistent. Fair play to Benzema who spent most of the game playing nice but inconsequential football. He got the goal we needed and that is one thing to be happy about. But the difference again is that in midfield they have Xavi and Iniesta where as we have Ozil and Khedira. And of course they have Messi and we have Ronaldo. The trio of cules mark the differences in these games whereas our players that should have the same responsibilities simply do not. Ronaldo with his stupid shirt collar will probably feel very pleased with himself having scored (accidentally) in the Camp Nou finally but he just does not stand out in these matches. Only a player like David Silva could maybe start to even things out. This is the team that Mourinho wanted though so he'll have to answer for it at the end of the season. For me the league is Barcelona's to lose. I think we can go far in the CL again and if we can avoid Barcelona then we have as good a chance as anyone. But head to head I don't see us beating Barcelona with the current team.

P.S. Marcelo is a c*nt. What a criminal tackle on Cesc. Completely unnecessary as the match was over and for what? Really disgraceful stuff.
Fair assessment.

Your team really needs to gel first. The defense needs to be better - that much is clear. In the middle you have Khedira, who never really convinced me, and Ozil who's talented, but not near as established or proven in the way Xavi or Iniesta are.
When you compare strikers, Benzema (and his form/confidence) isn't up to par - you need face the facts and upgrade here to someone who can handle the pressure.
Madrid's attacking lines are not close to comparably in sync as Barca's. And then you have Twinkle Toes, who's presence is disruptive to any team cohesion; Messi continually outshines him in a lot of factors that aren't regular stats: vision, teamwork, passing, composure, presence in squad/% games won, etc.

It's difficult to see them gel together as team - let alone to the degree that Barca does. Not to mention that for a Mourinho team even the defense is shocking at times.

This Madrid are just a bunch of individuals on the pitch. That's enough against most opponents but not against a well-oiled Barca.
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:14 am

Today was the best and worst of Mourinho.

The best: the gap between them and us was significantly less as we have a much better spirit against them. We don't fear them and we gave they all we had. Overall I'm very happy with this and I'd like Mou to stay long term. I don't think there are any better options out there and realistically, no one has beaten this Barça side so saying Mou isn't up to it is meaningless if no one else is. Not to mention that Mou has beaten them for two titles in two seasons.

The worst: Childish, thuggish, ungentlemanly play. The team spirit comes with a dark side and that is the violent reaction to losing that "us vs the world" creates. On the balance, I see progress though and give Mou a couple years of building and I think we'll have our winning cycle back. He will claim the Decima at some point, I have absolutely no doubt of that.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:19 am

Just seen the images of Mourinho and Vilanova. What a tit Mourinho. F*cking hell grow up.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 am

King Pipita wrote:Today was the best and worst of Mourinho.

The best: the gap between them and us was significantly less as we have a much better spirit against them. We don't fear them and we gave they all we had. Overall I'm very happy with this and I'd like Mou to stay long term. I don't think there are any better options out there and realistically, no one has beaten this Barça side so saying Mou isn't up to it is meaningless if no one else is. Not to mention that Mou has beaten them for two titles in two seasons.

The worst: Childish, thuggish, ungentlemanly play. The team spirit comes with a dark side and that is the violent reaction to losing that "us vs the world" creates. On the balance, I see progress though and give Mou a couple years of building and I think we'll have our winning cycle back. He will claim the Decima at some point, I have absolutely no doubt of that.

For me this is a false hope. Again, we've seen this is a Barcelona that is clearly several gears below full speed. Messi only was training a few days, Cesc has just arrived, Pique has struggled with injuries, as has Xavi, Puyol isn't even playing, etc etc etc. We, on the other hand, only have had Di Maria who is probably short of match fitness from our entire starting XI. And even at that we can only get 'close'. The lack of quality in midfield, for me, is still glaring. What to do with Ronaldo? I have no idea. What about the mental patients like Pepe? He is a liability every time he steps on the pitch but especially against Barcelona. Marcelo was exactly the same tonight. Of course Coentrao can play left back but then we are back to be especially sh!t in midfield. There are a lot of problems imo. I am happy to be proven wrong, however.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 am

to blame khedira alone for the first goal is utter nonsense

the first goal was coentraos fault too, messi was in full run, khedira had to turn arround

also khedira had some brilliant attacking runs/passes in the offensive, which could had ended in a goal

he was only benched because he was close to see a red card

the game in 2nd half was far more tactical, to say it looked better because of coentrao is far fetched, i think the first half was pretty equal, only the genius of messi made the difference
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 am

Just seen The Situation eye gouging the linesman.

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

The Situation is a bona fide lunatic.

For that, I bloody love him. The man is pure danger.

But by God it's never boring. Wherever Jose goes, there will be a Situation.

Fade out

Post by Fade out on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 am

You can't love him for that. He failed to control some lunatics in the team & invariably motivates such bad behavior. Sorry I am having none of it. Jose has been a disgrace. I'd love to have VDB back. PLEASE!
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm

We paid the price for not getting the victory in the first leg. Thought we played fine but if Ozil disappears to that extent than we will always struggle since we won't have anybody to provide a creative spark. I don't think he did anything productive the entire time he was on the pitch. Everything is on Ozil so he needs to step up in the big games otherwise we will have problems against good teams because we don't have too many alternatives in the squad. Mourinho should consider Sahin as the Am and then put Ozil in Di Maria's place. This way Ozil's workrate won't cost as much and Sahin will stay closer to midfield so we won't get overrun. Besides this move I don't think we have too many options in the big games.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:37 pm

i like the new tactics from real madrid

will be interesting to see how it works when barca is really fit

overall real should be proud of the 2 performances

i think this idea with sahin is not bad

---alonso-khedira

---------sahin

özil--------ronaldo

-----benzema

and with coentrao, dimaria you have really great super subs, with there work rate they can kill barca in the 2nd half

on özil, he turns 23 in october, he has to play against proven veterans in nou camp, dont expect too much from him, maybe in 3-4 years he rapes the shit out of barca everytime they met each other Very Happy

player types like özil peak later, i think messi is then already in decline, and ronaldo has lost his speed, he turned into average ^^
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Fade out wrote:You can't love him for that. He failed to control some lunatics in the team & invariably motivates such bad behavior. Sorry I am having none of it. Jose has been a disgrace. I'd love to have VDB back. PLEASE!

Sure, as your manager he sets an embarrassing precedent,

but as an outsider looking in, I've always got a box of popcorn ready whenever The Situation comes on the telly cos you know it's never a second wasted.

He is 100% off his fucking rocker. But he also looks so good in the process.

I love him. His relationship with Barcelona is so irretrievably poisoned that I can only imagine what would happen if he went on a walk about down Las Ramblas. It really is quite amazing the animosity he has helped create in an already volatile fixture. It's dangerous, but equally the reason why so many people are so utterly intrigued.

All that said, if there is one man who might just turn over Barcelona this season, I can see it being Mourinho and his Madrid team. Right now VDB would not save you. You're going to have to beat them psychologically, and Mourinho has that ability. Hasn't worked so far, but Barca are clearly an irritated animal when they play this Madrid team. It's as competitive as the fixture has been in years
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489

Post by Torrente on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Regarding both legs, I was very happy with the way the team played. I also don't see why this picture is being painted that we had every advantage over Barcelona coming into these matches when it came to preparation. The team had a pre-season in the US and China ffs! At least they got to play ManU! We only had one extra week of preparation as well, which does make a difference I admit, but not to the extent that is being written about. Somehow the conclusion seems to be that Real Madrid played as well as we possibly could have whereas Barcelona played as badly as possible and we still didn't win. I still fail to see the logic in this Erm

Also, while what Mourinho and Marcelo did was disgraceful, it annoys me that once again only Real Madrid is portrayed as the villains. Everybody has already forgotten that last match Busquets called Marcelo a monkey and that the entire stadium was doing monkey chants toward Marcelo throughout this match. I kind of understand if a player snaps after getting this abuse, even if Marcelo should have probably let his anger out at c**ts like Busquets or Alves rather than poor Cesc who had nothing to do with anything.

Also, not much was said after that idiot Tito (or as Mou called him "Pito" lol! ) Vilanova gave statements last year in which he chastised Mourinho in a press conference, with comments such as "Mourinho never talks about football", "There's nothing about the football of Mourinho's teams that is noteworthy", and "Mourinho wishes he had been a football player but he never was" Whistle

And let's not forget the monthly statements by c**ts like Xavi and Pique bad-mouthing our club, or Valdes going on tv saying that Real Madrid's CL titles don't really count because they were won when "tv was in black and white".

Or Pique's insults toward the Madrid players saying "you're not gonna win anything 'españolitos'" (which were confirmed by Casillas afterwards)

And let's not even get started on Rosel's comments bashing our club on a regular basis Doh

And while this is not likely to get much press coverage since it was a culerdo that did it, Ozil claims that Villa insulted him for being a Muslim, which is why they exchanged blows Doh Seeing how calm Ozil normally is, I would be inclined to believe that this is true. But somehow I doubt the world media will talk much about this.

Also, did they entire Barcelona bench have to enter the field after the Marcelo red card? These types of incidents happen in football all the time, and I don't remember seeing field invasions every time. It was a bad foul deserving of a red and that's it. Seeing Pinto involved again in all this was hilarious as well. This guy seems to have joined Barcelona thinking it was a fight club, not a football team (given that he rarely plays I guess it's understandable he would get confused)

So while Mourinho is a c**t himself, let's not kid ourselves. This "bad blood" between both clubs has as many people responsible on either side. Our club has to suffer weekly statements from Barcelona's players, coaching staff, directives, etc. and Mourinho is one of the few people who tells them to go fuck themselves. For one I am happy that we have somebody that defends our club and also goes on the attack, given that Florentino and Valdano never had the guts to do it.

I'm sick of the whole "señorio" and "club values" bullshit. While I'm not denying that Mourinho goes too far, I would rather have him do that than have nobody do anything at all.

And yes, I'm also glad that Casillas has finally stopped trying to make friends with Barcelona players and is not afraid to point out what they are - a bunch of play-acting shitheads. I'm glad he's not losing any sleep about the fact that Barcelona fans don't kiss his ass anymore and call him "a gentleman" and all that.

Looking forward to the new season Ale

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Moving Sahin further up the pitch is a bad idea. The very reason why he blossomed in Dortmund over the last few years was that Klopp moved him to the central midfield, I actually posted an article on this in the Bundesliga thread just recently. Sahin is a 'strategist' in the Xavi mould, the attacking midfield is not his best position. To get the best of him, he should play in the centre.

Furthermore, there seems to be a certain bias from some of you Madrid fans when it comes to the evaluation of player performances. Someone like Alonso hardly ever gets criticised, despite not exactly setting the world alight yesterday, to put it mildly, while Khedira seems to get stick all the time. Or Benzema and Özil for that matter, despite being your best players in the first leg (compare the goal.com ratings with the post match comments on here, for instance). I don't know if this is some anti-Mourinho backlash due to his neglect of homegrown / Spanish players, but it has been quite obvious to me for a while.

But it is true that Özil can't shoulder the creative burden on his own, especially not against the world's best team, the world's most consistent team and the best team off the ball. No player can, just like Xavi doesn't shoulder it all for Barca, or Iniesta or Messi - they do it together. Özil's most exceptional quality is his game intelligence and movement, he is a player who can read the game exceptionally well, create and exploit space. But he needs other players to understand him, to move into the areas where he can pass to etc. From the current Madrid side, the harshly criticised Benzema is actually the best in this regard.

Sahin will do Madrid good, just like Coentrao does them good on the LB position. He seems to be a more sane character than Marcelo, too. Mourinho is a huge c**t, always has been, but he knows what he is doing. And he will have learned a thing or two from these two matches. Madrid stopped the pussy football approach and proved that Barca is vulnerable and not invincible. The players were a lot more confident, the overly cautious approach a thing of the past. This will be a different season than the last, despite Barca still being the benchmark and team to beat.
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Di Maria again done very little. Overrated. Agree with Blut that Sahin is best deeper (he looks to be like a left footed Alonso, only more mobile and better ability on the ball) - you wouldn't play Alonso as an AM.

-------Casillas
Ramos---Pepe--Carval---Marelo
------Alonso----Sahin
Ronaldo----Ozil------Coentrao
----------Benz/Higs

would dominate against any side not called Barca.

Real played quite well against Barca and pushed them in many areas. It isn't a disgrace for the likes of Ozil, Alonso etc to come out 2nd best against Barca's MF as they are THAT good. Madrid played as well as anyone against Barca, but it is important to remember that Barca should not be used as the benchmark for a players quality as they can school pretty much anyone atm.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Moving Sahin further up the pitch is a bad idea. The very reason why he blossomed in Dortmund over the last few years was that Klopp moved him to the central midfield, I actually posted an article on this in the Bundesliga thread just recently. Sahin is a 'strategist' in the Xavi mould, the attacking midfield is not his best position. To get the best of him, he should play in the centre.

Furthermore, there seems to be a certain bias from some of you Madrid fans when it comes to the evaluation of player performances. Someone like Alonso hardly ever gets criticised, despite not exactly setting the world alight yesterday, to put it mildly, while Khedira seems to get stick all the time. Or Benzema and Özil for that matter, despite being your best players in the first leg (compare the goal.com ratings with the post match comments on here, for instance). I don't know if this is some anti-Mourinho backlash due to his neglect of homegrown / Spanish players, but it has been quite obvious to me for a while.

But it is true that Özil can't shoulder the creative burden on his own, especially not against the world's best team, the world's most consistent team and the best team off the ball. No player can, just like Xavi doesn't shoulder it all for Barca, or Iniesta or Messi - they do it together. Özil's most exceptional quality is his game intelligence and movement, he is a player who can read the game exceptionally well, create and exploit space. But he needs other players to understand him, to move into the areas where he can pass to etc. From the current Madrid side, the harshly criticised Benzema is actually the best in this regard.

Sahin will do Madrid good, just like Coentrao does them good on the LB position. He seems to be a more sane character than Marcelo, too. Mourinho is a huge c**t, always has been, but he knows what he is doing. And he will have learned a thing or two from these two matches. Madrid stopped the pussy football approach and proved that Barca is vulnerable and not invincible. The players were a lot more confident, the overly cautious approach a thing of the past. This will be a different season than the last, despite Barca still being the benchmark and team to beat.
Ozil has done this many times and if he is to be creative hub of the team then he needs to step significantly. It is not just in games against big teams but in general. The difference is that the Spanish league is so poor that we can live with him only showing up frequently but against big teams we need the creative touch he brings. Nobody has demanded that he plays like geni Alonso has been fairly stable for us and one of our most consistent performers. That is why he doesn't get critized like Ozil(although would hardly say he gets butchered or anything). Khedira certainly has his uses but he is less useful in a 4-2-3-1 against Barca than Coentrao or Pepe. Again he has hardly been picked on besides in some big games.

All of this is about realizing where the limitations are and when sacrifices need to be made. Sahin doesn't have to play in the same exact position as Ozil. He would naturally drift back towards midfield like Ozil drifts forward. The point isn't necessarily to get the best out of Sahin but to reach a good average level from everybody. Ozil costs us defensively because he gets tired and if he also has one of his games where he does so little then he is a big liability. However he might come up with the goods which is why I want him on the flank for these sorts of games. Also Benzema has gotten his praise since he raised his level after winter. The only one who has still been on him is Jaime.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:23 pm

believe me, you wont play sahin alongside alonso

there is no doubt that khedira will play in any clasico

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Kroos wrote:believe me, you wont play sahin alongside alonso

there is no doubt that khedira will play in any clasico

I wouldn't be so sure. I don't think Mourinho would ever use Sahin with Alonso alone but he might use Coentrao or Pepe in midfield. Pepe has been much better than Khedira in these games. He is quicker and a better passer plus he is more comfortable on the ball. Khedira simply doesn't fit as well for these games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:57 pm