Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12

Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12

Post by Cristiano on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Jaime's Avatar lol! lol! lol!

And yes blaming the ref is nonesense. His decisions didnt affect how the match went imo.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Jaime wrote:And I will also say that people who want to blame everything on Teixeira (like Roncero!) are off their heads. Ok, I have seen the replay of Sergio Ramos' disallowed goal a million times and I think it is legal. And there is no way that Ramos should have been sent off (glad the club is appealing the second yellow). Penalty on Abidal for handball? That was 50-50 at best. But there could have also been a penalty for Pepe on Alexis. And Lass almost surely should have been sent off right before the goal by Dani Alves. We also had several offside (at least two big decisions that I can remember) calls that went very much in our favour. The way we played in the first leg is why we did not advance, not the referees.

The refereeing was surprisingly very fair, though not the best in terms of quality. As you said, both teams got soft decisions go for them and both got soft decisions go against them. Pepe and Busquets will never change. It just seems to be in their nature to behave the way they do, but Alves (and to a lesser extent Ronaldo) seems to have become less of a c**t in recent classicos.

I thought Casillas was a bit unfortunate to receive his yellow. OK Lass should have been sent off, but half the Barcelona team circled the referee and then half the Real Madrid players ran over to get involved. He was unlucky to be the only one to get booked for that incident.
TITO

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:37 am

I think what he did was an act from a captain and he did it in purpose. He turned ref's attention from Lass to him, in order that he will be the one that should be booked and not Lass.
Cristiano

Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,

Post by Cristiano on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 am

TITO wrote:I think what he did was an act from a captain and he did it in purpose. He turned ref's attention from Lass to him, in order that he will be the one that should be booked and not Lass.

That's reading to much into it. The whole time he was separating Puyol and Pepe. And he somehow gets the yellow. Puyol shld have got one aswell for aggressively asking the ref for a yellow.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:10 am

Jaime wrote:And I will also say that people who want to blame everything on Teixeira (like Roncero!) are off their heads. Ok, I have seen the replay of Sergio Ramos' disallowed goal a million times and I think it is legal. And there is no way that Ramos should have been sent off (glad the club is appealing the second yellow). Penalty on Abidal for handball? That was 50-50 at best. But there could have also been a penalty for Pepe on Alexis. And Lass almost surely should have been sent off right before the goal by Dani Alves. We also had several offside (at least two big decisions that I can remember) calls that went very much in our favour. The way we played in the first leg is why we did not advance, not the referees.
Regarding Ramos - I think he got his second yellow on consistent fouling, he made awfully lot fouls after being booked, maybe referee had enough.

Really interesting theory with 4-2-4ish tactic against Barca, wondering if any other team will try it.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:46 pm

stinger wrote:
Regarding Ramos - I think he got his second yellow on consistent fouling, he made awfully lot fouls after being booked, maybe referee had enough.

Really interesting theory with 4-2-4ish tactic against Barca, wondering if any other team will try it.

He only committed 5 fouls for the entire match. Same number as Dani Alves, one more than Busquets. According to the official match report it was for an "elbow" to Busquets.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:14 am

CONVOCATORIA

Porteros: Casillas, Adán y Jesús
Defensas: Marcelo, Varane, Albiol, Pepe, Coentrão, Arbeloa y Carvalho
Centrocampistas: Lass, Xabi Alonso, Özil, Callejón, Granero, Kaká, Altintop y Sahin Crazy
Delanteros: Ronaldo, Higuaín y Benzema

Lesionados: Khedira y Di María
Sancionados: Sergio Ramos
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Jaime wrote:CONVOCATORIA

Porteros: Casillas, Adán y Jesús
Defensas: Marcelo, Varane, Albiol, Pepe, Coentrão, Arbeloa y Carvalho
Centrocampistas: Lass, Xabi Alonso, Özil, Callejón, Granero, Kaká, Altintop y Sahin Crazy
Delanteros: Ronaldo, Higuaín y Benzema

Lesionados: Khedira y Di María
Sancionados: Sergio Ramos

Madness from Jose Laughing

stinger

Post by stinger on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Jaime wrote:
stinger wrote:

He only committed 5 fouls for the entire match. Same number as Dani Alves, one more than Busquets. According to the official match report it was for an "elbow" to Busquets.
Yeah, but it was his 4th after getting booked (I think). Either way, it was a pointless card, referee could easily skip it.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 am

Rolling Eyes
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 am

Dear Jaime, everytime you post something in Spanish, do you mind to also post the translation in English?
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Jaime wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Hopefully we will see by next week.

stinger

Post by stinger on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Pras_tama wrote:Dear Jaime, everytime you post something in Spanish, do you mind to also post the translation in English?
Seconded.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:09 pm

stinger wrote:
Pras_tama wrote:Dear Jaime, everytime you post something in Spanish, do you mind to also post the translation in English?
Seconded.

Sorry guys I will try to remember.

It just says that Mourinho has supposedly been 'protecting' Sahin. He does not have a lot of confidence in his leg and his ability to hit the ball since coming back from his injury so Mourinho is not wanting to put him into the team until he has full fitness. They are saying he might be ready to make an appearance against either Levante or Racing.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 pm

It would be a welcome addition to the squad. We really need somebody to perform that role next to Alonso and also to replace Alonso because at some point he will get injuried and so far we have been very lucky. I don't quite trust Granero to do the job regularly because defensively he doesn't seem that suited for a Cm position. He might be able to learn with time though but it is natural for Sahin.

If Mourinho really doesn't intend to use Sahin he should have shipped out on loan. Man City got David Pizarro who would have been perfect because he has experience and all the qualities that we are looking for. And the most important thing is that he is very mobile which is Alonso's great disadvantage as MQUC(Poster:Mes Que Un Club) has pointed out.

Considering that some of the news stories made it seem like Mourinho couldn't get rid of Sahin fast enough, than perhaps there is something to this seeing as Sahin is still there. Or it could also be that Sahin didn't want to leave. Let's hope for the former rather than the latter.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:32 pm

There was rumour that Dortmund wanted him back on loan and Mourinho gave the green light but Sahin refused the move. I don't know really want to think. He's been back in full training since October! I know it was a pretty serious injury but that is four months ago already! And Mourinho doesn't even put him in the bench. It seems like 15 or 20 minutes against Zaragoza is the perfect opportunity to ease him back in.

But Super is right, Alonso has to get a rest sometime. I guess Lass-Granero would not be so bad especially in the next set of league games which is Getafe, Levante, Rayo, Racing. But if Alonso gets injured and cannot play in CL then we will be f*cked.

And I suppose we don't even know if Sahin can do everything that Alonso does for us but at least that is how he was hyped.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Jaime wrote:There was rumour that Dortmund wanted him back on loan and Mourinho gave the green light but Sahin refused the move. I don't know really want to think. He's been back in full training since October! I know it was a pretty serious injury but that is four months ago already! And Mourinho doesn't even put him in the bench. It seems like 15 or 20 minutes against Zaragoza is the perfect opportunity to ease him back in.

But Super is right, Alonso has to get a rest sometime. I guess Lass-Granero would not be so bad especially in the next set of league games which is Getafe, Levante, Rayo, Racing. But if Alonso gets injured and cannot play in CL then we will be f*cked.

And I suppose we don't even know if Sahin can do everything that Alonso does for us but at least that is how he was hyped.
Alonso is more precise but he is rather static so he adds a more dynamic element that can more easily venture up the field while Alonso's style leaves Lass ahead of him and Lass adds very little attacking except some pacy bursts from time to time. So he certainly isn't a like for like. Another advantage of Sahin is also that he is left footed so with him and Alonso the distribution would be better but also much more balanced and unpredictable. Witness the last Copa game with Granero-Alonso where most of the passing went to the right. If Sahin doesn't get any playing time in the next couple of games than we should just assume that all the rumors are true and that Mou just doesn't like him.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Super Progfather wrote:
Jaime wrote:There was rumour that Dortmund wanted him back on loan and Mourinho gave the green light but Sahin refused the move. I don't know really want to think. He's been back in full training since October! I know it was a pretty serious injury but that is four months ago already! And Mourinho doesn't even put him in the bench. It seems like 15 or 20 minutes against Zaragoza is the perfect opportunity to ease him back in.

Alonso is more precise but he is rather static so he adds a more dynamic element that can more easily venture up the field while Alonso's style leaves Lass ahead of him and Lass adds very little attacking except some pacy bursts from time to time. So he certainly isn't a like for like. Another advantage of Sahin is also that he is left footed so with him and Alonso the distribution would be better but also much more balanced and unpredictable. Witness the last Copa game with Granero-Alonso where most of the passing went to the right. If Sahin doesn't get any playing time in the next couple of games than we should just assume that all the rumors are true and that Mou just doesn't like him.

It's just so odd because didn't Sahin say that Mourinho called him directly to see if he wanted to come to Madrid? If he was a specific request for Mourinho then something has really gone sour in the relationship.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Jaime wrote:
Super Progfather wrote:

It's just so odd because didn't Sahin say that Mourinho called him directly to see if he wanted to come to Madrid? If he was a specific request for Mourinho then something has really gone sour in the relationship.
Yeah I want to blame this on Mourinho but I suspect that Sahin's attitude really just has been poor.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 pm

THE SUN Exclusive - Jose: I’ll manage Chelsea

JOSE MOURINHO is ready to make a spectacular return as Chelsea manager.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4105579/Jose-Mourinho-news-Mourinho-says-he-will-manage-Chelsea.html
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Crazy

Already before the clasico he was making all of the comments that his future is in England blah blah blah. I would not be surprised if he goes back but I would be surprised if it is Chelsea.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Who do you want as his successor?

In other news, Özil told Kicker Magazine that he intends to retire in Madrid. So even if Mourinho were to leave, a coach Özil has continued to praise btw. (as has Granero surprisingly), he will stay. The ENglish press speculates however that Mourinho could take Gonzalo Higuain with him to London.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Who else realistically could he manage? Spurs?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:59 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Who do you want as his successor?

In other news, Özil told Kicker Magazine that he intends to retire in Madrid. So even if Mourinho were to leave, a coach Özil has continued to praise btw. (as has Granero surprisingly), he will stay. The ENglish press speculates however that Mourinho could take Gonzalo Higuain with him to London.

We were commenting on this before. Several of the Madrid fans on here were talking about Ancelotti. And of course Rafa Benitez's name will always come up. I've never been a huge fan of either to be honest. For me I would go with Quique Sanchez Flores or Michael Laudrup.

I saw Ozil and Granero's comments about Mourinho. Haha of course Granero just started playing so of course he is going to say "Jose is sweet!" Ozil definitely owes Jose because Jose stuck by him during his worst 6 months of football in Madrid so that does not surprise me. But of course you were not hearing all of these comments when Jose was playing anti-football hoof it forward kick the other team after the first two clasicos of the season.

Romford Pele wrote:Who else realistically could he manage? Spurs?

I still think if Mancini can't hang on to win the title (which is a distinct possibility imo), then he will be out in the summer. Mourinho to City seems quite a lovely fit as he will have all the funds necessary to buy as many facking runners as he wants. Maybe he'll even take Khedira and Lass with him! cheers

Liverpool could well be in the market for a manager as could Arsenal next summer. I think there will be plenty of options for Jose.

Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Man City may be a possibility though sacking Mancini would be a bit premature.

Liverpool sacking King Kenny?! Virtually impossible.

Arsenal? That's not totally out of the question. That would require us to not finish top four. And if Mourinho is to come, the board would need a complete overhaul. He wouldn't be able to work with this self-sustaining model.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Man City may be a possibility though sacking Mancini would be a bit premature.

Liverpool sacking King Kenny?! Virtually impossible.

Arsenal? That's not totally out of the question. That would require us to not finish top four. And if Mourinho is to come, the board would need a complete overhaul. He wouldn't be able to work with this self-sustaining model.

It might be premature to sack Mancini but one FA Cup in three years given the amount of investment (not to mention the CL failure this year) might not be enough for the sheiks.

If Liverpool finish 7th you don't think they might consider other options?

Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Arsene is not going anywhere. Arsenal is very unlikely I think City is most likely.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Dalglish may get a reprieve since this his first full season since being back at the club, plus he's a legend so getting him to go would never be easy.

I take your point about Mancio though. The early CL exit may seal his fate unless the club win at least one trophy this season.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:29 pm

Cristiano wrote:Arsene is not going anywhere. Arsenal is very unlikely I think City is most likely.

Don't be so sure about that.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Who else realistically could he manage? Spurs?

Hopefully Liverpool.

Imagine if he won us the PL for the first time in 20 years.That would be a nice stroke for his ego indeed.

But maybe Arsenal as well because I guarantee Wenger will be gone by the start of next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:51 am