Serie A 2011-12

Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Re: Serie A 2011-12

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:04 pm

I think Milan play 5 of the remaining 8 at home and 1 in Milan (the derby). And we don't have a tough game apart from Inter.

Run-in:

Milan

Milan vs. Fiorentina
Chievo vs. Milan
Milan vs. Genoa
Milan vs. Bologna
Siena vs. Milan
Milan vs. Atalanta
Inter vs. Milan
Milan vs. Novara

Juventus

Juventus vs. Napoli
Palermo vs. Juventus
Juventus vs. Lazio
Cesena vs. Juventus
Juventus vs. Roma
Novara vs. Juventus
Juventus vs. Lecce
Cagliari vs. Juventus
Juventus vs. Atalanta

So, the schedule certainly favours us, but we shall see. The title race is still wide open.

Last edited by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pirlo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:06 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I didn't think we were that bad. Catania deserve credit. 1-1 was fair.

We can't win every single game. That was our toughest game for a few weeks.

The positive: Our players returning from injury got a chance to play this game, and work on some form. Boateng started looking better near the end. Aquilani had an okayish game.

Just don't understand what the thing with Aquilani is. Doesn';t offer moments of genius and vision, no defence splitting passes, doesn't score or create, in every way infinitely inferior to Pirlo and in no way an improvement, yet Allegri sells Pirlo and installs Aquilani as his midfield vision, baffling.

Same with El Shaarawy, just don't understand the hype.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:07 pm

No doubt about that but if Juve get a sniff of it than it will make a big difference that their hard games are at home.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Super Saviour wrote:No doubt about that but if Juve get a sniff of it than it will make a big difference that their hard games are at home.

Agreed...Juve could come back at any point.

@Pirlo The player we absolutely must offload and replace is Emanuelson. He blows hot and cold, but is overall mediocre.

SES is young, but I like him. His decision making needs improvement, but his technique and skill is very good. He needs to be more direct.

Aquilani was doing well until the injury. The thing with him is that he is a good player, who will never be great, but I don't mind him in the midfield. He keeps things ticking, and his passing is pretty good. Slow as shit though.

Last edited by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Looks like not taking the option on Aquilani was not a bad decision at all by Marotta.
Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Tarun wrote:Looks like not taking the option on Aquilani was not a bad decision at all by Marotta.

<Ale>

You got Pirlo, fantastic business all round. Another example of Milan's diabolical transfer policy. Means we got lumbered with expensive crap like Robinho as well.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Tarun wrote:Looks like not taking the option on Aquilani was not a bad decision at all by Marotta.

<Ale>

You got Pirlo, fantastic business all round. Another example of Milan's diabolical transfer policy. Means we got lumbered with expensive crap like Robinho as well.

Come on man...

I like Pirlo a lot, but he is 33 this year, and we won the Scudetto without him pretty much. Our squad is much better than in the dark years between 2007 and 2010.

I think Milan have had a great season, and the players have shown immense character. Obviously, several need to be offloaded, but I don't think offloading Pirlo was a mistake. We had squeezed everything from Pirlo and he was a peripheral figure in Allegri's team. Robinho is frustrating, but before his injury he was linking up really well with Ibra. He works hard, makes opposing teams lose their shape at the back, and is fairly aware of his surroundings--bar the goal. Laughing

The only things I envy Juve for are their stadium and Buffon.

By the way (got this from another forum):

Can't really blame the linesman though on this one. These kinds of calls are hard to take but to be expected from time to time.

Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:43 pm

I didn't think it was a goal, i still don't. Tough call to make, and i think the linesman did well in the situation.,

Regarding Robinho, i don't think his occasional play can overcome the amount of simple, easy chances he wastes. He's just not all there, the club should either redefine his role or offload. For all Ibrahimovic's talents, he forces a static play on the team, you accept that if you accept his brilliance in certain situations, but you also accept his faults. This team needs a more mobile attack if the midfield is going to be so dull and static, and we need a world class goalscorer.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Pirlo wrote:For all Ibrahimovic's talents, he forces a static play on the team, you accept that if you accept his brilliance in certain situations, but you also accept his faults.

<Ale> True that. He is a fantastic player, but the team needs to be built around him and all attacks need to go through him to get the best out of him. When he has a bad day, the team really suffers. Its something you have to live with, and as long as he delivers titles, I guess you shouldn't care.
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:For all Ibrahimovic's talents, he forces a static play on the team, you accept that if you accept his brilliance in certain situations, but you also accept his faults.

<Ale> True that. He is a fantastic player, but the team needs to be built around him and all attacks need to go through him to get the best out of him. When he has a bad day, the team really suffers. Its something you have to live with, and as long as he delivers titles, I guess you shouldn't care.

It's true in a campaign of 38 games, but in one off scenarios and europe the team has to adapt to the finality of situations, we don't have a secondary play or plan. I see him as a fantastic league player, but not a cup player.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Just don't understand what the thing with Aquilani is. Doesn';t offer moments of genius and vision, no defence splitting passes, doesn't score or create, in every way infinitely inferior to Pirlo and in no way an improvement, yet Allegri sells Pirlo and installs Aquilani as his midfield vision, baffling.

To be fair, Pirlo is almost reborn with the new challenge at Juve, that can happen. At Milan, he was over, and you wouldn't have gotten much out of him. Aquilani's injury issues make him a suspect purchase, but I suspect he wasn't the prime target for Milan. It was Fiorentina's stubborn (almost immature) stance on Montolivo which cost Milan (and Fiorentina). But from the looks of it, you guys will get Montolivo on a free this summer, and then letting Pirlo go should be worth it.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:05 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I think Milan play 5 of the remaining 8 at home and 1 in Milan (the derby). And we don't have a tough game apart from Inter.

Thanks for the respect, but at the moment we do not deserve it. Unless we wake up, your game against Chievo probably represents a tougher challenge.
Murray

Number of posts : 10197

Post by Murray on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 pm

looks like it was a goal. From Marcotti on twitter.

Tough for the linesman to get that right though
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Galliani and Allegri need to show a bit more empathy and intelligence.

While the incidient is further evidence for goal-line technology, you cannot criticise the assistant, even when watching the game i didn't think it was a goal, and the replays were not conclusive for a goal either.

I think the biggest factor in the game was the continuing wasting of chances from Robinho and Emanuelson, and we didn't play well. It was hardly a robbery, Catania had a very contentious goal disallowed as well, and their performance more than justified at least a draw,

Montella is making an excellent opportunity for himself after the bad decision to part by Roma, loved him as a player, hopefully he will be a great coach too.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Aquilani is much better than Nocireno and Emaulson.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah Galliani's reaction is pathetic. Muntari goal, okay,understandable, but this one? It was really tough to call.

Please...
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm with Forza and Bluey on Pirlo. He needed a new environment and he was never going to get that with Alegri who seems to prefer a more battling midfield. So I think it was the correct move for Milan and Pirlo although given how Aquilani has turned out Milan should have gone for somebody else but at the time it made sense given that Montolivo wasn't coming. Adding Montolivo+ creative Am and Milan would be well off in midfield.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Actually as far as i am concerned, aquilani has been good. Hasn't been incredible, but good.
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Actually as far as i am concerned, aquilani has been good. Hasn't been incredible, but good.

ok Seriously, we're acting as if the guy completely sucked throughout the season or something. Before he got injured he was very good.

He's got 1 goal and 9 assists in 16 starts. Of those 16 starts he played the full 90 mins 12 times.

For 5-6 million (I think the clause is around that amount), he's very good business. I don't see any other players of similar calibre being available for 6 MIL.

And I agree, Galliani complaining about the ref today is way off. In Muntari's case I was furious as well, but today's incident was too close to call. I don't have any complaints, nor am I upset with the team. Tough away game, after playing against the best team in the world midweek. Points will be dropped here and there, we can't win them all.

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:17 am

I don't think Aquilani has been bad but whenever I have seen him he has rarely shone though. Mostly 7's but never performances of the 8-10 caliber, at least in the matches I have watched. I think he has talent to be a very good midfielder and if not for those injuries perhaps he would have been among the best in his position. However Milan can rely on somebody this injury phrone, just like with Silva, who might not have the mental fortitude and especially if he is supposed to the metronome of the team. Generally I have liked Aquilani over Montolivo but the latter is the safe card to play.
Tarun

Post by Tarun on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 am

Surprised to see the way Allegri and Galliani are complaining about refereeing!!! And I thought that Conte and Marotta were the only 'class-less' guys who do this kinda stuff. But can't blame them either. When the heat is turned on and they see the 4 point cushion at risk one does get concerned. Just like someone else felt that all their hard work since the start of this season was at risk because of a string of such decisions.

But a notable difference is that while Milan was completely justified and within their rights to speak out after the game against Juventus, they have no reason to do so for the game against Catania. So probably Allegri and Galliani can go and stuff this hypocrisy up their's this time. And oh...how about media silence?? But that again must be less classy huh.
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 am

Super Saviour wrote:I don't think Aquilani has been bad but whenever I have seen him he has rarely shone though. Mostly 7's but never performances of the 8-10 caliber, at least in the matches I have watched. I think he has talent to be a very good midfielder and if not for those injuries perhaps he would have been among the best in his position. However Milan can rely on somebody this injury phrone, just like with Silva, who might not have the mental fortitude and especially if he is supposed to the metronome of the team. Generally I have liked Aquilani over Montolivo but the latter is the safe card to play.

This is what I think as well, mainly because Aquilani is too injury prone. But ever since their U-21 days, I always thought Aquilani had the higher ceiling of the two. With Montolivo you get a consistent performer who will never be out for half the season as Aquilani is, but the latter is capable of moments of genius than Montolivo isn't (I still remember that sick rabbona which lead to Totti's goal a few years against us).

All in all, my stance on the Montolivo-Aquilani issue was always this: Why not get them both? We can get Montolivo on a free and Aquilani for 6 MIL. It's not like we have any other players who can pass the ball in midfield anyway(apart from Seedorf).
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Red n' Black wrote:
Super Saviour wrote:I don't think Aquilani has been bad but whenever I have seen him he has rarely shone though. Mostly 7's but never performances of the 8-10 caliber, at least in the matches I have watched. I think he has talent to be a very good midfielder and if not for those injuries perhaps he would have been among the best in his position. However Milan can rely on somebody this injury phrone, just like with Silva, who might not have the mental fortitude and especially if he is supposed to the metronome of the team. Generally I have liked Aquilani over Montolivo but the latter is the safe card to play.

This is what I think as well, mainly because Aquilani is too injury prone. But ever since their U-21 days, I always thought Aquilani had the higher ceiling of the two. With Montolivo you get a consistent performer who will never be out for half the season as Aquilani is, but the latter is capable of moments of genius than Montolivo isn't (I still remember that sick rabbona which lead to Totti's goal a few years against us).

All in all, my stance on the Montolivo-Aquilani issue was always this: Why not get them both? We can get Montolivo on a free and Aquilani for 6 MIL. It's not like we have any other players who can pass the ball in midfield anyway(apart from Seedorf).

They are also quite different type... Montolivo's key strength is distribution, he is a wannabe Xavi. Aquilani is more like a wannabe Iniesta, if I stick with the Barca analogy. Montolivo can play much deeper, and he will help control the pace of the game, and hence a better replacement for Pirlo.

I guess Montolivo to Milan is almost a certainty, but if it were possible, I would love Inter to sign him.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:40 pm

bluenine wrote:

Strama mentioned that his line up will be a transitional team somewhere between Ranieri's team and what he wants his to be. I have a feeling it will be a 4-3-3:

Forlan - Milito - Zarate
Poli - Cambiasso - Stankovic
Chivu - Lucio - Samuel - Zanetti
Cesar

With Guarin and Livaja getting some minutes in the 2nd half...
For a new coach's first line up, how good a guess was that? Smile

Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 4 Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 18 Poli, 5 Stankovic, 19 Cambiasso; 28 Zarate, 22 Milito, 9 Forlan

Inter bench: 12 Castellazzi, 23 Ranocchia, 55 Nagatomo, 14 Guarin, 20 Obi, 7 Pazzini, 88 Livaja

We will probably still be shite, but at least I am excited about Inter games again...
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Milito!! 2-0

Inter are playing quite well, so far.... the typical new coach euphoria, I guess.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Great cross by Lucio, brilliant finish by Samuel. 3-0.

Not seen an Inter like this for a long, long time.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Tarun wrote:Surprised to see the way Allegri and Galliani are complaining about refereeing!!! And I thought that Conte and Marotta were the only 'class-less' guys who do this kinda stuff. But can't blame them either. When the heat is turned on and they see the 4 point cushion at risk one does get concerned. Just like someone else felt that all their hard work since the start of this season was at risk because of a string of such decisions.

But a notable difference is that while Milan was completely justified and within their rights to speak out after the game against Juventus, they have no reason to do so for the game against Catania. So probably Allegri and Galliani can go and stuff this hypocrisy up their's this time. And oh...how about media silence?? But that again must be less classy huh.

Unfortunately Galliani and Allegri were a bit silly last night. Totally undignified.

But I find the whole spectacle undignified, namely that of two clubs who have had their fingers in the pie, who have been convicted of sporting fraud in the past to complain. Admittedly, Juventus were the colossal cheaters, and their sporting fraud was a systematic conditioning of Serie A, where the audience were taken for a ride for years.

Of course, this is the only context in which to discuss what is going on this season at Milan and Juventus, this rage to end all rage. In the wake of Calciopoli (or Moggipoli depending on your perspective), I, in my less than infinite wisdom, blamed everyone and their dog for Milan's predicament, which was minor, and rightly so, compared to Juventus, who totally disgraced themselves. When I mention Juventus even to a casual fan of football, they snicker knowingly. When I mention Milan, they talk about our terminally corrupt president, Silvio Berlusconi. Rightly so, of course, because while Moggi screwed the football-loving public, Berlusconi, as many have said, including the Economist most memorably, screwed an entire country.

I have made peace with this because I now realize to flail and wail about conspiracies hatched by Inter and Telecom is as silly as Marotta and Galliani or Allegri and Conte screaming "ROBBED!" Let's face it, what they are really saying is not that the referees are incompetent (most probable), but that there is something nefarious going on again (least probable). This is now beyond sudditanza psicologica.

In the aftermath of one of the biggest sporting frauds in history, I spent a significant time during the summer of 2006 poring over the semi-coherent evidence of this Inter conspiracy, evidence that was often circulated in emails and forums. I am conversant with Italian, and it is good enough to understand telling symptoms of clinical paranoia, and these documents, while impressive in their sustained rage over four or five page diatribes, exhibited these very symptoms. It got to the point where Christian Vieri, a man who during the latter part of his career spent his time equally between doing his best impression of expensive lumber and dating showgirls, was suddenly the muffled, truth-telling voice of the oppressed. I am not saying what Milan but especially Juventus were saying was all false, but it was the most vulgar example of being unable to come to terms with public humiliation. Instead of contrition we got to see false indignation. It was operatic, sure, but ultimately it was pathetic.

What is critically and shamefully true for our clubs is that we had a duopoly over Italian football. If Juventus were the match-fixers, we were the TV- rights fixers (with a little bit of match-conditioning on the side Wink ). Indeed, to de-centralize TV rights in the late 90s was a staggering blow to Italian football, which stunted its growth, and left teams like Chievo and Parma in the lurch. The result is there for all to see: even now, with central contracts, Italian football is dismayingly behind in other commercial contexts, relying still on generous TV deals for bread and butter. This can't go on.

As time goes by, I have become less and less partisan simply because while I love Milan, and have done so since I was a child, I love Italian football too. Therefore, I want my Italian football to be genuinely democratized, and I want clubs to be able to have their own stadia as soon as possible. I also want the suits in Italian football--Galliani, Marotta, etc.--to stop behaving like myopic brats. I now care more about what the Catanias and the Cagliaris have to say, their pleas, their struggles, because they are reflective of the truly oppressed. This doesn't mean that Inter can do no wrong and haven't done any wrong, but I can only focus on the moral character of my club and the condition of Italian football as a whole.

It has been a good contest between Milan and Juventus this season. But you must admit, Conte started this whole bullshit this season, just like I admit when Milan and Berlusconi are wrong (they are wrong a lot btw). Yesterday's game against Catania was fair in my opinion. The most egregious and unfair decision this season has been Muntari's disallowed goal, and I was seething after that. Still am tbh.

But I am tired of the bias, the slant, the spreads in Tuttosport in which Marotta reclines, musing on how Juventus are being punished for the scandal etc. I have no time for it really. It sounds unbearably stupid. And things will get even stupider now that Berlusconi is our president again.

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Crazy game... Cesar just got sent off, Gila converting the penalty... 4-3, now Inter need to hold on for 10 minutes with a man down.... very unlikely, the way the game is going!
Tarun

Post by Tarun on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Couldn't disagree with you more on this. In fact I had a tough time understanding what you wrote...it's all over the place. You seem to hate so much and love so less about how things are in Serie A. Comments and complains are a part of any league and not only Serie A. Believe me, it does happen in other leagues too! And it is totally acceptable coz the guys are all human. It's absolutely fine to vent out. In fact it gives an edge to the competition. What I wrote about was not to do with complaining but about double standards and hypocrisy shown by Allegri and Galliani of late.

You also have based this entire diatribe on the interesting conclusion that it was only Juventus that was involved in the fraud and nobody else!!! Where did that one pop out from??? Don't we all know how things happened. It was only Juventus who got punished and the rest got away way to easily. Think of it...Berlu's own club and one should expect it to be clean! I don't even want to drag Inter in it at all...that's already a forgone conclusion. There is evidence lying around that can implicate other clubs too but nobody wants to look at it anymore. It's a known thing how the justice system works in Italy. The more acceptable reason is that now there is a tacit understanding amongst the movers and shakers to let bygones be bygones as dragging the skeletons out would be detrimental on the financial front because of the loss in reputation. And is not finances a big deal nowadays?

Like you love Milan, I love my Juventus too! The Juventus that played the 2003 CL final did not reach there because of refereeing favors. The 8 Juve players that were part of the National team to win the 2006 WC were true champions and if they played for any team I am sure it would not need help from referees. And the Juve team that is playing so well now does not need refereeing favors either. And I am a believer in the right to speak and complain if you feel something is not right. Do you think that the standard of refereeing in Serie A is really up there along with the other better leagues? If you think that Conte and Marotta are trying to raise the stink of another conspiracy then you have obviously misread it all. I bet they have bigger responsibilities on their shoulders right now than to be doing that. And think of it...what will anybody gain by raising that kinda stink. Some people's mind is over-working concocting this conspiracy stuff.

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
Tarun wrote:Surprised to see the way Allegri and Galliani are complaining about refereeing!!! And I thought that Conte and Marotta were the only 'class-less' guys who do this kinda stuff. But can't blame them either. When the heat is turned on and they see the 4 point cushion at risk one does get concerned. Just like someone else felt that all their hard work since the start of this season was at risk because of a string of such decisions.

Unfortunately Galliani and Allegri were a bit silly last night. Totally undignified.

But I find the whole spectacle undignified, namely that of two clubs who have had their fingers in the pie, who have been convicted of sporting fraud in the past to complain. Admittedly, Juventus were the colossal cheaters, and their sporting fraud was a systematic conditioning of Serie A, where the audience were taken for a ride for years.

Of course, this is the only context in which to discuss what is going on this season at Milan and Juventus, this rage to end all rage. In the wake of Calciopoli (or Moggipoli depending on your perspective), I, in my less than infinite wisdom, blamed everyone and their dog for Milan's predicament, which was minor, and rightly so, compared to Juventus, who totally disgraced themselves. When I mention Juventus even to a casual fan of football, they snicker knowingly. When I mention Milan, they talk about our terminally corrupt president, Silvio Berlusconi. Rightly so, of course, because while Moggi screwed the football-loving public, Berlusconi, as many have said, including the Economist most memorably, screwed an entire country.

I have made peace with this because I now realize to flail and wail about conspiracies hatched by Inter and Telecom is as silly as Marotta and Galliani or Allegri and Conte screaming "ROBBED!" Let's face it, what they are really saying is not that the referees are incompetent (most probable), but that there is something nefarious going on again (least probable). This is now beyond sudditanza psicologica.

In the aftermath of one of the biggest sporting frauds in history, I spent a significant time during the summer of 2006 poring over the semi-coherent evidence of this Inter conspiracy, evidence that was often circulated in emails and forums. I am conversant with Italian, and it is good enough to understand telling symptoms of clinical paranoia, and these documents, while impressive in their sustained rage over four or five page diatribes, exhibited these very symptoms. It got to the point where Christian Vieri, a man who during the latter part of his career spent his time equally between doing his best impression of expensive lumber and dating showgirls, was suddenly the muffled, truth-telling voice of the oppressed. I am not saying what Milan but especially Juventus were saying was all false, but it was the most vulgar example of being unable to come to terms with public humiliation. Instead of contrition we got to see false indignation. It was operatic, sure, but ultimately it was pathetic.

What is critically and shamefully true for our clubs is that we had a duopoly over Italian football. If Juventus were the match-fixers, we were the TV- rights fixers (with a little bit of match-conditioning on the side Wink ). Indeed, to de-centralize TV rights in the late 90s was a staggering blow to Italian football, which stunted its growth, and left teams like Chievo and Parma in the lurch. The result is there for all to see: even now, with central contracts, Italian football is dismayingly behind in other commercial contexts, relying still on generous TV deals for bread and butter. This can't go on.

As time goes by, I have become less and less partisan simply because while I love Milan, and have done so since I was a child, I love Italian football too. Therefore, I want my Italian football to be genuinely democratized, and I want clubs to be able to have their own stadia as soon as possible. I also want the suits in Italian football--Galliani, Marotta, etc.--to stop behaving like myopic brats. I now care more about what the Catanias and the Cagliaris have to say, their pleas, their struggles, because they are reflective of the truly oppressed. This doesn't mean that Inter can do no wrong and haven't done any wrong, but I can only focus on the moral character of my club and the condition of Italian football as a whole.

It has been a good contest between Milan and Juventus this season. But you must admit, Conte started this whole bullshit this season, just like I admit when Milan and Berlusconi are wrong (they are wrong a lot btw). Yesterday's game against Catania was fair in my opinion. The most egregious and unfair decision this season has been Muntari's disallowed goal, and I was seething after that. Still am tbh.

But I am tired of the bias, the slant, the spreads in Tuttosport in which Marotta reclines, musing on how Juventus are being punished for the scandal etc. I have no time for it really. It sounds unbearably stupid. And things will get even stupider now that Berlusconi is our president again.

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:43 pm

bluenine wrote:Crazy game... Cesar just got sent off, Gila converting the penalty... 4-3, now Inter need to hold on for 10 minutes with a man down.... very unlikely, the way the game is going!

Whoa, now Belluschi gets a red, Milito scores his hatrick with the penalty... 5-3. You can't write such a script even if you tried Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:56 pm