AC Milan 2011-12

Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Re: AC Milan 2011-12

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Nocerino and Aquilani...brilliant signings.

Nocerino with a hat-trick against Parma, and overall is indefatigable.

Aquilani makes our midfield much much more dynamic and reliable.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 pm

He's no Jordan Henderson.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Honestly, the acquiescence of Liverpool in offloading Aquilani was baffling. I don't know, maybe Liverpool fans can put me in my place, but I thought Aquilani showed promise at Liverpool.

Anyway, our gain...they can have Henderson and Adams Smile.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Does anyone know whether or not Ibrahimovic's biography will be in English also? Or is it only going to be in Swedish? Perhaps someone from Scandinavia can shed some light on this?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:09 pm

According to various sources (sky, gazzetta) a meeting is taking place between Tevez's reps and Milan.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:According to various sources (sky, gazzetta) a meeting is taking place between Tevez's reps and Milan.

If this happens, it could be disastrous for Inter. Milan would become too strong with Tevez & Ibra, even if this means getting rid of Robinho or Cassano.

I do not want Tevez at Inter, but if this is the only way to stop him from joining Milan, we must outbid Milan...
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:26 pm

meanwhile, Cassano is back to training
http://video.gazzetta.it/cassano-si-allena-milanello/84882716-16c6-11e1-ae1d-9b282296ec66
abundance

Post by abundance on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:31 pm

bluenine wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:According to various sources (sky, gazzetta) a meeting is taking place between Tevez's reps and Milan.

If this happens, it could be disastrous for Inter. Milan would become too strong with Tevez & Ibra, even if this means getting rid of Robinho or Cassano.

I do not want Tevez at Inter, but if this is the only way to stop him from joining Milan, we must outbid Milan...
I hear ya, the perspective is scary.
But what should we do?
Chasing Tevez makes perfect sense for them atm, and it makes almost no sense for us.

And I'd say that the only real way for us to get in the way of the cousins is getting back at doing only what makes perfect sense for us, like we used to some years ago.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:39 pm

I think if Tevez comes, Robinho won't go anywhere. He has been good for us, even if he couldn't find the goal if it fell on him.

I think Inzaghi is now gone, and we may loan El-Sharaawy. Pato may, just may, be sold if a high bid comes in.

Cassano is the unknown. If he regains health quickly, then it will be interesting to see how Allegri manages five top class forwards.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I think if Tevez comes, Robinho won't go anywhere. He has been good for us, even if he couldn't find the goal if it fell on him.

I think Inzaghi is now gone, and we may loan El-Sharaawy. Pato may, just may, be sold if a high bid comes in.

Cassano is the unknown. If he regains health quickly, then it will be interesting to see how Allegri manages five top class forwards.

Milan can't sell Pato unless he wants to leave... coz he could technically sue the hell outta Milan for sexual harassment Laughing
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:06 pm

abundance wrote:
bluenine wrote:

I hear ya, the perspective is scary.
But what should we do?
Chasing Tevez makes perfect sense for them atm, and it makes almost no sense for us.

And I'd say that the only real way for us to get in the way of the cousins is getting back at doing only what makes perfect sense for us, like we used to some years ago.

It is our obligation to enter into a bidding war in all their key transfer... make the waters a bit murky, increase the price a bit... Milan have been getting away with a lot of cheap deals lately.

Tevez may make sense for us if Mancio agrees to take his favourite Maicon in return Smile
abundance

Post by abundance on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I think if Tevez comes, Robinho won't go anywhere. He has been good for us, even if he couldn't find the goal if it fell on him.

For the second half of this season, the only thing you could infer from Tevez pursue is that they don't think that the Pharao is ready for prime time yet.
Inzaghi should still gain his coveted CL slot for his swan song, since the argie is cup-bound.

In general, anyway, I think that the big question mark on Cassano's future is being exploited by Milan to light a fire under Pato's ass and get an insurance for Ibra's bellyaches.
Otherwise they wouldn't have gone for such an high profile guy to cover Cassano's spot.

They can test Carlito's brain, fitness and motivation for six month, and if he settles in, that means that:
- the Duck will have to work his ass out to make up for his inconsistency, or they could cash in on him with the serenity of having a replacement already in-house;
- the GloryHunter could be set free to follow his ego trips of CL dreams and high profile transfers without pestering Milan's locker room with his frustrations.

And btw, given Tevez massive salary, if he stays next year the n1 suspect to leave is actually the big nosed primadonna.

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Cassano is the unknown. If he regains health quickly, then it will be interesting to see how Allegri manages five top class forwards.
Don't think it's much of an issue.
Cassano shouldn't be greenlighted by meds before April, at the very very best, and that would leave a dozen or so Serie A games, plus eventually some cup ties.
Milan will just have to be kind to the NT and let him play 4 or 5 of those, to regain match confidence for the Euros.

And next year, as I said, I don't think they'll all still be here together.

Last edited by abundance on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
abundance

Post by abundance on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:49 pm

bluenine wrote:It is our obligation to enter into a bidding war in all their key transfer... make the waters a bit murky, increase the price a bit... Milan have been getting away with a lot of cheap deals lately.

Tevez may make sense for us if Mancio agrees to take his favourite Maicon in return Smile

Oh well, if it's just for bugging them, I'm all in =D

But plz plz plz God don't make Moratti fall in the trap to think he'll have to beat Milan on that for real, we have at least half a dozen positions to cover urgently before toying with the idea of adding a pricey troublesome top class striker.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:23 pm

@abundance

Yes, if we decide to pay Tevez 8 million euros, then I can't see two players earn a total of ~34 million euros before tax (Ibra makes nine).

However, if we get rid of the following players, then we will also free up a lot of money (salaries are net):

Seedorf (3 million), Flamini (4.5 million), Inzaghi (800,000), Roma (500,000), Zambrotta (3.5), Ambrosini (3 million, but don't think he will leave) will free up a lot of funds as well.

All of these departures could save us 30 million euros in total that could be reinvested in key players within the extant squad.

I think T. Silva may be gone by 2013, as much as I hate to admit it. If he stays, then he will stay with a lucrative contract, so we will essentially need to pay Ibra, Tevez, and him the most. That may be sustainable only if the players that should go do go.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 pm

abundance wrote:
bluenine wrote:It is our obligation to enter into a bidding war in all their key transfer... make the waters a bit murky, increase the price a bit... Milan have been getting away with a lot of cheap deals lately.

Oh well, if it's just for bugging them, I'm all in =D

But plz plz plz God don't make Moratti fall in the trap to think he'll have to beat Milan on that for real, we have at least half a dozen positions to cover urgently before toying with the idea of adding a pricey troublesome top class striker.
Moratti cannot spend that kind of money, we just cannot afford Tevez's salary if we have to meet FFP... so I wouldn't be too worried about Tevez joining us - its not going to happen... I mean, we had to let Eto'o go coz we couldn't afford his salary... if we get Tevez now, we will look like complete idiots! (Tevez may be younger, but he is not as good as Eto'o)

We need top quality replacements for Samuel, Lucio, Stankovic, Cambiasso, and (this is hard to say) Zanetti... so I agree with you, Inter's priorities should be different.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:01 am

We have reportedly agreed terms with Tevez.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:01 am

Does that mean we're gonna lose Pato?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Reportedly Galliani has said, no that is not the case.

However, who knows? Inzaghi will be gone, and Cassano is an unknown right now. I think one of Robinho and Pato may well leave this summer.
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 pm

It would be daft to get rid of Pato & buy Tevez. I can't see Milan being that stupid.

Inter on the other hand....................

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 pm

The problem with Pato is he is always injured...
Murray

Number of posts : 10197

Post by Murray on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 pm

The problem with Tevez is that he's bonkers. Milan have enough nutters without him.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 am

I think Milan can handle him. We have dealt with difficult personalities before.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I think Milan can handle him. We have dealt with difficult personalities before.

Ibra, Robinho, Cassano, Van Bommel, Tevez... how endearing Wink

High risk strategy by Baldi, you risk an implosion!

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Don't take this the wrong way because I don't mean it to be confrontational. I just want to contextualize my previous post.

From what I have gathered, implosions are more likely to happen at Inter, largely because the club doesn't instill confidence and loyalty in the people it employs. I am talking about, amongst other things, Vieri's phone being tapped by various figures. I am also talking about Zaccheroni's gripes against your club (in Inter you don't get a sense that you're somewhere prestigious like at Milan--I'm paraphrasing his words, and I may not remember this correctly). Remember, Zaccheroni was sacked by both clubs, but he reserved his more intense ire for Inter.

There are several things wrong with Milan. For one, I think the owner is half the man Moratti is in terms of something approaching integrity. I also think Milan and Juve had a duopoly in many aspects of the game. If Juve with the referees, then Milan with TV rights and the media (though Inter did hugely benefit from a lopsided non-centralized bargaining system). I am under no illusions about my club and its flaws. There are numerous.

But one thing that Milan has is an impeccable organization. Paddy Agnew (solid journalist who has lived in Italy for over two decades) once wrote about how even the Milanello lawns are perfectly maintained, and how every player arrives for interviews right on time. And if the club says the player can't arrive, then he won't. There is no bullshit about how everyone acquits themselves. Indeed, many players, who have played in some of the best clubs in the world, always remark on how organized everything is at Milan, and how much of a sense of history looms over the club. This isn't just about having a bigger trophy cabinet--though, admittedly, that helps--but also a sense of what Emerson (remember him?!) described as clockwork.

We've had our ups and downs in many aspects, but one thing I am confident of is that Tevez would very quickly come to the realization that he is at a club who aren't nouveau riche like City, and that he can't behave like a moron. His attitude will fall into place accordingly.

Of course, if I am wrong, feel free to quote this post liberally in the future Very Happy.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
Of course, if I am wrong, feel free to quote this post liberally in the future Very Happy.

I hope I get the chance Smile

It was just a jibe, my friend. Most of what you say is indeed rings true. Inter are notoriously unorganised, indisciplined mavericks and always have been in the Moratti era (we don't call him Moronatti for nothing!). Our star players or "senators of the locker room" have consistently undermined coaches (Figo did a Tevez too), shown complete disregard to rules (Ronaldo always turned up like a week late for pre-season) and gotten away with it. Before Mancini brought some sense of order, we were not even a team, with factions which didn't get along with each other. If we had some of the ego's you already have in your team, Inter would have already imploded.

Milan with their organisation can make it work. However, collecting so many primadonna's is risky even for Milan... hey, even the Titanic sank! Razz
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Don't take this the wrong way because I don't mean it to be confrontational. I just want to contextualize my previous post.

From what I have gathered, implosions are more likely to happen at Inter, largely because the club doesn't instill confidence and loyalty in the people it employs. I am talking about, amongst other things, Vieri's phone being tapped by various figures. I am also talking about Zaccheroni's gripes against your club (in Inter you don't get a sense that you're somewhere prestigious like at Milan--I'm paraphrasing his words, and I may not remember this correctly). Remember, Zaccheroni was sacked by both clubs, but he reserved his more intense ire for Inter.

There are several things wrong with Milan. For one, I think the owner is half the man Moratti is in terms of something approaching integrity. I also think Milan and Juve had a duopoly in many aspects of the game. If Juve with the referees, then Milan with TV rights and the media (though Inter did hugely benefit from a lopsided non-centralized bargaining system). I am under no illusions about my club and its flaws. There are numerous.

But one thing that Milan has is an impeccable organization. Paddy Agnew (solid journalist who has lived in Italy for over two decades) once wrote about how even the Milanello lawns are perfectly maintained, and how every player arrives for interviews right on time. And if the club says the player can't arrive, then he won't. There is no bullshit about how everyone acquits themselves. Indeed, many players, who have played in some of the best clubs in the world, always remark on how organized everything is at Milan, and how much of a sense of history looms over the club. This isn't just about having a bigger trophy cabinet--though, admittedly, that helps--but also a sense of what Emerson (remember him?!) described as clockwork.

We've had our ups and downs in many aspects, but one thing I am confident of is that Tevez would very quickly come to the realization that he is at a club who aren't nouveau riche like City, and that he can't behave like a moron. His attitude will fall into place accordingly.

That is certainly the impression I have gotten as well. I remember Jon Dahl Tomasson giving more or less the same account of Milan.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am

Rumour said that we already got Montolivo for next season

Can anyone confirm this?
abundance

Post by abundance on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:24 pm

well since Montolivo said he wouldn't renew, he's been "assigned" to Milan every odd day and to Inter every even day.

BUT, this time the rumour comes from a Florence fan radio that has very good insider connections with the club, so it's probably the final word on that.
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=329362

They say it's a 5 years contract for 2.5m euro / year plus bonuses
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 pm

abundance wrote:well since Montolivo said he wouldn't renew, he's been "assigned" to Milan every odd day and to Inter every even day.

BUT, this time the rumour comes from a Florence fan radio that has very good insider connections with the club, so it's probably the final word on that.
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=329362

They say it's a 5 years contract for 2.5m euro / year plus bonuses
Damn, Inter should have tried harder for Monty, specially since we sold Motta.
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Supports : AC Milan
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:01 pm

He'd be a good signing as he can pass the ball and has good technique; which is something almost all of our midfielders lack.

Since Aquilani got injured we've been playing pathetic. So many workhorses, such little ability. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:56 pm