European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Share
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Alexis Sanchez however is. Seems like a good buy, fits right into the team.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Hmm...looked like a penalty for Porto to me. Barca lucky.

Edit: Yes, stone wall penalty, just saw the replay. Unlucky Porto.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.

...
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Abidal has had a fucking nightmare tonight. Should have been a penalty. Not the best way of negotiating the terms he wants on his contract renewal.

Been a very dull game, neither team playing well. The pitch is just terrible, I don't understand why UEFA must hold this game in Monaco every year - shit pitch, small capacity stadium.

Just hope Barša can hang on for 10 mins now, don't expect anything more out of the game entertainment-wise.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.

Who is? I've seen few goalkeepers that are as good as him at coming off their line and playing as a "sweeper keeper".
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 pm

lol!

Fabregas always having to endure the results of frustration of Barca's opposition.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Alves gets free after a good run and a great pass by Iniesta, but then puts in a dreadful cross Doh
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm

fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.

Who is? I've seen few goalkeepers that are as good as him at coming off their line and playing as a "sweeper keeper".

At least 5 top keepers are better than him. And his footballing side of things is totally overrated, as could be seen numerous times today.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:28 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.

Who is? I've seen few goalkeepers that are as good as him at coming off their line and playing as a "sweeper keeper".

At least 5 top keepers are better than him. And his footballing side of things is totally overrated, as could be seen numerous times today.

Again...name me these 5 top keepers that are better than him at playing as a sweeper keeper, not just shot stoppers?

Yes he's not Xavi with the ball at his feet, but he's not Carragher either. He is what he is - a good fit for Barša.


Last edited by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Rolando sent off after a second booking.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Rolando sent off for fouling Messi again.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:30 pm

fcb wrote:
Again...name me these 5 top keepers that are better than him at playing as a sweeper keeper, not just shot stoppers?

Yes he's not Xavi with the ball at his feet, but he's not Carragher either. He is what he is - a good fit for Barša.

Neuer is miles better in that regard. Even Casillas who isn't known for that part of his game is better. Then there are numerous keepers who offer a much better allround game. Being the sweeper for the team doesn't just mean that you come out of your box at the right time. You need to have the footballing abilities to actually make use of it, too.


Last edited by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Cesc scores! First competitive goal for Francesc. 2-0!
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Stunning goal - great chipped pass over the top from Messi, Cesc runs in from midfield, controls with his chest, then hits it on the volley. 3 games, 3 trophies Laughing
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 pm

"Madrid, cabrˇn, saluda al campeˇn" lol!
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Straight red for Guarin.

Latin hotheads *sigh*
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
fcb wrote:
Again...name me these 5 top keepers that are better than him at playing as a sweeper keeper, not just shot stoppers?

Yes he's not Xavi with the ball at his feet, but he's not Carragher either. He is what he is - a good fit for Barša.

Neuer is miles better in that regard. Even Casillas who isn't known for that part of his game is better. Then there are numerous keepers who offer a much better allround game. Being the sweeper for the team doesn't just mean that you come out of your box at the right time. You need to have the footballing abilities to actually make use of it, too.

Is Neuer really so much better that we should spend 30m euros on him?

Casillas "isn't known for that part of his game", yet you somehow know that he's better? Erm Have you ever seen him play that role? What if he's shit when he has to do it consistently with a high defensive line in front of him?

Who are the other 3? Don't just throw statements around without backing them up.

Guest
Guest

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.

Who is? I've seen few goalkeepers that are as good as him at coming off their line and playing as a "sweeper keeper".

At least 5 top keepers are better than him. And his footballing side of things is totally overrated, as could be seen numerous times today.


lol! lol! lol! :lol! at everything but especially the not good enough for barca bit


Guest
Guest

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Thiago would have scored that as well, just saying Very Happy
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Casillas showed in the matches against you guys latest, but in numerous matches for Spain before that, that there is zero reason to even consider Valdes in that regard. Madrid played with a relatively high line defence, too, not to mention Spain.

Actually, kas, I know at least three Bundesliga goalies who are better in that regard.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Messiah wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.

Who is? I've seen few goalkeepers that are as good as him at coming off their line and playing as a "sweeper keeper".

At least 5 top keepers are better than him. And his footballing side of things is totally overrated, as could be seen numerous times today.


lol! lol! lol! :lol! at everything but especially the not good enough for barca bit


You can laugh all you want. I'm telling it like it is. He was shit today in many ways, not just his footballing side. How he handled crosses into the box, for instance. Playing for Barca doesn't make you 'world class' automatically, you know.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:41 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Casillas showed in the matches against you guys latest, but in numerous matches for Spain before that, that there is zero reason to even consider Valdes in that regard. Madrid played with a relatively high line defence, too, not to mention Spain.

Actually, kas, I know at least three Bundesliga goalies who are better in that regard.

Name them then. I'd like to know whether they are really so much better than Valdes that they deserve 20-25m (at least) to be spent on them in transfer fees, money that can be focused on other areas of the team.

I don't care about who's the best all round keeper, there's obviously loads better than Valdes in many aspects of the game. I don't think you'll find any Barša fan trying to claim Valdes is among the top keepers in the world. I don't know where or how this "best footballing keeper in the world" thing started either. Especially considering how difficult it is to measure that kind of attribute for keepers.

But there are few, if any, that can play in Barša's system as well as he does, due to him being homegrown and knowing the system. I don't know what's your problem with what he does when he runs out - most of the time he does the right thing. He gets passed the ball back 20 times a match, and gets it out every time. His balls out to either fullback on the flank are usually decent as well, as decent as you get for such long range passes. Don't judge him on what was a very poor pitch tonight.

The other important thing is that he has improved a lot in the last few years, and is more reliable now. Sure he has occasional crazy moments (like all keepers, including the supposed God that is Neuer, with 2 high profile mistakes from him in the last few months alone) but it's greatly reduced from the past, and in most games he's pretty normal now. A matchwinner even.


Last edited by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Whatever, congrats Barcelona on the Supercup. Ale

Guest
Guest

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:43 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
Messiah wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Yeah yeah, "he saved us so often, he is so great etc. etc.", I stand by my view that I had for years: Valdes is not good enough for FC Barcelona.

Who is? I've seen few goalkeepers that are as good as him at coming off their line and playing as a "sweeper keeper".

At least 5 top keepers are better than him. And his footballing side of things is totally overrated, as could be seen numerous times today.


lol! lol! lol! :lol! at everything but especially the not good enough for barca bit


You can laugh all you want. I'm telling it like it is. He was shit today in many ways, not just his footballing side. How he handled crosses into the box, for instance. Playing for Barca doesn't make you 'world class' automatically, you know.

yea he was shit today, he was class yesterday, don't judge him on one game, or else bayern has just wasted 30 million on a keeper.

if he wasn't good enough for barca we won't have won all we have over the years, no manner how much possession we have(as i know thats always the fall back to criticize the pornstar
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Anyway, terrible game, but glad for the trophy Ale

Need to improve for the Villarreal game on Monday night.

Guest
Guest

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 pm

fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Casillas showed in the matches against you guys latest, but in numerous matches for Spain before that, that there is zero reason to even consider Valdes in that regard. Madrid played with a relatively high line defence, too, not to mention Spain.

Actually, kas, I know at least three Bundesliga goalies who are better in that regard.

Name them then. I'd like to know whether they are really so much better than Valdes that they deserve 20-25m (at least) to be spent on them in transfer fees, money that can be focused on other areas of the team.

I don't care about who's the best all round keeper, there's obviously loads better than Valdes in many aspects of the game. I don't think you'll find any Barša fan trying to claim Valdes is among the top keepers in the world. I don't know where or how this "best footballing keeper in the world" thing started either. Especially considering how difficult it is to measure that kind of attribute for keepers.

But there are few, if any, that can play in Barša's system as well as he does, due to him being homegrown and knowing the system. I don't know what's your problem with what he does when he runs out - most of the time he does the right thing. He gets passed the ball back 20 times a match, and gets it out every time. His balls out to either fullback on the flank are usually decent as well, as decent as you get for such long range passes. Don't judge him on what was a very poor pitch tonight.

The other important thing is that he has improved a lot in the last few years, and is more reliable now. Sure he has occasional crazy moments (like all keepers, including the supposed God that is Neuer, with 2 high profile mistakes from him in the last few months alone) but it's greatly reduced from the past, and in most games he's pretty normal now. A matchwinner even.

if he isn't then the best keepers in the world are such fucking good, they don't concede a single goal per season.

every well respected person in football and now come to the conclusion that VV is one of the world's best keepers over the past couple of years

Guest
Guest

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 pm

3 cups already for cesc, he must just want to burst, probably never knew things like this is possible Very Happy
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 pm

fcb wrote:
Name them then. I'd like to know whether they are really so much better than Valdes that they deserve 20-25m (at least) to be spent on them in transfer fees, money that can be focused on other areas of the team.

I don't care about who's the best all round keeper, there's obviously loads better than Valdes in many aspects of the game. I don't think you'll find any Barša fan trying to claim Valdes is among the top keepers in the world. I don't know where or how this "best footballing keeper in the world" thing started either. Especially considering how difficult it is to measure that kind of attribute for keepers.

But there are few, if any, that can play in Barša's system as well as he does, due to him being homegrown and knowing the system. I don't know what's your problem with what he does when he runs out - most of the time he does the right thing. He gets passed the ball back 20 times a match, and gets it out practically every time. His balls out to either fullback on the flank are usually decent as well, as decent as you get for such long range passes. Don't judge him on what was a very poor pitch tonight.

The other important thing is that he has improved a lot in the last few years, and is more reliable now. Sure he has occasional crazy moments (like all keepers, including the supposed God that is Neuer) but it's greatly reduced from the past, and in most games he's pretty normal now. A matchwinner even.

You seem to miss the point completely. A 'good footballing goal keeper' doesn't hoof the ball outside of the pitch every time an opposition player comes even near him. The slightest "pressure", if you can even call it that, by the Porto players today was enough for Valdes to lose possession. That's not what a good footballer, let alone sweeper keeper, does. And hence I believe that this side of his game that supposedly makes him so valuable for you guys is totally overrated. And having watched Barca a lot in recent times, it wasn't exactly the first time either.

I just don't get how you either can't or don't want to see that. It's so friggin obvious to me it hurts. Maybe we're used to a different standard of goal keeping then, although Spain actually do have a number of excellent keepers these days, and yes, better keepers than Valdes.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Messiah wrote:
if he isn't then the best keepers in the world are such fucking good, they don't concede a single goal per season.

every well respected person in football and now come to the conclusion that VV is one of the world's best keepers over the past couple of years

He doesn't concede often because your ball hoggers don't even allow the opposition to test him most of the time. How many clear cut chances do opposition teams create on average against Barca? It's your possession based defensive game that has given you the edge in recent times and made you the undisputed best team in the world.

Or to put it differently: In any other team, Valdes wouldn't even be considered as anything special.

Sponsored content

Re: European Super Cup - Barcelona vs. Porto

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:26 am