Iniesta is better than Zidane

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaņa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Xavi is easily better than Zidane imo,show me a video of Zidane controlling a game like Xavi were he makes over 80 passes.Doing some tricks and nice graceful ball control in a video of one of Zidanes games which only lasts 3 minutes because he didn't control the game doesn't count.

The fact is nearly all the other great AM's have easily outperformed him in terms of goals and assists per game ratio and CM's like Xavi control the game on a consistent basis in a way that Zidane is incapable of doing.

So how is Zidane the best? I agree with Messiah,Zidanes perceived stats in football is pure dogma,it's his grace and media hype because of a few big moments which have made him massively overrated.

Zidanes stats don't match up to the other greats so then show me just one game were he controlled a game as effective as Xavi,yes Xavi might not be as graceful or have as many tricks but he is much more effective.Show me one Zidane game were controlled a game like this(Xavi has played like this hundreds of times):

In my mind the most effective player is the best player and that's why I will ALWAYS rate Xavi ahead of Zidane.
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:31 pm

If we're looking at stats
APPS Goals Assists
Iniesta 462 46 63 (includes Spain)
Xavi 690 77 93 (includes Spain)

Stat's do not always show the true worth of a player

Rooney 443 199
Lampard 754 226
Gerrard 581 149

* Apps and goals do not include International games, just league stats.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaņa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:32 pm

And the Xavi vs Arsenal 2010 away leg has been took down,one of THE best midfield performances of all time.As is his masterclass vs Germany 2010.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:38 pm

let me also make it clear no one can tell me much about zidane i dont already know. i saw damn near all his games for juve,madrid and competitive games for france. one of my favourite players ever, has more class in one leg than most players. but this doesnt change the fact that i have watched so many games that he played in, and ask myself where is zidane what has he done. bar a few great moments of skill. and a few great games cant make me forget this.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy_LZcVMUAk

Mastering Spain.

Xavi and Iniestsa are great. Zidane is the master.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3pZRuMaacI

Vs Portugal golden generation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3pZRuMaacI

Vs Brasil
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:57 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjDKjXASPI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RC0DYfKXbY

vs Manchester united

Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TE_ULCFYL0&feature=relmfu

vs Deportivo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj3ZtIcL2uA&feature=channel&list=UL

vs Inter
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL90B02CEADA501C5C

Ale Ale
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 am

Honestly revisiting Zidane's compilations is second only to revisiting Laudrup compilations. Geniuses.
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:44 am

Can't really compare Xavi to Zidane, they are completely different players, but That one is so clear i wouldn't even do xavi the dishonor.
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:51 am

Fade out wrote:At least I've watched him play. Laughing I could confidently say that. Not a lame ass poster who relies on Moggi's catchphrase to justify his transfer purchase/move. I'd trust opinions of Bluey, Fey, Allez Les Rouges, and various other posters with abundant football knowledge and who have seen games, over one-trick ponies like you and Worms. Boring.

Wonderful source of Authority these gays are Rolling Eyes

You are 48, you really shouldn't be posting on a internet forum, throwing little insults with your keyboard as if they will affect anyone.

I have had so many Zidane debates on here, and always the default argument is his big game performance, if nothing else i like to throw iniesta in their because he puts that argument out the window and leave the zidane fanboys having to throw insults as their main point doesn't hold water when the big man iniesta.
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:01 am

Fade out wrote:You have to scrap the barrel a bit, Djorkaeff in WC. But other than that, Pires off the bench in Euros. And Vieira + Ribery for 2006 WC.

Willing to bet all put together wouldn't even come close to a Xavi or Iniesta that get to play with Iniesta or Xavi. And adding Silva, Cesc, Xabi. You have creative players of a very high quality that France did not have, to help Zidane.

Compelling logic again to say that I have to prove. It's like how Theologists say that the fact you could never prove there's no God proves its presence. Laughing

You're as fraudulent as Moggi Ale

firstly don't mention the 98 world cup, he was average at best.

Secondly i really need to put you on my ignore list, you are clearly too old and its affecting your memory

Ronaldo
R.Carlos
Figo
Raul
Henry
Vieira
Del Piero

i could go on.

stop making it so easy for me, and the last i checked he player for more teams than france, stop trying to limit the pool to suit your agenda
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:13 am

I remember when i first started to say Iniesta isn't far off Zidane a few years back, people acted as if i was a mad man, now a few years on, only the biggest of zidane fanboys and barca haters are unwilling to admit the discussion can be had.

I tell yah i really should change my name to the oracle

I have been on the right side of damn near every major football topic on here, since i have been a member, sometimes so far ahead i am laughed at, only to have the last laugh in the end.

The emergence of messi
The rather overratedness of kaka
The emergence of spain(told everyone they were going to do something great way back in 06 after the WC, because it was clear to me spain and argentina were the best teams at that year's world cup, spain went on to keep their manager and build, pekerman walked out)
The godliness of xavi when all he did was "pass it sideways"
Brazil 2010 team being overrated
Pep being a better tactical mind that Jose, after the inter game, everyone laughed, what has the record been since.

I could go on, Bojan and Gai really fucked me though, but i can't be right all the time.

I really need to change my name to the oracle

Iniesta is 28, he will play until he is 34, win a few more league titles and at least one more CL.

By the time he retires, their will be no discussion.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 am

messiah wrote:
Fade out wrote:You have to scrap the barrel a bit, Djorkaeff in WC. But other than that, Pires off the bench in Euros. And Vieira + Ribery for 2006 WC.

Willing to bet all put together wouldn't even come close to a Xavi or Iniesta that get to play with Iniesta or Xavi. And adding Silva, Cesc, Xabi. You have creative players of a very high quality that France did not have, to help Zidane.

Compelling logic again to say that I have to prove. It's like how Theologists say that the fact you could never prove there's no God proves its presence. Laughing

You're as fraudulent as Moggi Ale

firstly don't mention the 98 world cup, he was average at best.

Secondly i really need to put you on my ignore list, you are clearly too old and its affecting your memory

Ronaldo
R.Carlos
Figo
Raul
Henry
Vieira
Del Piero

i could go on.

stop making it so easy for me, and the last i checked he player for more teams than france, stop trying to limit the pool to suit your agenda
0 playmakers being listed. thanks for conceding defeat that zizoi never played with a all-round midfielder like Xavier-inoesta combo Laughing average by zz standards, but still fundamental to controlling games.seeing his cm performances, he looks to be a truly unique player, by shifting defense to attack with his transitionary play.must be annoying people because zz = Xavier + inoesta.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:24 am

Without messi, barca wud loiter in mid table. Fact. Without silva and fab, Spain lack creative spark, fact.' Give it to zidane' wins on its own.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:05 am

And fuck off with your ageism little man. No right to say who can or cannot post.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:07 am

As for your oracle predictions, you shud be ashamed of taking credit. Mundane.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:17 am

You blabber a lot for me to take seriously, one of your classic displays of knowledge was how baggio played together with Zz and excelled more. lol!

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 am

Fade out wrote:Without messi, barca wud loiter in mid table. Fact. Without silva and fab, Spain lack creative spark, fact.' Give it to zidane' wins on its own.

How do you expect us to take you seriously when you spout bollocks like that? It's not a fact it's a opinion and a stupid one at that.Just like your opinion that Cabaye is nearly as good as Xavi.

We(Spain) are basically us(Barcelona) but without Messi yet we are European and World champions and one of the best international teams of all time.That argument about Xavi and Iniesta doesn't hold up by the way,against Arsenal 2010 away in the CL Iniesta was injured so Xavi was playing with Keita and Xavi produced possibly the best and most dominant performance I have ever seen in the CL.

The full video of this performance which lasts 10 minutes has been take down but heres the highlights of his masterclass:

The fact is both Xavi and Iniesta have already surpassed Zidane achiement wise and are both easily more consistent week in week out than Zidane EVER was throughout his entire career.

Ignoring the customary dogma which goes along with any debate involving Zidane it's clear to see there is a argument to be had when comparing these 3 players but only arrogant close minded Zidane fanboys shoot you down when you get too close to the truth.I watched Serie A a lot and I used to rate Rui Costa more than Zidane when they both played in Serie A.

How can Zidane be in the top 5 best players ever when he compares so unfavorably to Ronaldinho who played in the same position?

Ronaldiho - App 662 Goals 257 Assists 139

Zidane - App 681 Goals 128 Assists ~ 100

Yet some people think Zidane was better? Double the amount of goals and a significant amount more assists in less games.

The Zidane effect. <Ale>

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 am

Fade out wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy_LZcVMUAk

Mastering Spain.

Xavi and Iniestsa are great. Zidane is the master.

Take away the highlights throughout the video,the long celebration at the end and clips of Ribery and you are left with 3 or 4 minutes of Zidane.Both Iniesta and especially Xavi run the game a lot more and hence their videos are a lot longer.

Zidane drifted in and out of most games,Xavi dictates nearly every game.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:44 am

Xavi broke Zidanes record yesterday:

Xavi has made the most successful passes (734) ever in Euro history tonight, overtaking Zinedine Zidane's 707 #euro2012 #fcblive [via opta]

Achieved it in 2 less games as well.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 am

Guest wrote:1) i have been saying he is the closet thing to zidane playing today for years
2) he is more consistent than zidane over the course of a season he like xavi is a 7/8 most games and a 9/10 in the others
3) how dear they say he doesn't perform in the big games, what other horse shit.
4) Zidane is the single most overrated players in the history of football IMO, still top 25-20, but not top 5-10 like some people would have you believe, he career is built on a very absolutely amazing moments, but has i said over the course of a season the likes of xavi and iniesta kicks is ass, but they also perform on the big stage as well.

the deification of zidane is truly embarrassing.

did he have more skill than iniesta? no. both men have absurd skills and grace in moving across the pitch.

was he more consistent than iniesta? NO. zidane was as capricious as footballer's come.

has he had more marquee moments than iniesta? yes, one. the CL final goal. iniesta's won a world cup final (in a much much MUCH more clutch scenario than zidane) but has yet to get that CL final goal. although his goal at the bridge was majestic and, again, much more clutch than zizou's final goal.

the argument for zidane isn't based on anything except a sort of accepted dogma that he is one of the greatest ever and surely no one can come close to him. which, sorry, is horseshit. zidane wasn't even the greatest player of his generation (that'd be fat ronaldo).

xavi a different type of player, but he is obviously superior, but I'd put zizou and then iniesta but he will be remember the better player if he continues to play like this

Ps how underrated is seedorf

<Ale>
TITO

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:06 pm

It's like Iniesta is Hansel, and Zidane is Zoolander.
Both great, both handsome, both talented, both incredibly good looking, but Zoolander have some more style over Hansel.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 pm

TITO wrote:It's like Iniesta is Hansel, and Zidane is Zoolander.
Both great, both handsome, both talented, both incredibly good looking, but Zoolander have some more style over Hansel.

Was Hansel more consistent and a better passer than Zoolander as well?
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Taking away Messi's g + a, Barca wud finish 6th last season. Lets not forget his inhuman stat in Cl level. His effect cud not be played down. Again fact that you have comprehension skill of Orangutan makes it difficult to engage with. I clearly said Cabaye is on level next to Pirlo, Xavi.

Everytime Barca fanboys bring BOTH Xavi and Iniesta to stack against Zizou shows weakness of their argument. Losers.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Super Balenced wrote:

0 proof to support that. Blanket statement galore.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Fade out wrote:
Super Balenced wrote:

0 proof to support that. Blanket statement galore.

Just like Titos statement then.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Zidane fans have to resort to ad hominem to defend Zidane against players like Xavi or Iniesta because the 'big game player/moment card' is neutralized when played against players who have just as many big moments and won more than Zidane.

So then it comes down to ability and here both Xavi and Iniesta are superior because they were MUCH more consistent than Zidane throughout their career,especially club career.Zidane and Iniesta are pretty close but Iniesta edges if for me because of conistentcy.

To any unbiased observer who can see past this bullshit dogma created by the media and Zidane fan boys Xavi wipes the floor with Zidane,not even a contest imo.He consistently dictates games twice as good as Zidane ever did,much better passer(Zidane couldn't produce the through balls and creative passes like Xavi does on a consistent basis,see yesterdays pass for Fabregas as an example).Zidanes graceful tricks like his roulette don't fool me,it doesn't mask the fact that Xavi is a more consistent and more effective player.

Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Xavi mugs likes of Diarra, Zz mugs likes of Xavi. Case closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:34 am