Iniesta is better than Zidane

Share
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:50 pm

But he will always be better than him

Just like to make this clear, when i say better i don't mean iniesta is one of the 10 best players ever, which is where people wrongly tend to mention Zidane.

Zidane is one of the 30 best players ever and considering their has been 1000's of players in history, he is one of the very best.

But if zidane is 25 iniesta is 24.
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 pm

bluenine wrote:
TM wrote:
Fey wrote:No he wasnt, I was in the stadium that day. And Zidane had better Winning Eleven 4 stats back then.

And Iniesta will never be rated higher then Zidane!

Ale
<Ale>

Ale
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 pm

If Iniesta is ranked 29, Zidane would be ranked 9th.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by fcb on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Fade out wrote:If Iniesta is ranked 29, Zidane would be ranked 9th.

Who are the 20 in between?
avatar
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Age : 25
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 pm

bluenine wrote:
TM wrote:
Fey wrote:No he wasnt, I was in the stadium that day. And Zidane had better Winning Eleven 4 stats back then.

And Iniesta will never be rated higher then Zidane!

Ale
<Ale>

Ale

Iniesta is criminally under-rated by the media and the casual person in England.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Dogma. <Ale>
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by fcb on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Iniesta's rating in the all-time greats is also affected by:

1. The fact that he's still playing and hence people don't look back fondly on his best moments like we do with all retired/dead/black and white highlights players.

2. He doesn't score goals or make crunching tackles. He's a player who does nothing in terms of objectivity and measurable achievements, but everything in terms of subjectivity.


The guy has won every single trophy possible - multiple times - and has played a key part in almost all of them. Got to be top 10/15 of all time for sure. But as I mentioned in #1 above, we'll only appreciate him more once he retires.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 pm

"Honestly Zidane is overrated and gets far too much praise.

How can a guy that reguarly gets called one of the greatest players ever, to some the greatest ever, who is a attacking midfielder/playmaker only have 128 goals in 681 games? Then I looked up his assists and found he only has around 100 in his career.

I admit he is a very skillful player and can be good to watch, but having good trickery doesn't always make you a good player. Go on youtube you'll find many people with good freestyle skills, doesn' that'd be great players. Most of zidane's tricks are just for show, he dances around in the midfield and entertains the crowd. But when it comes to fooball, it has little effect. Whereas somebody like Ronaldinho uses his tricks to have an actual effect on the game and trick his opposition.

I think through his trickery, the 2 goals in the 1998 wc final and the volley in the 2002 final he earned this legendary status. other than that he didnt do too much. the media, fifa and fans have mistakenly given him more praise than he deserves. I dont think he deserves to have 3 world player of the year awards, just one for 1998 for making the cl final and winning the world cup. in 2000 and 2003 it was his repuation than won it. france won euro and madrid won the league and there wasnt too much to choose from. they shouldve given it to raul and henry in those years.

also in the 2006 wc cannavaro shouldve won the golden ball, but zidanes reputation has won it for him again. fifa and the media have given him too much praise. he really didnt do much in 2006 wc, i know he did his usual dancing around in the midfield but it really didnt have much affect on the games. two of his goals were penalties and the other 1 was an easy counter attacking goal in he 90th minute because spain had all their men pushed up because they were a goal down. and he just made one assist from a free kick from a roberto carlos mistake saying that he single handedly carried for the wc final is bs. henry was the key player in for france, and they have many other great players that were more key, like two of the greatest DMs in makelele and viera, and two great wingers and ribery. same goes for 98, that france team was great all around, zidane was pretty absent until the final.

for madrid he didnt win that many trophies for them, how he is a madrid great idk. he didnt do anything in his last 3 years, they didnt win anyhing. i know ozil gets regularly compared to him, ozils goal scoring is similar, but ozil had 25 assists this season, that's amazing. zidane never had a season anywhere near that. real madrid only payed for him because he would be good for business because of this reputation built around him that he shouldnt have, he's good for selling merchandise and stuff. for football he didnt provide much, they started out well, but the first galaticos were pretty much a bit of a fail besides commercially. madrid already won 2 champions leagues in recent years before zidane came, so you cant say zidane made the difference besides in he cl final. juventus the same, their team had many great players in it like davids and del piero.

zidane is not one of the greatest of all time, and not the greatest of our generation. look at the past great attacking midfielders like cryuff, platini, maradona, ronaldinho and their goal scoring ratios. it was like a good strikers ratio. they also provided more assists than him. and the way people put him in the same category as pele, maradona, cryuff, beckenbaur, ronaldo luis is ridiculous. i know these players (apart from ronaldo) played in different eras so its hard to say how good theyd be now because fooball has changed so much, but they were the greatest in their generation. zidane should not be a part of this list. ive been watching fooball since 1998 and ronaldo luis is the greatest of this era, followed closely by henry or ronaldinho. messi and c ronaldo are now the best in a new generation. zidanes as good as deco or riquelme. no disrespect to deco or riquelme, theyre great players and skillful. but if they hadve scored 2 headers in a wc final and a really good volley in a cl final, they would get this god-like following that zidane gets but doesnt deserve. zidane just happened to be in the right place at the right time, then he got this invincible reputation. the media and fifa with their awards have made people believe that he's some sort of god of football, he really isnt.

seriously the guy is overrated, im not say he's not a great player, but he gets too much credit. he's done well in big matches and has good skills, but if you watched him regularly you'd see he doesn make that big of an impact. these days when people talk about football, they're like "if zidane was playing he would do this and that and destroy everybody", no really he wouldnt, he's not that special. zidane's been wrongfully tagged as one of the greats."

Basically I think he was style over substance,his grace and elegance trick people into thinking he was better than he really was,the media hype helps people idolize him etc I mean most kids/youths nowadays wouldn't know about players like Baggio,Platini,Rui Costa, etc but they all think Zidane is top 5 of all time which is ludicrous.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned is his passing which I don't think matches up well compared to some of the other all time greats.Maybe that's why his assist record is average.

Consistency - In Serie A Rui Costa and Del Piero outshone him or at least matched him but you will never learn about that in the media.

Top 15 - 20 player of all time at the most imo.No where near top 10.

I have nothing against him personly I just call it as I see it,for the record I think Pele is overrated as well it doesn't mean I don't think he was a brilliant player.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Zidane played with so many great strikers so there's no excuse for those statistics when he was an AM,I stand by my/other peoples view that his assist and goal record is extremely average for a player of his caliber.He's a classic case of style over substance,a record of 128 goals in 681 games and even less assists around the 100 mark is average,there's no getting away from that fact.

Lets comapre Ronaldinho who played in the same position as Zidane:

Ronaldiho - App 662 Goals 257 Assists 139

Zidane - App 681 Goals 128 Assists ~ 100

As you can see Ronaldinho has played less games but double the amount of goals and more assists,these guys played in the same position yet some people think Zidane was better Laughing

Am not sure how accurate this is but this website http://soccer-europe.com/Biographies/Zinedine_Zidane.html has his stats and his assists are listed as 92 in 723 games for club and country Laughing That figure might be wrong by 10 at the most but still it's pretty damning data whatever way you look at it.

His passing and vision pales in comparison with the other great playmakers,Zidane only really excelled at ball control and ball retention.But players like Ronaldiho,Rivaldo and Baggio where much more effective while still being as skillful.So he weren't as effective as the rest of the great playmakers yet he couldn't control a game like Xavi,so why is he the best midfielder ever confused

Here's another copy and paste job but pay attention to the parts in bold:

"Zidane never had any outstanding season throughout his career as a professional soccer player. If you check the list of great players they were judged on substance, so why is it that Zidane is always judge on style? It's because he dont have stats to proves his greatness. I think Cyrus make a great point. Zidane at Club level had the opportunities to compete with guys like Ronaldo in Italy and Ronaldinho in Spain for years but, all those guys over shadow him, except for few game that he plays better during world cup season. Take for example 98, he got a red card against Saudi Arabia & never show up until the quater finals. He never had a goal or assist until the final against Brazil but, that same yr he won footballer of the year. So my question is; scoring against Brazil is the new standard for being consider best in the world? Pele wasnt great becuz of his poetry, so as Diego or Ronaldo. These guys were individual their team look up to for deliverance and were the best on their teams. Zidane career average for goals is 7 and assist 5; what that record means is that he can be in the same discussion of Maicon or Roberto Carlos of Madrid. Messi alone scored more goals and assist in one season than what Zidane was capable of doing in his entire Madrid career"




This dogma that Zidane is one of the top 10 players in history is absurd and retarded.Top 20 if he's lucky.Some people even think he's the best after Maradona and Pele Razz

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm arguing that people severely overate Zidanes career and Talent.Just because he scored in the CL Final and WC final doesn't excuse his inconsistent career,his relatively poor passing and vision, and assists(compared to other great playmakers) etc

Just look at those statistic compared to Ronaldinhos they are extremely poor.

Iniesta scored in the WC Final and the winner in the CL SF yet gets nowhere near the same hype by the media,pundits and football fans in general.

I don't care about what he achieved anyway I'm saying he wasn't as talented as the likes of Baggio,Ronaldinho and Platini etc
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Ronaldinho played in a more advanced role than Zidane.

And what are stats for Iniesta/Xavi.

avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 pm

People keep changing goal-posts when it comes to Zidane. Pretty sure his G + A record is comparable to Iniesta, his clutch goals speaks for itself (okay, Iniesta's impressive but he plays with more creativie players than Zidane ever did for France!) and his passing stats is on par with Xavi/Pirlo (for Iniesta-type player).
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 pm

the argument for iniesta cannot be made using stats, it has to be made using facts, and it pretty easy actually all one has to do is use the zidane fans default argument when ever one suggest x player is better than zidane. lets use dinho in this example, the thing they would point to and keep repeating is zidanes performance in big games(WC,Euros.and the CL final goal). now in this department iniesta has zidane beat. so using the typical zidane defense iniesta is better. and that not including the FACT
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 pm

that iniesta is more consistent than zidane in a game to game basis, this is the case because iniesta is just as good as CM as he is a AM, so even when he doesn't provide the spark, he helps the team in other ways, he helps his team dictate a game. this cannot be denied. I rest iniesta's case
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Zidane's a player who offers moderate end product (like Xavi and Iniesta) AND he offers his team control of football matches by his ball retention, passing and control. Apparently Zidane had pass completion of 707, the second highest that Xavi just surpassed tonight. We will have teenage kids saying for a fact that Zidane didn't play consistently without having proper evidence and making blanket statements. But if you had opta and other sources, we'd know for a fact how influential Zidane really was. But now some prize clown will say Zidane was bad and how much great Ineista is.

Zidane was a monstrous player that he combined Xaviesque control to Iniesta's manipulative skill + clutch ability to inspire team on his own without having the support cast of Xaviniesta.

I will always respect players like Zidane and Pirlo than Iniesta and Xavi, who both play together (and play with loads of creative players for club and country)
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:46 pm

messiah wrote:that iniesta is more consistent than zidane in a game to game basis, this is the case because iniesta is just as good as CM as he is a AM

Compelling logic. Doh
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fey on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Super Balenced wrote:"Honestly Zidane is overrated and gets far too much praise.

How can a guy that reguarly gets called one of the greatest players ever, to some the greatest ever, who is a attacking midfielder/playmaker only have 128 goals in 681 games? Then I looked up his assists and found he only has around 100 in his career.

I admit he is a very skillful player and can be good to watch, but having good trickery doesn't always make you a good player. Go on youtube you'll find many people with good freestyle skills, doesn' that'd be great players. Most of zidane's tricks are just for show, he dances around in the midfield and entertains the crowd. But when it comes to fooball, it has little effect. Whereas somebody like Ronaldinho uses his tricks to have an actual effect on the game and trick his opposition.

I think through his trickery, the 2 goals in the 1998 wc final and the volley in the 2002 final he earned this legendary status. other than that he didnt do too much. the media, fifa and fans have mistakenly given him more praise than he deserves. I dont think he deserves to have 3 world player of the year awards, just one for 1998 for making the cl final and winning the world cup. in 2000 and 2003 it was his repuation than won it. france won euro and madrid won the league and there wasnt too much to choose from. they shouldve given it to raul and henry in those years.

also in the 2006 wc cannavaro shouldve won the golden ball, but zidanes reputation has won it for him again. fifa and the media have given him too much praise. he really didnt do much in 2006 wc, i know he did his usual dancing around in the midfield but it really didnt have much affect on the games. two of his goals were penalties and the other 1 was an easy counter attacking goal in he 90th minute because spain had all their men pushed up because they were a goal down. and he just made one assist from a free kick from a roberto carlos mistake saying that he single handedly carried for the wc final is bs. henry was the key player in for france, and they have many other great players that were more key, like two of the greatest DMs in makelele and viera, and two great wingers and ribery. same goes for 98, that france team was great all around, zidane was pretty absent until the final.

for madrid he didnt win that many trophies for them, how he is a madrid great idk. he didnt do anything in his last 3 years, they didnt win anyhing. i know ozil gets regularly compared to him, ozils goal scoring is similar, but ozil had 25 assists this season, that's amazing. zidane never had a season anywhere near that. real madrid only payed for him because he would be good for business because of this reputation built around him that he shouldnt have, he's good for selling merchandise and stuff. for football he didnt provide much, they started out well, but the first galaticos were pretty much a bit of a fail besides commercially. madrid already won 2 champions leagues in recent years before zidane came, so you cant say zidane made the difference besides in he cl final. juventus the same, their team had many great players in it like davids and del piero.

zidane is not one of the greatest of all time, and not the greatest of our generation. look at the past great attacking midfielders like cryuff, platini, maradona, ronaldinho and their goal scoring ratios. it was like a good strikers ratio. they also provided more assists than him. and the way people put him in the same category as pele, maradona, cryuff, beckenbaur, ronaldo luis is ridiculous. i know these players (apart from ronaldo) played in different eras so its hard to say how good theyd be now because fooball has changed so much, but they were the greatest in their generation. zidane should not be a part of this list. ive been watching fooball since 1998 and ronaldo luis is the greatest of this era, followed closely by henry or ronaldinho. messi and c ronaldo are now the best in a new generation. zidanes as good as deco or riquelme. no disrespect to deco or riquelme, theyre great players and skillful. but if they hadve scored 2 headers in a wc final and a really good volley in a cl final, they would get this god-like following that zidane gets but doesnt deserve. zidane just happened to be in the right place at the right time, then he got this invincible reputation. the media and fifa with their awards have made people believe that he's some sort of god of football, he really isnt.

seriously the guy is overrated, im not say he's not a great player, but he gets too much credit. he's done well in big matches and has good skills, but if you watched him regularly you'd see he doesn make that big of an impact. these days when people talk about football, they're like "if zidane was playing he would do this and that and destroy everybody", no really he wouldnt, he's not that special. zidane's been wrongfully tagged as one of the greats."

Basically I think
he was style over substance,his grace and elegance trick people into thinking he was better than he really was,the media hype helps people idolize him etc I mean most kids/youths nowadays wouldn't know about players like Baggio,Platini,Rui Costa, etc but they all think Zidane is top 5 of all time which is ludicrous.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned is his passing which I don't think matches up well compared to some of the other all time greats.Maybe that's why his assist record is average.

Consistency - In Serie A Rui Costa and Del Piero outshone him or at least matched him but you will never learn about that in the media.

Top 15 - 20 player of all time at the most imo.No where near top 10.

I have nothing against him personly I just call it as I see it,for the record I think Pele is overrated as well it doesn't mean I don't think he was a brilliant player.


lol! lol! lol!

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259955

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Ronaldinho isn't the only other great AM with better stats than Zidane,in fact nearly every other great AM has a better goal and assist record than him.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 pm

what will opta stats show us, that cabaye had a better game than modric.
I dont use stats this is not some american sport.
I have people like moggi saying what I have been saying for year. but lets say I cant prove it, can you prove he was as consistent game to game as iniesta. I think not, so we are only left with the game everyone can remember, and it that comparison iniesta win.
also zidane didnt have creative player to play with Laughing seems you are getting too old. your memory is fading

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Fey wrote:
Super Balenced wrote:"Honestly Zidane is overrated and gets far too much praise.

How can a guy that reguarly gets called one of the greatest players ever, to some the greatest ever, who is a attacking midfielder/playmaker only have 128 goals in 681 games? Then I looked up his assists and found he only has around 100 in his career.

I admit he is a very skillful player and can be good to watch, but having good trickery doesn't always make you a good player. Go on youtube you'll find many people with good freestyle skills, doesn' that'd be great players. Most of zidane's tricks are just for show, he dances around in the midfield and entertains the crowd. But when it comes to fooball, it has little effect. Whereas somebody like Ronaldinho uses his tricks to have an actual effect on the game and trick his opposition.

I think through his trickery, the 2 goals in the 1998 wc final and the volley in the 2002 final he earned this legendary status. other than that he didnt do too much. the media, fifa and fans have mistakenly given him more praise than he deserves. I dont think he deserves to have 3 world player of the year awards, just one for 1998 for making the cl final and winning the world cup. in 2000 and 2003 it was his repuation than won it. france won euro and madrid won the league and there wasnt too much to choose from. they shouldve given it to raul and henry in those years.

also in the 2006 wc cannavaro shouldve won the golden ball, but zidanes reputation has won it for him again. fifa and the media have given him too much praise. he really didnt do much in 2006 wc, i know he did his usual dancing around in the midfield but it really didnt have much affect on the games. two of his goals were penalties and the other 1 was an easy counter attacking goal in he 90th minute because spain had all their men pushed up because they were a goal down. and he just made one assist from a free kick from a roberto carlos mistake saying that he single handedly carried for the wc final is bs. henry was the key player in for france, and they have many other great players that were more key, like two of the greatest DMs in makelele and viera, and two great wingers and ribery. same goes for 98, that france team was great all around, zidane was pretty absent until the final.

for madrid he didnt win that many trophies for them, how he is a madrid great idk. he didnt do anything in his last 3 years, they didnt win anyhing. i know ozil gets regularly compared to him, ozils goal scoring is similar, but ozil had 25 assists this season, that's amazing. zidane never had a season anywhere near that. real madrid only payed for him because he would be good for business because of this reputation built around him that he shouldnt have, he's good for selling merchandise and stuff. for football he didnt provide much, they started out well, but the first galaticos were pretty much a bit of a fail besides commercially. madrid already won 2 champions leagues in recent years before zidane came, so you cant say zidane made the difference besides in he cl final. juventus the same, their team had many great players in it like davids and del piero.

zidane is not one of the greatest of all time, and not the greatest of our generation. look at the past great attacking midfielders like cryuff, platini, maradona, ronaldinho and their goal scoring ratios. it was like a good strikers ratio. they also provided more assists than him. and the way people put him in the same category as pele, maradona, cryuff, beckenbaur, ronaldo luis is ridiculous. i know these players (apart from ronaldo) played in different eras so its hard to say how good theyd be now because fooball has changed so much, but they were the greatest in their generation. zidane should not be a part of this list. ive been watching fooball since 1998 and ronaldo luis is the greatest of this era, followed closely by henry or ronaldinho. messi and c ronaldo are now the best in a new generation. zidanes as good as deco or riquelme. no disrespect to deco or riquelme, theyre great players and skillful. but if they hadve scored 2 headers in a wc final and a really good volley in a cl final, they would get this god-like following that zidane gets but doesnt deserve. zidane just happened to be in the right place at the right time, then he got this invincible reputation. the media and fifa with their awards have made people believe that he's some sort of god of football, he really isnt.

seriously the guy is overrated, im not say he's not a great player, but he gets too much credit. he's done well in big matches and has good skills, but if you watched him regularly you'd see he doesn make that big of an impact. these days when people talk about football, they're like "if zidane was playing he would do this and that and destroy everybody", no really he wouldnt, he's not that special. zidane's been wrongfully tagged as one of the greats."

Basically I think
he was style over substance,his grace and elegance trick people into thinking he was better than he really was,the media hype helps people idolize him etc I mean most kids/youths nowadays wouldn't know about players like Baggio,Platini,Rui Costa, etc but they all think Zidane is top 5 of all time which is ludicrous.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned is his passing which I don't think matches up well compared to some of the other all time greats.Maybe that's why his assist record is average.

Consistency - In Serie A Rui Costa and Del Piero outshone him or at least matched him but you will never learn about that in the media.

Top 15 - 20 player of all time at the most imo.No where near top 10.

I have nothing against him personly I just call it as I see it,for the record I think Pele is overrated as well it doesn't mean I don't think he was a brilliant player.


lol! lol! lol!

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259955

I have already posted this on this forum before and I stated then that I copy and pasted part of it,I assumed people here would have a memory that was good enough to remember a few months back.
avatar
Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
Supports : Italy, Spain
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Balls Grayson on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Fey wrote:
Super Balenced wrote:"Honestly Zidane is overrated and gets far too much praise.

How can a guy that reguarly gets called one of the greatest players ever, to some the greatest ever, who is a attacking midfielder/playmaker only have 128 goals in 681 games? Then I looked up his assists and found he only has around 100 in his career.

I admit he is a very skillful player and can be good to watch, but having good trickery doesn't always make you a good player. Go on youtube you'll find many people with good freestyle skills, doesn' that'd be great players. Most of zidane's tricks are just for show, he dances around in the midfield and entertains the crowd. But when it comes to fooball, it has little effect. Whereas somebody like Ronaldinho uses his tricks to have an actual effect on the game and trick his opposition.

I think through his trickery, the 2 goals in the 1998 wc final and the volley in the 2002 final he earned this legendary status. other than that he didnt do too much. the media, fifa and fans have mistakenly given him more praise than he deserves. I dont think he deserves to have 3 world player of the year awards, just one for 1998 for making the cl final and winning the world cup. in 2000 and 2003 it was his repuation than won it. france won euro and madrid won the league and there wasnt too much to choose from. they shouldve given it to raul and henry in those years.

also in the 2006 wc cannavaro shouldve won the golden ball, but zidanes reputation has won it for him again. fifa and the media have given him too much praise. he really didnt do much in 2006 wc, i know he did his usual dancing around in the midfield but it really didnt have much affect on the games. two of his goals were penalties and the other 1 was an easy counter attacking goal in he 90th minute because spain had all their men pushed up because they were a goal down. and he just made one assist from a free kick from a roberto carlos mistake saying that he single handedly carried for the wc final is bs. henry was the key player in for france, and they have many other great players that were more key, like two of the greatest DMs in makelele and viera, and two great wingers and ribery. same goes for 98, that france team was great all around, zidane was pretty absent until the final.

for madrid he didnt win that many trophies for them, how he is a madrid great idk. he didnt do anything in his last 3 years, they didnt win anyhing. i know ozil gets regularly compared to him, ozils goal scoring is similar, but ozil had 25 assists this season, that's amazing. zidane never had a season anywhere near that. real madrid only payed for him because he would be good for business because of this reputation built around him that he shouldnt have, he's good for selling merchandise and stuff. for football he didnt provide much, they started out well, but the first galaticos were pretty much a bit of a fail besides commercially. madrid already won 2 champions leagues in recent years before zidane came, so you cant say zidane made the difference besides in he cl final. juventus the same, their team had many great players in it like davids and del piero.

zidane is not one of the greatest of all time, and not the greatest of our generation. look at the past great attacking midfielders like cryuff, platini, maradona, ronaldinho and their goal scoring ratios. it was like a good strikers ratio. they also provided more assists than him. and the way people put him in the same category as pele, maradona, cryuff, beckenbaur, ronaldo luis is ridiculous. i know these players (apart from ronaldo) played in different eras so its hard to say how good theyd be now because fooball has changed so much, but they were the greatest in their generation. zidane should not be a part of this list. ive been watching fooball since 1998 and ronaldo luis is the greatest of this era, followed closely by henry or ronaldinho. messi and c ronaldo are now the best in a new generation. zidanes as good as deco or riquelme. no disrespect to deco or riquelme, theyre great players and skillful. but if they hadve scored 2 headers in a wc final and a really good volley in a cl final, they would get this god-like following that zidane gets but doesnt deserve. zidane just happened to be in the right place at the right time, then he got this invincible reputation. the media and fifa with their awards have made people believe that he's some sort of god of football, he really isnt.

seriously the guy is overrated, im not say he's not a great player, but he gets too much credit. he's done well in big matches and has good skills, but if you watched him regularly you'd see he doesn make that big of an impact. these days when people talk about football, they're like "if zidane was playing he would do this and that and destroy everybody", no really he wouldnt, he's not that special. zidane's been wrongfully tagged as one of the greats."

Basically I think
he was style over substance,his grace and elegance trick people into thinking he was better than he really was,the media hype helps people idolize him etc I mean most kids/youths nowadays wouldn't know about players like Baggio,Platini,Rui Costa, etc but they all think Zidane is top 5 of all time which is ludicrous.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned is his passing which I don't think matches up well compared to some of the other all time greats.Maybe that's why his assist record is average.

Consistency - In Serie A Rui Costa and Del Piero outshone him or at least matched him but you will never learn about that in the media.

Top 15 - 20 player of all time at the most imo.No where near top 10.

I have nothing against him personly I just call it as I see it,for the record I think Pele is overrated as well it doesn't mean I don't think he was a brilliant player.


lol! lol! lol!

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259955

not zonalmarking this time #progress
avatar
Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
Supports : Italy, Spain
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Balls Grayson on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Super Balenced wrote:I'm arguing that people severely overate Zidanes career and Talent.Just because he scored in the CL Final and WC final doesn't excuse his inconsistent career,his relatively poor passing and vision, and assists(compared to other great playmakers) etc

Just look at those statistic compared to Ronaldinhos they are extremely poor.

Iniesta scored in the WC Final and the winner in the CL SF yet gets nowhere near the same hype by the media,pundits and football fans in general.

I don't care about what he achieved anyway I'm saying he wasn't as talented as the likes of Baggio,Ronaldinho and Platini etc

have you read this?

http://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t543-zidane-was-not-that-great
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 pm

You have to scrap the barrel a bit, Djorkaeff in WC. But other than that, Pires off the bench in Euros. And Vieira + Ribery for 2006 WC.

Willing to bet all put together wouldn't even come close to a Xavi or Iniesta that get to play with Iniesta or Xavi. And adding Silva, Cesc, Xabi. You have creative players of a very high quality that France did not have, to help Zidane.

Compelling logic again to say that I have to prove. It's like how Theologists say that the fact you could never prove there's no God proves its presence. Laughing

You're as fraudulent as Moggi Ale
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Fade out wrote:
messiah wrote:that iniesta is more consistent than zidane in a game to game basis, this is the case because iniesta is just as good as CM as he is a AM

Compelling logic. Doh
nice selective qouting you ass, let me breaking down for you old man. when a AM has the capability to switch between the two roles it is a lot more difficult to lessen his impact on a game, as when an AM fails to provide the spark, its like his team is playing with 10 men.
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Zidane's positional play obscured between a CM and a LWM and a AM. He's an enigmatic player. Bet you haven't even watched him play for a sustained period. And to go with your Barca bias, you consume opinions off flawed posts from other forums. Kinda like Worms.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 pm

or are we now saying iniesta doesnt play the CM wonderfully well or are we saying zidane could do this as well or better than him as well.Laughing
avatar
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Age : 25
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Super Balenced wrote:
ive been watching fooball since 1998

Suspect I thought you went to the Copa America in 1995?
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 pm

as oppose to the great fade out and is neutrality in all things france,madrid and zidane. ass
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Fade out on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 pm

At least I've watched him play. Laughing I could confidently say that. Not a lame ass poster who relies on Moggi's catchphrase to justify his transfer purchase/move. I'd trust opinions of Bluey, Fey, Allez Les Rouges, and various other posters with abundant football knowledge and who have seen games, over one-trick ponies like you and Worms. Boring.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
Super Balenced wrote:
ive been watching fooball since 1998

Suspect I thought you went to the Copa America in 1995?

That part was copied from here:

http://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t543-zidane-was-not-that-great

Sponsored content

Re: Iniesta is better than Zidane

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 am