debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by debaser on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:54 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
debaser wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:It's not just the perfect qualification record, that's nice, but nothing more. It's HOW we qualified and have played for months now. Of course all that won't matter next year once the tournament starts, but one thing is for sure: we have been improving and closing the gap, which wasn't that big even last time we played Spain.

But Spain are just one of many strong teams to beat next year. The strongest opponent for sure, but not the only one. But as I said months ago, I'm confident that we'll beat Spain the next time we play them in a competitive match.

You may well do. It'd be an exciting to see another rematch, that's for sure. I still want to see what happens to Spain if they go behind in a KO match, which didn't happen at either 2008 or 2010. It might be such a shock to the system that they go out the first time it happens (and it maybe to a surprise team, c.f. Switzerland in the group stage)

My bet is Italy. They are a bit off the radar now due to the awful WC, but their transition has been pretty successful and they have a very strong team again. I don't know if you can really call a traditional powerhouse like them a "dark horse", but I expect them to do well.

On the other hand, they don't play like "traditional" Italy though and it remains to be seen if they can keep their "tournament team" quality following this more risky and attacking approach. Time will tell.

Yeah I don't know much about Italy any more, as I don't follow Serie A. I look at their squad now, there's a handful of the old guard (Buffon, Pirlo, De Rossi) and a few I know like Rossi and Cassano, but a lot of unfamiliar names to me.

France are another who've evolved quite a lot since 2010 and it's hard to know what they will show up like in 2012. Didn't look particularly good in the half I watched today, but then a decisive qualifier is not necessarily going to be them at their best. They got through it, which is what matters.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 pm

France under Blanc look a lot better, too, I agree. Quite a few strong teams next year, a number of teams with a realistic chance to go all the way. I expect the quality of football to be vastly superior to 2008 and better than 2010. This is probably going to be the last truly good Euro, before UEFA fucks everything up by expanding (bloating) the competition to 24 teams in 2016...
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:24 pm

What's this rubbish about Germany deserving to win in 2012?

I don't remember anyone claiming Spain deserved to win all those tournaments previous to 2008 when they had almost unparalleled success in qualification and youth tournaments. That they kept underachieving in big tournaments became a stereotype, up until they finally got their act together.

And by the way, they were frickin' awesome tonight, a joy to watch. Germany are obviously an excellent side, but Spain are still rightly deserved top dogs and will take some beating. I definitely hope to see another rematch with the Germans, cos it'll help put things into perspective. If there was a trophy to hand out for the most hyped team in football currently, it would go to Germany Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:56 pm

You probably should have watched a few Germany matches, too. Doubt that it would have changed anything about that bitterness though. Smile

The worst thing that can happen for many people on here is when Germany aren't just successful, but simply imperious and great to watch. The worst thing is when there is nothing left to cling to, no excuse left, no ifs and buts, nothing to marginalise and play down. You fear that more than losing itself, that moment of truth when there is nothing left but silence.

That moment is near. It's written in the stars... Magic Ale Biggrin
debaser

Post by debaser on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 am

Blut, your hype is reaching stratospheric levels. You have mix-metaphorically put your towel on the trophy already, so cocksure are you that you deserve victory for your ruthlessly efficient planning.

But for all we know, at the crucial moment some big ugly dude (ref. Greece 2004, when it was Portugal's year) might show up 5 minutes before you, disdainfully toss your towel onto the floor and just take the fucking deckchair himself. And how we will laugh as you stand there holding your crumpled towel, all your prior certainty about the towel-system but grains of sand in the wind...

(yeah okay, I've taken that one waaaaay beyond breaking point. But I try. goddamnit, I try. And this is why you will never have your silence!)..
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 am

debaser wrote:Blut, your hype is reaching stratospheric levels. You have mix-metaphorically put your towel on the trophy already, so cocksure are you that you deserve victory for your ruthlessly efficient planning.

But for all we know, at the crucial moment some big ugly dude (ref. Greece 2004, when it was Portugal's year) might show up 5 minutes before you, disdainfully toss your towel onto the floor and just take the fucking deckchair himself. And how we will laugh as you stand there holding your crumpled towel, all your prior certainty about the towel-system but grains of sand in the wind...

(yeah okay, I've taken that one waaaaay beyond breaking point. But I try. goddamnit, I try. And this is why you will never have your silence!)..

Very Happy

debby and bernd are RIGHT 100%

nobody DESERVES ANYTHING

before actually winning it

blut makes ALL the mistakes my fellow Nederlanders have been making for centuries

mistaking style/talent/flair with (future) achievement

what Germany would now need is GELLING

or as we Teutons say

"eine eingespielte Mannschaft"

and Löw does EVERYTHING in his power to prevent it

he just declared automatic starters a thing of the past and even Lahm had to go with nearly 10 minutes to play for yesterday

he gives a fig leave about DEFENSE

when everybody knows that's where you win cups

and when confronted with those facts, whittles out useless stats

the good news is he finally seems to understand that there are other countries to contend with as well

yesterday, he warned there were more countries than Spain

still

our whole edifice will crumble once we concede our first goal and have to chase a game against a decent side, a side that can defend and counterattack

my only remaining hope is that Schweini, Neuer and Co WILL switch into Heynckes mode during the Cup

and ignore Löw's silly "ideas"

Ballack and Frings pulled that stunt in 2006 and 2008

and in 2010 Löw switched from one day to the other to the van Gaal system as well

leading Müller to conclude that we were now the "FC Germany"

since this team is basically Bayern anyway, the switch can be accomplished in a NANO second

blut is wrong to suggest that "increased competition" is the main reason for the overall performance level and hunger for success

with the exception of Poldi, where it DOES work, it mostly useless

the key is that a range of players are ACHING for a Cup now

the humiliating losses at 2006, 2008, 2010 have left their mark

THEN

you have the generational aspect: Schweini, Lahm, Poldi, Merti know that they have TWO more shots to become immortal, then they will become mini Ballacks

meanwhile, the U-21/U-19 champs have TASTED success under the tutelage of Sammer/Hrubesch...

and they WANT MORE

they LOATHE the Löw/Zwanziger "dabei sein und unterhalten ist alles" mantra

Neuer is the best example of this case, also Khedira

and THEN you have the two "Spaniards": Özil and again Khedira who have to listen to silly Spanish WIND-UPS in the Real locker-room EVERY DAY

+

the endless Barca HYPE

and they want to put an end to it

+

in the media there really is now talk of only ONE THING: the title

people rave about attractive football BUT if we came back empty handed AGAIN, the DISAPPOINTMENT would be MASSIVE

Löw is trying EVERYTHING in his power to act like a TROJAN to undermine the Mannschaft

he could succeed

or he may not

we'll see

based on recent Germany performances though, which have all been poor at the back,

Spain, HOLLAND and ITALY are AHEAD of us though

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:59 am

It's funny how you still don't get what I meant with "deserving" the title and continue to go on about it. Funny, because it only confirms what I wrote above, about the greatest fear that actually otto shares with you. The worst thing that could happen to this backstabbing, glory hunting, spineless, traitorous chap is actually to see Germany winning the title next year, and doing so convincingly, no matter how much he tries to weasel out of it now and act as if he supports the team AGAIN. Not buying it old chap, you may fool a few Bavarian farmers but nobody with a half brain... Biggrin Ale

And besides, what hype? The results speak for themselves, the performances speak for themselves, the quality of the team and players speaks for itself. So what hype exactly? I'm fully aware that to win the title, the small things matter, that you also need some luck, as I actually wrote earlier. You can't "plan" to win the title, you can only build a team strong enough to go all the way and beat everyone else. And that's exactly what Germany have done.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 am

blutgraetsche wrote:
U19: Montenegro - Germany 0-2 (Euro qualification):

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=500014&tx_dfbnews_pi1[showUid]=29465&tx_dfbnews_pi4[cat]=68

The U19 already qualified for the 'elite stages' of the qualification next spring. The last match vs. Belarus on Tuesday is hence meaningless.

The last meaningless match ended 3-3. Unlike the senior team, the U19 youngsters were anything but professional though and were trailing 0-3 at half time.

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=500014&tx_dfbnews_pi1[showUid]=29521&tx_dfbnews_pi4[cat]=68
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:57 am

Blut, How the hell Germany "derserve" a title today???? Because they play since a few years (except in EC 2008; it was unwatchable) nice football ????

You won a lot of things already with "terrible" football.... Is it then also deserved to take OFF those "dirty" titles and bring it to England, Holland and Czechia?

I rest my case!
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 am

Germany deserve the title if they beat everyone else next year. Nobody would deserve it more then (and only then!), as we have been consistently challenging for years now, playing some great football to boot. But that's just a bonus, we don't deserve the title just because we play pretty stuff.

P.S.: Germany have never won a title playing terrible football. Not once. That's something your backstabbing Holland supporter otto in particular needs to understand. But that's probably a lost cause.
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:09 am

blutgraetsche wrote:It's funny how you still don't get what I meant with "deserving" the title and continue to go on about it. Funny, because it only confirms what I wrote above, about the greatest fear that actually otto shares with you. The worst thing that could happen to this backstabbing, glory hunting, spineless, traitorous chap is actually to see Germany winning the title next year, and doing so convincingly, no matter how much he tries to weasel out of it now and act as if he supports the team AGAIN. Not buying it old chap, you may fool a few Bavarian farmers but nobody with a half brain... Biggrin Ale

And besides, what hype? The results speak for themselves, the performances speak for themselves, the quality of the team and players speaks for itself. So what hype exactly? I'm fully aware that to win the title, the small things matter, that you also need some luck, as I actually wrote earlier. You can't "plan" to win the title, you can only build a team strong enough to go all the way and beat everyone else. And that's exactly what Germany have done.

What hype?? Are ye joking sir?! Laughing

On the last page you claimed who is playing better than Germany. For a start, have you not been watching Spain make mincemeat of their group? Wink

Secondly, the performances: the ones that have really mattered in the last few years you've lost (WC 2006, Euro 2008, WC 2010). Not on penalties either. Proper losses.

You've easily beaten all the lower ranked teams in your group. That's very good.
Trainers across Germany are salivating about the sheer amount of talent there is in Germany. That's nice too.
Playing good football. Yes, undeniably. Excellent stuff.

Germany look a very good side. But it's painful listening to how wonderful they are for beating Belgium and Turkey. Can we not hype the shit out of them once they've won something??! Us Englanders know all too well about being told to shut the fuck up, it's not bitterness, it's just intolerable! As though no other nations are making improvements!

But then it's not really your fault: German hype has definitely gone stratospheric this year. Just look at Borussia Dortmund. Tearing the arsehole out of the Bundesliga last season to such an extent everyone was predicting they'd win their group and make a serious splash in Europe. Mario Gotze the next Lionel Messi etc. And that was just as much from our media. I'll hold back from a full on orgasm once a German Club (and if it is to be one, it'll be Bayern anyway) or the Mannshafters win something. 'Tis the same laws by which we have to operate without ridicule, so welcome to the club Hug Ale
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 am

They've made 1 finals + 2 Semis. I'd say impressive stuff.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:31 am

I have watched Spain, have you watched Germany? That's the far more interesting question. What exactly makes you think that they were playing better than Germany? Who had the tougher group, who won more matches, who scored more goals? You say that Germany have beaten the lower ranked teams in their group, but what about Spain? Is the Czech Republic today a greater challenge than the semi-finalists of 2008, coached by Hiddink, a team that hadn't lost a match at home in years in particular? Is Scotland a bigger challenge than Belgium, a team full of gifted players playing for some of Europe's biggest clubs? Why these double standards?

I don't claim that we are better than Spain, we have to beat them first and they are reigning European and World Champions and of course the benchmark, Í said that nobody played better football than us once debbie hinted that the 'right thing' to happen would be for us to lose. That is just the simple truth, nobody, including Spain, played better football than us. But admitting Germany's class is the most difficult thing for many people on here. It's far easier to do so when it comes to those "Latin grease balls" because the simple truth is that you're similar to us, and it hurts you to see that we manage to do what you can't, despite a similar climate, football culture etc.
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 am

blutgraetsche wrote:But admitting Germany's class is the most difficult thing for many people on here.

Have to agree that that is the case for me...

...and still I have to congratulate the Germans on an incredible qualifying campaign with awesome football, that's how good they were Ale

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 am

Axe, you actually always admitted it when we deserved it, like most Holland supporters on here (and probably most Dutch people in general). It's the Engländers on here who simply can't. Not all of them, but quite a few. I hadn't the Dutch in mind when I wrote that above actually.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 am

Laughing Whilst a lot of this is to fuel some good hearted banter, here's the thing Blutty: I cannot remember the last time Spain didn't top their qualifying group. But no one was hyping the shit out of them until they won 2008, and even then - in SOME corners - people were still questioning if it were a fluke.

All the while, Germany have not won anything since 1996 (and hardly stormed to that trophy either let's be honest: penalties in the semis and a golden goal in the final). 2002 and 2008 finals beaten by the better teams (Lucky to have made the 2008 final anyway given Turkey were the better side with the better chances, but that's another story)

THAT is the reason it's harder to admit Germany are MORE DESERVED or BETTER than Spain. But, if we're asking the question if Germany are contenders and one of the best, constantly improving teams in the World, no arguments there, course they are.

It's this declaration of omnipotent superiority that stings the nostrils whenever ANY fan of any club or international team feels the need to use it, inlight of debatable evidence.

Whether it's club or international football, because of their history you find SOME Germans very hard to accept they aren't numero uno.

Talk to them about the league for example, and it's "we're the best league in the World for nurturing youg talent" they want to claim, and not the fact a Bundesliga club hasn't won the CL since 2001, the UEFA/Europa League even longer and had one finalist in 10 years.

It's like when I used to hear English hacks describe Ashley Cole "as the best left back in the World" - why why why does team A have to be the declared the BESTEST when it's clearly debatable?

So Germany have won their group with a perfect record and most goals scored. Best team in qualifying this year. But best team? Surely that's far too debatable for it NOT to be questioned!

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 am

Who said that Germany is the number one, now and all time? Brazil have won more WCs than us, Spain are the reigning Euro and World Champs. Germany have been the most consistent international team. We (almost) always challenged for the title, won it a few times, lost it too often. Nothing more, nothing less.

But that's not even the point here, is it? Why are you trying to distract from the fact that it's not the success you're willing to accept, but the way this success was achieved, especially today. If Germany won the title next year parking the bus and being cynical, you'd actually be glad to have that as an excuse. The nightmare for you is to see Germany playing everyone else off the park, if there is no excuse left. The most difficult thing to admit is not that we are a successful team, that's a given, it's the quality of our football, of our team, of our players. To say so is not a 'declaration of superiority', it's telling it like it is. You just can't accept it when a German does it, for various already mentioned reasons.

Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:34 am

You're right, it would be a nightmare. The only thing worse than a German Football supporter is a smug "I told you so" German football supporter Grr

On the other hand, your nightmare would be if, despite all this debate, I were to have the last word.

So here it is (although Germany wouldn't be the country it is today without flying in the face of adversity):

Aaronlennonisgodinnitbrrrrrrrrap Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am

It wouldn't be a 'nightmare' not to win the title next year, just a major disappointment. It can happen, this is football after all, no success can be planned. But one thing is for sure: If Karma exists, all that negative energy is going to bite you in the arse soon enough, and that moment of silence I spoke about earlier will become reality. I'll be there, smiling, sipping on my cup of Earl Grey, listening to The Lightning Seeds.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:53 am

A couple of years of finally trying to do "the right thing" doesn't wipe out the years and years of excructiating horribleness Blutty, scraping through on penalties, goakeepers assaulting French players, handballs in semi finals, diving in finals, stealing other nation's tournament songs and generally crushing the spirit of football with robot-like efficiency. Think about it.

If it were about what's deserved and what isn't, then Germany wouldn't win another trophy for another 100 years. A few nice behaved kids with flair for wearing scarves and relying on blind Uruguyuan linesmen to make them look good has got a long way to go to seek penetance Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:30 pm

VS:

Can you REALLY claim you're playing better than that?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 pm

That's not even what I claimed. You claimed that they played better than us, which isn't the case. Nobody did, and yes, that includes Spain.

Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:07 pm

scottish football lol! , they are in club and international level on ground ZERO

while belgiums football is on the rise, they are like a "little german" version, there clubs do great in europe, and they have some excellent young players

my favourites for euro 2012

spain (is my favourite, only they can match our midfield, and only they can make us look ordinary when they score the first goal)

dutch (i think there style would suit us the most)

italy (our ANGSTGEGNER, they look dangerous, have in every area great footballers, and they are smart guys which can hurt our kids)

germany (for obvious reasons)

Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:17 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:That's not even what I claimed. You claimed that they played better than us, which isn't the case. Nobody did, and yes, that includes Spain.

blutgraetsche wrote: Nobody deserves it more. Who plays better football than us?

I believe this was the offending statement.

Spain play "better" football than you. That's the point. They have done, at club and international level, for a few years now.

Listen, I'm helping keep you grounded. You and Kroos are endanger of floating away with the fairies. It's what friends do. I don't ask for anything in return. I do it because I care Ale

PS - Nice goal by Schurle

Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Kroos wrote:scottish football lol! , they are in club and international level on ground ZERO

while belgiums football is on the rise, they are like a "little german" version, there clubs do great in europe, and they have some excellent young players

my favourites for euro 2012

spain (is my favourite, only they can match our midfield, and only they can make us look ordinary when they score the first goal)

dutch (i think there style would suit us the most)

italy (our ANGSTGEGNER, they look dangerous, have in every area great footballers, and they are smart guys which can hurt our kids)

germany (for obvious reasons)

Laugh at Scottish football, but Spain have to deal with parked buses everytime they play. They are experts at picking apart teams who try to defend and break on them. Germany are more of a counter attacking side than Spain - see Schurle's goal as perfect example.

I've never seen an international team retain the ball as well as Spain - even the Brazil teams of the past couldn't - whilst also harry and pressurise at such pace. Are Germany equipped to beat them playing "the Barcelona" way (which hasn't by sheer coincidence also dominated club football) ? I need to see it before I believe it
debaser

Post by debaser on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:That's not even what I claimed. You claimed that they played better than us, which isn't the case. Nobody did, and yes, that includes Spain.

In conclusion then, you refuse to countenance the possibility that Spain are playing better, but unless you are willing to unambiguously state Germany are the best, the only possible reading that Germany and Spain are right now precisely equal. Correct?

(forgive my pedantry on the matter, I am just trying to build up the maximal stock of confident pre-tournament quotes for bumping purposes should luck go against Germany in the main event. Luck - or the lack thereof - being the only thing that can prevent the right outcome*, of course Wink )

*again, left for each to interpret as they will with their own fan bias. NOT implying there is one objectively 'right' outcome
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:

blutgraetsche wrote: Nobody deserves it more. Who plays better football than us?

I believe this was the offending statement.

Spain play "better" football than you. That's the point. They have done, at club and international level, for a few years now.

Listen, I'm helping keep you grounded. You and Kroos are endanger of floating away with the fairies. It's what friends do. I don't ask for anything in return. I do it because I care Ale

PS - Nice goal by Schurle

Yes, that is the point, and it's wrong. Spain did not play better football than us in this qualification (club football is a whole different matter and has nothing to do with it whatsoever). I didn't even claim that we played better football than them. Statistics don't tell the whole picture, but they don't lie either:

Spain: 8 matches, 8 wins, 26 goals scored (3.25 goals per match), 6 goals concended (0.75 goals per match), 78 fouls committed (9.75 fouls per match)

Germany: 10 matches, 10 wins, 34 goals scored (3.40 goals per match), 7 goals concended (0.70 goals per match), 68 fouls committed (6.80 fouls per match)

In addition to that, our group was considerably stronger, with better teams who offer a tougher challenge.

So you're not trying to 'keep us grounded', you're talking nonsense.

That said, all that won't matter much next year when the actual tournament starts.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

debaser wrote:

In conclusion then, you refuse to countenance the possibility that Spain are playing better, but unless you are willing to unambiguously state Germany are the best, the only possible reading that Germany and Spain are right now precisely equal. Correct?

(forgive my pedantry on the matter, I am just trying to build up the maximal stock of confident pre-tournament quotes for bumping purposes should luck go against Germany in the main event. Luck - or the lack thereof - being the only thing that can prevent the right outcome*, of course Wink )

*again, left for each to interpret as they will with their own fan bias. NOT implying there is one objectively 'right' outcome

No team in Europe played better football than Germany in this qualification. That includes Spain, Holland, Italy and everyone else. You are free to bumb that as often as you want, as it is the bloody truth and will remain the truth. Smile Ale

For me, Spain played an equally impressive, 'flawless' qualification. But not a better one, including the football on display.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
Laugh at Scottish football, but Spain have to deal with parked buses everytime they play. They are experts at picking apart teams who try to defend and break on them. Germany are more of a counter attacking side than Spain - see Schurle's goal as perfect example.

I've never seen an international team retain the ball as well as Spain - even the Brazil teams of the past couldn't - whilst also harry and pressurise at such pace. Are Germany equipped to beat them playing "the Barcelona" way (which hasn't by sheer coincidence also dominated club football) ? I need to see it before I believe it

Germany actually proved numerous times in this campaign that they can pick teams apart equally well. Most teams park the bus against us also, including all of our opponents in our group, home and away. If anything, this statement, based on a single goal from a single match you just saw the highlights of, says everything there needs to be said about your knowledge of the current Germany side. You're in for a pleasant surprise next summer.

Germany are still deadly on the break, but in contrast to the 2010 WC, the new 4-1-4-1 system gives them additional control and dominance all over the pitch. The best example for this was the Brazil friendly two months ago, when Brazil played on the counter and Germany ripped them apart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 pm