Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Goalkeepers : Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover)    

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Erik Durm, Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Hoewedes (Schalke 04), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Julian Draxler (Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich), Christoph Kramer (Borussia Monchengladbach), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Andre Schurrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)

Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal)

dead wood = draxler, ginter, höwedes

why no lasogga instead of one of those three

maybe he is not löws football typ, maybe to old school, god i hate LÖW so much
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:08 pm

I thought Germany had a better squad TBH! Nice collection of midfielders though. The rest...not so much. Klose is 36 ffs. Why not playing Klinsmann or Bierhoff.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Julian Draxler (Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Christoph Kramer (Borussia Monchengladbach), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Andre Schurrle (Chelsea).

all up and coming to MEH(Khedira), not really spain quality and the rest of the squad defense and strikers. beyond some key names, is a bit meh too.

what happen to the endless conveyor belt of talent
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:18 pm

lol! i don`t know what you call MEH

------------------NEUER

lahm--bao/hum--merte---durm

---schwein/kroos----khedira/kramer

schürrle/müller------özil/götze------reus/draxler

-----------the only MEH position is KLOSE, and when Khedira stays back and does the diry work i actually rate him, at least a BIT

you think pedro is better than schürrle?  Laughing  let`s not even talk about Reus or Müller

11 players who played a CL Final in the last 2 years

@fey yeah the squad looks not as good as expected, but look at the injurys (bender, bender, gündogan, gomez) another 3 players who played the CL final

Last edited by Kroos on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:23 pm

It's become tedious and superfluous to make the same complaints over and over again. Might be only a friendly... but what is the point of Boateng at right-back (rather than Großkreutz)? Durm tested and did well, well done; but what purpose is served by playing Merte and Hummels if Merte-Boateng is indeed the best combination, and therefore needs match practice? Why not give Kramer more of a chance? What's the point of ending the game with four central defenders?

Löw talks of the team "lacking freshness", oh really? What's freshness got to do with the hopeless defensive setup that led to the two goals? You only need a goal, never mind two, to win a game.

We are now all but committed to a strikerless formation that has never really worked, and I hope to God Jogi knows what the hell he's doing ditching the only natural striker, if he is one, apart from Klose in Volland. A surely still half-fit Miro (36 next week) had no minutes, is he supposed to be the saviour yet again? Müller and Reus still haven't been tried there in an actual match...

Either Löw genuinely doesn't know what he's doing (giving further evidence that he gets worse as the players at his disposal get better), or he has a few spectacular things up his sleeve to make everything click in time...
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:14 pm

ACHTUNG ACHTUNG!

Deutschland wird die WM in Brasilien nicht gewinnen.

ENDE DER DURCHSAGE.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 pm

I don't get with regards to the striker situation. Why not play Muller there if Klose isn't up for it?

Quite remarkable that since the German revitalisation of talent you haven't produced a single great attacker only a bunch wingers, Am's and Cm's. It sort of fits in with my Ottesque view of the German talents coming through(pussification etc.) but are there any attackers coming through?

Not to mention central defenders. Boateng is probably underrated because he just appears plain and big to most who watch him but still wouldn't call him world class. Hummels is probably the only one in recent years who could be called world class even if I don't always trust him.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Kroos wrote:lol! i don`t know what you call MEH

------------------NEUER

lahm--bao/hum--merte---durm

---schwein/kroos----khedira/kramer

schürrle/müller------özil/götze------reus/draxler

-----------the only MEH position is KLOSE, and when Khedira stays back and does the diry work i actually rate him, at least a BIT

you think pedro is better than schürrle?  Laughing  let`s not even talk about Reus or Müller

11 players who played a CL Final in the last 2 years

@fey yeah the squad looks not as good as expected, but look at the injurys (bender, bender, gündogan, gomez) another 3 players who played the CL final

all the layers i mentioned are up and coming nothing more, didn't mention reus who i love or muller

pedro is miles better than schurrle, when schurrle and done what he has or even half we can discuss them,

the players i mentioned just coming up, Sami is meh, as is the defense with a few key exceptions.

Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:02 pm

http://www.fr-online.de/wm-2014-in-brasilien/wm-2014--ich-habe-die-expertisen-in-der-schublade-,17059760,27331634.html

good read (in german)
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

There is a weird level of indifference this time. It's not that the low expectations are anything new, they have been low for years, thanks to the genius of our Bundestrainer. There isn't even anger anymore, anger about a potentially great generation of players being wasted that used to plague me for so long.

I don't wish this team, which is and always will be my team, any harm or anything. I will be happy if the unlikely thing happens and they do really well, win the WC even. It's just that if they don't, it won't be a catastrophe anymore, because logically, they would have to do it against the odds, despite the guy at the helm who should give them guidance and form a team that is greater than the sum of its talented parts, not because of him. Not to mention all the injuries and what not that make it even less likely than it already was, even with everybody fit.

One of the reasons for this is probably the conveyor belt that continues to spit out truly gifted players on a regular basis. Looking at the current U19 team that just qualified for the Euros, beating Spain in Spain 3-1 after conceding first, full of great talents that have already established themselves on the highest level despite their young age, it's far easier to stomach the waste of talent that has been going on for years now. Löw's time will come to an end, but the talents we produce won't dry up anytime soon, so the next Bundestrainer who'll hopefully be more competent and less stubborn will still have a huge number of gifted players to work with, to form a team that finally wins us some silverware again.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:31 am

Born and bread in Bremen, just turned 18, set the world alight for Leverkusen in the Bundesliga at the tender age of 17. Julian Brandt, remember the name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz91O8KDeW4
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:35 am

Good to see the Jarmans already getting the excuses in early.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 am

Excuses? What excuses? We won't win the WC, where is the excuse?

Are you thick?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:24 pm

You could really despair with these c**ts in charge. Seriously, has Niersbach no shame? To stand there in front of the reporters and say that Löw's job is guaranteed until 2016, even if Germany fail to advance to the second round of the WC? Something that basically never happens, with a history of more or less 1/4 finals minimum? How utterly incompetent and spineless can you get?

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/dfb-team/1406/News/wolfgang-niersbach-stellt-sich-hinter-joachim-loew-nationalmannschaft-wm-2014-brasilien.html

I hope that Löw himself has at least the decency to resign should the team really fail to make it to the second round. At least he hinted he would do so in a recent interview...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Highlights of the crucial U19 Euro qualification match vs. Spain:

http://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-laenderspiel-gegen-spanien/8502/
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Rumours of a "5-4-1" system in the German media. Inspired by Guardiola's tactics vs. Dortmund in the Pokal Final, when Javi Martinez played similar to an old school sweeper, Hummels could supposedly play that role. So it'll look like a 5-4-1 system while losing the ball, and a 2-5-3 (or 3-4-3) while in possession, always packing the midfield with passing options and ideally adding solidity, too.

Could look something like this:

------------------Neuer------------------
------Mertesacker----Boateng-----
Lahm-------Hummels--------Durm
----------Khedira--Schweini----------
Reus-------------------------Schürrle
----------------Müller------------------

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_dfbteam/artikel_902751.html

Actually like the idea, especially against strong and pacy opposition. Hummels played that role brilliantly in the U21 Euro final, for example.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:There is a weird level of indifference this time. It's not that the low expectations are anything new, they have been low for years, thanks to the genius of our Bundestrainer. There isn't even anger anymore, anger about a potentially great generation of players being wasted that used to plague me for so long.

I don't wish this team, which is and always will be my team, any harm or anything. I will be happy if the unlikely thing happens and they do really well, win the WC even. It's just that if they don't, it won't be a catastrophe anymore, because logically, they would have to do it against the odds, despite the guy at the helm who should give them guidance and form a team that is greater than the sum of its talented parts, not because of him. Not to mention all the injuries and what not that make it even less likely than it already was, even with everybody fit.

One of the reasons for this is probably the conveyor belt that continues to spit out truly gifted players on a regular basis. Looking at the current U19 team that just qualified for the Euros, beating Spain in Spain 3-1 after conceding first, full of great talents that have already established themselves on the highest level despite their young age, it's far easier to stomach the waste of talent that has been going on for years now. Löw's time will come to an end, but the talents we produce won't dry up anytime soon, so the next Bundestrainer who'll hopefully be more competent and less stubborn will still have a huge number of gifted players to work with, to form a team that finally wins us some silverware again.

How did the wunderkinden get on at the u17s Euro finals recently? PS good to have you back Blutty.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 pm

I don't know. But what I do know is that, for many well documented reasons, the U19 has been bottling the Euro qualifications since 2008 (when they won the tournament). So qualifying in this convincing manner is good to see, especially considering the fact that quite a number of those U19 European winners became Bundesliga and even senior NT players later on.

Even if they don't win the tournament, they'll at least be able to qualify for the U20 WC. But more important than that is the quality of the players. In contrast to the 2008 Euro winners, a lot of those players already have 1. Bundesliga or EPL experience.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:13 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Excuses? What excuses? We won't win the WC, where is the excuse?

Are you thick?

It's common knowledge that he is a bit of a thickie.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Team vs. Armenia:

Weidenfeller - J. Boateng , Mertesacker , Hummels , Höwedes - Khedira , Lahm - Schürrle , T. Kroos , Reus - T. Müller

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/nationalelf/startseite/fussball-nationalteams-freundschaftsspiele/2014/3/2377830/livematch_deutschland_armenien.html

No Özil in the starting XI, Lahm in midfield, Höwedes as LB, Müller up front.

More or less agree with the team, except Durm for Höwedes (and Neuer for Weidenfeller, if fit). Özil and Götze need to earn their spots, they lack form. Schweini isn't fit.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Looking good going forward, a number of good chances created against a very deep defending opponent, unpredictable and even dangerous on the break, been a while. Defence looking surprisingly good also, even if Armenia aren't the benchmark.

Problem is the lack of efficiency and precision on the final ball.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Great. Reus looks crocked. Our most in-form player injured, as if we're not fucked enough already.

Poldi for Reus.
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Shit. That looked bad.  Crying or Very sad 
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Poldi coming from the bench has done him a ton of good. Been a while i've seen him so aggressive and motivated. Good goal by Schürrle. Best thing about it was that it happened on the break. We have to regain that counter attacking ability that was a bit lost in the tiki taka obsession.

Kroos looks nailed on as a starter.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Özil improved also, should have scored though, hit the post. He really needs some confidence.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Heh. Großkreutz been on the pitch for a minute and causes a penalty. Can't make this up...

Micky scored. Kroos and Schweini not looking good there.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Poldi on fire. Arsenal production, finally a trademark Özil assist.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Höwedes makes it three. The technical ability of the players is ridiculous, a pity seeing so much talent wasted.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:19 pm

Good, very good. Grandad Klose scores. Important for many reasons.

Klose all time top scorer for Germany now, overtaking Gerd Müller with 69 Goals.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Götze makes it five.

Really like Özil tonight. Hopefully he finally understood what is at stake. Good decision by Löw to bench him, has to be said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:25 am