Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Share
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Debster:

Blut has essentially picked the best 23, and left out supposedly versatile deadwood such as Rolfes, Träsch (by name...), Aogo, etc, leaving in the area where the squad has most depth and quality in creative/attacking midfield. It's only six defenders in name, but you wouldn't expect to rotate there much anyway and there's lots of cover: right-back is between Höwedes and Boateng and is Lahm's natural position anyway; captain left-back (where there are fewest options) would be covered by Badstuber – or indeed Boateng; bear in mind that the last WC ended up with Lahm on the right and Boateng on the left, whereas t'other way round is what's likely to happen next summer. And there are five natural central defenders in there, so there need to be three injuries to be screwed, and then someone like Khedira can fill in at right-back.

Better to retain the defensive (and to some extent creative) option of both benders in midfield and leave out clowns like Aogo who won't play anyway. None of Özil, Podolski, Müller, Schürrle, Kroos, Götze or Reus can be omitted. Without wanting to be sacrilegious it's not dissimilar to the Spanish position where they have so many midfielders that some (Fabregas, Mata, Iniesta, Silva, cf. Müller, Reus, Götze) will be thrust into forward positions as support/false strikers.

But because Holtby and/or a bender can [be omitted], Löw will, as you say and as I mentioned, almost certainly be more conservative and keep some defensive insurance.

If this looks like shoehorning the best players in at the expense of balance à la Sven, it shouldn't be; no one should end up playing out of position and it maximizes the options in midfield e.g. defensive with Khedira/Bender or more attacking/possession-oriented with Kroos or Götze.
avatar
anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
Age : 29
Supports : VfB Stuttgart
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:24 pm



Rose Dove
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
Better to retain the defensive (and to some extent creative) option of both benders in midfield and leave out clowns like Aogo who won't play anyway.

Rouges you massive ficking Bender, I completely agree - but this is very much the point why many of us "little Englanders" want Rooney in the squad instead of some feckin' deadwood who won't get a game anyway. "Ha! Das ist not the same thing, silly dummkopf Bernd" I can hear you saying to yourself, but here's the crux, so listen hard: it is not possinle foe all of your wunderkid midfielders to play, heck 12 midfielders is verging on the insane and massively unbalances the squad in other areas - but by God if I were called Klaus and enjoyed cooking another man's penis for dinner I'd sure as hell also prefer to look over at those little spotty fickers loaded up on the bench over some shite like Rolfes, or a pointless 6th defender or 4th striker. Even if they don't set foot on the pitch in the group stages. So in short, the same point you and Hardy were all over like flies to shit regarding Shrek.

On a similar note, why haven't you and your man Hardy taken your crusade to the Italian thread and educated the heathens on there yet? Their media and manager look to be pledging to take an almost certainly unfit/unready Cassano as a spare 24th man. So what you gonna tell those befuddled little insular eye-ties about how the shizer rolls in Germany? Hey? HEY?

http://www.lifeinitaly.com/news/en/147348



avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:44 pm

anglophileHedgehog wrote:

Rose Dove

Amen Ale
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote:
Better to retain the defensive (and to some extent creative) option of both benders in midfield and leave out clowns like Aogo who won't play anyway.

Rouges you massive ficking Bender, I completely agree - but this is very much the point why many of us "little Englanders" want Rooney in the squad instead of some feckin' deadwood who won't get a game anyway. "Ha! Das ist not the same thing, silly dummkopf Bernd" I can hear you saying to yourself, but here's the crux, so listen hard: it is not possinle foe all of your wunderkid midfielders to play, heck 12 midfielders is verging on the insane and massively unbalances the squad in other areas - but by God if I were called Klaus and enjoyed cooking another man's penis for dinner I'd sure as hell also prefer to look over at those little spotty fickers loaded up on the bench over some shite like Rolfes, or a pointless 6th defender or 4th striker. Even if they don't set foot on the pitch in the group stages. So in short, the same point you and Hardy were all over like flies to shit regarding Shrek.

On a similar note, why haven't you and your man Hardy taken your crusade to the Italian thread and educated the heathens on there yet? Their media and manager look to be pledging to take an almost certainly unfit/unready Cassano as a spare 24th man. So what you gonna tell those befuddled little insular eye-ties about how the shizer rolls in Germany? Hey? HEY?

http://www.lifeinitaly.com/news/en/147348




All I can say is they is well fickle innit, given that their previous managers looked down their nose at him and now the man born on the day of their WC triumph is the messiah again. Well well...

I'll try and reply properly tomorrow, but rather confused as don't get how the point is even similar. The squad looks a lot more unbalanced than it is because some players can play in various positions – all defenders are covering for each other and some of the more creative midfielders can play further forward or back as necessary.

As I said, without claiming that the midfield is as strong as Spain's they are in a comparable position as regards their selection – look at the direction Barcelona is going in.

My objection to Rooney is not that he can't play anywhere, as he said the other day (he pretty much can), it's that at the moment it's all academic anyway. If you beat Spain I'll shut up.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Of course we won't beat Spain, don't be a dummkopf Allez.

It is virtually the same point - you don't want to see deadwood sat on the bench, or a 6th defender or 4th striker who won't make the team anyway. So why not, at the risk of unbalancing squad, select quality, but quality which may or may not play. This is the same angle I've been bleating on about Shrek.

Anyway, I await your rapier response (that's rapier); my sword is currently unsheathed and ready for duel
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:39 pm

As Allez has put it so eloquently, I was hardly suggesting anything outrageous. I basically suggested to take a defender less than Löw will most likely do in exchange of another midfielder. I wouldn't have done so if most of our defenders weren't so versatile and could play on a number of positions in the back four.

In the system we play, the difference between (attacking) midfielder and forward is almost negligible. The only true out-and-out striker in our squad is Gomez, but even he has improved his allround game considerably in recent years. Klose drops deep so often that you could count him as a midfielder. With him, our 4-2-3-1 looked like a 4-2-4 most of the time, not to mention our new 4-1-4-1 system that makes the traditional positions even less definable. So while you say 12 midfielders, it's more like 14 players for 6 positions. Of those 14 players, a few can play up front and at the back of the midfield, shielding the defence. Having a proper backup for Schweinsteiger in the 4-1-4-1 will be quite important, for example.

So it's basically about 6-14 vs. 7-13. Since the mentioned defenders are hardly world beaters, while the midfielders / forwards are of high quality, I prefer 6-14. Besides, some of those midfielders could help out in the defence also, if necessary.

P.S.: Rooney is a whole different matter, as he simply won't be able to play, and for that he is solely to blame himself. Cassano might, and he can hardly be blamed for his illness.
avatar
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Age : 28
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Xavier on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:57 am

Ä wrote:this would be MY squad for Euro 2012

Wiese, Weidenfeller, Rost (Trapp)

Lell, Beck, Merte, Hummels, Höwedes, Huth, Jansen, Schäfer

Ballack, Schweini, Rolfes (or Borowski) , L Bender

Müller, Özil , Poldi, Reus, Kroos, Schürrle

Gomez, Klose

Ale
haha, this is an AWESOME team, but would need a completely different coach / system for it to work... good call leaving that piece of shit Lahm out, too, he freaking SUCKS nowadays...
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:49 am

Individual skill more important than the system, a strikerless formation - unveiling the new football model that will make Germany dominate

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/11/11/2751082/individual-skill-more-important-than-the-system-a
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 am

Clark Whitney has long had a hard on for the German National Team.

So the German "system over individuals" that Blutty has been banging on about, or infact the article on Goal not so long ago opining how Lowe sees the NT as a squad to rotate and seemlessly fit a system as opposed to a first XI based on the "best" individual players is now not the case at all?

The mind boggles Ale
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:35 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:As Allez has put it so eloquently, I was hardly suggesting anything outrageous. I basically suggested to take a defender less than Löw will most likely do in exchange of another midfielder. I wouldn't have done so if most of our defenders weren't so versatile and could play on a number of positions in the back four.

In the system we play, the difference between (attacking) midfielder and forward is almost negligible. The only true out-and-out striker in our squad is Gomez, but even he has improved his allround game considerably in recent years. Klose drops deep so often that you could count him as a midfielder. With him, our 4-2-3-1 looked like a 4-2-4 most of the time, not to mention our new 4-1-4-1 system that makes the traditional positions even less definable. So while you say 12 midfielders, it's more like 14 players for 6 positions. Of those 14 players, a few can play up front and at the back of the midfield, shielding the defence. Having a proper backup for Schweinsteiger in the 4-1-4-1 will be quite important, for example.

So it's basically about 6-14 vs. 7-13. Since the mentioned defenders are hardly world beaters, while the midfielders / forwards are of high quality, I prefer 6-14. Besides, some of those midfielders could help out in the defence also, if necessary.

P.S.: Rooney is a whole different matter, as he simply won't be able to play, and for that he is solely to blame himself. Cassano might, and he can hardly be blamed for his illness.

Nothing to add your honour Smile
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:45 pm


"Low [sic] now has no qualms shaking things up, and the turning point perhaps was the recent World Cup. Muller’s performances proved that even a 20-year-old could have the mental fortitude to play at the highest level and shine. Had it not been for the Bayern man’s success, Low might have replaced the suspended winger with Piotr Trochowski for the semi-final match against Spain. Instead, he used the young Toni Kroos, who himself had only earned his first international cap three months prior."

scratch Oh dear this is a shocker.

Most of us were begging for him to be bold and use Kroos not Trochowski. He started with Troche and only brought on Kroos in the second half (who missed a chance it must be said)...
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:As Allez has put it so eloquently, I was hardly suggesting anything outrageous. I basically suggested to take a defender less than Löw will most likely do in exchange of another midfielder. I wouldn't have done so if most of our defenders weren't so versatile and could play on a number of positions in the back four.

In the system we play, the difference between (attacking) midfielder and forward is almost negligible. The only true out-and-out striker in our squad is Gomez, but even he has improved his allround game considerably in recent years. Klose drops deep so often that you could count him as a midfielder. With him, our 4-2-3-1 looked like a 4-2-4 most of the time, not to mention our new 4-1-4-1 system that makes the traditional positions even less definable. So while you say 12 midfielders, it's more like 14 players for 6 positions. Of those 14 players, a few can play up front and at the back of the midfield, shielding the defence. Having a proper backup for Schweinsteiger in the 4-1-4-1 will be quite important, for example.

So it's basically about 6-14 vs. 7-13. Since the mentioned defenders are hardly world beaters, while the midfielders / forwards are of high quality, I prefer 6-14. Besides, some of those midfielders could help out in the defence also, if necessary.

P.S.: Rooney is a whole different matter, as he simply won't be able to play, and for that he is solely to blame himself. Cassano might, and he can hardly be blamed for his illness.

Nothing to add your honour Smile

Squirming your way through the Rooney issue again like a pair of Berliners who've turned up to the Love Parade in overly tight chafing leather chaps**

The issue has never been about some politically correct display of moral indignation and reprimanding Rooney by not taking him - unless you've noticed he's been given a 3 match ban which more than covers something one can hardly call a "criminal act".

It should be whether it's WORTH taking him or not. As in, would having a 6th defender or 5th striker be a benefit over having Rooney there despite sitting out 3 games. As I see it - and I'm almost always right - it's very much like this issue about what is more beneficial for Germany: taking some "hardly World Beaters" but specialist defenders and strikers over an array of midfield "stars" who could put a shift in these positions but unbalance the squad, play poorly in less familiar positions and most importantly: may not even get on the field in the group stages due to the options available. But ultimately, you think it's worth accomodating the star names at the risk of unbalancing the squad, you ficking insular little Germaners. When will you learn hey? When???

** The leather chaps that - allegedly - Blut and Allez enjoy wearing on weekends:
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:38 pm

The best bit of that post was the end. I is a bit thick I'm afraid – I still don't really get the connection you're trying to make.

It's not about squeezing stars in at the expense of average players – Kroos has been used several times in Rolfes's position and is much better there. There is lots of cover for every position in Blut's squad, I think it might be the overlap that confuses you? All outfield players, in fcat everyone but Hildebrand, were used at WC '06 by the way.

Rooney is banned at the moment. Just to check, it's hardly ever (i.e. only in extreme circs like the ridiculous injuries Germany had in '96) that you get to call up an extra player during the tournament, like in rugby? Otherwise you could find a way to draft him in if you get through the group...
avatar
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Ä on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 pm

bernd

don't let those two PC "Germans" fool you

you are absolutely right

the argument that we should pick one or two extra "star" midfielders and therefore drop the odd defender because Badstuber and Co are VERSATILE and can play a number of positions is

SHEER lunacy

Badstuber is a central defender and a POOR left back

Boateng is a central defender and a POOR/at best AVERAGE right back

Höwedes is really a central defender as well and a mediocre or at least inexperienced right back

Kroos and Khedira are shit as pure DMCs

and so it continues

these days, Lahm is shit as well

BUT

the idea of having Badstuber step in SHOULD the slimy c**t get injured, is a FARCE

the promiscuous pedophile is at it again and will now effectively play a slightly matured U-21 in midfield as well as defense

he HATES experience and AGE, just like our PC friends

and CRAVES fresh flesh

and who can blame him

most men would prefer Jessica Alba followed by Jessica Biel and maybe Scarlett J

rather than stick it out with Meg Ryan, simply because she was once good in Sleepless in Seattle

still

Löw goes on about "Eingespieltheit" and then shuffles his team like a pack of cards

the greatest intellectual football hypocrite in German history



THIS may work against the Ukraine tonight

but would not work against the big boys in 2012

as for Rooney

IF the ENgland players rate and like him as much as the media, then, by all means, take him to the Euros

if only as a mascot and motivational force

IF , however, the whole Rooney circus becomes too much of a distraction

leave him at home

avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Allez, I want you to apologise for insinuating I was an insular little Englander. That is all Ale Laughing


Last edited by Noah und der Bale on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Schweinsteiger was a failed winger who was converted to a midfielder out of adversity.

Carsten Jancker's successor was Klose, which could tell you something about the former – benchwarmers at club level. Klose's so-called prolific scoring form at club level also tells us how much the quality of international football has come down.

So, along with Bernd Schneider they've all had a fantastic careers, winning multiple Ballons D'Or, CLs and world cups...

Oh I forget Lahm – another one that usually surfaces during the group stages of international tournaments. There is a bunch of pillocks in the media that usually call him the best full-back based on two matches in the group states of World Cups and Euros, only to go underground for the next few years.

Even the likes of Bayern and Dortmund have shot themselves in the foot multiple times sticking with their stone-age transfer tactics – thinking that purchasing the best German players from their local league would guarantee success in the CL – and smartly decided to shop outside.

Individually Germany do not have the quality that many of you think they are; they are mostly average footballers at best, but somehow they manage to cough up decent runs in the international tournaments.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by debaser on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:The best bit of that post was the end. I is a bit thick I'm afraid – I still don't really get the connection you're trying to make.

It's not about squeezing stars in at the expense of average players – Kroos has been used several times in Rolfes's position and is much better there. There is lots of cover for every position in Blut's squad, I think it might be the overlap that confuses you? All outfield players, in fcat everyone but Hildebrand, were used at WC '06 by the way.

Rooney is banned at the moment. Just to check, it's hardly ever (i.e. only in extreme circs like the ridiculous injuries Germany had in '96) that you get to call up an extra player during the tournament, like in rugby? Otherwise you could find a way to draft him in if you get through the group...

You did what?! FRAUD! CHEATS!

I only ever remember reserves being drafted in at tournaments if someone gets injured before the first match.
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:Allez, I want you to apologise for insinuating I was an insular little Englander. That is all Ale Laughing

You? Insular little Engländer? Shurely shome mistake. I thought you woz 'Ungarian innit. Apologies if I somehow gave the wrong impression.

Somehow I had forgotten/not realized that Aaron Lennon is a Yorkshireman. This amuses me, for some reason.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
Noah und der Bale wrote:Allez, I want you to apologise for insinuating I was an insular little Englander. That is all Ale Laughing

You? Insular little Engländer? Shurely shome mistake. I thought you woz 'Ungarian innit. Apologies if I somehow gave the wrong impression.

Somehow I had forgotten/not realized that Aaron Lennon is a Yorkshireman. This amuses me, for some reason.

Apology accepted Ale I'm 6 foot 1, nothing little about this Englander.

Aaza is from Chapeltown in Leeds. It's like a lawless Baghdad. Proper boomba clux badboy gangsta innit boiiiiiii Ale
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Murray on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:23 pm

debaser wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote:The best bit of that post was the end. I is a bit thick I'm afraid – I still don't really get the connection you're trying to make.

It's not about squeezing stars in at the expense of average players – Kroos has been used several times in Rolfes's position and is much better there. There is lots of cover for every position in Blut's squad, I think it might be the overlap that confuses you? All outfield players, in fcat everyone but Hildebrand, were used at WC '06 by the way.

Rooney is banned at the moment. Just to check, it's hardly ever (i.e. only in extreme circs like the ridiculous injuries Germany had in '96) that you get to call up an extra player during the tournament, like in rugby? Otherwise you could find a way to draft him in if you get through the group...

You did what?! FRAUD! CHEATS!

I only ever remember reserves being drafted in at tournaments if someone gets injured before the first match.

It was actually 2 players, although they didn't play. They both looked a bit sheepish about it.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:48 am

Kroos is indispensible, Gotze & Ozil need forwards to serve & more - Five things Germany can learn from their thrilling draw with Ukraine

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/11/12/2753459/kroos-is-indispensible-gotze-ozil-need-forwards-to-serve
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 am

i hope we play like this against the dutch

and i hope we don`t concede a goal, i am really annoyed about our defensive blunders in the last games, we should start of thinking more defensive, like bayern, our attack is so good, we always will get our chances


--------------neuer

boateng-merte--badstuber--schmelzer

------kroos----khedira

müller-----özil------schürrle/poldi

---------gomez/klose (when fit)
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/dfb-team/1111/Artikel/nationalmannschaft-jugendausbildung-marcel-lucassen-technik-taktik-trainer-matthias-sammer-cristiano-ronaldo.html

Ein Holländer für Deutschland
Marcel Lucassen: Spezialist für Technik und Taktik


a dutch coach is working with our german kids (manunited fans should know him, he made ronaldo world class)
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Kroos wrote:i hope we play like this against the dutch

and i hope we don`t concede a goal, i am really annoyed about our defensive blunders in the last games, we should start of thinking more defensive, like bayern, our attack is so good, we always will get our chances


--------------neuer

boateng-merte--badstuber--schmelzer

------kroos----khedira

müller-----özil------schürrle/poldi

---------gomez/klose (when fit)

Front 6 looks great, but that back 4 has got to be one of the weakest of any of the so called "big" international nations. Sure, not the first choice, but Merte/Badstuber in any game: that would worry the fuck out of me if I were German Yikes

avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Badstuber is the shit, get with this program. And this idea that Merte has gone to the dogs is utterly overblown; just because he is the weakest link in initiating moves does not mean he is not still a high-quality defender. If you defend John Terry it makes no sense to rip Merte's reputation to shreds.

Boateng can be very "ungestüm", rather impetuous and inclined to commit unwise fouls and I for one am still not completely convinced by him; Höwedes is another option on the right, though they are both natural central defenders.

Bring in Lahm for Schmelzer, who has indeed been shite lately, and a defence of something like Höwedes, Hummels, Badstuber and Lahm has the potential to be really rather good – notwithstanding the continuing issue at right-back.
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Fade out on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Badstuber is preferred because of his distribution & natural left foot. Just the way Low would like it.

ATM Mertesacker is better suited than Hummels. They look considerably worse without him at the back.

They got a good set of CB's in Hummels, Mertesacker, Badstubber IMO.

If Low stops fucking around, then things will improve.

FFS, they've reached finals & semi-finals with likes of Friedrich & Metzelder partnering Merdesacker.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:21 pm

What was wrong with Metzelder?? In his prime he was a quality CB.

Sorry, but comparing Merte with Terry makes me giggle. I've quite honestly never seen a slower, less mobile CB in my entire life. His distribution is iffy at best. The Woodcutter looks like a zippy Beckenbauer in comparison.

Hummels is clearly talented though, granted.

Badstuber, hmmmm. We'll see. A CL run with Bayern and I might reconsider, but he's like the Michael Dawson of the Bayern team from what I've seen: solid without ever being spectacular, prone to looking stupid against mobile, quick attackers.

The first choice back 4 looks decent, but this one Kroos has mentioned doesn't IMO. But, weirder things have happened - who'd have thought Jagielk and Lescott would put in World Class performances to keep out Spain? Let's see what happens against the (admittedly RVP, Robben and VDV-less) Dutch
avatar
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Ä on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Badstuber is good offensively indeed

but a lousy defender, as again seen against the Ukraine

Boateng is so rough around the edges , it's insane

the closest thing we have to Huth these days

BOTH blow hot and cold all the time, just like Lahm, and to a lesser extend Neuer (who never really gets tested at Bayern anyway)

Heynckes has come up with a system that allows all of them to hide their abundant flaws VERY effectively

in the Löw system those weaknesses are NEON-lit

neither Boateng nor Badstuber are the future though

a young chap at Nürnberg is

WOLLSCHEID should play alongside Hummels in the Mannschaft within a few years Ale



avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Allez les rouges on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:19 pm

I don't get the "giggle" point at all I'm afraid Bernd – Merte hasn't got 78 caps (more than Terry) in a pretty successful German team and five good years in an almost suicidally attacking Werder team for no reason; his footballing limitations are well rehearsed but his slowness/lack of mobility is laughably overplayed by Anglos who haven't seen that much of him, and his ability to win the ball on the floor without fouling is more than admirable. You may not think that being the best German defender of the last six or seven years counts for much, fair enough.

But yes I do rate Hummels higher. Badstuber and Dawson makes absolutely no sense at all – a natural footballer more than a defender of the traditional sort, his strengths are in his distribution and I guess skill in intercepting without tackling. You can be sceptical about his talents as an out-and-out defender but his left-footedness (as Frenchie said) as well as his good footballing skills make him potentially a vg complement to Hummels in the centre.

It's a shame about Metzelder, injuries took a heavy toll on him. Once a top-quality CB indeed, a top bloke and one of the most intelligent footballers (generally, not just in footballing terms) I can think of.

Sponsored content

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 am