Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Share
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:34 pm

And another by Götze. 6-1 FT

We can only hope that Reus is not seriously injured, didn't look good at all. Would be a huge blow if he'd miss the WC.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:49 pm

BILD say that Reus' injury is serious and that he'll miss the WC.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/wm-2014/der-reus-schock-36295258.bild.html

Not just a huge loss for an already injury ridden Germany side, but for the tournament as a whole that is already missing too many of the world's best players.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898
Age : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:29 am

Crying or Very sad 

If it wasn't the injuries, germans would be favourites.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:38 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Crying or Very sad 

If it wasn't the injuries, germans would be favourites.

No, even with everybody fit we would not have been.

Reus was our most in-form player, Bundesliga player of the year again for good reason. I'd go so far to say that he is our best player even, at least on current form. It's not just a huge loss that weakens the team even more and hence makes a good tournament even less likely, he was one of the few things I really looked forward to and was excited about, as I expected him to leave his mark on the tournament.

A real pity, but whatever. Just increases the indifference. I'll be on holidays for most of the crucial parts of the tournament anyway and hence may not even watch a lot of the matches.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by debaser on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:59 am

so much defeatism No

even with injuries, you still got very good chance of having a good run - the draw means you can make the SF without meeting any of the 3 teams most likely to beat you (Brazil/Spain/Italy) & if you make it that far you're gonna be in with a good shot.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:22 am

To be honest: it doesn't really matter if we reach the semis and get knocked out again. That would only mean more years under Löw, more nonsense and no silverware. He'd sell it as a good tournament under the circumstances, everybody will agree and we'll waste another two years minimum.

It's not defeatism, but realism.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:03 am

It's official now: Reus will miss the WC

http://www.dfb.de/news/de/d-fifa-wm/reus-verpasst-wm-loew-nominiert-mustafi-nach/59263.html


Mustafi (central defender) to replace him. Apparently, Löw plans to use Boateng and Höwedes as fullbacks, hence not replacing Reus with a similar player.

Really not sure if that's a good idea though. Höwedes is a central defender, so is Boateng. Although I can see them both doing an ok job on that position, it's far from ideal. I seriously hope that Durm manages to get a starting place, despite his lack of experience. A much better choice than Höwedes, especially if Boateng plays on the other side. We need overlapping runs and genuine width.

Whatever though, I won't get worked up about Löw anymore. That ship has sailed.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by debaser on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:29 am

strange, would've thought Volland would be the one to come in.

I guess Schurrle is most likely to get Reus' starting spot? or will it be Podolski
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:32 am

missing 2 genuine world class player (gündogan, reus) and we will still field a great team, only we and spain are capable of this

BLUT calm down

REUS is a HUGE HUGE BLOW, but we can replace him, maybe not with his strengths, but özil/götze/schürrle or poldi  Mad  will add something different

the attacking positions are not our problem, we have here the best quality depth in world football, FACK off argentina

OUR PROBLEM will be the CENTRAL MIDFIELD ISSUE, and i feel very good about this, now lahm will play in midfield, along with kroos and schweini/khedira, the distribution of tasks was yesterday very clear, and i liked it, khedira was not like an headless chicken, he stayed back


i agree on durm, and i think boateng has no problem with overlapping  Wink 


---------------neuer

boateng-merte-hummels-durm
----------khedira
----lahm/schweini------kroos

müller (schürrle)----klose (müller)------götze/özil/poldi

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:56 am

I'm calm as it gets really. As I said, I'm at a point of almost complete indifference, thanks to Löw.

You are right that central midfield is the bigger isssue and hence missing Gündogan is a bigger loss than missing Reus. What we will miss most is not just Gündogan's brilliant range of passing, his "robustness" / bite and technique. We will miss his ability to speed up the game when necessary, in contrast to Kroos and especially Schweinsteiger who tend to slow down our game unnecessarily often. Gündogan basically ist to Germany what Thiago is to Bayern. Not saying that Kroos and Schweini have to play that way, they just tend to do so often, probably too much tiki-taka over the last few years.

Still, we most definitely will miss Reus' sheer class and versatility. He was on fire for months, one of our very few players who are actually in-form. Where is the enthusiasm supposed to come from? Yes, we can replace him easier because we have so many options in the attacking midfield, but it's his mentality and form that we can not replace, in combination with his footballing ability. Poldi has the mentality and enthusiasm, but not the footballing ability. Draxler has all the ability, but not the mentality. Tja...

However, if anything, there are two reasons to be "optimistic" when it comes to Germany and the WC. First, Löw seems to have understood that this WC will be different and will need a different, more flexible approach. He doesn't seem to just look for quick transitions and counter attacks (>2010), or tiki taka and dominating possession (since 2012), but understands that the climate will make it necessary to conserve energy, maybe even try to absorb pressure over longer periods of time and don't be pro-active for the sake of it.

The second reason is the focus on the defence. If the rumours about a 5-4-1 system are even remotely true (see above), it shows that Löw is willing to solidify the centre at the expense of attacking clout, for the sake of stabilizing the system against counter attacks. Playing Lahm, Schweini / Khedira and  Kroos in a central midfield in a 4-3-3like system like in the first half yesterday is a step in the same direction. The focus seems to be on the defence and centre, and Germany really needs to do that. We'll always be able to score goals with the quality we have up front, but we have to increase the stability.

But whatever, Löw is still Löw. Even if he gets the balance right, there will always be the situation when you need an inspired sub, a tactical change during the match etc. And that's where shit will hit the fan again.


Last edited by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Rosicky on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:58 am

Kroos wrote:

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

 lol! lol! lol! 

No idea what any of this means.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by bluenine on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Kroos wrote:missing 2 genuine world class player (gündogan, reus) and we will still field a great team, only we and spain are capable of this

Dude, you replaced Reus with Mustafi... now Mustafi is reasonably talented, but he is not good enough to make Spain's or Italy's squads, not even close. Even Italy, who I believe are at their weakest in terms of talent in the last 30 years, probably have 40-50 players who would make the squad over Mustafi. Whats going on with that conveyor belt you keep talking about?? Razz
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:52 pm

bluenine wrote:
Kroos wrote:missing 2 genuine world class player (gündogan, reus) and we will still field a great team, only we and spain are capable of this

Dude, you replaced Reus with Mustafi... now Mustafi is reasonably talented, but he is not good enough to make Spain's or Italy's squads, not even close. Even Italy, who I believe are at their weakest in terms of talent in the last 30 years, probably have 40-50 players who would make the squad over Mustafi.  Whats going on with that conveyor belt you keep talking about?? Razz

BLUT already explained it, Löw plans with Lahm in midfield, so we need for the back 4 more options, i still doubt that he will play a single minute, the same goes for ginter and draxler

we are well stocked with attacking talent in this squad, no need to replace reus with another small tiny dribbling genius, i would have prefered lassogga though

there would be also

volland
meyer
hahn
the arsenal guy

as natural reus replacements


btw bad windup, not that i would know who the hell cerci is  lol! 
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I'm calm as it gets really. As I said, I'm at a point of almost complete indifference, thanks to Löw.

You are right that central midfield is the bigger isssue and hence missing Gündogan is a bigger loss than missing Reus. What we will miss most is not just Gündogan's brilliant range of passing, his "robustness" / bite and technique. We will miss his ability to speed up the game when necessary, in contrast to Kroos and especially Schweinsteiger who tend to slow down our game unnecessarily often. Gündogan basically ist to Germany what Thiago is to Bayern. Not saying that Kroos and Schweini have to play that way, they just tend to do so often, probably too much tiki-taka over the last few years.

Still, we most definitely will miss Reus' sheer class and versatility. He was on fire for months, one of our very few players who are actually in-form. Where is the enthusiasm supposed to come from? Yes, we can replace him easier because we have so many options in the attacking midfield, but it's his mentality and form that we can not replace, in combination with his footballing ability. Poldi has the mentality and enthusiasm, but not the footballing ability. Draxler has all the ability, but not the mentality. Tja...

However, if anything, there are two reasons to be "optimistic" when it comes to Germany and the WC. First, Löw seems to have understood that this WC will be different and will need a different, more flexible approach. He doesn't seem to just look for quick transitions and counter attacks (>2010), or tiki taka and dominating possession (since 2012), but understands that the climate will make it necessary to conserve energy, maybe even try to absorb pressure over longer periods of time and don't be pro-active for the sake of it.

The second reason is the focus on the defence. If the rumours about a 5-4-1 system are even remotely true (see above), it shows that Löw is willing to solidify the centre at the expense of attacking clout, for the sake of stabilizing the system against counter attacks. Playing Lahm, Schweini / Khedira and  Kroos in a central midfield in a 4-3-3like system like in the first half yesterday is a step in the same direction. The focus seems to be on the defence and centre, and Germany really needs to do that. We'll always be able to score goals with the quality we have up front, but we have to increase the stability.

But whatever, Löw is still Löw. Even if he gets the balance right, there will always be the situation when you need an inspired sub, a tactical change during the match etc. And that's where shit will hit the fan again.

i see and understand your concerns, but we are still an tournament side

i bet that we will make the semi final, and from this point on you need something else, and most likely LUCK

i don`t agree with you about kroos and schweini, gündogans passing from 2013 was the best and most consistent i`ve seen in a long long time, but it`s also down to Dortmunds football style, kroos and schweini can do the same, but bayern is simply more about possession since van gaal took over


my midfield for the euro 2016 would include all three in the starting 11, would be a wet dream, all three of them would also add steel
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 36
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Didnt know where to post this, here seemed most appropriate. Big news over here: Yank basketball commentator tells Jurgen Klinsmann to "get the hell out of America". Rolling Eyes

Interesting given most Germans think he's an American! Poor Klinsi. American nutjobs.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/michael-wilbon-jurgen-klinsmann


Michael Wilbon thinks Jurgen Klinsmann should 'get out of America'

By: NINA MANDELL June 5, 2014 10:25 pm ET

17k shares

Handout
Jurgen Klinsmann is the coach of the U.S. Men’s National team. His son has committed to playing soccer in America, and he’s lived here since 1998.

But his recent comments in the New York Times Magazine irritated Michael Wilbon so much that he urged the USMNT coach to leave the country on “Pardon The Interruption” Thursday.

“I’ve known Kobe Bryant,” Wilbon said. “And you, Mr. Klinsmann, are no damn Kobe Bryant. I mean seriously, Mr. Klinsmann now wants to tell all of American sports how to work. Get the hell out. Get out of America. If everything here — you want to coach this team fine. You haven’t won anything. You’re so gutless you went out and said ‘oh, our team can’t win, we can’t win.’ You’re supposed to be such a great coach, why are they paying you? They’re apparently paying you for something you did not only yesterday, but somewhere else about 4,000 miles away. I repeat: Get the hell out. When did Klinsmann become an expert on American sports?”

The quote that Wilbon seems to take issue with came when Klinsmann was speaking about the reaction to his decision to cut longtime U.S. star Landon Donovan. From the New York Times Magazine:

“This always happens in America,” Klinsmann told me, waving his hands in the air. “Kobe Bryant, for example — why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?”
Many people may take issue with that, but Wilbon takes it to a different and lower level by saying Klinsmann should leave the country. It’s fine to be mad at Klinsmann. It’s even okay to think he’s not a great choice for the job anymore. But asking him to leave his home isn’t
.





avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Rosicky wrote:
Kroos wrote:

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

 lol! lol! lol! 

No idea what any of this means.

ok do you understand this

UTTER WORLD DOMINATION  lol! 
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 30
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Kroos wrote:missing 2 genuine world class player (gündogan, reus) and we will still field a great team, only we and spain are capable of this


Stop comparing yourselves to Spain (wait until you win 3 tournaments in a row).

Italy lost Montolivo and Rossi and are still capable of fielding a quality side.

The only way Germany could win this tournament is if they avoid Spain, Italy and Brazil.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 30
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Kroos wrote:

---------------neuer

boateng-merte-hummels-durm
----------khedira
----lahm/schweini------kroos

müller (schürrle)----klose (müller)------götze/özil/poldi

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

Honestly that team does not look great. Some good players here and there (gotze, muller and kroos) but the rest are mostly deadwood or facking runners.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:22 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kroos wrote:missing 2 genuine world class player (gündogan, reus) and we will still field a great team, only we and spain are capable of this


Stop comparing yourselves to Spain (wait until you win 3 tournaments in a row).

Italy lost Montolivo and Rossi and are still capable of fielding a quality side.

The only way Germany could win this tournament is if they avoid Spain, Italy and Brazil.

MONTOLIVIO  lol!  most italiens were happy that this guy got injured

well you have a such a hard way, you will met brazil or spain before you can play us, and both are your ANGSTGEGNER
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:25 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kroos wrote:

---------------neuer

boateng-merte-hummels-durm
----------khedira
----lahm/schweini------kroos

müller (schürrle)----klose (müller)------götze/özil/poldi

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

Honestly that team does not look great. Some good players here and there (gotze, muller and kroos) but the rest are mostly deadwood or facking runners.

well, value doesn`t lie (only rooneys  <Ale> )

all our 23 men are worth 562 million, only spain is higher with 630 million

italy is on 7th position with arround 300 million of value
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 36
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Kroos wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kroos wrote:

---------------neuer

boateng-merte-hummels-durm
----------khedira
----lahm/schweini------kroos

müller (schürrle)----klose (müller)------götze/özil/poldi

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

Honestly that team does not look great. Some good players here and there (gotze, muller and kroos) but the rest are mostly deadwood or facking runners.

well, value doesn`t lie (only rooneys  <Ale> )

all our 23 men are worth 562 million, only spain is higher with 630 million

italy is on 7th position with arround 300 million of value

Are you using media valuations of players as the barometer?

Put your keyboard away, switch off your computer and have a lie down.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
Kroos wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kroos wrote:

---------------neuer

boateng-merte-hummels-durm
----------khedira
----lahm/schweini------kroos

müller (schürrle)----klose (müller)------götze/özil/poldi

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

Honestly that team does not look great. Some good players here and there (gotze, muller and kroos) but the rest are mostly deadwood or facking runners.

well, value doesn`t lie (only rooneys  <Ale> )

all our 23 men are worth 562 million, only spain is higher with 630 million

italy is on 7th position with arround 300 million of value

Are you using media valuations of players as the barometer?

Put your keyboard away, switch off your computer and have a lie down.

i don`t understand, for me they are pretty much solid  scratch 
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by bluenine on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Kroos wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Kroos wrote:missing 2 genuine world class player (gündogan, reus) and we will still field a great team, only we and spain are capable of this

Dude, you replaced Reus with Mustafi... now Mustafi is reasonably talented, but he is not good enough to make Spain's or Italy's squads, not even close. Even Italy, who I believe are at their weakest in terms of talent in the last 30 years, probably have 40-50 players who would make the squad over Mustafi.  Whats going on with that conveyor belt you keep talking about?? Razz

BLUT already explained it, Löw plans with Lahm in midfield, so we need for the back 4 more options, i still doubt that he will play a single minute, the same goes for ginter and draxler

we are well stocked with attacking talent in this squad, no need to replace reus with another small tiny dribbling genius, i would have prefered lassogga though

there would be also

volland
meyer
hahn
the arsenal guy

as natural reus replacements

btw bad windup, not that i would know who  the hell cerci is  lol! 

Cerci? Among the crap players in Italy's squad (like Aquilani), you pick on Cerci? I take it all back, lets have some of that WORLD DOMINATION! Razz
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by bluenine on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Kroos wrote:
Isco Benny wrote:
Kroos wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kroos wrote:

---------------neuer

boateng-merte-hummels-durm
----------khedira
----lahm/schweini------kroos

müller (schürrle)----klose (müller)------götze/özil/poldi

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

Honestly that team does not look great. Some good players here and there (gotze, muller and kroos) but the rest are mostly deadwood or facking runners.

well, value doesn`t lie (only rooneys  <Ale> )

all our 23 men are worth 562 million, only spain is higher with 630 million

italy is on 7th position with arround 300 million of value

Are you using media valuations of players as the barometer?

Put your keyboard away, switch off your computer and have a lie down.

i don`t understand, for me they are pretty much solid  scratch 

I think what disco is trying to hint at is that the valuation of a player and his impact in a world cup are not always highly correlated. The money power of the home league makes a big difference. So does age as younger players get higher valuations. For eg, Pirlo's valuation is probably one the lowest in Italy's squad, but he may be the most important player for Italy in the world cup.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:39 pm

It's not the players, it's the manager. If Germany had the right manager, we could have another 5 injuries of key players and still have a realistic chance to win the title. But we don't, so it doesn't matter at all.

I wonder what the "Italians" are gloating about though. I mean, it's just a friendly and all, but even our U17 would have managed to beat Luxembourg. At home.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 30
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
Kroos wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kroos wrote:

---------------neuer

boateng-merte-hummels-durm
----------khedira
----lahm/schweini------kroos

müller (schürrle)----klose (müller)------götze/özil/poldi

good enough, when we bring our horses on the field no one can beat us

THINK BETTER NOT ABOUT IT

Honestly that team does not look great. Some good players here and there (gotze, muller and kroos) but the rest are mostly deadwood or facking runners.

well, value doesn`t lie (only rooneys  <Ale> )

all our 23 men are worth 562 million, only spain is higher with 630 million

italy is on 7th position with arround 300 million of value

Are you using media valuations of players as the barometer?

Put your keyboard away, switch off your computer and have a lie down.

Ozil loves to use his calculator. He has an unhealthy obsession with using coefficients and valuations. He has to quantify everything.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 30
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Kroos wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kroos wrote:missing 2 genuine world class player (gündogan, reus) and we will still field a great team, only we and spain are capable of this


Stop comparing yourselves to Spain (wait until you win 3 tournaments in a row).

Italy lost Montolivo and Rossi and are still capable of fielding a quality side.

The only way Germany could win this tournament is if they avoid Spain, Italy and Brazil.

MONTOLIVIO  lol!  most italiens were happy that this guy got injured

well you have a such a hard way, you will met brazil or spain before you can play us, and both are your ANGSTGEGNER


Say what you want, fact is that Montolivo ripped the German defence apart with 1 simple pass in euro 2012.

avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Didnt know where to post this,  here seemed most appropriate. Big news over here: Yank basketball commentator tells Jurgen  Klinsmann to "get the hell out of America". Rolling Eyes

Interesting  given most Germans  think he's an American!  Poor Klinsi. American nutjobs.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/michael-wilbon-jurgen-klinsmann


Michael Wilbon thinks Jurgen Klinsmann should 'get out of America'

By: NINA MANDELL June 5, 2014 10:25 pm ET

17k shares  

Handout
Jurgen Klinsmann is the coach of the U.S. Men’s National team. His son has committed to playing soccer in America, and he’s lived here since 1998.

But his recent comments in the New York Times Magazine irritated Michael Wilbon so much that he urged the USMNT coach to leave the country on “Pardon The Interruption” Thursday.

“I’ve known Kobe Bryant,” Wilbon said. “And you, Mr. Klinsmann, are no damn Kobe Bryant. I mean seriously, Mr. Klinsmann now wants to tell all of American sports how to work. Get the hell out. Get out of America. If everything here — you want to coach this team fine. You haven’t won anything. You’re so gutless you went out and said ‘oh, our team can’t win, we can’t win.’ You’re supposed to be such a great coach, why are they paying you? They’re apparently paying you for something you did not only yesterday, but somewhere else about 4,000 miles away. I repeat: Get the hell out. When did Klinsmann become an expert on American sports?”

The quote that Wilbon seems to take issue with came when Klinsmann was speaking about the reaction to his decision to cut longtime U.S. star Landon Donovan. From the New York Times Magazine:

“This always happens in America,” Klinsmann told me, waving his hands in the air. “Kobe Bryant, for example — why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?”
Many people may take issue with that, but Wilbon takes it to a different and lower level by saying Klinsmann should leave the country. It’s fine to be mad at Klinsmann. It’s even okay to think he’s not a great choice for the job anymore. But asking him to leave his home isn’t
.






So much about America being a melting pot and immigration country. At the end of the day, Grinsi Klinsi is a kraut and will always remain a kraut to many Americans like that one. Shouldn't have kissed their arse so much.

In the last few years, quite a few "German Americans" (most of them have never even left Germany before and learned everything about the sport here) have been "convinced" to play for the country of their parents and grandparents, thanks to Mr. Klinsmann. So no pity from me there, he can fuck off and give back his German citizenship for all I care.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by bluenine on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:It's not the players, it's the manager. If Germany had the right manager, we could have another 5 injuries of key players and still have a realistic chance to win the title. But we don't, so it doesn't matter at all.

I wonder what the "Italians" are gloating about though. I mean, it's just a friendly and all, but even our U17 would have managed to beat Luxembourg. At home.

Dude, I just said that this Azzurri is probably the least talented squad to represent the country in 30 years. This is not how I gloat.

I'm just trying to convince young Kroos, quite unsuccessfully I might add, that this Germany isn't as great as he is making them out to be. Don't want the young lad to be disappointed again. I don't see Germany as the favorites, neither in terms of talent, nor in terms of chances of winning this world cup. Maybe Germany's chance will come in 4 years time, in Russia.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Kroos on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:12 am

bluenine wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:It's not the players, it's the manager. If Germany had the right manager, we could have another 5 injuries of key players and still have a realistic chance to win the title. But we don't, so it doesn't matter at all.

I wonder what the "Italians" are gloating about though. I mean, it's just a friendly and all, but even our U17 would have managed to beat Luxembourg. At home.

neither in terms of talent

this

 lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol! 


i can live with the rest of your comment, because it`s true in some extent

neuer = world best
lahm = worlds best
merte = in the EPL top 11 of the season
boa/hum = played a CL final and playing on a high level since years
durm = probably NOT the next SANTON  lol! 
kroos/schweini = worlds best
müller/özil/götze = among the worlds best


so thats 10 players who could easily play in every team in the world, and most of them play for 2 World Class TEams (bayern, dortmund)

for example when i look at brazil

the only players who could get into our team are dante, silva, marcelo and after the reus injury neymar

so we have easily the most talented side on the planet, and we are still the youngest side from all top nations, only the sky is the limit, i fully expect us to du a spain in the near future, maybe with JUPP  cheers 


OF COURSE BLUT IS RIGHT about Löws tactical class and playing style, but alone our players makes us one of the top favourites, i am not saying that we are the FAVOURITE

Sponsored content

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:25 am