Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Die Mannschaft aka Jogi's Löwen ;)

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:25 am

kroos and bastian is the worlds best what?

only lahm can claim to be the worlds best at any position, and that's because alves is off form. ( his offensive contribution out weights the fact that lahm is a better defender, the second post assist in la liga behind xavi says it all)

the shine has come off the german talent, that world class but nothing truly special, maybe rues and gotze will be in time though.

but german tends to win, when they don't have the best most talented team, so i guess i'm putting some money on germany
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:32 am

messiah wrote:kroos and bastian is the worlds best what?

only lahm can claim to be the worlds best at any position, and that's because alves is off form. ( his offensive contribution out weights the fact that lahm is a better defender, the second post assist in la liga behind xavi says it all)

the shine has come off the german talent, that world class but nothing truly special, maybe rues and gotze will be in time though.

but german tends to win, when they don't have the best most talented team, so i guess i'm putting some money on germany

yeah the shine has come off  lol!   a german cl final is not so shabby

when we look at club level then yeah, kroos and bastian were the most consistent CM`s in the last years

esspecially kroos, because schweini has still no top form

i agree on the special X FActor, i think Reus had the class and form to be our special player of the tournament

but the only players at young age who had the x factor were messi and ronaldo, so it`s plenty of time for our lads  Wink
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:38 am

messiah wrote:

No, Germany do best when people continue to underestimate them and their players. I could have understood this in 2006 or even in 2010, but not in 2014, when we had an all German CL final in 2013. Bayern, whose players are the spine of this team, have reached the CL final three times since 2010 (with two different managers!) and have been the most consistent club team in that period. Trying to belittle the players and their achievements is plain ridiculous, but for some reason, that's what always seems to happen when it comes to German players.

I'd bet my house that this kind of nonsense wouldn't even be written if we had someone competent like Heynckes in charge of the national team. But what can you do, thanks to Löw, we'll continue to piss away the talent at our proposal, so you can continue with these sermons.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:55 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
messiah wrote:

No, Germany do best when people continue to underestimate them and their players. I could have understood this in 2006 or even in 2010, but not in 2014, when we had an all German CL final in 2013. Bayern, whose players are the spine of this team, have reached the CL final three times since 2010 (with two different managers!) and have been the most consistent club team in that period. Trying to belittle the players and their achievements is plain ridiculous, but for some reason, that's what always seems to happen when it comes to German players.

I'd bet my house that this kind of nonsense wouldn't even be written if we had someone competent like Heynckes in charge of the national team. But what can you do, thanks to Löw, we'll continue to piss away the talent at our proposal, so you can continue with these sermons.

Yeah that's a better way of putting it, I feel you pain with Low as I have Said over the years.

I am just messing with kroos who overrates these german players.

Yes german teams have been to the finals, but ony reus off all the german players who played in them, really impressed. (did i say I love this reus kid even more than gotze, been saying it)

the first time they got their, they got played off the field, the second time, the key german players didn't impress, though they were much better than chelsea, the third time, again the likes of lahm,bastian and so on. didn't have the career moment in a big final. only reus did brilliantly

truth be told they are some of the best players in the world, but not the best. though kroos will die before admitting this.

if we are talking about form, a lot of players a better than their german counterparts now, if we are talking about class the spainish players win, in practically every position.

sorry kroos.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:21 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
messiah wrote:

Since when did club football translate into international performances?

Look at how good the EPL was from 2006-10, yet where were England in those years?

Same for La Liga from 2000-02, yet Spain were no where in euro 2000 or world cup 2002.

The team still relies on shite like Klose, Podolski and Mertesacker and they seem to choke whenever they reach the latter stages. Once again, it will be semi finals and out.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm

How are those players shite???
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Problem with your argument ist that despite Löw's incompetence that has been exposed again and again, Germany has been the most consistent national team since 2006, the year he started as Klinsmann's assistant (first tournament). And in contrast to England, Germany has a rich history of winning international titles and doing consistently well in tournaments.

The players you call "shite" have either had good seasons and won a title with their club after God knows how long, or have an international scoring record that is higher than the whole Italian team combined, and that's no exaggeration.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:24 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Problem with your argument ist that despite Löw's incompetence that has been exposed again and again, Germany has been the most consistent national team since 2006, the year he started as Klinsmann's assistant (first tournament). And in contrast to England, Germany has a rich history of winning international titles and doing consistently well in tournaments.

The players you call "shite" have either had good seasons and won a title with their club after God knows how long, or have an international scoring record that is higher than the whole Italian team combined, and that's no exaggeration.

Germany has been the most consistent team since 2006? What,  more consistent then a team that,  errrr,  won Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012 and runners up in Confeds Cup 2013? Wow,  that's  impressive....Laughing
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
messiah wrote:

Since when did club football translate into international performances?

Look at how good the EPL was from 2006-10, yet where were England in those years?

Same for La Liga from 2000-02, yet Spain were no where in euro 2000 or world cup 2002.

The team still relies on shite like Klose, Podolski and Mertesacker and they seem to choke whenever they reach the latter stages. Once again, it will be semi finals and out.

Dude, don't become the anti-Kroos. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other, there are 50 shades of grey inbetween.

Germany has been producing a lot of talent lately, many of their players are close to world class, and some with the potential to get there. They are not shite, nor are they the best in the world. I don't think they have better talent that Spain at the moment, squad vs squad. IMO, Brasil and Spain are bigger favorites this time than Germany, perhaps even Argentina - for various reasons, not just individual quality. So we are unlikely to see world DOMINATION and utter HUMILIATION just yet.

Also, as Azzurri fans, we know so very well that to win the world cup, the team has to be much more than the sum of individual parts. That is what finally matters. Italy don't have the most talented squad at this world cup when you compare individuals - there are many better. But if they play like we know they can as a team, they could win the world cup, with a little bit of luck.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 am

Isco Benny wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Problem with your argument ist that despite Löw's incompetence that has been exposed again and again, Germany has been the most consistent national team since 2006, the year he started as Klinsmann's assistant (first tournament). And in contrast to England, Germany has a rich history of winning international titles and doing consistently well in tournaments.

Germany has been the most consistent team since 2006? What,  more consistent then a team that,  errrr,  won Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012 and runners up in Confeds Cup 2013? Wow,  that's  impressive....Laughing

Consistent, not best. Where were Spain in 2006? Germany has reached at least the semi-finals of every tournament ever since. And Confederations Cup doesn't count.

That Spain have been the best international team of the last 6 years by some distance is undisputed.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:00 am

bluenine wrote:
Dude, don't become the anti-Kroos. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other, there are 50 shades of grey inbetween.

Germany has been producing a lot of talent lately, many of their players are close to world class, and some with the potential to get there. They are not shite, nor are they the best in the world. I don't think they have better talent that Spain at the moment, squad vs squad. IMO, Brasil and Spain are bigger favorites this time than Germany, perhaps even Argentina - for various reasons, not just individual quality. So we are unlikely to see world DOMINATION and utter HUMILIATION just yet.

Also, as Azzurri fans, we know so very well that to win the world cup, the team has to be much more than the sum of individual parts. That is what finally matters. Italy don't have the most talented squad at this world cup when you compare individuals - there are many better. But if they play like we know they can as a team, they could win the world cup, with a little bit of luck.

Agree with everything, especially the last part. Exactly because Germany is not better than the sum of its parts is the reason why we won't win anything.

Spain have a better squad than us, especially now that we have so many injured players. But that is not the main reason why they are a better team than us. They have someone in charge with winning credentials, someone who knows how to get the best out of his very talented players, even if using their familiarity with possession football to "suffocate" their opponents. It works, Spain haven't conceed a goal in the knock-out stages for ages, they have won everything there is to win.

Brazil is better than the sum of its parts, Italy, too. Not sure about Argentina, but at least they are coached by someone much more competent now. Because of that, they are all more likely to win the WC than Germany is, as I wrote numerous times now.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 am

(Fat) Ronaldo asking 20,000 Brazilian fans in Fortaleza (where the second group match vs. Ghana takes place) to "do their best" so Klose doesn't score in this WC:

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_dfbteam/newspage_903907.html

Oh my, that's desperate. Now I seriously hope that grandad Klose breaks his record and pisses on the parade.  Smile
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:32 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
Isco Benny wrote:

Consistent, not best. Where were Spain in 2006? Germany has reached at least the semi-finals of every tournament ever since. And Confederations Cup doesn't count.

That Spain have been the best international team of the last 6 years by some distance is undisputed.

lol!

OH FFS!

Spain were awesome and got knocked out by the brilliance of Zidane, in the 2nd round I believe. Still 3 cups and one 2nd round is a bit more consistent then 4 fucking Mourinho's.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:43 pm

Fey wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
Isco Benny wrote:

lol!

OH FFS!

Spain were awesome and got knocked out by the brilliance of Zidane, in the 2nd round I believe. Still 3 cups and one 2nd round is a bit more consistent then 4 fucking Mourinho's.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Spain has been more than just consistent, they have been winning everything since 2008. Of course they have been the far more successful team, but who is disputing that?

Still doesn't change anything about Germany being the most consistent team since 2006, when Löw (more or less) took over. That we haven't actually won anything during that period does not speak for the Bundestrainer. It's the longest time a Bundestrainer has been in charge without winning a title in the history of the DFB, no matter how "good" the statistics are. Titles count and nothing else.

To make that last step and win silverware, we need a better coach than Löw, simple as.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:24 pm

You need better players as well, as much as you vank uber zee Bayern spine, their best players arent German. And to turn up with a 36-year old striker is below German par. Dont forget that all the winning German teams had a great striker poacher.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Temperaturen als X-Faktor

Flick rechnet durch die Temperaturen mit einem Einfluss auf das Spiel. Starke Defensive, schnelles Konterspiel - das erwartet der Co-Trainer. Auch damit, dass die Teams früh ein hohes Tempo gehen werden, um ein schnelles Tor zu erzielen, rechnet er.

So Flick (Löw's assistant) expects that the high temperatures will be an "x-factor" in this tournament. He expects teams to focus on the defence and quick counters. He also expects teams to increase the tempo in the beginning to try to score an early goal (and then close shop, I guess).

Well, if Germany try to do that also and don't just focus on possession and "hand ball like" siege of the opposition box, their chances increase tenfold. If, and that's a big IF, Germany manage to be tactically flexible and change formations and tactics seemlessly during the tournament and even matches, they'll have a chance. But being flexible and adapting quickly to new situations is usually what Löw can't do.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Fey wrote:You need better players as well, as much as you vank uber zee Bayern spine, their best players arent German. And to turn up with a 36-year old striker is below German par. Dont forget that all the winning German teams had a great striker poacher.

Bayern's best players are German. This has been more the case this year than it was last year under Heynckes even. I know that you're refering to Robben and Ribery, but Ribery didn't have a good season this year and while Robben has been very good and consistent (so yes, he is one of Bayern's best), the spine of that Bayern team is Neuer - Lahm - Müller, with Schweinsteiger and Kroos playing important roles also - all of them German internationals. If you add the Dortmund players to the mix, the likes of Reus who were voted player of the year despite Bayern's dominance in the league, players like Gündogan and Hummels who offer things Bayern currently don't have, not to mention all the other talented players from other clubs, I seriously would like you to mention any other country bar Spain with this depth of talent.

Klose is old, yes. But he still has a lot to offer to the team, as could be seen in the last friendly before the WC. He isn't just a poacher, but his movement off the ball, his ability to get involved in the passing game are all important traits that still help the team. He'll likely won't be able to play every match in the tournament, at least not for 90 or even more minutes, but he'll add another dimension to our team. We still have the likes of Müller, Götze, Draxler and especially Schürrle for the forward positions. Not natural #9s, yes, but something different, that can be of use depending on the opponent. If anything, not having a first 11 set in stone is an advantage Germany have, not an disadvantage.

But sure, Löw's squad selection could have been better or at least different, he could have added a backup for Klose (Gomez, Volland, Lasogga etc.), he could do a lot of things he doesn't. But it's not the lack of quality players that are his undoing, it's his lack of managerial nous. I look forward to the day we have someone like Klopp in charge of the national team. What would I give for someone with a clear philosophy, someone with street smarts and tactical understanding, someone who doesn't just follow the latest trend, but creates those trends himself. If we had someone like Klopp in charge, all you fuckers would be whining about "boring Germany", just like everybody is whining about the incredible Spaniards. Hats off to them.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Philipp Lahm prepares for his third World Cup in a third role for Germany

Captain may be asked to shore up midfield as Germany seek a first trophy since Euro 96

The idea, Joachim Löw had said, was “to bid Germany farewell with a smile”. Friday’s effortless 6-1 win over Armenia in the last friendly did leave some happy faces behind in Mainz, but the national manager boarded the plane to Brazil with a fresh, deep furrow on his forehead.

On top of other worries, Löw must now make do without Marco Reus, his best attacking midfielder/false No9. The 25-year-old damaged a ligament in an ankle in an innocuous tackle in the centre-circle and was ruled out the next morning. “A dream has burst from one second to the next,” said the Borussia Dortmund player.

If Reus’ absence has not quite punctured Germany’s dream of a first trophy since Euro 96, it certainly added to what has been a fairly deflating build-up. The training camp in south Tyrol started with embarrassing revelations about off-pitch misdemeanours – Löw had lost his drivers’ licence for speeding, Dortmund’s Kevin Groflkreutz had been caught urinating in a Berlin hotel lobby – and was overshadowed throughout by doubts about the fitness of key players like the goalkeeper Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), striker Miroslav Klose (Lazio) midfielders Sami Khedira (Real Madrid) and Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern), and the Germany captain Philipp Lahm.

The injury to Reus was the sort of accident that can happen at any moment, but in the context of the past 10 days it seemed like a cruel, logical punchline.

The upshot of all this has been a very peculiar, unforgiving form of pessimism. Many Germans do not truly expect Die Nationalmannschaft to win the tournament – Löw even had to address questions about a group-stage exit and admitted that “change would be necessary” if that catastrophe came to pass – but at the same time, nobody is prepared to accept that anything but a triumph in the final at the Maracaña on 13 July should be the target.

It is a difficult, almost impossible, starting position, but as it turns out that is just how Lahm likes it. The 30-year-old breezily dismisses the pressure of having no room for error. “I actually really like the fact that expectations are so high,” he says. “Firstly, it’s normal: we have had two third-place finishes and we have try and to improve on that in Brazil. This team has been together for a long time, we have come very far.

“Of course they want us to win the World Cup back home. Maybe it would be easier for us if there were no expectations, if we were able to play with a sense of freedom. But that’s not our reality. I’d much rather be considered one of the favourites than one of the underdogs”.

This sentiment echoes a lifetime in the service of Bayern, the club who consider every single defeat as an embarrassing stain on their reputation. Lahm was 12 years old when he joined the Bundesliga’s record title winners and it would not be an exaggeration to say that the club’s you-have-to-win-everything attitude to the game has seeped deep into Lahm’s psyche.

It’s taken a few years before the tabloid media and the stammtisch (regulars of beer gardens and pubs) really warmed to the small, boyish, quiet full-back. They liked their leaders bigger, harder, brasher. But Champions League success with Bayern in 2013 has opened the remaining detractors’ eyes to Lahm’s unassuming brilliance.

His consistency is so dependable – “he cannot play badly,” Bayern’s assistant coach and mentor Hermann Gerland has said – that serial wins tend to follow by way of natural consequence. There remains but one box to tick, one extra mile to be run. Can he do it, can his Germany do it?

“Yes, I believe so,” Lahm says without a moment’s hesitation. “I have seen how this team has worked in training, and I know that we will work hard and get things done in the next few days. There is enough time for all of us to be at our best against Portugal.”

As a veteran of the 2006 World Cup in Germany, when Bild had campaigned to relieve Jürgen Klinsmann of his command in the wake of disastrous 4-1 defeat to Italy that March, and 2010 in South Africa, when the loss of Michael Ballack to injury just before the tournament was widely interpreted as a harbinger of doom, Lahm knows that his countrymen have a tendency to overdose on angst.

The view from the dressing room is a different one. Much more optimistic. Or realistic, as he would put it. He rattles through the list of players with fitness concerns. Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Khedira: “They will all be all right,” he insists. Lahm himself has come through 45 minutes against Armenia, his first game since picking up an ankle injury in the DFB Cup final against Dortmund at the end of May, with no complaints. But he had expected that. “I wasn’t worried. When you’ve played the whole season it doesn’t take you long to get back to full fitness”.

Only the unfortunate Reus will fail to make it. “It’s a real shame for him and for us,” Lahm says. “But we are lucky to have other options in those positions.” Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, who had become a forgotten man in the last couple of years, has reappeared just in time, looking sharp and ready to fill the void on the left.

The problems in preparation have brought with them signs of a new, attractive narrative, that of the team finding togetherness in the face of adversity. Lahm, however, shoots down this notion. “I don’t see it that way at all. I have found a great team spirit here from the moment I joined up with the squad,” he says. The true test, in any case, will come later. “We will have to see how people will react when they don’t play in the tournament”.

At Euro 2012, discontent within the ranks was one of the many reasons why Germany fell short. Under Löw’s enlightened, stylistically uncompromising guidance, the norm has been turned on its head. Efficiency in the opposition box and defensive rigidity, two basic traits that Germany could always fall back upon, have become scarce commodities.

Lahm agrees that there is a need to balance reative capacity with more protection for the back four – “The mix needs to be right, we have to be a lot more careful in the way we switch from possession into defending” – but feels that the efficiency debate is in itself proof of progress.

“I remember times when we would struggle to create any chances, even against so-called minnows,” he says. “You only miss many chances when you create many chances. It’s actually a sign that things are going well.”

Talk of a lack of determination in the generation of technical players that have changed the face of German football – Özil and Götze – was also misguided, he adds. “Of course the younger players need to learn but when you don’t win as a German footballer people are always quick doubt your determination. Me and Bastian Schweinsteiger have had to face up to that debate for ever.”

Nevertheless, a bit more of an attacking threat would not go amiss. “We might not get many chances against teams like Portugal or Ghana, who will defend quite deep. Scoring first changes everything. It makes everything easier for us. I’m sure the attackers will work on that in training.”

For all his confidence, there is one rather important detail Lahm does not yet know: his position on the pitch. Pep Guardiola has redeployed him in central midfield at Bayern; the transformation has been such an unqualified success that Löw is weighing up the idea.

Then again, he might need him more on the right side of the back four, the area that Cristiano Ronaldo will try to attack in Salvador next Monday. “You would have to ask the manager, it’s not my job to make these considerations public,” Lahm says. “But I played the last test game before the World Cup in midfield, so I’d expect to play there in the competition as well.”

Maybe Löw could switch him round, according to the specific needs of each game? “It’s possible, but I have to say that it’s not easy for a player to keep changing.”

Lahm’s problem is that his performances have tended to contradict that assertion. He starred on the left in 2006, excelled on the right in 2010, and nobody believes he is capable of anything less if he were to play in a central role over the next few weeks. It will be fascinating, not least because moving Germany’s one undeniable world-class player over the last decade into the middle would amount to an admission of sorts. The solution to the malaise in defensive midfield has been staring him in the face all along, with a steely, youthful smile.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/09/philipp-lahm-germany-world-cup
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:31 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:in his birthday, Klose danced and celebrated with Pataxó Indians from Bahia. Nice.  Very Happy 

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/selecoes/alemanha/noticia/2014/06/aniversariante-do-dia-klose-entra-na-roda-e-comemora-com-indios-na-bahia.html

The German was probably just surveying their land. Rolling Eyes 
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 pm

The Bahia people apparently have been extremely welcoming and nice. Those Indians performed a "good luck" dance after the first training in Brazil today. The team will need it, not just Klose...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:13 pm

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:14 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:The Bahia people apparently have been extremely welcoming and nice. Those Indians performed a "good luck" dance after the first training in Brazil today. The team will need it, not just Klose...

Brazilian people are usually welcoming people, especially in the North (Southern Brazilians are more reserved and cold).

By the way, I'm a Baiano from Salvador (the capital of Bahia State).

The place where the Germans are now is where the Portuguese first arrived in 1500, where Brazil was born.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Blut, some of those Indian girls are quite pretty. They did the good luck dance, and tonight I'm feeling they will do the mating dance to beat the strenght out of the Germans.  Wink 
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Well there is a history of Germans being welcomed into South America.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Here you're acquiring the support of the fans of the most popular football club in the Northeast of Brazil: Bahia.

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Kimbo wrote:Well there is a history of Germans being welcomed into South America.

lol! 

Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 am

messiah wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
messiah wrote:

Yes german teams have been to the finals, but ony reus off all the german players who played in them, really impressed. (did i say I love this reus kid even more than gotze, been saying it)

the first time they got their, they got played off the field, the second time, the key german players didn't impress, though they were much better than chelsea, the third time, again the likes of lahm,bastian and so on. didn't have the career moment in a big final. only reus did brilliantly

truth be told they are some of the best players in the world, but not the best. though kroos will die before admitting this.

if we are talking about form, a lot of players a better than their german counterparts now, if we are talking about class the spainish players win, in practically every position.

sorry kroos.

you overrate the spanish players (i know they won everything, but they are like roger federer, they simply had for years no real threat) , look at barca, they were tactical many years ahead, and when teams like united and mous madrid where there only threat, you know what i am talking about  Laughing 

or germany 2008 the worst german team to ever played a final
2010 was also very lucky, you should have lost against portugal and against netherlands

right now germany has more talented players in almost every position, especially in central midfield, where gündogan and kroos built the spear head of all young CM`s in the world, thiago has become the bitch of kroos, outshone in every big game

reus and müller far ahead of any wide player spain has ever produced

the only position where spain is better is costa, but no one knows how he will perform with possession style and btw he is crocked, my money is on klose

ramos is still a shit defender, only because he scores goals makes him not good at defending

when i look at our euro 2016 and wc 2018 team, i fully expect 11 world class players in the starting 11

------------------neuer
lahm-hummels-boateng-durm
---------schweinsteiger
kroos--------gündogan
müller---gomez---reus

bench: özil, götze, merte, schürrle, höwedes, khedira, geis, kramer, bender, bender, draxler, lasogga, meyer, goretzka, can, brandt,

you will see it, germanys current top generation (özil, hummels) hasn`t even peaked yet
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:40 am

Schweinsteiger and Özil likely to be benched in the first group match vs. Portugal, Kroos to start:

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_dfbteam/artikel_904323.html

Lahm likely to play in the central midfield in this tournament. A more defensive minded central midfield triangle of Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Khedira against strong opposition is being speculated also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 am