WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Share
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by fcb on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 am

Didn't see a thread for this yet.

Uruguay won big against Chile last night, Suarez with all 4 goals. They're top of the table now, ahead of Argentina who had another disappointing result, drawing 1-1 at home against Bolivia. I watched most of the 1st half, and their problem is clear to see - the individual players are talented, but because of the huge turnover in coaches, and constant changes in the playing 11, there's no cohesiveness or patterns in their play. So many times Higuain or Messi or Pastore will produce a brilliant piece of skill or play a clever pass, but the intended recipient won't expect it.

But their biggest problem seems to be something that every coach is making the mistake of repeating. Picking Martin Demichelis in central defense. Abso-fucking-lutely inexplicable how this clown always plays, but Coloccini doesn't. Heck, even put Mascherano there as a CB ahead of Demichelis. Here's another classic moment from him in yesterday's game:

avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Rosicky on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Argentina are gonna seriously struggle to qualify if they cant beat Bolivia at home! Going to be tight.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by fcb on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah but everyone has had inconsistent results so far. I think they'll scrape through as usual. Brazil not being there is a big help, because the Argentinian fans won't have to worry about direct comparisons.
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Rosicky on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:34 pm

I am sure they will qualify 5/9 is ridiculous easy %. Even those fuckos from Peru should make it to 2014.
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Rosicky on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm

1-0 Colombia vs Argentina

HT.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by messiah on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:33 pm

-----Romero----------------------
----Zabaleta---Burdisso---Fernandez----Clemente--
----Sosa-------Mascherano--Brana-------Guinazu----
----------------Messi--------Higuain----------------

total shit
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Jaime on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:59 am

I don't even know who half those Arg players are.... Yikes

Pulled it out in the end but only just.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by messiah on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 am

Jaime wrote:I don't even know who half those Arg players are.... Yikes

Pulled it out in the end but only just.

the midfielders are sebella's old boys from estudiantes
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Puro on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Argentina HAD TO get them points they lost at home, and they did well. Colombia in serious trouble already losing five points out of six at home. The way to Brasil 2014 is to win all your home matches and 'steal' a point here and there on the road. Tough, tough, so tough the qualifiers are for everyone. Who will resist the marathon?
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Uruguay 1-1 Venezuela (forlan and Godin OG)
Bolivia 0-2 Chile (Aranguiz and Vidal)

Argentina Vs Ecuador About to kick off

XI for argentina

---------------Romero

--Zabeleta---Garay--Fernandez---Clemente

-------------Masch---Gago

----Di Maria----Messi------Kun

----------------Higuain
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by messiah on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 pm

actually is seems like some shitty 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 mess

when did argentina stop producing good coaches, while pekerman is improving Columbia with every passing match
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:02 am

2-0 to argentina, Kun and Higuain, Di maria and Messi with the assist respectively.

Messi has been involved with everything good for argentina, playing in the hole, but the team looks shit, they just have the best forwards in world football to cover it up.

Messi with a 3rd, assist Higs
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by messiah on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:11 am

the forwards are papering over the weakness in argentina's team, but if they should play even england they would get their ass handed to them
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by messiah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:24 am

Columbia 1-0 Peru
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:45 am

Oh dear. I hope Peru aren't going to let everyone down again No

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Peru done pretty good in the Copa America,I hope they qualify for the WC along with Columbia,Venuzela,us(Uruguay),Argentina and Chile.Obviously Brazil will automatically qualify.
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Rosicky on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote:Peru done pretty good in the Copa America,I hope they qualify for the WC along with Columbia,Venuzela,us(Uruguay),Argentina and Chile.Obviously Brazil will automatically qualify.

lol!

You do realise there cant be SEVEN out of ten South American teams at the World Cup.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Rosicky wrote:
Justice for Goldado wrote:Peru done pretty good in the Copa America,I hope they qualify for the WC along with Columbia,Venuzela,us(Uruguay),Argentina and Chile.Obviously Brazil will automatically qualify.

lol!

You do realise there cant be SEVEN out of ten South American teams at the World Cup.

scratch

Count again the jokes on you. lol!

Also remember it's 6 teams that will play in the next World Cup because it's in Brazil,Brazil get a automatic place because they are the host.
avatar
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

actually you're wrong, 32 teams will play in the next World Cup, and not just because it's in Brazil (us)

us (Peru) + us (Columbia) + us (Venuzela) + us (Uruguay) + us (Argentina) + us (Chile) + us (Brazil) = 7.

avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

debaser wrote:Oh dear. I hope Peru aren't going to let everyone down again No

Debbie, football is so unfair sometimes. Yes, we were missing seven starters: Goalie Butrón or even "Superman" Fernández the second goalie, central defenders Rodríguez and Acasiete, right back Guizasola, Farfán, Vargas, and Pizarro.

Some fucking time for the injuries eh! FUCK!

Even so, the subs played well, Penny our third goalie played well although the only one Colombian shot on goal and he couldn't save it. And, this chance came after Revoredo (why were you injured Guizasola! WHY!!!) made a mess of a clearance by first slicing it and slipping.

Carrillo (the one who came in for Farfán) choked and missed an incredible sitter like Rooney, FFS!

Ramírez had one shot that was going in, but graced Mosquera's face and that was enough for the ball to just go inches wide.

Then Guerrero (WHAT A PLAYER!) had a shot on goal that was saved by the face of the Colombian goalie. I'm forgetting one more clear chance among several other approximations.

Colombia played like Chelsea/England/Rubin Kazan...took their chance, their goal coming from a Peruvian defender's error (Revoredo...FUCK YOU!) and then prayed to hang on for dear life.

FOOTBALL! FUCKING HELL!
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote:Peru done pretty good in the Copa America,I hope they qualify for the WC along with Columbia,Venuzela,us(Uruguay),Argentina and Chile.Obviously Brazil will automatically qualify.

Only six teams go, Worms. I say "only" six because I see so much European shite in the World Cups go at the expense of the more deserving CONMEBOL's 7th, 8th, and 9th team who arguably can do a much better job than all the Euro shite combined.

avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:27 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
debaser wrote:Oh dear. I hope Peru aren't going to let everyone down again No

Debbie, football is so unfair sometimes. Yes, we were missing seven starters: Goalie Butrón or even "Superman" Fernández the second goalie, central defenders Rodríguez and Acasiete, right back Guizasola, Farfán, Vargas, and Pizarro.

Some fucking time for the injuries eh! FUCK!

Even so, the subs played well, Penny our third goalie played well although the only one Colombian shot on goal and he couldn't save it. And, this chance came after Revoredo (why were you injured Guizasola! WHY!!!) made a mess of a clearance by first slicing it and slipping.

Carrillo (the one who came in for Farfán) choked and missed an incredible sitter like Rooney, FFS!

Ramírez had one shot that was going in, but graced Mosquera's face and that was enough for the ball to just go inches wide.

Then Guerrero (WHAT A PLAYER!) had a shot on goal that was saved by the face of the Colombian goalie. I'm forgetting one more clear chance among several other approximations.

Colombia played like Chelsea/England/Rubin Kazan...took their chance, their goal coming from a Peruvian defender's error (Revoredo...FUCK YOU!) and then prayed to hang on for dear life.

FOOTBALL! FUCKING HELL!

It's a cruel game. Still, early days. You can get there yet. I want to see Peru in the World Cup for the first time while I've been alive ok
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Euro shite England beat Colombia 98, Argentina 2002, Paraguay 2006.

Face it, after Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and recently Chile, the rest of SA nations are shite cannon fodder at World Cups. The results prove it.

Remember Pele tipping Colombia to win USA94? Laugh
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Rosicky on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote:
Rosicky wrote:
Justice for Goldado wrote:Peru done pretty good in the Copa America,I hope they qualify for the WC along with Columbia,Venuzela,us(Uruguay),Argentina and Chile.Obviously Brazil will automatically qualify.

lol!

You do realise there cant be SEVEN out of ten South American teams at the World Cup.

scratch

Count again the jokes on you. lol!


You utter mong. Very Happy

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

O shit ye I forgot were I mentioned Peru at the start of the sentance. Laughing

Ok I will take out Columbia even though I like them.

Peru,Venezula,us(Uruguay),Argentina,Brazil and Chile. Ale
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Euro shite England beat Colombia 98, Argentina 2002, Paraguay 2006.

Face it, after Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and recently Chile, the rest of SA nations are shite cannon fodder at World Cups. The results prove it.

Remember Pele tipping Colombia to win USA94? Laugh

In 2010 WC, the only European teams with a decent showing were España (ref aided), Netherlands (ref aided), Germany and Portugal. The rest were shite! TFS!

America had Brasil (robbed against the Dutchies), Argentina (innocent against counterattacking sour krauts), Uruguay (robbed against the Dutchies), Paraguay (robbed against España), Chile (unlucky to face Brasil, the only team who could beat them!), USA, and México. All these teams with a decent showing albeit disappointing at the end with all the theft some of them suffered by the Eurocentric corrupt FIFA so bent on having one of its teams win in South Africa after they panicked seeing how every single Euro was getting KO in the group stages by American teams.

Oh FIFA went to work over time alright in the KO stages especially for Spain and the Dutchies. But you wouldn't know that, the little details (yet significant!) in the game escape you. TFS!


Last edited by PuroReturns on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Euro shite England beat Colombia 98, Argentina 2002, Paraguay 2006.

Face it, after Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and recently Chile, the rest of SA nations are shite cannon fodder at World Cups. The results prove it.

Remember Pele tipping Colombia to win USA94? Laugh

Just like Paraguay in the last world cup who got to the QF and give us(Spain) the toughest test we faced in the whole tournament,we really rode our luck in that game.If Cardoza scored that penalty and that sitter he missed we probaly would have went out.

I think SA deserve one more team in every world cup,but not at the expense of Europe,at the expense of a African team.Lets face it African teams apart from Ghana are absolutely crap,even last time when the world cup was on home soil every African team apart from Ghana was an embarrassment.They are decades behind Europe,SA and even East Asian teams when it comes to football.

I would MUCH rather watch a team like Peru,Venezula or Columbia instead of a team like Ivory Coast or Cameroon who apart from one or 2 quality players are awful as a team.
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Rosicky on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Worms, the clue is in the name. Its the World Cup not the South American and European Cup.


worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Euro shite England beat Colombia 98, Argentina 2002, Paraguay 2006.

Face it, after Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and recently Chile, the rest of SA nations are shite cannon fodder at World Cups. The results prove it.

Remember Pele tipping Colombia to win USA94? Laugh

In 2010 WC, the only European teams with a decent showing were España (ref aided), Netherlands (ref aided), Germany and Portugal. The rest were shite! TFS!

America had Brasil (robbed against the Dutchies), Argentina (innocent against counterattacking sour krauts), Uruguay (robbed against the Dutchies), Paraguay (robbed against España), Chile (unlucky to face Brasil, the only team who could beat them!), USA, and México. All these teams with a decent showing albeit disappointing at the end with all the theft some of them suffered by the Eurocentric corrupt FIFA so bent on having one of its teams win in South Africa after they panicked seeing how every single Euro was getting KO in the group stages by American teams.

Oh FIFA went to work over time alright in the KO stages especially for Spain and the Dutchies. But you wouldn't know that, the little details (yet significant!) in the game escapes you. TFS!

Puro the only person who robbed Paraguay when they played us was Cardoza.The ref robbed us(Uruguay) against Ghana,they were allowed to injure our players,get away with 2 blatant penaltys against them and dive to win the freekick which led to Suarez's incident.
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote:
Just like Paraguay in the last world cup who got to the QF and give us(Spain) the toughest test we faced in the whole tournament,we really rode our luck in that game.If Cardoza scored that penalty and that sitter he missed we probaly would have went out.

I think SA deserve one more team in every world cup,but not at the expense of Europe,at the expense of a African team.Lets face it African teams apart from Ghana are absolutely crap,even last time when the world cup was on home soil every African team apart from Ghana was an embarrassment.They are decades behind Europe,SA and even East Asian teams when it comes to football.

I would MUCH rather watch a team like Peru,Venezula or Columbia instead of a team like Ivory Coast or Cameroon who apart from one or 2 quality players are awful as a team.

Europe sends so much shite it's unbelievable. The fraud from FIFA is that they count over fifty teams. For me Europe only has TWENTY TEAMS and they get to send 13 and sometimes 14 teams to the WC's. That's over 70% of their teams.

I don't count the amateur teams like Andorra, Liechtenstein, Azerbaijan and the shite teams like Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales as part of any decent competition.

Our very worst Bolivia would KO any of that shite in a home and home series. TFS!

Sponsored content

Re: WC 2014 - CONMEBOL qualifiers

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:45 am