Blatter gate

Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Blatter gate

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:26 pm

I don't know, but the fact you're trying to justify the attack leaves a lot to be desired...

Kazim Kazim and Melo have also been there longer.... Plus, Eboue has not suffered this form of abuse in any other game.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:31 pm

No, what leaves a lot to be desired is your comprehension skills.

I have pointed out that this is not necessarily down to race, a conclusion you seem too happy to quickly jump to, despite statements from the very article you posted, not indicating what you conclude.

How the fuck that equates to me 'justifying' the attack, is baffling Doh

And yes, it's not surprising that Eboue doesn't suffer abuse in other games until now - big derby match, pick on the opposition's weak link?

To answer my own question, it could have been because Eboue is close to fans on the touchline/corner, but the other two play in the middle.
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm

That’s enough anti-racist blather about Blatter

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/11585/

spiked Blush
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Kazim Kazim is Turkish Kas, so why would they be racist towards a fellow Turk? I is confused.

Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Allez les rouges wrote: That’s enough anti-racist blather about Blatter

spiked Blush

Indeed, it is striking how much this affair has been a very British kerfuffle, largely ignored by the rest of planet football. A few cynics have suggested this is to do with settling scores with Blatter over the fiasco of England’s humiliated bid for the 2018 World Cup. No doubt. But more broadly it is also about seizing the opportunity to show that Britain can still lead the world on the moral high ground, if not on the football pitch. That is a dangerous game, inviting others to point out that it was the allegation of racism against England’s captain that kicked all of this off in the first place. Those who live by the sword of self-righteousness can perish by it, too.

The England Captain that is being investigated by the police and could be criminally convicted?

Is Mick Hume a retard?

I think he must be.

Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:Kazim Kazim is Turkish

Rolling Eyes
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote: That’s enough anti-racist blather about Blatter

spiked Blush

Indeed, it is striking how much this affair has been a very British kerfuffle, largely ignored by the rest of planet football. A few cynics have suggested this is to do with settling scores with Blatter over the fiasco of England’s humiliated bid for the 2018 World Cup. No doubt. But more broadly it is also about seizing the opportunity to show that Britain can still lead the world on the moral high ground, if not on the football pitch. That is a dangerous game, inviting others to point out that it was the allegation of racism against England’s captain that kicked all of this off in the first place. Those who live by the sword of self-righteousness can perish by it, too.

The England Captain that is being investigated by the police and could be criminally convicted?

Is Mick Hume a retard?

I think he must be.

scratch Rolling Eyes
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Well, is he?

Blatter says there is no racism (in football). He says Blatter "has a reasonable point". Is he retarded?

He says that what is said on the pitch is not the same as real life. "we do not treat somebody kicking us on the football pitch in the same way as we would if it happened in the street. So why should what they say be any different?"

- Is this the worst argument I've ever heard for why certain forms of abuse and indeed assaults should be accepted as part of the game? I think it is. For a start it's factually wrong - intended assault on the football pitch IS treated in the same way as on the street if the other player decides to press charges. Just like in real life. And just like in real life, if someone kicks you accidentally whilst you're both running to get the tube in the morning, a charge of assault is far less likely to occur.

Duncan Ferguson was jailed for headbutting another player in the face. Lord knows Roy Keane deserved to be jailed for ruining Haaland's career, but sadly Haaland didn't press charges. Again, is he retarded?

I could go on, and I would if I had time.

It's not a balanced article, it's yet another intellectual scoff at the extremities of the reaction (the man on talksport, the PM getting involved) instead of focussing on the simple fact that IT DOESN'T really matter what the reasons for highlighting Blatter's gaff: a man in his position simply should not or cannot be making trivialised comments like that, and should be brought to task over it. If he were the CEO of any vaguely reputable Company, he'd have been fired. That he hasn't doesn't mean he should be made to squirm.

Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Kas has never been to Turkish stadiums, has he?

It's just about the worst.

Fuck the politically correct. People differentiating the pure blacks from the more acceptable brownish toned ones is a valid concern again. This is the kind of hypocrisy at root of racism.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:31 am

fcb wrote:No, what leaves a lot to be desired is your comprehension skills.

I have pointed out that this is not necessarily down to race, a conclusion you seem too happy to quickly jump to, despite statements from the very article you posted, not indicating what you conclude.

How the fuck that equates to me 'justifying' the attack, is baffling Doh

And yes, it's not surprising that Eboue doesn't suffer abuse in other games until now - big derby match, pick on the opposition's weak link?

To answer my own question, it could have been because Eboue is close to fans on the touchline/corner, but the other two play in the middle.

I'm not even going to pick through this.

How you can try justifying this as anything other than a race attack is beyond me. It's alright though.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 am

Fade out wrote:Kas has never been to Turkish stadiums, has he?

It's just about the worst.

Fuck the politically correct. People differentiating the pure blacks from the more acceptable brownish toned ones is a valid concern again. This is the kind of hypocrisy at root of racism.

Agreed 100%

Obama, Halle Berry, Beyonce, Thierry Henry, Lewis Hamilton, Colin Powell.... you can go on and on. However Eboue does not help himself with his histrionics.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 am

AND it makes it a nightmare when compiling White v Black World XIs. Not that Theo has much chance of making the cut anyway.
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 am

Noah und der Bale wrote:Well, is he?

Blatter says there is no racism (in football). He says Blatter "has a reasonable point". Is he retarded?

He says that what is said on the pitch is not the same as real life. "we do not treat somebody kicking us on the football pitch in the same way as we would if it happened in the street. So why should what they say be any different?"

- Is this the worst argument I've ever heard for why certain forms of abuse and indeed assaults should be accepted as part of the game? I think it is. For a start it's factually wrong - intended assault on the football pitch IS treated in the same way as on the street if the other player decides to press charges. Just like in real life. And just like in real life, if someone kicks you accidentally whilst you're both running to get the tube in the morning, a charge of assault is far less likely to occur.

Duncan Ferguson was jailed for headbutting another player in the face. Lord knows Roy Keane deserved to be jailed for ruining Haaland's career, but sadly Haaland didn't press charges. Again, is he retarded?

I could go on, and I would if I had time.

It's not a balanced article, it's yet another intellectual scoff at the extremities of the reaction (the man on talksport, the PM getting involved) instead of focussing on the simple fact that IT DOESN'T really matter what the reasons for highlighting Blatter's gaff: a man in his position simply should not or cannot be making trivialised comments like that, and should be brought to task over it. If he were the CEO of any vaguely reputable Company, he'd have been fired. That he hasn't doesn't mean he should be made to squirm.

I don't think you either get it or have a sufficiently developed bullshit detector.
‘There is no racism, there is maybe one of the players towards another, he has a word or a gesture which is not the correct one. But also the one who is affected by that, he should say that this is a game. We are in a game, and at the end of the game, we shake hands, and this can happen, because we have worked so hard against racism and discrimination.’

Could these three badly constructed sentences have been the cause of such general we-can’t-believe-our-ears! hysteria for the past week? What was all that really about?

Blatter is clearly wrong to suggest that serious instances of racial abuse should be shrugged off. Equally, his remarks are neither as offensive as has been made out nor, in their cack-handed inarticulacy, without merit, in that the problem of racism, particularly in the UK, is indeed vanishingly small compared to what it was, and besides that the vast majority of instances of abuse on the pitch can and should be dealt with without resort to litigious attempts at restitution. We all know that things infinitely worse than (the rather distasteful) Luis Suarez calling (the rather distasteful) Patrice Evra a "negrito" or whatever have rightly usually never kicked up such a shitstorm of blather as this. Like it or not, vicious verbal gamesmanship has always been part of the game, not something to end up in the courts at the earliest opportunity.

You can spin it whichever way you like, and refuse to agree with or even understand the point about the scapegoating of the working-class proles who are being priced out and airbrushed out of the game, but the points are relevant. It has always been the case that a "nasty elbow" while competing for a set-piece is NOT treated the same as the equivalent assault on the street (I can't imagine anyone who's been punched in the face would appreciate the comparison), and rightly so.

It is not those who are suggesting that this is not as clear-cut as those who scream "evil racist, he must go" who are unbalanced here. NO ONE is suggesting it's a good idea to dismiss genuine instances of racist abuse. But whether you like it or not the instrumentalization of football to promote political agendas is also at work in this whole debate.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 am

And 10 months later Anton Ferdinand is roundly criticised for refusing to Shake EBJT's hand and that of Uncle Tom/House Nigga Ashley Cole. Gotta love the hypocrisy Ale
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:And 10 months later Anton Ferdinand is roundly criticised for refusing to Shake EBJT's hand and that of Uncle Tom/House Nigga Ashley Cole. Gotta love the hypocrisy Ale

I find him taking the moral high ground a bit lame, he behaved like a twat aswell. I don't blame him for not wanting to shake Terry's hand though, just as I wouldn't blame Terry if he had avoided the handshake.
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Blacks are so faddy, soon enough not shaking hands will stop being cool and they'll be on to the next thing. Wearing trousers with the waistband around your shins, acoustic dubstep or knitting.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Shouldn't we have progressed on to knuckle-touching or something by now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:34 pm