El Clásico: Real Madrid v Barcelona

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: El Clásico: Real Madrid v Barcelona

Post by messiah on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Seems as if lass will start at RB and The 30m leftback in midfield.

I remember writing last season that we should try playing messi on the left and someone else has the false 9, against madrid has it will render Jose's plans of a defensive 3 with Alonso/Pepe basically man marking Messi ineffective and it seems kas front 3 is right, but what I don't want to see is Villa in that front 3, we need someone like him/pedro for their pressing.

if that's indeed the attacking 3, I am a bit worried, but lets see if it will work, messi playing on the left will pin back Marcelo and require pepe or one of the dmeds to cover him, which will open up more space in the middle, cesc will play a big part in this game.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 pm

I would be happy to see Alexis-Cesc-Messi as the front 3 too. Alexis will give the Madrid LB a real problem, and gives more in-game tactical flexibility to Pep. Then again, he's more likely to have an impact off the bench than Villa would.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 pm

messiah wrote:Seems as if lass will start at RB and The 30m leftback in midfield.

I remember writing last season that we should try playing messi on the left and someone else has the false 9, against madrid has it will render Jose's plans of a defensive 3 with Alonso/Pepe basically man marking Messi ineffective and it seems kas front 3 is right, but what I don't want to see is Villa in that front 3, we need someone like him/pedro for their pressing.

if that's indeed the attacking 3, I am a bit worried, but lets see if it will work, messi playing on the left will pin back Marcelo and require pepe or one of the dmeds to cover him, which will open up more space in the middle, cesc will play a big part in this game.

Well the trivote is for Messi no doubt but it is just as much to try and disrupt Iniesta and Xavi. I've always thought if you isolated Messi against one of the fullbacks (particularly Marcelo as kas was suggesting yesterday) that he would run riot.

I haven't seen anything about Lass/Arbeloa for right back as yet. Arbeloa is very disciplined and especially if Ronaldo ,who won't do any tracking back, is playing on the right I think Arbeloa would be the better option.
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Four hours to go! cheers

Some lunch right now then three to go. Biggrin <Ale>
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:18 pm

I might actually miss the clasico Grr
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:25 pm

need the line up NOW, i only watch it when özil starts

otherwise i have better things to do
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:26 pm

messiah wrote:love this guys two articles on messi and ronaldo, he is clearly trolling, but it so funny

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/993980/alexander-netherton:-cristiano-ronaldo-is-a-nietzschean-superman?cc=3888

What a twat. Could he be anymore up Ronaldo's ass with that frankly sickeningly pretentious soliloquy.

Ronaldo killed God. Jesus.

The bit about Ronaldo's United being the first and only irresistible English team in the CL. The 1999 team was far more exciting and irresisitible than the one Ronaldo played in.

Gay Ale
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:24 pm

How many defenders and DMs is Mou playing today? Looks like it is going to be at least 7.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Kroos wrote:need the line up NOW, i only watch it when özil starts

otherwise i have better things to do

Ozil is going to be on the bench but Khedira will start. Biggrin

Murray wrote:How many defenders and DMs is Mou playing today? Looks like it is going to be at least 7.

It will most likely be 7. Sad
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Mou is such a pussy, Real shouldn't be that negative at home against anybody.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

They won't be negative, at least not as much as previous games. I think he will go for a phased approach - start with high pressure and a high line, not allowing Barça to settle. Then gradually go deeper and more conservative (attacking only on the counter), since a draw is just fine for Madrid.

I was pretty down about this game over the past couple of weeks, but I think our players will raise their game tonight. We're gonna win, fucking come on!
Puro

Post by Puro on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Oh SHITE! Here come Barça entering the Bernabéu. Whoop
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:47 pm

fcb wrote:They won't be negative, at least not as much as previous games. I think he will go for a phased approach - start with high pressure and a high line, not allowing Barça to settle. Then gradually go deeper and more conservative (attacking only on the counter), since a draw is just fine for Madrid.

I was pretty down about this game over the past couple of weeks, but I think our players will raise their game tonight. We're gonna win, fucking come on!

i am actually quite worried that we are going to go into the match with this attitude that a draw is ok and it will come back to bite us in the ass.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Is Ozil another overhyped German then?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:Is Ozil another overhyped German then?

Yes!!! cheers

There's been another "story" doing the rounds that Mourinho caught Ozil making the "he's crazy" gesture to Jose during the match against Ajax midweek and that now the "divorce is total". Laughing
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:01 pm

The Real Madrid team bus arriving to the Santiago Bernabeu!

Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Mental.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 pm

CONFIRMED:

Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi y Alexis
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:09 pm

CONFIRMED:

Casillas, Lass, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Xabi Alonso, Coentrão, Di María, Özil, Cristiano Ronaldo, y Benzema

NO TRIVOTE! Shocked
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Looks like Kross will be watching then.
Puro

Post by Puro on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Very interesting lineup by Mourinho. Will they be parking the bus? Coentrao as RB? scratch

I would make sure Messi and Sánchez attack Madrid's fullbacks and drive the sword right down their throats with Fábregas as false 9. cheers

Last edited by Puro on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Well well, we have some surprises then. No Khedira, but Ozil instead...Coentrao in the middle will be interesting. Lass against Alexis should in theory be a big plus for Barça.

For Barça, as posted earlier, I had a feeling that Villa would be benched. With Alexis starting, we have width as well as work-rate, and it gives Guardiola the ability to easily change from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3 or even 3-5-2 when he wants.

Bit harsh on Mascherano, but I suppose Guardiola prefers Pique's slightly better on-the-ball ability.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 pm

SUPLENTES / BENCH: Adán, Albiol, Arbeloa, Khedira, Kaká, Callejón & Higuaín.

SUPLENTES / BENCH: Pinto, Mascherano, Maxwell, Keita, Thiago, Pedro & Villa.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:24 pm

fcb wrote:Well well, we have some surprises then. No Khedira, but Ozil instead...Coentrao in the middle will be interesting. Lass against Alexis should in theory be a big plus for Barça.

For Barça, as posted earlier, I had a feeling that Villa would be benched. With Alexis starting, we have width as well as work-rate, and it gives Guardiola the ability to easily change from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3 or even 3-5-2 when he wants.

Bit harsh on Mascherano, but I suppose Guardiola prefers Pique's slightly better on-the-ball ability.

Looks like Coentrao is playing as right back with Lass in the middle. I don't like that...Coentrao does not have the pace to keep up with Alexis and Lass is always a disaster in midfield. Grr
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 pm

fcb wrote:Bit harsh on Mascherano, but I suppose Guardiola prefers Pique's slightly better on-the-ball ability.
Very Happy
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:Well well, we have some surprises then. No Khedira, but Ozil instead...Coentrao in the middle will be interesting. Lass against Alexis should in theory be a big plus for Barça.

Looks like Coentrao is playing as right back with Lass in the middle. I don't like that...Coentrao does not have the pace to keep up with Alexis and Lass is always a disaster in midfield. Grr

That would be a bit odd - is Coentrao two-footed? Alexis is comfortable going outside or cutting inside, so I reckon he could really give Coentrao a tough time. In fact, one of the tactical variations would be for Messi to revert to false 9, Alexis on the right, and Iniesta moving up to the LF position (with Cesc dropping to midfield) - and still I fancy Iniesta over Coentrao. But anyway, Madrid will take a more team-based approach to defending...no doubt Lass will be heavily involved in helping his fullbacks.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:31 pm

shazlx wrote:
fcb wrote:Bit harsh on Mascherano, but I suppose Guardiola prefers Pique's slightly better on-the-ball ability.
Very Happy

I say that because Mascherano has been well beyond (at least my) expectations in terms of his comfort with the ball. Slotted in seamlessly into the team's game.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:33 pm

fcb wrote:
Jaime wrote:

That would be a bit odd - is Coentrao two-footed? Alexis is comfortable going outside or cutting inside, so I reckon he could really give Coentrao a tough time. In fact, one of the tactical variations would be for Messi to revert to false 9, Alexis on the right, and Iniesta moving up to the LF position (with Cesc dropping to midfield) - and still I fancy Iniesta over Coentrao. But anyway, Madrid will take a more team-based approach to defending...no doubt Lass will be heavily involved in helping his fullbacks.

Yes and probably it means Di Maria will play on the right so Mourinho can take advantage of his work rate down the wing to track back and help Coentrao. Of course that, in theory, leaves Marcelo to defend Messi all on his own. Erm
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:47 pm

With this line-up from Mourinho should be very interesting how it turns out tactically. I'm suprised with Ozil's inclusion, if he has a shit game i see him bieng put behind Kaka in the pecking order by Mourinho.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Going to sit back & relax. After all, got used to being outplayed by the pussies. Hope we don't ridicule ourselves & lower ourselves to their level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 am