Club World Cup

Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Club World Cup

Post by Puro on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Looking forward to the Santos vs Barcelona super clash to decide who's the best. Whoop

What a surprise to see Inca Warrior with Japanese eyes Masakatsu Sawa plays for Kashiwa Reysol. They beat New Zealand's Auckland City. <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Club World Cup

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Barcelona is obviously the best team. Santos finished 10th in the league. They used their reserves in some games because of Libertadores, but 10th position is too low.

And, even in Libertadores, they were an average/good team with 2 supercraques, Neymar and Ganso.

However, Neymar is certainly one of the best players in the world and can make some magic. So let's see.

----------------------------------

What I'll tell you, Puro, is that in 2 or 3 years top Brazilian teams will be as good as top European teams. Have you noticed how Brazilian players export decreased in tha last couple of years? Players that in other times would be already in Europe are being kept in Brazil due to the strenght of Brazilian economy at the moment.

In 2 or 3 years Brazilian clubs will play attacking football against Europeans again, mark my words. Remember how Telê Santana's São Paulo beat Milan and Barcelona in the early 90s? How Flamengo humiliated Liverpool, making them look like amateur hoofers?
Puro

Post by Puro on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Barcelona is obviously the best team. Santos finished 10th in the league. They used their reserves in some games because of Libertadores, but 10th position is too low.

And, even in Libertadores, they were an average/good team with 2 supercraques, Neymar and Ganso.

However, Neymar is certainly one of the best players in the world and can make some magic. So let's see.

----------------------------------

What I'll tell you, Puro, is that in 2 or 3 years top Brazilian teams will be as good as top European teams. Have you noticed how Brazilian players export decreased in tha last couple of years? Players that in other times would be already in Europe are being kept in Brazil due to the strenght of Brazilian economy at the moment.

In 2 or 3 years Brazilian clubs will play attacking football against Europeans again, mark my words. Remember how Telê Santana's São Paulo beat Milan and Barcelona in the early 90s? How Flamengo humiliated Liverpool, making them look like amateur hoofers?

I know, Todo! Things will return to normalcy just like when our teams used to demolish the European champions. The economy played a big part in evening out the playing field with our best players strengthening European teams to compete against our teams.

A couple of years ago I wrote here that I see Brasil keeping its best talent, but also signing the best South American talent. Brasil's Serie A shall become a Super League with its top ten teams (Flamengo, Santos, São Paulo, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Fluminense, Vasco da Gama, Gremio, Internacional, Cruzeiro) stronger than Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Internazionale, Bayern Munich.

Watch for Santos, I expect a great game from them. They will not fuck up by "looking ahead" like Inter did last season (their players betting steak dinners with Italia's Inter players before the final) lol!

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:34 am

Qatari team Al Sadd will face Barça in the World Club Cup semifinals, after they beat the Tunisian side.

So it's a Qatar derby in the semifinal cheers
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Gooooooooooooo Kashiwa Reysol!

If they beat a Mex, they can beat Santos.

Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Gooooooooooooo Kashiwa Reysol!

If they beat a Mex, they can beat Santos.

Monterrey were really unlucky not to win, and it was basically a home game for Kashiwa Reysol. In México, Monterrey obliterate Kashiwa.

Why do you not rate Santos? rivalry issue? I think Santos can beat and will beat Barcelona with Neymar, Ganso, Elano and what's his name, the other crack midfielder and the fullback having a great game.

I learned a long time ago that European teams were not all that. Yes, they're good, but there's more hype than anything. Alianza Lima 4-1 Bayern Munich (with Beckembauer, Müller, Hoeness, Maier, Zobel...) you should've seen the look in the German's faces. As they said about Alianza Lima "they play as if they're from another planet" lol! They couldn't stop Cubillas, Sotil and Baylón. They were utterly destroyed in Lima, and I realized that there's HYPE and plenty of it coming from Europe.

Santos to "shock" the world! Biggrin <Ale>
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Puro wrote:
and what's his name, the other crack midfielder

He sounds good. ok
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Puro wrote:
and what's his name, the other crack midfielder

He sounds good. ok

Kimbo bro! I answered your question in the boxing thread.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 pm

I watched some Brazillian Serie A games and I'm not impress at all

I bet Santos will park the bus if they do get to the final against Barca (like Internacional did) and if Ronaldo couldn't do anything against this Great Barca team, why can Neymar?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Pras_tama wrote:I watched some Brazillian Serie A games and I'm not impress at all

I bet Santos will park the bus if they do get to the final against Barca (like Internacional did) and if Ronaldo couldn't do anything against this Great Barca team, why can Neymar?

Me too. Barça, as I said, are obviously better. Santos will probably park the bus and try to decide the game individually with Neymar, Ganso, Elano... (that is, if they beat the Japs!)

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Puro wrote:Why do you not rate Santos? rivalry issue? I think Santos can beat and will beat Barcelona with Neymar, Ganso, Elano and what's his name, the other crack midfielder and the fullback having a great game.

I rate them as an average team with a couple of craques. An average team with a player like Neymar will always be more than an average team, but, without him, Santos are just average.

Yes, they can beat Barça. But I don't think it will happen.

And, Puro, Mexican football is a disgrace.
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
I rate them as an average team with a couple of craques. An average team with a player like Neymar will always be more than an average team, but, without him, Santos are just average.

Can't wait for Sunday! Whoop but first Santos must respect Kashiwa and take care of business unlike Inter last season! Doh Biggrin

I don't know if you remember 1981 when Flamengo arrived in Japan and all the camera flashes were on Liverpool and how "invincible" they were. The European champions, conquerors of Europe and thus the world. lol!

That Flamengo didn't have a prayer against Dalglish, Souness, Johnson, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar. In my books they were all TRONCASOS! Biggrin

I couldn't wait for Zico, Nunes, Junior, Tita etc to start delivering the can of whoop ass. By the 40th minute it already 3-0 to Flamengo and they just cruised after that. It could've been much worse. It was as lopsided as Barcelona whooping Man Utd's ass in London earlier this year.

This game decided which style of football them Japanese were going to emulate, the South American approach or the British one. Biggrin

Barcelona are beasts without a doubt, but I'm convinced that Santos will pull a Flamengo. I can't wait to see Neymar, Ganso, Elano, Borges, Danilo and company in action. I know this, Todo, Santos won't be utterly humiliated with the entire world watching as Manchester United were at the feet of Barcelona.

Moreover, Santos will put up a bigger fight than Real Madrid. Heck, Santos will become Flamengo when they utterly obliterated Liverpool in 1981. ROAR! Whoop
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Puro wrote:
This game decided which style of football them Japanese were going to emulate, the South American approach or the British one. Biggrin

And how's that going for them? Laugh

You don't seem to realise that this game is far more important in South America than it is in Europe. You lot are so desperate to win it to somehow "save" the identity of South American club football. It's like desperately insecure wife constantly asking if her bum looks big in her dress Laugh Meanwhile in Europe we say "yes love, you look wonderful" whilst arranging our tie in the mirror and readying ourselves for a night of subjugation for the sake of the wife's deep rooted social insecurity.

If it makes you jungle bunnies so happy to win it, who are we to complain. Enjoy Laugh Laughing Ale
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Puro wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Can't wait for Sunday! Whoop but first Santos must respect Kashiwa and take care of business unlike Inter last season! Doh Biggrin

I don't know if you remember 1981 when Flamengo arrived in Japan and all the camera flashes were on Liverpool and how "invincible" they were. The European champions, conquerors of Europe and thus the world. lol!

That Flamengo didn't have a prayer against Dalglish, Souness, Johnson, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar. In my books they were all TRONCASOS! Biggrin

I couldn't wait for Zico, Nunes, Junior, Tita etc to start delivering the can of whoop ass. By the 40th minute it already 3-0 to Flamengo and they just cruised after that. It could've been much worse. It was as lopsided as Barcelona whooping Man Utd's ass in London earlier this year.

Barcelona are beasts without a doubt, but I'm convinced that Santos will pull a Flamengo. I can't wait to see Neymar, Ganso, Elano, Borges, Danilo and company in action. I know this, Todo, Santos won't be utterly humiliated with the entire world watching as Manchester United were at the feet of Barcelona.

Moreover, Santos will put up a bigger fight than Real Madrid. Heck, Santos will become Flamengo when they utterly obliterated Liverpool in 1981. ROAR! Whoop

I suppose Suarez >>> Dalglish to you, as a Pool fan?
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm

I saw Dalglish utterly fail in 1978 when his Scotland team were called "one of the favorites to win the World Cup". My boys Cubillas, Cueto, Oblitas and company utterly destroyed that Scotland team!

Then I saw Dalglish again getting his ass whooped by Zico and Flamengo in 1981. He may have been good in the little island, but being good in the little island means shite as far as I'm concerned. You must prove it against the world or be stuck with the overrated and overhyped tag. Biggrin <Ale>

Suárez is ten times the player Dalglish ever was. TFS!
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 am

Only ten hours to go 'til Santos begin punching their ticket to play Barcelona and determine the best club in the world!!! cheers

Get in Neymar, Ganso, Elano, Danilo...start the show!!! How 'bout it, Todo! Whoop
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 am

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am

Noah und der Bale wrote:
Puro wrote:

You don't seem to realise that this game is far more important in South America than it is in Europe. You lot are so desperate to win it to somehow "save" the identity of South American club football. It's like desperately insecure wife constantly asking if her bum looks big in her dress Laugh Meanwhile in Europe we say "yes love, you look wonderful" whilst arranging our tie in the mirror and readying ourselves for a night of subjugation for the sake of the wife's deep rooted social insecurity.

If it makes you jungle bunnies so happy to win it, who are we to complain. Enjoy Laugh Laughing Ale

We know you English don't give a damn about it, while the Spanish and Italians care about it, not as much as South Americans, but much more than the English.

Sorry, but I must say this self-centered, ethnocentric English way - which the Americans inherited - is utterly ridiculous. It just isolates you more and more.

There's no question that TODAY top European teams are better. But in a time when South American clubs were the best, declaring "we are the best in the world", then being humiliated by Zico's Flamengo, then saying "we don't care", is almost as ridiculous and childish as not playing WCs because of a superiority complex and then losing to an amateur, college American national team in the first WC game.

Sheep

Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:58 am

Neymar cheers
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 pm

3 of the players puro was hyping scored for santos, with ganso setting up two

Neymar,borges and danilo

So looking forward to the final.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 pm

messiah wrote:3 of the players puro was hyping scored for santos, with ganso setting up two

Neymar,borges and danilo

So looking forward to the final.

As I said, an average team, that finished 10th in the national league, with a couple of craques. Santos didn't play well, but Neymar and Ganso made the difference.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Puro wrote:I saw Dalglish utterly fail in 1978 when his Scotland team were called "one of the favorites to win the World Cup". My boys Cubillas, Cueto, Oblitas and company utterly destroyed that Scotland team!

Then I saw Dalglish again getting his ass whooped by Zico and Flamengo in 1981. He may have been good in the little island, but being good in the little island means shite as far as I'm concerned. You must prove it against the world or be stuck with the overrated and overhyped tag. Biggrin <Ale>

Suárez is ten times the player Dalglish ever was. TFS!

Not sure how old you are, but I have the impression that you're younger than me, and I was 5 in 1978. My first memory of a world cup is Spain 82, at 9 years old, but even that is very vague.

Also if you were in the US in the days before the internet did you even know there was a world cup going on.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:20 pm

And when have Scotland ever been called "one of the favourites to win the World Cup" anywhere south of Gretna?
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Ah Mes amis! I woke up at 5:30am to witness Santos punch their ticket to the Final against Barcelona to determine who's the King of the World. Whoop

Todo, Santos just cruised in this game. They were playing on second gear for the most part. When Kashiwa scored from their corner kick, then Santos revved up the engine just a little bit more and hit third gear, and that was enough to get their third goal. Then they cruised again saving their energy for the Final.

In the Final you will see their much needed pressing and more running all over the pitch to go toe to toe against Barça. Have you heard the Barça players talk about the game? Oh they're definitely not British! That's why they're winners. lol!

They are so focused, determined, fired up to win the Club World Cup.

It's on, Todo! Can't wait for Sunday to get here FFS! Whoop
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:50 pm

S4P wrote:And when have Scotland ever been called "one of the favourites to win the World Cup" anywhere south of Gretna?

Sadly, for Puro, the only teams Peru have ever beaten on the World Stage are...Morocco, Bulgaria, Iran and Scotland.

So he has to hype them up as much as possible, because otherwise, well, that would be a little pitiful Biggrin Ale
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Noah und der Bale wrote:
Puro wrote:

We know you English don't give a damn about it, while the Spanish and Italians care about it, not as much as South Americans, but much more than the English.

Sorry, but I must say this self-centered, ethnocentric English way - which the Americans inherited - is utterly ridiculous. It just isolates you more and more.

There's no question that TODAY top European teams are better. But in a time when South American clubs were the best, declaring "we are the best in the world", then being humiliated by Zico's Flamengo, then saying "we don't care", is almost as ridiculous and childish as not playing WCs because of a superiority complex and then losing to an amateur, college American national team in the first WC game.

Sheep

Laughing

Going on about Flamengo's win in the 70's - almost as bad as those English who can't stop harping on about 1966 Wink

Thing is, these competitions are usually a farce, played in some nowhere place to earn a sponsor some dollar at the more inappropriate point in the season, and now with this frankly ridiculous format where you can be crowned champion for playing a semi and a final - it's just massively gay.

I'd like to see a home and away fixture between the South American and European winners. Give it some proper credibility and prestige. Fuck all the other federations, pointless.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:I'd like to see a home and away fixture between the South American and European winners. Give it some proper credibility and prestige. Fuck all the other federations, pointless.

That's how it used to be, back in the good old days when South American teams "were so much better" than their European counterparts. Amazingly, in the 17 two legged matches, the vastly superior South American teams only edged it 9-8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_Cup_(football)#Two-legged_finals
Murray

Number of posts : 10192

Post by Murray on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:54 pm

When it was 2 legs, it always descended into a big fight. That is why they started playing it in Japan.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Alright, my English friends.

What I find funny is that in this board we created a rivalry that do not exist outside. At least not in Brazil. Almost all Brazilians would support any Euro team against Argentina, for instance.

If you have some time, take a look at Marca and Ás, the 2 biggest Spanish sports papers. Both are giving a lot of space to the Club World Cup, so much more than the English papers would give if an English club was involved. The same happens in Italy, they care much more.

Then I see England is isolating itself politically, economically...

Well, let's not change subjects... Biggrin

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 am

Murray wrote:When it was 2 legs, it always descended into a big fight. That is why they started playing it in Japan.

Very true, back then South-Americans were still a bit uncivilized!

When Feyenoord played Estudiantes at home here, this goal decided the match

However the goalscorer was wearing glasses, which was common in those days. After he scored the Argies took the glasses of his face and stamped it on the ground. It was against the rules according to them.

The broken glasses are now a relic in the Fey museum. I believe the first leg in Argieland ended in a massive fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 am