Club World Cup

S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Club World Cup

Post by S4P on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Puro wrote:
S4P wrote:Who was the Corinthians player that rolled over 7 times after being clipped by Luiz?

Good job Rafa didn't try to imitate it otherwise the Japanese would have been suffering their second minor earthquake of the month.

You lost because of Lampard, he's not good enough, end of the fucking story!

If Xavi or Iniesta had played his no-look through ball round the corner for Torres (who unfortunately decided to kick it against his own stomach) in the first half, people would have been wanking over it long into the night.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:05 pm

S4P wrote:Who was the Corinthians player that rolled over 7 times after being clipped by Luiz?

That was embarrassing. Why is it that only ALL South Americans still do that? Haven't seen one of them since the last world cup.
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Well, after a crap game against the African champions, we could play as well as we played in Libertadores. This title was the cherry on the cake for us.

I disagree with Puro about Lampard. The last European club game I watched was the CL final, so I don't know about the current form of the players, but I think he played well today and some of Chelsea best chances were created by him. Pure class.

Chelsea played well, but our keeper Cassio was excelent.

I'd like to mention the ridiculous attitude Santos had when they played against Barcelona last year. Brazilian media and Santos players thought they were as good as Barça, they believed in their own ridiculous hype, and played like shit when they finally found out they were nothing compared to the Barça team. I said here before that game that Santos was a mediocre team with a great craque: Neymar. The ease with wich Barça ran over Santos was awkward.

Corinthians, on the other hand, is a team without a craque, but full of grit, organized and moved by their incredible fanbase of almost 30 million supporters, that are always backing them up, even in their worst moments. I believe this victory came because the players were humble enough to recognize the superiority of the champions of a continent that has money enough to sign the best players in the world, including South American players, and gave their best to overcome this inequality.

Taking into account Corinthians opponents in libertadores and in the Club World Cup, Chelsea were the team that had more shots against Corinthians goal. In 16 games (14 in Libertadores and 2 in the CWC), Corinthians conceded only 4 goals and was unbeaten. Against Chelsea, our keeper Cássio was forced to work much more than in Libertadores games. Thank fuck he did alright and we could win this title.

The whole team were brilliant against Chelsea, but I advise you to take special note on Paulinho, a DM that will probably be a starter for Brazil in the next WC. This guy is pure class.

Cheers. <Ale>

The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:34 pm

wow Shocked

amongst all the usual bollocks we suddenly have some thoughtful and informed insight Yikes

Thanks Mongrel Hawk

chins Ale
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:41 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Well, after a crap game against the African champions, we could play as well as we played in Libertadores. This title was the cherry on the cake for us.

I disagree with Puro about Lampard. The last European club game I watched was the CL final, so I don't know about the current form of the players, but I think he played well today and some of Chelsea best chances were created by him. Pure class.

I'd like to mention the ridiculous attitude Santos had when they played against Barcelona last year. Brazilian media and Santos players thought they were as good as Barça, they believed in their own ridiculous hype, and played like shit when they finally found out they were nothing compared to the Barça team. I said here before that game that Santos was a mediocre team with a great craque: Neymar. The ease with wich Barça ran over Santos was awkward.

Corinthians, on the other hand, is a team without a craque, but full of grit, organized and moved by their incredible fanbase of almost 30 million supporters, that are always backing them up, even in their worst moments. I believe this victory came because the players were humble enough to recognize the superiority of the champions of a continent that has money enough to sign the best players in the world, including South American players, and gave their best to overcome this inequality.

Taking into account Corinthians opponents in libertadores and in the Club World Cup, Chelsea were the team that had more shots against Corinthians goal. In 16 games (14 in Libertadores and 2 in the CWC), Corinthians conceded only 4 goals and was unbeaten. Against Chelsea, our keeper Cássio was forced to work much more than in Libertadores games. Thank fuck he did alright and we could win this title.

The whole team were brilliant against Chelsea, but I advise you to take special note on Paulinho, a DM that will probably be a starter for Brazil in the next WC. This guy is pure class.

Cheers. <Ale>

Congrats
You guys brought it back to Brazil and perhaps the differences in approaches between Santos and Corinthians will bring a little sense back to Brazil.

Futebol de Resultados <Ale>

Last edited by Super Mourinho on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 am

Congrats Mongrel Hawk ok

Chelsea did a barca (missing chances), rather than corinthians doing a chelsea I feel.

Who is brasil's goalkeeper these days? Where does Cassio stand in that regard?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am

Super Mourinho wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:Well, after a crap game against the African champions, we could play as well as we played in Libertadores. This title was the cherry on the cake for us.

Cheers. <Ale>

Congrats
You guys brought it back to Brazil and perhaps the differences in approaches between Santos and Corinthians will bring a little sense back to Brazil.

Futebol de Resultados lol!

That's what I hope. I've always been against this samba-football, joga bonito crap. This is a myth. Brazil 1970 had a lot of serious work behind, the best and most sophisticated physical training team and a very good organisation. Talent alone isn't enough.

@110%

Brazil has not defined the keeper yet. Cássio may be a good choice.

Thank you all who congratulated me. Ale
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:

Cheers. <Ale>

Congrats

Futebol de Resultados lol!

That's what I hope. I've always been against this samba-football, joga bonito crap. This is a myth. Brazil 1970 had a lot of serious work behind, the best and most sophisticated physical training team and a very good organisation. Talent alone isn't enough.

@110%

Brazil has not defined the keeper yet. Cássio may be a good choice.

Thank you all who congratulated me. Ale

@Mongrel Hawk: Why is Samba football and hard work mutually exclusive? Surely it requires hard work to maintain fitness and work in training to play to a high standard in that style too.

Congrats belatedly on Libertadores and WCC. What's next for Corinthians?
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Corinthians achieved world DOMINATION & HUMILIATION without playing any German at all!

It does make you wonder!

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Ronaldinho got injured and is likely to miss the Club World Cup Crying or Very sad 

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 am

Semi-finals:
Bayern vs Guangzhou Evergrande
Atlético Mineiro vs Raja Casablanca

What is the importance that Bayern fans give to this trophy?
Does anyone on here thinks that Bayern may not win it?

We do not care too much...that's why Fifa sold only 11.000 tickets to our fans who will travel to Morocco only to support Atlético. Smile

Be aware of Ronaldinho. Sure, he is not the same player he was at Barcelona, but he is much better than you think. He has been playing at a very high level over the past two years.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3378
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 am

For me it's like the Confed Cup, just much worse. Says it all.

Its nice to have one of this trophy in your board, but since we alreay have one i think I don't care anymore.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Semi-finals:

We do not care too much...that's why Fifa sold only 11.000 tickets to our fans who will travel to Morocco only to support Atlético. Smile

Be aware of Ronaldinho. Sure, he is not the same player he was at Barcelona, but he is much better than you think. He has been playing at a very high level over the past two years.

That`s a very good crowd for another continent. Good luck.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:15 am

mongrel hawk wrote:

Thanks, mate. We will need to be luckier than you were last year. Our task is tougher and you were much more organised defensively. But as we know anything can happen in football...
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Thanks, mate. We will need to be luckier than you were last year. Our task is tougher and you were much more organised defensively. But as we know anything can happen in football...

True, but you're better attacking then we were. And you've got a legend playing for you.
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Wow epic fail from South America. They lose 3-1 to royal Casablanca.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 pm

at least the arena will be full Very Happy
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:26 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:Well, after a crap game against the African champions, we could play as well as we played in Libertadores. This title was the cherry on the cake for us.

Cheers.  <Ale>

Neutral 
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Laughing 
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:Well, after a crap game against the African champions, we could play as well as we played in Libertadores. This title was the cherry on the cake for us.

Cheers.  <Ale>

Neutral 

He's a Brazil starter, he's pure class. The fact that he's not doing well in Tottenham doesn't mean much. He's a established player, not a promise.

Edit: If Tottenham get rid off him, they'll regret it sadly in the future. I'm sure.

Last edited by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:28 pm

@Sheva

No shame. Inter lost to Mazembe. Corinthians could very well have lost to Al Ahly last year (we were lucky). They are better than some of us think, we are worse than some of us think.

I'm curious to see if Raja Casablanca will stand a chance against Byern.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:33 am

mongrel hawk wrote:@Sheva

No shame. Inter lost to Mazembe. Corinthians could very well have lost to Al Ahly last year (we were lucky). They are better than some of us think, we are worse than some of us think.

Thanks for your words. You're right when you say that we are worse than we think, but what happened is humiliating and you know that. We were so bad...

According to the press, there were 15,000 atleticanos in the stadium. Many of them were crying after the match. Dozens of friends of mine travelled to Morroco. And now they must stay there until Sunday. I feel so sorry for them...

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:44 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Cheers.  <Ale>

Neutral 

He's a Brazil starter, he's pure class. The fact that he's not doing well in Tottenham doesn't mean much. He's a established player, not a promise.

Edit: If Tottenham get rid off him, they'll regret it sadly in the future. I'm sure.

I watched some Tottenham matches and Villas Boas played Paulinho out of his favourite position. He is a defensive midfielder who likes to go forward, he is not a playmaker. AVB played him more upfront and a pair of central midfielders (Dembélé + Sandro or Capoue). His passing is good, but not brilliant. That doesn't mean that he is not a very good footballer.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:21 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
Pierre Littbarski wrote:

Cheers.  <Ale>

Neutral 

I watched some Tottenham matches and Villas Boas played Paulinho out of his favourite position. He is a defensive midfielder who likes to go forward, he is not a playmaker. AVB played him more upfront and a pair of central midfielders (Dembélé + Sandro or Capoue). His passing is good, but not brilliant. That doesn't mean that he is not a very good footballer.

I agree. He's playing much more advanced for Tottenham than he used to do for Corinthians. He's a DM that goes forward as a surprise player. In England he's constantly up front.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:23 am

Thanks for your words. You're right when you say that we are worse than we think, but what happened is humiliating and you know that. We were so bad...

According to the press, there were 15,000 atleticanos in the stadium. Many of them were crying after the match. Dozens of friends of mine travelled to Morroco. And now they must stay there until Sunday. I feel so sorry for them...

If I was in their situation, I guess I'd forget football existed and try to have some fun there (and never watch the 3rd place game).

And what I said about Corinthians-Al-Ahly is true: we almost lost that game, we were lucky. We beat Chelsea later because of a very strong winning mentality, cause Chelsea was certainly better technically.

I don't remember a single semis involving a Brazilian that wasn't a hard game. It was never a walk in the park.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:34 am

mongrel hawk wrote:

If I was in their situation, I guess I'd forget football existed and try to have some fun there (and never watch the 3rd place game).

And what I said about Corinthians-Al-Ahly is true: we almost lost that game, we were lucky. We beat Chelsea later because of a very strong winning mentality, cause Chelsea was certainly better technically.

I don't remember a single semis involving a Brazilian that wasn't a hard game. It was never a walk in the park.

I know that the match against Al Ahly was hard. What I meant is that if you had lost that match it would have been humiliating. It would be even worse than what happened in the clash against Tolima in 2011.

My friends said that now there is a funeral atmosphere amongst our fans in Marrakech. I didn't care too much about this tournament until  a few days ago when I realized how much it is important for them. I'm feeling so bad for them...  

Yesterday I said that we were not organised defensively, but I've never seen such a mess. They had a lot of room to counter-attack during all the  match. We looked like an amateur side. If we had played like that against Bayern we would have been raped, but it would be better than losing against Raja.

The funny thing is that apparently our european friends on here, including Bayern fans, don't give a f... about this tournament while I will not lose any sleep if Brazil do not win the next World Cup.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Typical Moroccans...Ronaldinho gets mugged!
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Fey wrote:

Typical Moroccans...Ronaldinho gets mugged!

lol! 
Antarion

Number of posts : 3378
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Biggrin 
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr: