Re: Club World Cup

Post by Rosicky on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:53 pm

2-0. Dont know why i am watching this.
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:17 am

Atletico Mineiro barely beat the Chinese outfit who looked like a 3rd division team against Bayern. What's up in South America?

Anyway, Bayern finishes the best-imaginable year in their history. They do look tired though and they'll need this break if they're to go far in the Champions League again.
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Rosicky wrote:2-0. Dont know why i am watching this.

I thought the same thing when I watched Bayern-Barcelona.
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Effenberg wrote:Atletico Mineiro barely beat the Chinese outfit who looked like a 3rd division team against Bayern. What's up in South America?

Anyway, Bayern finishes the best-imaginable year in their history. They do look tired though and they'll need this break if they're to go far in the Champions League again.

You see, both Bayern goals were scored by South Americans. When Barcelona beat Santos, a South American called Messi lead the team being MOTM. I think this answers your question: our best players are not here anymore. In spite of this, Brazil is the country who won more WCC titles, followed by Spain.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:03 pm

This is why I despise the WCC format - as opposed to the good ol' Intercontinental cup.

It's a trophy I always cared, more for elite bragging rights than other - as in "boy you can only collect those little badges if you first win Champions Cups..."

But the only footballing interest in that odd autumn mini-contest was the chance to witness the single possible competitive point of contact at club level between the two only football scenes that count in the world: SA & Europe.

Atletico vs Bayern, single odd match, would interest me even if Atletico is utter crap that year.

But throw those boring teams from asia, africa, papuasia and whatnot, plus the ridiculous host wildcard, and its a bore.

Especially if the SA team is crap enough to crash on the locals.
The vid with Dinho gettin stripped like Justin Bieber after losing sums it up ffs.
wtf is that circus

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:25 am