Club World Cup

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Club World Cup

Post by worms. on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:37 am

Pras_tama wrote:I watched some Brazillian Serie A games and I'm not impress at all

I bet Santos will park the bus if they do get to the final against Barca (like Internacional did) and if Ronaldo couldn't do anything against this Great Barca team, why can Neymar?

Your talking as if Cronaldo is anything more than a Runner who can score goals....average player imo.It's a pity the English media hyped him up too such an extent that people fail to see the big flaws to his game.

Neymar has more talent in his little toe than "Gareth Bale on steroids" has in his whole body.

Plus I love the way English teams like Tottenham think there too good for the Europa League because they have played 1 season in the CL Laugh

In Europe Pussy football isn't enough for English teams to beat European teams of a similar level,that only works against donkeys in the PL LLama
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 am

Fey wrote:However the goalscorer was wearing glasses, which was common in those days. After he scored the Argies took the glasses of his face and stamped it on the ground. It was against the rules according to them.

The Argies were right. Specked c**ts should not be allowed to play professional football.

Oh, those good ol' days!

The Argies and Uruguayans were the best. In Libertadores, their backs used to hold stones to hit Brazilian heads.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Barça winning 3-0 in the Qatar derby. Villa out for the rest of the season Sad
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 pm

this game was ridiculous. I feel bad for those poor c**ts. humiliation.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 pm

worms wrote:
Pras_tama wrote:I watched some Brazillian Serie A games and I'm not impress at all

I bet Santos will park the bus if they do get to the final against Barca (like Internacional did) and if Ronaldo couldn't do anything against this Great Barca team, why can Neymar?

Neymar has more talent in his little toe than "Gareth Bale on steroids" has in his whole body.

Plus I love the way English teams like Tottenham think there too good for the Europa League because they have played 1 season in the CL Laugh

Laugh Tottenham's motivation this season is the Premier League, and to qualify for the CL.

This is called "being ambitious", and with our squad there is no reason why we shouldn't push to be at the top table, given the financial rules are coming into force soon and any club who isn't bringing in CL revenue is going to suffer. I'd rather take some frankly pathetic Eurocentric swiping than actually see us throw away the chance to move the club forwards just so we can remain dutiful within the footballing pecking order and be yet another midtable, mid European team for the rest of time.

And as if it's just an English thing - the Italians have long been devaluing the Europa League. Who can blame them - I'm sure Napoli next season will be prioritising Serie A over Europa (assuming they finish around 5th in the position they are currently in), because frankly any competition that includes a format where losing teams from another more illustrious competition drop into it in the later stages is a FARCE.

@Mongrel Hawk - well NO surprise it's bigger news in Spain than England considering a Spanish team is playing in it. Who'd have thunk it?! Laughing It was fairly big headlines here the times that English clubs (Liverpool / Man United) have contested it in recent years. But really, United won this competition in 2008 playing

TWO games,

against the powerhouses of world football that were Gamba Osaka and Liga De Quito.

DOMINATION! Laughing

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 pm

You really think you have a chance of winning the PL ahead of City ? Laughing
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 pm

No, I don't think it's likely we'll win the Premier League, but coming second and qualifying automatically for the CL is not an unrealistic ambition and would be a far more gratifying and financially sound outcome than investing energy into trying to win the Europa League this season (which incidentally now also involves Man City, and of course Man United and other rather powerful teams) Ale

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:10 pm

is Gareth Bale on steroids?
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Silly Glenn.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:15 pm

@noah

I was saying Spanish media gives much more importance when a Spanish team is playing than the English media gives when an English team is playing.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:@noah

I was saying Spanish media gives much more importance when a Spanish team is playing than the English media gives when an English team is playing.

Probably because they're playing a decent team and not Gambo Osaka and some other team no one has ever heard of Wink

Anyway, this is all just for some good South American V 'Peon banter, which has not reached the levels of the last World Cup. You remember: when you lot were piping up about South American domination in the groups/second round and then by the semi finals the silence from Buenos Aires to to Mexico City via Lima was deafening Laughing The NY-Miami connection didn't predict that one did it mes amis.

Healthy rivalry says I Ale
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:@noah

Probably because they're playing a decent team and not Gambo Osaka and some other team no one has ever heard of Wink

Anyway, this is all just for some good South American V 'Peon banter, which has not reached the levels of the last World Cup. You remember: when you lot were piping up about South American domination in the groups/second round and then by the semi finals the silence from Buenos Aires to to Mexico City via Lima was deafening Laughing The NY-Miami connection didn't predict that one did it mes amis.

Healthy rivalry says I Ale

That's true. The last WC was a disaster for Brazil and Argentina.

On the other hand, the middle-weight South Americans did much better than the middle-weight Euros.

I expected Brazil or Argentina to win. Spain winning was a big surprise for me.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Christmas Glenn Hysén wrote:is Gareth Bale on steroids?

Laughing

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:33 am

worms wrote:
Christmas Glenn Hysén wrote:is Gareth Bale on steroids?

Laughing

maybe "growth hormones", worked for Messi
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:06 am

Can you figure an English coach talking about the W Club Cup like this? I can't.

"Winning this cup is a dream."

http://www.marca.com/2011/12/17/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1324107182.html

Moreover, this cup is making the top headlines in Spanish sports papers:

marca.com

My prediction:

Barça 3 - 1 Santos

Barça will dominate possession and rule the game, as always. Santos will rely on individual talents, but it won't be enough. Barça are too good.
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Can you figure an English coach talking about the W Club Cup like this? I can't.

"Winning this cup is a dream."

http://www.marca.com/2011/12/17/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1324107182.html

Moreover, this cup is making the top headlines in Spanish sports papers:

marca.com

My prediction:

Barça 3 - 1 Santos

Barça will dominate possession and rule the game, as always. Santos will rely on individual talents, but it won't be enough. Barça are too good.

Todo, you must understand English psychology. When they're incapable of winning a competition, it's because they "didn't care about it". Just like in World Cup 1950, you know they were already the "best team on the planet" and they just gave others a chance to taste the glory. Biggrin

This Club World Cup is so important for the players and coaches because it's so difficult to get there. Look at how many good teams Santos and Barça had to beat in order to dispute it on sunday!

Pep lost it as player against the awesome São Paulo team when EVERYONE was saying that Barcelona were gonna win it hands down just like Liverpool before getting throttled by Flamengo ten years earlier. Remember how Pep broke down when he finally won it (as a coach and barely) against Estudiantes? The Club World Cup is where you put up or shut up. That's why the English don't like it because when it's time to show up they fold. You know they're already the best in the world because their media says so. lol!

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Puro, I don't know if you know about (I don't know if it's true, but I heard this many times as a fact) the telegraphic problem after media favorites England lost 1-0 to an amateur college team from Salt Lake Lake City (or other meaningless American city).

A telegram was sent to London: USA 1 - 0 England. The English press thought that was certainly a type-o, the game had been USA 0 - 10 England. And they published it.

Imagine an internet board at that time: "That was a meaningless mickey-mouse-cup in a nowhere-country with uncivilized weather. You can't play fine football in those conditions. It was the end of the season, the players were tired, and the Americans are big, diving cheaters. It was a big mistake when the FA decided to take part in this thing."
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:53 am

Valdés
Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal
Xavi, Busquets, Thiago
Cesc, Messi, Iniesta

4 defenders, 5 midfielders, 1 forward
9 homegrown players

Pep's 'philosophy' at its purest. Let's see if it can bring another trophy.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 am

Muricy kicked Elano out of the team. Won't start, it seems.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 am

Lets see which youngster is really the best in the world.....Neymar or Thaigo! Whoop

Last edited by worms on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 am

3-4-3 again with Alves playing further forward. Good idea to keep Neymar pinned back.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:43 am

Shame Elano aint playing....brilliant player.

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

Messi scores a really nicely worked goal (although the defending was poor).

If an English club was playing Barcelona and having so little of the ball someone on here would be referring to 'pussy football'. Santos look to be hoping for chances on the counter, but it's hard to see them holding out if they allow Barcelona to keep dictating the match as they have done.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 am

Messi showing Neymar who's King <Ale>

Take that Pele lol!
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:56 am

Sheffield gunner wrote:Messi scores a really nicely worked goal (although the defending was poor).

If an English club was playing Barcelona and having so little of the ball someone on here would be referring to 'pussy football'. Santos look to be hoping for chances on the counter, but it's hard to see them holding out if they allow Barcelona to keep dictating the match as they have done.

Well, it is pussy football, Santos' coach hinted at this approach before the match.

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 am

Xavi with a second for Barcelona. They're outclassing Santos at the moment.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 am

Gol! Best team ever <Ale>
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 am

2-0. What a bunch of jokers Santos are.
Lordanger