Club World Cup

christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Club World Cup

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Sheva, do you not rate Pato much over there?

Just looking at your post about Kaka being the last great offensive player you produced. I do remember there being a lot of hype about Pato when he emerged.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 am

To be fair, he deserved his hype. I rate him highly, but he is not world class yet. Anyway he is by far the best brazilian striker. Unfortunatelly he missed too many games due to his injury proness.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:16 am

Fair enough Ale
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:40 am

Ale for Puro for his bravery to keep showing up after all his South American football hype
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:28 am

Todo! Corinthians went down a few years ago. River Plate got relegated last season. América de Cali just went down. Universitario are hanging on barely to remain in Perú's top flight. Shocked

To put things in perspective for the 'Peons here, think of América de Cali as Manchester United (historically comparatively speaking), and think of Rooney missing the deciding penalty kick in the shootout. Their veteran star striker Jairo Castillo missed the crucial penalty and down went América de Cali for the first time ever. Shocked

Universitario may be next, and I don't want to think about what would happen in Perú. Imagine Real Madrid going to division 2 in España. Yikes
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:17 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Don't fool yourself, Puro. After winning Libertadores Santos turned their focus to the World Club Cup. That's the only reason why they finished 10th. Santos are the best team from South America. They didn't lose one single match in the ko stages of Libertadores. They defeated brazilian champions Corinthians with relatively ease in the league.

Vasco, Corinthians, Boca, Brazil, all they would be thrashed against Barça. La U is playing really well at the moment, I think they are unbeaten since july or something, but they are facing much easier opposition. BTW, congrats to Napoli for signing Vargas, great player.

They were the best in South America back in June, but not now. They're not even the best in Brasil. Right now my top five in SA are Universidad de Chile, Corinthians, Boca Jrs, Nacional, LDU.

Vargas may be the next Salas. Although he has attributes of both Salas and Zamorano. Shocked

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:56 am

Not really, Puro. Santos didn't have a decent striker in june. They signed Borges, the top top scorer in the brazilian league this season. BTW they defeated Corinthians away less than three months ago.

Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Not really, Puro. Santos didn't have a decent striker in june. They signed Borges, the top top scorer in the brazilian league this season. BTW they defeated Corinthians away less than three months ago.

I gave you my current top five South American teams. Now I'm gonna share my top teams (clubs) in the history of football. Ready!

1) Barcelona - the current team we've been watching the last few years
2) Santos - de Pelé
3) São Paulo - de Telé Santana (so unlucky not to win 1982 and 1986 WC's with Brasil)
4) Milan - de Arrigo Sacchi,
5) Real Madrid - de Di Stefano
6) Ajax - de Cruyff
7) Boca Juniors - de Carlos Bianchi
Cool Bayern - de Beckembauer
Pras_tama

Post by Pras_tama on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Did you actually watch when Pele's Santos, Di Stefano's Madrid, Cruijff's Ajax and Beckenbauer's Munich still around?

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:21 am

Pras_tama wrote:Did you actually watch when Pele's Santos, Di Stefano's Madrid, Cruijff's Ajax and Beckenbauer's Munich still around?

Not only watched them online, but won EA$$$$$$YYYYY CA$$$$$$H
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:24 am

Puro wrote:
Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Not really, Puro. Santos didn't have a decent striker in june. They signed Borges, the top top scorer in the brazilian league this season. BTW they defeated Corinthians away less than three months ago.

I gave you my current top five South American teams. Now I'm gonna share my top teams (clubs) in the history of football. Ready!

2) Santos - de Pelé
3) São Paulo - de Telé Santana (so unlucky not to win 1982 and 1986 WC's with Brasil)
6) Ajax - de Cruyff

Can't believe you have omitted Herbert Chapman's Arsenal team. Rolling Eyes

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Puro wrote:

2) Santos - de Pelé
6) Ajax - de Cruyff

Not sure if this is correct but didn't "Peles Santos" only win 2 Copa Libertadores in 11 years?

If so that's pretty poor for one of the greatest teams ever.
Pras_tama

Post by Pras_tama on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:16 pm

S4P wrote:
Puro wrote:

2) Santos - de Pelé
6) Ajax - de Cruyff

Can't believe you have omitted Herbert Chapman's Arsenal team. Rolling Eyes

and Manchester United team of 1960s with the holy trinity
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Todo! the day of Atonement is almost here!!!

Oh Timão! Timão! Timão! Whoop

I hope Guerrero's 100% healthy. Here's my lineup, Todo!

------------------------------Cássio---------------------------------------

Alessandro---------- Chicão--------------Paulo André--------Fabio Santos

-------------------Paulinho--------------Douglas---------------------------

Ralf---------------------------Emerson---------------------Danilo

------------------------------Inca Warrior-------------------------------

Let's do this, Todo! Timão! Timão! Timão!
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:30 am

I missed you here, mate. Glad you're back.

Have you seen the airport thread vids?

The line-up will be this:

--------------Paulinho----------------------------Ralf---------------------------

-----------Danilo--------------Douglas---------------------Emerson the Sheik------

We lost our best defender to Roma, Leandro Castan. Remember Libertadores? 4 goals conceded in 14 games. Unbeaten.

We're not so good at defence as we were, but now we play with a Inca Warrior as a centre-forward. <Ale>

ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 am

LET'S GO CORINTHIANS!
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:51 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:I missed you here, mate. Glad you're back.

Have you seen the airport thread vids?

The line-up will be this:

--------------Paulinho----------------------------Ralf---------------------------

-----------Danilo--------------Douglas---------------------Emerson the Sheik------

We lost our best defender to Roma, Leandro Castan. Remember Libertadores? 4 goals conceded in 14 games. Unbeaten.

We're not so good at defence as we were, but now we play with a Inca Warrior as a centre-forward. <Ale>

Waking up at 5:30am to watch the game!

I'll be popping here once in a while, maybe once a month or every other month. Biggrin <Ale>

110%

Post by 110% on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Seems like after an awesomely entertaining game where Al nobodies didn't have a single shot on target and corinthians had only 1, the mighty corinthians won 1-0 to progress to the final:
http://espnfc.com/uk/en/gamecast/358018/gamecast.html?soccernet=true&cc=5739

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Horrible game. Corinthians were far from the cool, safe team that played Libertadores. If they play like this in the final, it will be an ugly loss, be it Monterrey or Chelsea.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:15 pm

110% wrote:Seems like after an awesomely entertaining game where Al nobodies didn't have a single shot on target and corinthians had only 1, the mighty corinthians won 1-0 to progress to the final:

We all know Europeans are the best and the African champions are "nobodies", as you say.

But don't you think it's a bit redundant to keep reaffirming this?

Moreover, did you know that Al-Ahly fanbase had an important role in the political revolution in Egypt? No, you didn't, they are nobodies and you know nothing about world football.

110%

Post by 110% on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
110% wrote:Seems like after an awesomely entertaining game where Al nobodies didn't have a single shot on target and corinthians had only 1, the mighty corinthians won 1-0 to progress to the final:

We all know Europeans are the best and the African champions are "nobodies", as you say.

But don't you think it's a bit redundant to keep reaffirming this?

Moreover, did you know that Al-Ahly fanbase had an important role in the political revolution in Egypt? No, you didn't, they are nobodies and you know nothing about world football.

No need to be so upset, you have successfully proved your point by making me care enough to follow the "tournament" take the piss out of you in this thread Razz

I doubt anyone alive really knows about "world football" as in covering all 6 continents. That's why we have google. We can have a discussion about Al Ahly, Zamalek, Asante Kotoko, Canon Yaoundé and Espérance Tunis if you really want, but that wasn't the point of my piss taking.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Horrible game. Corinthians were far from the cool, safe team that played Libertadores. If they play like this in the final, it will be an ugly loss, be it Monterrey or Chelsea.

Corinthians did what needed to be done against a team that play pussy-football like Chelsea/Manchester United...when they play Barça.

We won, didn't use too much energy. We shall put it in over drive for the Final against Monterrey.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Puro, why has Solano been sacked? Fucking south americans. Rolling Eyes
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Puro wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:Horrible game. Corinthians were far from the cool, safe team that played Libertadores. If they play like this in the final, it will be an ugly loss, be it Monterrey or Chelsea.

Corinthians did what needed to be done against a team that play pussy-football like Chelsea/Manchester United...when they play Barça.

We won, didn't use too much energy. We shall put it in over drive for the Final against Monterrey.

Corinthians had 1 shot on goal in 90 minutes. The only shot on goal in the entire game from both sides.

That kind of sparkling attacking football must have been humiliating for all the "pussy" teams to watch how the South Americans do it....against Al Ahly lol! Ale
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Kimbo wrote:Puro, why has Solano been sacked? Fucking south americans. Rolling Eyes

Ñol did a very good job avoiding relegation and almost qualified Universitario to Copa Sudamericana.

He was sacked because Universitario were negotiating a new TV package. GolTv is offering to pay them at least twice what CMD's currently paying them.

However it's a complete "package", Universitario had to sign Angel Comizzo (Paco Casal's guy -GolTv's main guy) as their new manager, and thus Ñol's fledgling and successful coaching career was abruptly ended temporarily.

They won't tell you these kinds of details, shady negotiations. However, never forget where you heard it first! Biggrin
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:33 pm

He should come to Newcastle, we need a coach that has some idea about passing. Steve Stone gave an interview in which he was proud that we "kicked the ball longer". tongue
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Just caught some highlights of it, was rather poor. Is that Cassio Ramos old keeper from Sparta no? And did I noticed Spurs legend Hossam Ghaly?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Fey wrote:Just caught some highlights of it, was rather poor. Is that Cassio Ramos old keeper from Sparta no? And did I noticed Spurs legend Hossam Ghaly?

Yeh, it was an ugly game.

Cassio used to play in Holland, but I don't know in which team.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 am

Todo, are you watching the Copa Sudamericana Final between São Paulo and Tigre?

I can't believe what I witnessed at halftime. It was beautiful, a free for all, players with blood, mice, cuts. Morumbi was rocking! Whoop
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 am

Disco Benny wrote:
Puro wrote:

Corinthians had 1 shot on goal in 90 minutes. The only shot on goal in the entire game from both sides.

That kind of sparkling attacking football must have been humiliating for all the "pussy" teams to watch how the South Americans do it....against Al Ahly lol! Ale

Look at this jealous christian. At least South Americans teams know how to WIN UGLY unlike the English national side which only knows how to LOSE UGLY.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm