African Cup of Nations

Share
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Fey wrote:Penalties taken by a guy in an Orange shirt...never a good idea. Has Drogba won an AFC yet? IC deserves one though.

Considering the favourite never wins, I reckon it will be Zambia in the end.

I don't think so Fey. IC last won it on penalties v Ghana in Senegal in 1992. They lost on penalties I think to Egypt in 2006.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Murray wrote:
EMP wrote:
Murray wrote:Hopefully the Gabonese won't shoot down the Zambian team's plane again.

That remark is in very poor taste. That was the worst plane-disaster to affect a national football team. Those players and others deserve some respect.

It's not in poor taste if it's true.

Murray: It's not true. The fault for that crash lies with the then Zambian government and possibly its FA. They penny-pinched and that resulted in a plane that was an Airforce heap of scrap metal which had not flaown in 5 months being used. It was not flight-worthy. When it landed in Brazzaville - its first stop - faults were noticed. It refuelled and they lert it fly to LIbreville. The faults were attended to in Libreville, but not well enough. It should never have been allowed to fly. It was a heap of junk. An engine caught fire and the pilot made a fatal error of switching off power to the wrong engine. He was very tired and should not have flown.

I am onto something very, very big about it that I will realease in a few days time, probably when I get back as I have to transcribe it. There is no evidence that Gabonese shot it down.
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Rosicky on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Extra time. And to think we only have to wait one year to endure this all over again cheers
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Rosicky wrote:Extra time. And to think we only have to wait one year to endure enjoy this all over again cheers

<Ale>
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:17 pm

This is awesome Very Happy

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 pm

The perfect penalty! The standard has been very high in the shoot-out.

Hope someone misses before Gervinho takes one as I have no faith in him converting one.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Either side is praying, no wonder it doesnt end Very Happy

What a story for Zambia it will be!

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Kolo Toure misses! Ludicrously long run up.

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

And another miss! The shoot-out goes on.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

lol!

The Master misses!!

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Gervinho misses. That was incredibly predictable. Sad
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Typical Arsenal Wink

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Zambia win it!

Not a very good match, but an enthralling penalty shoot-out. I just knew Gervinho would miss. Hopefully that won't wreck his confidence for the rest of the season. The favourites fall short yet again.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 pm

EMP where are you? Zambia will do it!!

And they have done!! Finally the North-Western African bias can be stopped now!.
avatar
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal FC
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Cesc Soler on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Horrible penalty, no wonder he was 10th on their list.
avatar
The Prfessr

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by The Prfessr on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm happy in a way for Zambia but this is fucked up for us(Arsenal)

Gervinho will come back depressed with his confidence at an all time low
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Rosicky on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm

lol!

Gervinho, one of the worst penalties you will ever see. It was pretty much off the screen it was so wide (and high).
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Zambia win on penalties and dedicate win to memory of the victims of the 1993 plane crash. Congratualations to the Chipolopolo - winners at 3rd final!

Can't wait until next year!
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Is that bloke walking with some endangered cat species on his cock?

Im so against fur.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Here's a little tidbit for you. At the hotel I bumped into Herve Renard. He said it would be 0-0 and that Zambia would win on penalties. He was joking, but turned out to be prophetic.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:40 pm

It was fitting that Zambia should finally win the Cup of Nations here in Gabon. After all that they went through only a complete Rosicky would begrudge them this.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Second time in six years that Ivory Coast lost on penalties in final
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:45 pm

I like that Zambia coach, he just sits there in his friday night outfit, where most white coaches in Africa always give me a pedophilistic taste in the mouth.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Herve Renard wa Claude le Roy's assistant as Ghana coach in 2008.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Super Progress on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:03 pm

cheers

Congrats to Zambia and what a story this has been for them.


Ivory Coast Erm

Surprises Bubbly
avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Gervinho#arsenalmentalstrength

No

Kolo's penalty was pretty shocking as well - if you are going to run from that far out, smash the ball!

Ivory Coast could do worse than to Nationalise the 20th Choice Spanish playmaker Ale
avatar
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Age : 106
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Deluded F*ck wrote:Gervinho#arsenalmentalstrength

No

Kolo's penalty was pretty shocking as well - if you are going to run from that far out, smash the ball!

Ivory Coast could do worse than to Nationalise the 20th Choice Spanish playmaker Ale

They wouldn't need to but Sven overlooked him in '10 and he was injured this time out (prob wouldn't be selected anyway)...


worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by worms. on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 am

EMP wrote:
Murray wrote:
EMP wrote:
Murray wrote:Hopefully the Gabonese won't shoot down the Zambian team's plane again.

That remark is in very poor taste. That was the worst plane-disaster to affect a national football team. Those players and others deserve some respect.

It's not in poor taste if it's true.

Murray: It's not true. The fault for that crash lies with the then Zambian government and possibly its FA. They penny-pinched and that resulted in a plane that was an Airforce heap of scrap metal which had not flaown in 5 months being used. It was not flight-worthy. When it landed in Brazzaville - its first stop - faults were noticed. It refuelled and they lert it fly to LIbreville. The faults were attended to in Libreville, but not well enough. It should never have been allowed to fly. It was a heap of junk. An engine caught fire and the pilot made a fatal error of switching off power to the wrong engine. He was very tired and should not have flown.

I am onto something very, very big about it that I will realease in a few days time, probably when I get back as I have to transcribe it. There is no evidence that Gabonese shot it down.

How retarded do you get to switch off the wrong engine Doh
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by EMP on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:58 pm

worms wrote:
EMP wrote:
Murray wrote:
EMP wrote:
Murray wrote:Hopefully the Gabonese won't shoot down the Zambian team's plane again.

That remark is in very poor taste. That was the worst plane-disaster to affect a national football team. Those players and others deserve some respect.

It's not in poor taste if it's true.

Murray: It's not true. The fault for that crash lies with the then Zambian government and possibly its FA. They penny-pinched and that resulted in a plane that was an Airforce heap of scrap metal which had not flaown in 5 months being used. It was not flight-worthy. When it landed in Brazzaville - its first stop - faults were noticed. It refuelled and they lert it fly to LIbreville. The faults were attended to in Libreville, but not well enough. It should never have been allowed to fly. It was a heap of junk. An engine caught fire and the pilot made a fatal error of switching off power to the wrong engine. He was very tired and should not have flown.

I am onto something very, very big about it that I will realease in a few days time, probably when I get back as I have to transcribe it. There is no evidence that Gabonese shot it down.

How retarded do you get to switch off the wrong engine Doh

No. How retarded is it to force a knackered pilot to fly a long distance flight without proper rest after having flown another flight. An unflightworthy plane and a very tired pilot is a recipe for disaster.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by worms. on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm

EMP wrote:
worms wrote:
EMP wrote:
Murray wrote:
EMP wrote:
Murray wrote:Hopefully the Gabonese won't shoot down the Zambian team's plane again.

That remark is in very poor taste. That was the worst plane-disaster to affect a national football team. Those players and others deserve some respect.

It's not in poor taste if it's true.

Murray: It's not true. The fault for that crash lies with the then Zambian government and possibly its FA. They penny-pinched and that resulted in a plane that was an Airforce heap of scrap metal which had not flaown in 5 months being used. It was not flight-worthy. When it landed in Brazzaville - its first stop - faults were noticed. It refuelled and they lert it fly to LIbreville. The faults were attended to in Libreville, but not well enough. It should never have been allowed to fly. It was a heap of junk. An engine caught fire and the pilot made a fatal error of switching off power to the wrong engine. He was very tired and should not have flown.

I am onto something very, very big about it that I will realease in a few days time, probably when I get back as I have to transcribe it. There is no evidence that Gabonese shot it down.

How retarded do you get to switch off the wrong engine Doh

No. How retarded is it to force a knackered pilot to fly a long distance flight without proper rest after having flown another flight. An unflightworthy plane and a very tired pilot is a recipe for disaster.

No excuse at all,when something life threatening happens like a plane engine catching fire your adrenaline kicks in and you become alert.Being tired is a shit excuse,he only had to press a button or lever and he pushed/pulled the wrong one.

Whoever the pilot was was not fit to be a pilot.

Sponsored content

Re: African Cup of Nations

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 am