FC Barcelona - Mundial de Clubes Campeones!

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: FC Barcelona - Mundial de Clubes Campeones!

Post by fcb on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 am

Pedro continues his schedule this season of being fit for one game and injured for 3. He has a muscle injury again and Alexis has been called up to the squad despite being injured as well...but since it's a shoulder injury, they'll risk him with painkillers if necessary.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:50 am

Apparently Milan have signed Maxi Lopez. WTF lol!
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 pm

fcb wrote:Apparently Milan have signed Maxi Lopez. WTF lol!

I saw that the front page of the Milan website proclaimed "MAXI IS OURS!!!!" Laughing
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:04 pm

fcb wrote:Pedro continues his schedule this season of being fit for one game and injured for 3. He has a muscle injury again and Alexis has been called up to the squad despite being injured as well...but since it's a shoulder injury, they'll risk him with painkillers if necessary.

Seems to be a lot of injuries this season. Pedro, Iniesta, Sanchez, Afellay, Cesc, Villa, Pique, Puyol have all been on the treatment table at point or another.

Don't think there is point in the club signing anyone though, because one players start to come back there will be a lot of depth.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Yes, but once they come back, others get injured, or the same players (Alexis, Pedro, Iniesta being the main culprits) get injured repeatedly.

Anyway, signings won't happen. It'll just be youth team players now.
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:Apparently Milan have signed Maxi Lopez. WTF lol!

I saw that the front page of the Milan website proclaimed "MAXI IS OURS!!!!" Laughing

I have been on the Maxi Lopez hype since the 606 days cheers
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:18 am

its all over now, such is football
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:23 am

The last team to overcome a 7 point lead in the second half of the season was Rafa Benitez's 03-04 Valencia (thanks a lot Queiroz). It will be difficult for us to keep the pace but you will definitely have to be a lot less sh!t away from the Camp Nou.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:10 am

There's no way it's happening...it was obvious back in November when the team was already 6 points behind. But apparently some smart people on this board told us otherwise Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it's clear that the team is a victim of the 3 year cycle (copyright Jonathan Wilson). There's a lack of spark, a lack of hunger, no freshness, too many injuries. Previously the team would play in a fury for at least 60 mins, scoring 3 or 4 goals. Now they play at peak for only 10-15 mins a match, score 1 goal, and think they can relax. Or in most away games, they never really get going.

Need to focus on the two cup competitions now.
TITO

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 am

Apparently Tevez was offered to us in the last minute, but we rejected.
Don't know what to think of it, maybe he wont do more bad that it is in the moment.
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 am

It would be an extra body when we desperately need some. But the guy brings too much baggage with him, and would be really expensive. Also, when he played wide-ish for Argentina with Messi in the middle, it didn't quite work well. I don't think the two of them get along.
fcb

Post by fcb on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 am

Last night sums up why we're so far behind in the league this season. Again a game where the opponents show more fight (literally in many cases) and are able to disrupt our game. Our players are just about able to match it and overcome it, but only in spells. And eventually they lack the little bit extra spark needed to convert the occasional dominance into a win. In the cup, this works ok because 1-1 away is a decent result. But in the league, it's a killer.

Bit odd to see Pep saying "Es el mejor partido que hemos jugado aquí desde que soy entrenador del Barcelona". He seems to do it after every tough 1-1 or 2-2 away from home. Clearly, it wasn't.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Més que un club wrote:

I've hated that guy for over a decade now! F*CK OFF PUYOL!!!!!! Biggrin
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Watched Villarreal B vs. Barcelona B. Game ended 0-0, mainly due to the terrible finishing of our front 3: Kiko (what a flop he's been for 2 million), Rodri (another flop for 1.5 million), and Delofeu (who reminded me of Ronaldo - running fast and shooting wildly). Poor decision making, rushed shots, no accuracy, no power. Bad game from all of them. The team dominated play but the forwards couldn't convert any of the numerous good chances that were created. Dongou got a 5 minute runout at the end but didn't even touch the ball.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 am

The Puyol double roulette is brilliant... but for sheer composure this is the best piece of play I've seen by a defender this season:

king Ale

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:The Puyol double roulette is brilliant... but for sheer composure this is the best piece of play I've seen by a defender this season:

king Ale

Seriously?

Is that what's classed as a nice piece of skill in the DPL these days Laughing
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Més que un club wrote:
Deluded F*ck™ wrote:The Puyol double roulette is brilliant... but for sheer composure this is the best piece of play I've seen by a defender this season:

king Ale

Seriously?

Even i have to say that piece of play has nothing on Puyol's. He missed controlled the ball to begin with for fuck sake.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Més que un club wrote:

king Ale

Seriously?

Aren't you constantly perpetuating that Black players have no brains?

I wasn't talking about skill, just composure, King had a potentially dangerous situation with one of the fastest player in the league closing him down and he got himself out of trouble beautifully.

You wanked yourself silly when Busquets did something similar to Ozil just 2 weeks ago.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:32 am

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:
Més que un club wrote:

king Ale

Seriously?

Aren't you constantly perpetuating that Black players have no brains?

I wasn't talking about skill, just composure, King had a potentially dangerous situation with one of the fastest player in the league closing him down and he got himself out of trouble beautifully.

You wanked yourself silly when Busquets did something similar to Ozil just 2 weeks ago.

"Aren't you constantly perpetuating that Black players have no brains?"

Nope you have twisted what I said there,I have said that in general African/Black players are less creative in football.

"I wasn't talking about skill, just composure, King had a potentially dangerous situation with one of the fastest player in the league closing him down and he got himself out of trouble beautifully."

Ye I know what you meant,it's pretty good just nothing special and nowhere near as good as Puyols skill in which you comapared it to.

And you said this " but for sheer composure this is the best piece of play I've seen by a defender this season" I've seen loads of pieces of composure by defenders this season which are much better.Mainly for Barca of course and teams like Valencia as well who play it out from the back.

"You wanked yourself silly when Busquets did something similar to Ozil just 2 weeks ago." Come on now Busquets feint is clearly better.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:40 am

With 37 goals and 19 assists, Messi has been directly involved in 48% (56/117) of Barcelona's goals this season
TITO

Post by TITO on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 am

I know we have all these problems with injuries and Pep got no choice but sometimes (this season quite often) to use the youngsters. But using them too much just brings confidence to the teams we are facing.
I mean, imagine how would you feel if you have to face Villa, Alexis, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Abidal... or in the other hand Cuenca, JDS, Tello or whoever.
Automatically you are boosted with confidence and you think that you have a chance to get something from this game, and especially if you are playing at home.
No doubt that Messi needs rest, but i think that it has more to do wit the others helping this case. For the moment the whole burden is on Messi's shoulders, and partly in Puyol's in defense. For Messi to feel more relieved and play freely he needs the players i mentioned above at their best. This is missing.
And when he doesn't have his buddies beside him you could see that his confidence was at his career low. Some of the misses in the last games were ridiculous for a player of his caliber.
Anyway, Tello should start the next game ahead of Cuenca, he just looks more brave than him to take the opposition player.
At this moment we are in the same position RM was in the previous seasons, trying to catch us, but only seeing how we don't lose at all and they were left frustrated. That's how are players are feeling right now, frustrated. Almost like they cannot catch RM, no matter what they do, because it's all down to them to beat them, and that's not enough to win the title.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 am

Well, once the injuries happened, I don't see what else Pep can do. It's true that opposition teams fear our top players more, but you can't play the remaining 11 or 12 in every game, or they'll just burn out and we'll have more injuries and fatigue. They're managing to do ok now, but I'm scared to think of what the team's state is going to be in April and May Yikes

One option was to sign players in January, but I see the club's point of view on it. It's expensive and not worth the time it would take for the new guys to settle. 1 attacker wouldn't have hurt though...it was an area we were already short on from the start of the season itself. Agree with you that Tello should be more involved, even if only as a sub - his pace is explosive. I was hoping to see more of him in the 1st leg against Valencia, but he'll surely get a good chance in the 2nd leg to leave Miguel trailing in his wake.

For the injuries, the preventive care needed to take place before the fact. The pre-season was not even a good one, with constant injuries and mixed dates when players joined training. Pedro, Alexis, and Iniesta have got the exact same injuries 3 or 4 times (5 in Iniesta's case) this season. That's unacceptable and can't be just down to bad luck.

Spain are fucked for sure this summer - lack of motivation plus injury-affected seasons for most of the key players.

TITO

Post by TITO on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:37 am

I can't believe that the Special Five is now even using the black magic and releasing a black cat through our pitch!!!
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:33 pm

lol! @ kas' avatar!
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Clasificación de mejor entrenador del mundo del siglo XXI de la Federación Internacional de Historia y Estadística del Fútbol (IFFHS).

1. Sir Alexander Ferguson 166
2. Arsène Wenger 165
3. José Mourinho 154
4. Fabio Capello 135
5. Guus Hiddink 112
6. Carlo Ancelotti 108
7. Vicente del Bosque 104
8. Marcelo Alberto Bielsa 101
9. Luiz Felipe Scolari 101
10. Rafael Benítez 97
11. Marcello Lippi 88
12. Franklin Rijkaard 80
13. Sven-Göran Eriksson 79
14. Karel Brückner 76
15. Joachim Löw 76
16. Carlos Alberto Gomes Parreira 65
17. Ottmar Hitzfeld 65
18. Dunga Brasil 62
19. Roberto Mancini 62
20. Otto Rehhagel 61
21. Giovanni Trapattoni 61
22. Josep Guardiola 59
23. Bert van Marwick 57
24. Carlos Bianchi 53
25. Morten Olsen 51

SUCK IT PEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggrin
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:06 pm

has this been reported in Spain?

Seydou Keita made a tearful appeal for peace in his country. Recently more than 20 Tuaregs who want an independent in the north of Mali were killed during fighting near Timbuktu. Keita used the platform of The African Cup of Nations to call for peace in a gesture reminiscent of that of Didier Drogba and his Ivorian team-mates during the Civil war in his country.
“I'm appealing to the people to stop,” Keita told a press conference. “It's not normal, we don't do that. We need peace, we are all Malians. The president of the republic needs to do the most he can to stop it. We are celebrating our win but at the same time we feel very sad. There is a sadness among the players,”
Keita then broke down in tears.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah they mentioned it on SPORT. I know a friend who was working in Mali for the last year so I heard about the protests in Bamako and the outbreaks of fighting in the north. Hopefully there will be peace. Ale
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Jaime wrote:Yeah they mentioned it on SPORT. I know a friend who was working in Mali for the last year so I heard about the protests in Bamako and the outbreaks of fighting in the north. Hopefully there will be peace. Ale

Glad to hear that. Check your PM when you get a chance.

worms.

Post by worms. on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 am

Busquets training yesterday Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:39 am