FC Barcelona - Mundial de Clubes Campeones!

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: FC Barcelona - Mundial de Clubes Campeones!

Post by 110% on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 am

In the second picture he looks like he is about to go down, roll and cover his face. Didn't realise he practised it (c**t).
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:08 am

Next 3 fixtures in the league are huge...the hardest games left apart from Real Madrid at home in April. Athletic and Espanyol are also at home later in the season, but not as difficult as these 3 games:

Feb 11: Away to "we'll-kick-the-shit-out-of-you" Osasuna
Feb 19: At home against Valencia
Feb 26: Away to "we'll-kick-the-shit-out-of-you-*and*-keep-a-clean-sheet" Atletico

Good thing that everyone is fit and available again. I think if the team can get 9 points out of these games, the league will really be a fight and Madrid will feel some pressure. They have easy games in Feb but the tricky ones in March/April.

But if there are any dropped points by Barça in these 3 games, it's time to start resting players and focusing on the CL.

Too bad then that February is always the worst month under Guardiola and the team always loses games during this month Sad
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:34 am

According to Zubi, Oriol Romeu will not be bought back this summer. I agree with that - I think he's been ok at Chelsea but not spectacular, and probably isn't worth spending 10m euros.

Bojan definitely won't be bought back either, and I don't think he wants to return anyway.

Oier has been renewed and will stay as 3rd keeper. Pinto will be 2nd keeper.

Big interest in Thiago Silva, but if not him, then Bale. I would be happy with either - both are top players and would be very exciting signings.

And also according to Zubi: Dos Santos, Bartra, Montoya, and Muniesa are all guaranteed promotion to the first team, as per their recent contract renewals. Which is going to make the team very crowded...surely one or two of them will have to be sold (apparently they can't be loaned either, according to the contract Doh ), along with Keita and possibly Afellay, who have many clubs following them. Fontas will probably go too.

This is what I hope to see - solid 25 man squad to cover injuries, and Tello can drop into the B team when needed.

Valdes, Pinto, Oier

Alves, Montoya

Thiago Silva, Puyol

Pique, Bartra

Abidal, Adriano, Muniesa

Busquets, Mascherano

Xavi, Thiago

Iniesta, Afellay

Alexis, Pedro

Messi, Cesc, Tello

Villa, Cuenca

Sell: Keita, Dos Santos

Sell with buyback option: Fontas

Loan: Sergi Roberto

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 am

Na I really hope we don't waste money on Bale,he's obviously a good player but he's overrated for me.He wouldn't succeed at Barca, he plays a lot better when he's got space to run into which means if he played LW he would be useless,his close control in tight spaces is not good enough to play that high up the pitch for a team like Barca where the opposition rarely give us any space.

If you mean you want him for LB then Jordi Alba is simply a better player in that position and would be quite a lot cheaper,plus Bales never been that good at LB.Alba has been amazing this season and has shown he can play LM as well,he's got better close control and dribbling in tight spaces than Bale.

Bale should stay in the PL,the league suits his game perfectly.

I would be happy if we just got Alba in the summer but in an ideal world we would get one of Silva or Hummels to.Maybe a striker/winger who can score goals as well but if Villa can get back to anywhere near his best then we should be ok in that position.
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 am

I'm worried that the club will sell the likes of Bartra and Montoya in exchange for Alba. He's an alright player but I'd rather keep our own youth players.

Keita could well go to Milan as part of any deal for Thiago Silva.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:27 am

Dream on about T.Silva. Don't see Milan selling him.

Bale is reportedly worth 140m. Good luck negotiating Laughing

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:27 am

fcb wrote:I'm worried that the club will sell the likes of Bartra and Montoya in exchange for Alba. He's an alright player but I'd rather keep our own youth players.

Keita could well go to Milan as part of any deal for Thiago Silva.

I heard Liverpool want him in the summer,he would get in Liverpools midfield ahead of Adam short term but he's 32.

I guess he would be worth it for 2 million which is reported here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2098114/Liverpool-target-Seydou-Keita.html
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 am

Fade out wrote:Dream on about T.Silva. Don't see Milan selling him.

You never know what's possible. There's talk that the player himself is open to a move, and once that's the case, the selling club's position is usually weakened.

Bale worth 140m? lol!

Are you sure the 1 in front is not a typo?

If it's 40m, yes, that's understandable. But I reckon that we would have to pay 30m plus Afellay and Montoya (who Spurs have been interested in for a while), something like that, to get Bale. And I don't think it's worth it if we're losing talented canteranos.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Bale is a bit of an odd one for you lot. I like him a lot, but he is the very antithesis of how you play. Wtf would you do with such a direct player?????? Laughing

I think Montoya will be sold honestly. There is a lot of interest in him and Dani Alves is still just 28. He is going to own that position for a long time plus you have Puyol who can still slide over to right back in a crunch (or against Valencia).

Can't really see Afellay staying either. Was a really silly signing imo.
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Well I used to think the same about him - needs space and can't play a short passing game in tight spaces - but in the past few weeks I've watched him a few times for Spurs, and he certainly has the technical ability to play Barça's game. I've been very impressed. It's just that Spurs don't use him the same way (and you can't blame them because in the Premier League his current style is ideal) but I think he can really grow as a player if he moves abroad.
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 pm

fcb wrote:According to Zubi, Oriol Romeu will not be bought back this summer. I agree with that - I think he's been ok at Chelsea but not spectacular, and probably isn't worth spending 10m euros.

Bojan definitely won't be bought back either, and I don't think he wants to return anyway.

Oier has been renewed and will stay as 3rd keeper. Pinto will be 2nd keeper.

Big interest in Thiago Silva, but if not him, then Bale. I would be happy with either - both are top players and would be very exciting signings.

And also according to Zubi: Dos Santos, Bartra, Montoya, and Muniesa are all guaranteed promotion to the first team, as per their recent contract renewals. Which is going to make the team very crowded...surely one or two of them will have to be sold (apparently they can't be loaned either, according to the contract Doh ), along with Keita and possibly Afellay, who have many clubs following them. Fontas will probably go too.

This is what I hope to see - solid 25 man squad to cover injuries, and Tello can drop into the B team when needed.

Valdes, Pinto, Oier

Alves, Montoya

Thiago Silva, Puyol

Pique, Bartra

Abidal, Adriano, Muniesa

Busquets, Mascherano

Xavi, Thiago

Iniesta, Afellay

Alexis, Pedro

Messi, Cesc, Tello

Villa, Cuenca

Sell: Keita, Dos Santos

Sell with buyback option: Fontas

Loan: Sergi Roberto

Would agree with that for the most part, though I would sell Fontas outright (he is never going to be good enough for a side like Barca IMO), and I'd be inclined to sell Cuenca, as I don't quite get the hype with him. Certainly I don't think he would be missed if sold.

So Keita, Dos Santos, Fontas, Cuenca - (25m (or there abouts) you'd expect.

I also don't think Muniesa should be pigeon-holed into the LB position. He is a CB IMO, who can cover if need be at LB, but that certainly isn't his position.

That would leave your average match day squad as

First XI: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Villa, Messi

Bench: Pinto, Bartra, Adriano, Masch, Thiago, Cesc, Pedro

Would still leave the likes of Afellay, Muniesa, Montoya, Tello not even making it.

That is obviously assuming everyone is fit, but it'll certainly be interesting to see how things materialise in terms of the squad next season. Eitherway, the B team is certainly going to be decimated.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:23 pm

No I agree he is not just a facking runner like some think. He definitely has technical ability. I just believe his mentality is more straight ahead. But I guess like you say that could change in a different environment.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Calidad wrote:
So Keita, Dos Santos, Fontas, Cuenca - 25m (or there abouts) you'd expect.

What kind of crazy drugs are you on?
Calidad

Post by Calidad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 pm

In terms of purchases, I genuinely don't feel they are necessary next season. Puyol (despite his superman performances recently) can't go on forever. So he will probably either retire or need to be replaced within the next couple of seasons. I think Muniesa and Bartra certainly have the talent to merit a chance, and by chance, I mean a season or two to see whether or they can be those replacements, as they rotate with Pique/Puyol. They'll probably fuck up a few times, but they do have ability.

Certainly, if they are eventually not deemed good enough for the side, I would only be looking at three options. Kompany, Silva and Hummels. The latter would probably be my choice, age and affordability considered, but at this time I don't think they are needed.

MF is fine I would say for about the next 50 years.

In the FW positions, I expect Messi to continue in a similar vein and Alexis to continue to improve. Villa I think will come back, and regain his spot as first choice. Pedro and Afellay are good as rotation options. When Villa leaves, I would probably for Neymar.

Calidad

Post by Calidad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Jaime wrote:
Calidad wrote:

Keita (ignoring the POS published by the Daily Fail) 6-10m. Dos Santos 4-6m. Cuenca 5-8m. Fontas 2-3m.

Don't think it's that unreasonable an amount.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Not being bias but Koscielny is as good as those three CBs Calidad mentioned.

I think Kevin mentioned it a few weeks back but if there is an Arsenal player you really should go for, it's him and not RVP Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Calidad wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Calidad wrote:

Keita (ignoring the POS published by the Daily Fail) 6-10m. Dos Santos 4-6m. Cuenca 5-8m. Fontas 2-3m.

Don't think it's that unreasonable an amount.

In the first place I don't think Keita will go. Pep loves him too much. Otherwise I doubt anyone will pay more than 5m for a 32 year old midfielder.

Unless some of those crazy portuguese teams are involved I don't think you'll be seeing prices that high for JDS (wtf has he even done?) or Cuenca (who probably isn't going anywhere either). Fontas...maybe 2m. But you also have to remember Barcelona are sh!t at negotiating player sales. Most thought Jonathan Soriano would go for 2-3m and they got 700.000 euro. Laughing

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Cuencas been brilliant so far especially considering it's his first season,there's no way we will be selling him any time soon and rightly so.
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Not being bias but Koscielny is as good as those three CBs Calidad mentioned.

I think Kevin mentioned it a few weeks back but if there is an Arsenal player you really should go for, it's him and not RVP Ale

Laurent better than Mats Hummels, Kompany or Silva? Now look, let's not get ahead of ourselves or we will be accused of that old Arsenal disease, with some justification Smile
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:12 pm

fcb wrote:
Fade out wrote:Dream on about T.Silva. Don't see Milan selling him.

You never know what's possible. There's talk that the player himself is open to a move, and once that's the case, the selling club's position is usually weakened.

Bale worth 140m? lol!

Are you sure the 1 in front is not a typo?

If it's 40m, yes, that's understandable. But I reckon that we would have to pay 30m plus Afellay and Montoya (who Spurs have been interested in for a while), something like that, to get Bale. And I don't think it's worth it if we're losing talented canteranos.

The media over here were reporting that Levy had stuck a 140million pricetag on his head.

It's bollocks of course. Unless it's written into his contract as a buy out clause, then it's just waffle.

If Bale were to leave Spurs, I'd like to see him go to Barca or Madrid for sure. He's not the best player in the World as some in the media over here might try to have us believe, but he's an excellent player who is not as one skilled as some would believe.
Calidad

Post by Calidad on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Bale does have th makings of an excellent player, but given Barca's style, I think impact would be limited in their forward positions. I think he'd offer a lot as a LB in their system, but for that to happen he'd need to improve defensively, and who say's he wants to??

Barca also have a couple of very talented prospects in that position.

I don't think Madrid need him.

If he leaves Spurs I think he'll end up at City or Utd
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:28 pm

This is what Maxi Lopez looks like these days lol!

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:50 pm

don't see what JDS has done to deserve promotion ahead of roberto, except for the fact that at his age he shouldn't be playing in the second division.

Muniesa i thought would have been given another season with the b team to show he has really gotten over his injuries, but he seems to be getting back some of the pace that made him something special.

bartra will be great if he continues to develop no worries with him or montoya.

Afellay i think will be given one more season to show what he can really do, with a proper season, then be shipped out with kieta and JDS in 14/15 season
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 pm

fcb wrote:Next 3 fixtures in the league are huge...the hardest games left apart from Real Madrid at home in April. Athletic and Espanyol are also at home later in the season, but not as difficult as these 3 games:

Feb 11: Away to "we'll-kick-the-shit-out-of-you" Osasuna
Feb 19: At home against Valencia
Feb 26: Away to "we'll-kick-the-shit-out-of-you-*and*-keep-a-clean-sheet" Atletico

Good thing that everyone is fit and available again. I think if the team can get 9 points out of these games, the league will really be a fight and Madrid will feel some pressure. They have easy games in Feb but the tricky ones in March/April.

But if there are any dropped points by Barça in these 3 games, it's time to start resting players and focusing on the CL.

Too bad then that February is always the worst month under Guardiola and the team always loses games during this month Sad

Couldn't even do the first one lol!

The league is over, now the goal is simply to prevent Madrid winning it at/before the Clasico on April 22.
TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:55 pm

PEP OUT!!!

For the 10th time i'm saying this!!!
Murray

Number of posts : 10197

Post by Murray on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:27 pm

fcb wrote:This is what Maxi Lopez looks like these days lol!

He got a goal & an assist in Milan's 2-1 win at Udinese today.

He also did a ridiculous dive.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 am

pale
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:58 am

So much pressure to win the CL now. And that's not healthy for a knockout competition, when you already face a lot of pressure and anything can happen. Things are a bit less in your control when compared to a league.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 am

Puyols win streak finally ends Crying or Very sad

56 games
4543 minutes
663 days

Great record and probably the best in recent history.

http://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t10658p72-puyol-doesn-t-like-losing

O well at least we can concentrate on the CL now 100 percent,in 2010 we had a very tough away game at Espanyol before the Inter game,who knows if we would have rested all our players we could have scored 1 more goal which would have got us through.

We are still the best team in the world and favourites to win the CL,only Madrid come close.

Last edited by worms on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:54 am

worms wrote:Puyols win streak finally ends Crying or Very sad

56 games
4543 minutes
661 days

Great record and probably the best in recent history.

http://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t10658p72-puyol-doesn-t-like-losing

O well at least we can concentrate on the CL now 100 percent,in 2010 we had a very tough away game at Espanyol before the Inter game,who knows if we would have rested all our players we could have scored 1 more goal which would have got us through.

We are still the best team in the world and favourites to win the CL,only Madrid come close.

Only when Mourinho is not too busy impersonating Stoke Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 am