FC Barcelona - Mundial de Clubes Campeones!

Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: FC Barcelona - Mundial de Clubes Campeones!

Post by Calidad on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 pm

As a squad you have to feel it's pretty much complete?

I keep hearing the squad lacks depth, but if everyone is fit and available, the bench would look something like this

Pinto, Mascherano, Adriano, Fabregas, Thiago, Afellay, Pedro

That's not including Keita (who I would personally sell), Cuenca, Montoya, Roberto, Bartra etc.

Oh, and Hleb.

So for me, the squad needs to be trimmed slightly.

Out: Keita, Fontas, JDS (too good for Segunda) - raise about 10m?

It looks as if Riverola and Soriano are going too, for about 2m in total.

Promote: Bartra, Montoya

Loan: Cuenca, Roberto

That would leave

Valdes/Pinto

Alves/Montoya----Pique/Bartra----Puyol/Masch----Abidal/Adriano
--------------------------------Busquets/Masch
------------------Xavi/Thiago/Cesc-----Iniesta/Thiago/Afellay
Sanchez/Pedro/Afellay-------Messi/Cesc/Sanchez-------Villa/Sanchez/Pedro

Of course, Neymar (who I actually think would improve the front line will probably come in the summer), but I'd personally wait until the 2013/14 season to purchase him or someone else.

Afellay will probably be sold, but I do really like him.

And fontas and Keita will probably stay, but that's just what I would do

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 pm

the club doesn't have a history of loaning players it rates, so the odds of cuenca and even more so roberto being loaned out is slim to none, we their is a much better chance of them selling keita and afellay
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 pm

messiah wrote:the club doesn't have a history of loaning players it rates, so the odds of cuenca and even more so roberto being loaned out is slim to none, we their is a much better chance of them selling keita and afellay

Cuenca has already been loaned out, no?
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Calidad wrote:
messiah wrote:the club doesn't have a history of loaning players it rates, so the odds of cuenca and even more so roberto being loaned out is slim to none, we their is a much better chance of them selling keita and afellay

Cuenca has already been loaned out, no?

yeah, but that was before they realized how much potential he had, if he were to leave now it would be though a sale and not a loan
messiah

Post by messiah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:28 am

Barcelona and Real Madrid have now both won 86 clasicos. Before Guardiola became coach, Madrid had won 85, Barcelona 77 #fcblive [via opta]
messiah

Post by messiah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:04 am

is it just be are is all the madrid players looking at messi right here, even ronaldo who should be tracking abidal

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:33 am

Is the linesman also looking at messi? The picture makes it look like Abidal my be offside Wink.

What a c**t cronaldo is though. If you cannot be bothered to track back at least shout at someone when you let the player run past you.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:42 am

The ball is about three metres away from Messi.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 am

110% wrote:Is the linesman also looking at messi? The picture makes it look like Abidal my be offside Wink.

What a c**t cronaldo is though. If you cannot be bothered to track back at least shout at someone when you let the player run past you.

He does see him,he glances at Abidal but Abidal is already yards ahead by the time he sees him.He could have shouted to Altontop though who is still the main one to blame.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Next season's jerseys, according to SPORT.

Fucking ugly, according to me and most other Barça fans, judging by a poll on their site.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 pm

fcb wrote:Next season's jerseys, according to SPORT.

Fucking ugly, according to me and most other Barça fans, judging by a poll on their site.

I like the idea of an orange away kit but the home kit is horrible,what happened to red and blue stripes ffs?

We havent had a yellow away kit in a few years as well,that would be nice.
messiah

Post by messiah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:43 pm

hate them all
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Més que un club wrote:
110% wrote:Is the linesman also looking at messi? The picture makes it look like Abidal my be offside Wink.

He does see him,he glances at Abidal but Abidal is already yards ahead by the time he sees him.He could have shouted to Altontop though who is still the main one to blame.

Ronaldo probably doesnt even know Altintop's name! Laughing
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Pele: "Cuando Messi gane tres Mundiales y marque 1.283 goles hablamos" lol!
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:24 pm

messiah wrote:

is it just be are is all the madrid players looking at messi right here, even ronaldo who should be tracking abidal

They were all looking at him because he had the ball. The only person in that picture who is out of position is the RB (although Ronaldo *should* either be covering or marking Iniesta).

Edit: In fact, none of the 3 midfielders around him are looking at him. Neither is one of the CBs (Ramos?).

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Pepe is a DISGRACE!!! wrote:Pele: "Cuando Messi gane tres Mundiales y marque 1.283 goles hablamos" lol!

I can't even read spanish but I just know he said something like Messi will never be as good as me unless he scores 1283 goles.

Maybe Messi already has if he counts goals he scored in training and on the school playground like Pele does.
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:47 pm

S4P wrote:
Edit: In fact, none of the 3 midfielders around him are looking at him. Neither is one of the CBs (Ramos?).

Yes, because he has released the ball a couple of seconds before this picture was taken.
S4P

Post by S4P on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm

fcb wrote:
S4P wrote:

Yes, because he has released the ball a couple of seconds before this picture was taken.

Exactly. But I was responding to Messiah's comment "Is it me, or are they all looking at Messi?"
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Més que un club wrote:
Pepe is a DISGRACE!!! wrote:Pele: "Cuando Messi gane tres Mundiales y marque 1.283 goles hablamos" lol!

I can't even read spanish but I just know he said something like Messi will never be as good as me unless he scores 1283 goles.

Maybe Messi already has if he counts goals he scored in training and on the school playground like Pele does.

Pelé: "When Messi wins three World Cups and scores 1,283 goals, we'll talk then"

I think when Pelé is about to expire, he'll say he scored 5,000 goals. lol!

A while ago I carefully researched Pelé's goals in official matches and I came up with around 700 goals in about the same number of official matches or from his very first game with Santos until his last game with NY Cosmos including playing for Brasil. You see I found the over 1,200 goals scored in his 20 years as a pro a bit fantastic, and I always search for the truth 'cause the truth shall set you free. Biggrin <Ale>

His 700 goals in roughly the same number of official matches are still quite a remarkable achievement none the less. <Ale>

Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Pele counts all the goals he scored at school in his total of 1283 or whateever it is

worms.

Post by worms. on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 am

PuroReturns wrote:
Més que un club wrote:

Pelé: "When Messi wins three World Cups and scores 1,283 goals, we'll talk then"

I think when Pelé is about to expire, he'll say he scored 5,000 goals. lol!

A while ago I carefully researched Pelé's goals in official matches and I came up with around 700 goals in about the same number of official matches or from his very first game with Santos until his last game with NY Cosmos including playing for Brasil. You see I found the over 1,200 goals scored in his 20 years as a pro a bit fantastic, and I always search for the truth 'cause the truth shall set you free. Biggrin <Ale>

His 700 goals in roughly the same number of official matches are still quite a remarkable achievement none the less. <Ale>

I know he even counts goals he scored in the army Laughing His ego is so big he talks about himself in third person and he attacks any player who is a "threat" to his believed number one status.Even though I think more people rate Maradona as number 1 including me.

His goal record is still great but you have to remember in those days the average goals per game in the Brazilian league and World Cup etc was literally double what it is now(due to teams playing with attacking formations like 2 - 3 - 5 and poor defending in general),if he was playing now I don't think he would score more than Messi and I have never seen a video which shows Pele completing amazing passes and assists like Messi does on a regular basis.

Here's a quote by Pele the other day "People always ask me 'When is the new Pele going to be born?' Never. My father and mother have closed the factory." Smile

Last edited by Més que un club on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
S4P

Post by S4P on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:58 am

According to Wiki, his "official" goal tally is about 680, so it's almost half of the amount that he's claiming.

Won't be long before he and Romario start counting goals they've scored on FIFA with the Classic XI.
TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm sure he also included those goals against the Nazis that he scored.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:32 pm

TITO wrote:I'm sure he also included those goals against the Nazis that he scored.

lol!
Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:26 pm

I don't think many would disagree that Messi will probably get over 500 goals in his career. Which comparatively (lower scoring games) is probably more impressive than Pele's actual figure.
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:31 am

Sanchez and iniesta injured, fuck it to hell
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Alexis for two weeks, Iniesta for three. According to AS it is now 25 different injuries this season. What happened, Pep ran out of his vitamin shakes?
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Fucking ridiculous that we have these injuries again. It's the 5th time Iniesta has had this same injury this season...I'm worried about the long-term damage to him. The physios at the club are as incompetent as Arsenal this season.
Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:51 pm

fcb wrote:Fucking ridiculous that we have these injuries again. It's the 5th time Iniesta has had this same injury this season...I'm worried about the long-term damage to him. The physios at the club are as incompetent as Arsenal this season.

Does anyone else take some sort of perverse pleasure from seeing Kas throw a hissy fit.

Bit harsh on the Physios considering Barca have had a brilliant injury record for the past few seasons. Might be a link with the Iniesta playing more than 40 matches a season for the past 7 years.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Hlebagone wrote:
fcb wrote:Fucking ridiculous that we have these injuries again. It's the 5th time Iniesta has had this same injury this season...I'm worried about the long-term damage to him. The physios at the club are as incompetent as Arsenal this season.

Does anyone else take some sort of perverse pleasure from seeing Kas throw a hissy fit.

Bit harsh on the Physios considering Barca have had a brilliant injury record for the past few seasons. Might be a link with the Iniesta playing more than 40 matches a season for the past 7 years.

ok Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:47 am