Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 04, 2012 6:39 pm

I think it's alright, very start trek.

It's a bit sensible though, i prefer obscene away shirts.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm

http://soccerlens.com/newcastles-summer-2012-transfer-targets/93235/

I will take Douglas, Debuchy, Butterfield, and that Maher kid please. Smiley
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Mon May 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Debuchy is potentially better than Sagna. Yes please!
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun May 13, 2012 6:07 pm

TRANSFER SILLINESS!!!

Simpson, Gosling, and Guthrie seem to be leaving, shame about Guthrie, he has grown on me. The club are in negotiations with Ba, who knows what will happen there. Also Smith is leaving with his 60k per week contract, and there is Lovenkrands, and Forster will be sold to Celtic. They seem to want to sell Best aswell. Sad

Simpson is a funny one, he is getting linked to Chelsea, people outside Newcastle seem to think he is a good, and a common opinion is that Santon is a flop. I assure you, Simpson is poor and Santon is twice the player.

Romain Amalfitano and Benjamin Corgnet seem very likely signings, also Pardew said "We are trying to bring another player to the club who is close to Yohan Cabaye. That is another little connection and a bit of a clue for you." which is obviously Debuchy.

Back ups

Elliot Embarassed

Perch Jacko
Taylor Hump
Williamson Coffee
R.Taylor @

Amilfitano Bam

Obertan scratch
Marveaux Biggrin

Shola alien
Sammy albino

actually it seems most of our midfield and striking back-ups might be kids that I want to go on loan, Shane Ferguson, Vuckic, Abeid, and probably Sammy. Maybe Xisco will play a role next season. geek
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sun May 13, 2012 6:21 pm

No Britishers Crazy

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Sun May 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Next year is our year.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun May 13, 2012 6:34 pm

fcb wrote:No Britishers Crazy

I know. Razz Danny Simpson turned down a final contract offer of 25k per week, I bet Cabaye isn't on much more than that, he can fuck off.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Sun May 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Congratulations on a great season. You really exceeded all expectations, and brought in some superb players. Hopefully our next manager will actually utilise Gio dos Santos and he can become our Ben Arfa!
Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin on Sun May 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I'll be really disappointed if we do lose Guthrie. I don't understand and haven't read enough about his situation. I do think he's been undervalued by a string of managers and by many of our supporters owing to the small fee we signed him for, his lack of reputation and perhaps also his lack of physical stature - we spent seasons preferring players including Butt, Smith, Barton and Nolan to him in the centre of the pitch, despite him obviously being the more accomplished. This season he's received a decent amount of playing time, and for much of it I've considered him the equal of Cabaye and Tiote. Cabaye has finished the season strongly, asserting himself more with the ball and perhaps showing what he's capable of when the formation gives him more scope to attack; but though Guthrie lacks his stamina and his range of passing, though he's a different player than Tiote and lacks his physicality, still I think Guthrie is the best of the three when it comes to short and concise passing, and I think he can positively alter the tempo of our game.

Even if we legitimately expect to keep Cabaye and Tiote this summer, I'd be offering Guthrie a good wage and stressing that he's an important part of our squad. I think our early run in particular, but also our season as a whole has shown how crucial a strong spine is, and I'm happy with our central midfield whenever two of the three play.

Otherwise, as I've said, I don't see us selling a host of our top players. I suppose we will be susceptible to really big offers, but I guess that makes us no different to all but five or six clubs across Europe. My feeling is that we'd sell Tiote happily enough for a decent fee, and Ba if his contract cannot be renegotiated; but after the last five months of football, I'd expect clubs to be more interested in Cabaye and Cisse.

I'm happy with the players we have been linked to thus far, and the links seem pretty strong. If we could offload Simpson, Gosling and Obertan, keep the rest of our squad together, and sign Debuchy and Douglas - two exciting players for the two weakest areas of our current side - plus an attacker of some sort, a right winger or a versatile forward who could cover the wide areas in a 4-3-3, then that would be the ideal scenario.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Guthrie has turned out to be a good player, but sometimes when he has been given an opportunity he has put in stinky performances. Also his fitness record is poor. He wants first team football, i'm not sure we can't offer than with this new 3 man midfield. But whatever, it is a shame he is leaving anyway, whoever gets him is getting a decent player. pirat

Also, Cisse, the press have insisted on linking him all over the place, but can he actually move? He has already played for 2 clubs this year. scratch
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Sun May 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Kimbo wrote:Also, Cisse, the press have insisted on linking him all over the place, but can he actually move? He has already played for 2 clubs this year. scratch

I thought that rule was within a single season, rather than calender year..
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue May 15, 2012 4:45 pm

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/14/where-the-money-went-premier-league-prize-and-tv-payments-for-2011-12-150501/

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Hmm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146262/Nathaniel-Clyne-set-Newcastle-move.html

Newcastle are closing in on Crystal Palace starlet Nathaniel Clyne but the Championship club are set to demand 5million at a tribunal.

The 21-year-old right back is out of contract at Selhurst Park and is wanted by a host of clubs.

Newcastle are unlikely to be willing to meet Palace's demands however with 2m viewed as a more realistic figure.

Manager Alan Pardew is desperate to get his man as he fears Danny Simpson will be sold this summer.

Reading are also interested in Clyne, and his Palace team-mate Wilfried Zaha.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

If true I hope it is not instead of Debuchy.

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 18, 2012 7:34 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14052012/58/ligue-1-montpellier-chief-warns-newcastle-giroud.html

"A player is like a singer. If he's badly advised then everything goes wrong. Giroud is a lad surrounded by good people, especially his wife, and he'll go far.

"It will be hard to keep Giroud. But if it's to go and join Newcastle, well I'm not in agreement with that. That doesn't please me. The departure clause in the contract exists without existing but does exist."

scratch
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun May 20, 2012 3:21 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146887/Danny-Simpson-edges-Newcastle-exit.html

Simpson set for Newcastle exit as Pardew lines up defenders Debuchy and Clyne

Newcastle are set to sign two full-backs as Alan Pardew gears up for the club's first European campaign for six years.

Lille's Mathieu Debuchy will be joined in the North-east by Crystal Palace's Nathaniel Clyne, voted last season as the best right back in the championship.

The double swoop almost certainly means the end of Danny Simpson's Newcastle career.

The former Manchester United defender has been unable to agree a new contract.

Smiley

Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun May 20, 2012 9:04 am

IF we manage to get Giroud and Debuchy, I'd be over the moon..
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun May 20, 2012 10:10 am

Fade out wrote:IF we manage to get Giroud and Debuchy, I'd be over the moon..

That Montpellier owner sounds like a nutbag.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Sun May 20, 2012 10:12 am

I'm sorry guys, I sincerely doubt you'll get Giroud. There are some massive teams after him.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun May 20, 2012 10:33 am

Lot of French chairmans and owners have no idea of how big Newcastle really is.

The French connection over the years has won a lot of admirers among French people, Ligue un players and agents.

Presence of players like Cabaye and HBA could only encourage more players coming to the club.

I remember Michel Seydoux being perplexed about Cabaye's move to Newcastle too. Some have no idea of Geordie feeling.

Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Sun May 20, 2012 10:44 am

I know how big Newcastle are but Bayern are after him and there's also the added prospect of playing CL football next season.
Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin on Sun May 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I'll be surprised if we do sign both Debuchy and Clyne: it seems unlike us to sign two players for one position in a window; unlike us to actually spend money on attaining strength in depth. I wonder whether we think that at least one of the two can provide good cover for another position - for instance, Debuchy for a role in the midfield? Perhaps we just think both are available and represent good value.

Presuming Simpson leaves, which I will be happy enough to see, we still have Ryan Taylor, and Tavernier supposedly performed well down the right on loan last season. With the addition of another centre-back, and Perch and Ferguson about, we'd have a lot of defenders, and could allow Ryan Taylor to leave.
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sun May 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:I'll be surprised if we do sign both Debuchy and Clyne: it seems unlike us to sign two players for one position in a window; unlike us to actually spend money on attaining strength in depth. I wonder whether we think that at least one of the two can provide good cover for another position - for instance, Debuchy for a role in the midfield? Perhaps we just think both are available and represent good value.

Presuming Simpson leaves, which I will be happy enough to see, we still have Ryan Taylor, and Tavernier supposedly performed well down the right on loan last season. With the addition of another centre-back, and Perch and Ferguson about, we'd have a lot of defenders, and could allow Ryan Taylor to leave.

Wouldn't be surprised if you loan Clyne straight back to CP, would make sense to aid his development while Debuchy settles down and CP would be more willing to deal with you knowing they can get the player back for another year. Also gives you another option in-case Debuchy doesn't settle.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Sun May 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Europa League cousins cheers
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 am

Maher like Vertongnen now linked to Milan.

Imagine us getting them, Giroud and Debuchy. I could dream.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed May 23, 2012 5:17 pm

First signing as expected.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120523/newcastle-sign-amalfitano_2281670_2786281

Newcastle United can today announce the signing of midfielder Romain Amalfitano.

The 22-year-old Frenchman will join the Club when his contract at Reims expires on Saturday, 30th June. He will officially become a Newcastle player on Sunday, 1st July.

Born in Nice, Amalfitano is a versatile midfielder who is equally comfortable operating on either the right flank or in a central role.

He came through the youth system at Chteauroux before starting his senior career with Evian.

From there, Amalfitano joined Reims in 2010, and has played at the Stade Auguste Delaune for the past two seasons, helping them achieve promotion back to Ligue 1 last season.

Amalfitano, whose older brother Morgan plays for Marseille, said: "I am very happy to be a Newcastle player.

"I have seen a bit of the city already and it is a change from France but one I am really looking forward to.

"When a club like Newcastle wants you to play for them it can only be a good thing. I have taken the opportunity to play in the Premier League and cannot wait to get going."

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I expect you to light up Ligue 1 yet again.

Do people think Pardew is a French name?
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Luis wrote:I expect you to light up Ligue 1 yet again.

Do I take a pop at Liverpools 'buy english' policy or not? Hmm pirat
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Wed May 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Well England have 3 captains at the moment:

U 18s = Connor Coady

u 21s = Jordan Henderson

Regular side = Steven Gerrard.

What do those 3 players have in common?
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed May 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Luis wrote:
Kimbo wrote:

U 18s = Connor Coady

u 21s = Jordan Henderson

Were they all shit last season?
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny on Wed May 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Luis wrote:
Kimbo wrote:

U 18s = Connor Coady

u 21s = Jordan Henderson

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team/player/conor-coady
A one-time captain of our U18s, Coady can operate at centre-back as well as in the centre of the park.

Whistle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 pm