Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Nasri coasts too much, he has Fernando Gago syndrome. I think Shaz once (ludicrously) said Andres Iniesta lacks *it*, despite having all the ability in the world. I think that label applies to Nasri, somethings missing, and it's hard to figure out what.

Not sure how Fenomeno can suggest Ben Arfa's underrated - he's been pretty much hyped as a "New Zidane since he left Clairefontaine and joined Lyon... we're all still waiting for him to become this dominant player.

Taarabt is ludicrously gifted (probably the most skilful of ALL the players mentioned in this convo) but his terrible attitude and self-indulgence has done for him at the top level.

Dos Santos is nowhere near as bad, and he is saveable - He's basically at the same point where Ben Arfa was in 2008/9 - he scored 5 in 16 for Racing last year and somebody decent will take a chance on him. #whatcouldhavebeen.

Arshavin is the best and most dangerous of the lot when on top of his game, but those days look to be behind him, he's lost much of his explosiveness that made him so great between 2006-9.

Bentley just got found out - there's a reason he didn't make it at Arsenal and flopped at Spurs. Talented and with a keen eye for the spectacular he may be, but he lacked the speed of foot, thought, and application to hang with the best.

Agree with most of this, but the point is still the same for all of these guys - there are many many players considerably less naturally gifted than all of them who have had been far more successful. All of them have so far been "found out" to varying degrees, and it's mental as opposed to technical/physical. Which was the sole point of this entire debate from the start: Barfa can have all the skill he wants, but that is still no guarantee he will come good.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

I still wouldn't compare players who produced magic in second division/youth level or in random circumstance at top flight without producing anything at end of it, to players who have done well in first division. Of course, Taarabdt could do a rabona cross in mid-air in championship, but it doesn't mean he's any more skillful than Barfa. I'd value more Barfa's moments of magic vs Twente, Copenhagen, Everton, Blackburn or Nasri's vs Fulham, Porto, Man United, but nothing of Dos Santos/Taarabdt registers/warrants the same level of attention/hype.

Fade out

Post by Fade out on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 am

Bentley's left foot, header are so few & far between. He's hardly an all round player. I'm still not sure he's technically anywhere close to Beckham. Becks inside of his right foot >>> Anything of Bentley. Of course you right mention vision/application - I don't think Bentley is as refined a player as Beckham. He's a con-artist, aping to be Beckham. He got shown up eventually.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 am

110% wrote:
Hlebagone wrote:Fade Out was talking about Arshavin's incisiveness - willingness to run at players and try difficult passes, regarding his mentality. Thought that was obvious.

I understand what you mean

Thank you.

Yeah, I truly hope Nasri improves his visibility level. Even though he averages a lot of passes/touches, it's all rudimentary & little sterile. Needs to be more incisive, as I said.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 am

Fade out wrote:
110% wrote:
Hlebagone wrote:Fade Out was talking about Arshavin's incisiveness - willingness to run at players and try difficult passes, regarding his mentality. Thought that was obvious.

I understand what you mean

Thank you.

Yeah, I truly hope Nasri improves his visibility level. Even though he averages a lot of passes/touches, it's all rudimentary & little sterile. Needs to be more incisive, as I said.

But has nothing to do with having a mentality like Arshavin, so thank you

PS He skied a few shots against Liverpool very similar to Arshavin

To the next Arshavin cheers

Last edited by 110% on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 am

Technically, that was a wrong word to use. So fair play.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Why is there no uproar over this?

So it's not okay to say black c**t, but Dutch c**t is okay in England?

Outrage! What is wrong with Liverpool players in general!
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:23 pm

3:30 cheers
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:44 pm

The original tekkers cheers
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Why would you want to buy Ravel Morrison?
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:38 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Why would you want to buy Ravel Morrison?

Pssh i dunno.

Tiote got sent off in a friendly for strangling a Tunisian.

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Bloody negrito
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Kimbo bro! if you get Demba Cissé, then Newcastle may have the best striker tandem in the league. Shocked

Demba Cissé is actually better than Demba Ba, sort of like Claudio Pizarro and Berbatov. We'll see if Demba Cissé is given at least seven straight games so that he can find a rhythm in the league and then explode. Demba Cissé will not cut it if he's given 10 minutes here, 15m there, then two straight games on the bench followed by another 15m cameo like that Khazar gave my man Pizarro at Chelsea. That shite won't work with Demba Cissé either.

Hopefully Pardieu is not a thick imbecile like that Khazar. Everything points to Pardieu breaking in his new brilliant striker properly unlike that Khazar who made a career out of other managers's work and he didn't have to touch the team. As soon as he tinkered with a team he got them relegated. Ain't that right, Khazar! You commie!
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Puro wrote:Kimbo bro! if you get Demba Cissé, then Newcastle may have the best striker tandem in the league. Shocked

Demba Cissé is actually better than Demba Ba, sort of like Claudio Pizarro and Berbatov. We'll see if Demba Cissé is given at least seven straight games so that he can find a rhythm in the league and then explode. Demba Cissé will not cut it if he's given 10 minutes here, 15m there, then two straight games on the bench followed by another 15m cameo like that Khazar gave my man Pizarro at Chelsea. That shite won't work with Demba Cissé either.

Hopefully Pardieu is not a thick imbecile like that Khazar. Everything points to Pardieu breaking in his new brilliant striker properly unlike that Khazar who made a career out of other managers's work and he didn't have to touch the team. As soon as he tinkered with a team he got them relegated. Ain't that right, Khazar! You commie!

Holy shit, I just saw this. Apparently we're signing Yohan Benalouane from Cesena aswell which is less exciting, I was hoping for a french wonderkid.

btw, no one is better than Ba. <Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Holy shit, I just saw this. Apparently we're signing Yohan Benalouane from Cesena aswell which is less exciting, I was hoping for a french wonderkid.

Congrats Kimbo bro! I'm happy for you! <Ale>

Demba Cissé is Claudio Pizarro and Demba Ba is Berbatov. This in Bundesliga performance obviously. You can ask our German friends to get confirmation that I speak the truth as always. Well, sometimes I get it wrong too, but not in this instance. Biggrin

At any rate, Ba is already a beast in the EPL and you are getting one that was better than him in Germany. Shocked

It's like Claudio Pizarro and Berbatov all over again. Pardieu without a doubt will know how to get the best out of Demba Cissé unlike that Khazar (who relegated West Ham) who didn't know how to get the best out of Claudio Pizarro FFS! What a dumb c**t that Khazar is!

And, to finish in a positive note, here's hoping Pardieu gives Demba Cissé at least seven straight games. I'm telling you, he's better than Demba ba. <Ale>
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 pm

----------------------Krul----------------------

Santon--Taylor--Coloccini--Cissokho

Ben Arfa---Cabaye--Tiote---Gutierrez

----------------Cisse----Ba----------------

Hows about that then? Biggrin <Ale>
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Demba Ba is not Berbatov...how insulting. Berbatov hasnt the balls of Demba Ba.
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Kimbo wrote:----------------------Krul----------------------

In my opinion, the best striking duo in the EPL IF IF IF IF IF Pardieu can get the best out of Demba Cissé (give him SEVEN straight games no matter what you Pardieu c**t! DO NOT BE AN IMBECILE KHAZAR!!!).
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Puro wrote:Kimbo bro! if you get Demba Cissé, then Newcastle may have the best striker tandem in the league. Shocked

He is french!!!! bounce cheers
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Will Barfa be trusted to start? Seems Pardew still has his doubts about his workrate:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pardew-ben-arfa-must-work-harder-6289417.html

On paper looks like a nice team. But Cisse is unlikely to slot straight in and start playing well immediately. Will take him time to get used to the pace of the league, especially as a January signing without the benefit of a pre season. Could prove an excellent long term buy though
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Kimbo bro! I can really appreciate how Newcastle spends only one third of what that Khazar team from North London do to achieve the same results. You know Newcastle will finish strong unlike the Khazars who melt completely as soon as they're found out and they feel the pressure. Once they're exposed they lose. Biggrin <Ale>

Come on Newcastle! kick their asses just like when Ñol Solano was with you kicking their asses all the time. Whoop
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Puro wrote:Kimbo bro! I can really appreciate how Newcastle spends only one third of what that Khazar team from North London do to achieve the same results. You know Newcastle will finish strong unlike the Khazars who melt completely as soon as they're found out and they feel the pressure. Once they're exposed they lose. Biggrin <Ale>

Come on Newcastle! kick their asses just like when Ñol Solano was with you kicking their asses all the time. Whoop

Is this the shittest wind up in history? Laughing

The Khazar team who you predicted would be in a relegation battle when Redknapp took over from Ramos spent a net total -19 million in the summer.

In the same time period that Newcastle stopped splurging 15 million and 110K a week on Michael Owen (ie the last 3 seasons), the Khazar team from North London have spent a net total of -1 million. Yikes mes amis, that's some fuckin' big spenders! YikesLaugh Ale

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 pm

That's some serious talent and brilliant work in the transfer market - not seen much of Taylor but quite familiar with the rest of the guys there - do you have Vuckic still at the club and does he get much playing time? Saw him in a youth international game in N.Italy a few years ago and remember he had a hammer shot. 5th should definitely be achievable, i think that's a better first team than the Europa League challenging teams in my opinion and more exciting to watch. Do you think if it really hits stride you can achieve a top4? Hope to see that squad kept together and in Europe next season!
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Pirlo wrote:

That's some serious talent and brilliant work in the transfer market - not seen much of Taylor but quite familiar with the rest of the guys there - do you have Vuckic still at the club and does he get much playing time? Saw him in a youth international game in N.Italy a few years ago and remember he had a hammer shot. 5th should definitely be achievable, i think that's a better first team than the Europa League challenging teams in my opinion and more exciting to watch. Do you think if it really hits stride you can achieve a top4? Hope to see that squad kept together and in Europe next season!

To be fair we haven't signed 2 of them yet.

Vuckic is still here, he started against Liverpool but we had a bad off day.

Strength in depth is our weakness, I think we will do well to finish 7th this season, next season maybe we can challenge for top 4. It depends what happens in the summer.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I don't get it - why sign Cisse now if he can't help during the ACN anyway? Unless he's going to be a Ba replacement once both of them are back.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

fcb wrote:I don't get it - why sign Cisse now if he can't help during the ACN anyway? Unless he's going to be a Ba replacement once both of them are back.

Because we wanted him before someone else got him? We were going to sign Maiga who is also at the ACN, so I don't think it is a big deal to us.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

I dont understand the question Kas..why wouldnt you sign a striker you think is good to add more to a squad in need of depth? So he's away for a month...he'll be back for another 4..and the season after.

Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 pm

As far as Bundesliga performances are concerned, Cisse is twice the player Demba Ba is... Cisse managed the same amount of goals as Ba did in 32 fewer games playing for FREIBURG, a team that does not score a lot of goals against anyone!
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Ba's progress accelerated when he joined West Ham and started playing in a proper league....

Here little fishies..
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Only commenting on which was the best player in the Bundesliga, since Puro asked for confirmation... no doubt Demba Ba is flying with Newcastle, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:24 pm