Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Share
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 pm

ello ello, what's all this about then?

Apparently he was 15/16 at the time, harsh title

avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:36 am

Playaaaaaa
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Fey on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Ooohhhh Newcastle...

Guess what Anita did when he signed that contract, he said he wanted to win silverware, yet he has a relegation clause in his contract. Which apperantly made the supporters angry.

Now, it seems Clasie was really, really close in signing for Newcastle four weeks ago. And he also wanted that clause in his contract. But Newcastle didnt want that for him..

Now Macca is going for Fer it seems!
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Fey wrote:Ooohhhh Newcastle...

Guess what Anita did when he signed that contract, he said he wanted to win silverware, yet he has a relegation clause in his contract. Which apperantly made the supporters angry.

Now, it seems Clasie was really, really close in signing for Newcastle four weeks ago. And he also wanted that clause in his contract. But Newcastle didnt want that for him..

Now Macca is going for Fer it seems!

Wat? I don't recall anything about Anita and a relegation clause, or us being linked with Warwrick Davis. I don't think we'll sign a CM this summer, assuming Wijnaldum will be playing behind the striker or on the wing. Betting has been suspended on Charlie Austin coming here though, I don't know if that means anything. And after that we need a CB or 2 badly, and a LB.

I suspect Dutch news is full of shit, Ronald De Boer wrote an article claiming Newcastle fans are deluded because they think Wijnaldum will make them title contenders. This is what happens when you pump a population full of drugs.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Fey on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Thats not what he said, he said he thinks Newcastle paid too much for an average footballer!

Which, is something I cant disagree with him.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Fey wrote:Thats not what he said, he said he thinks Newcastle paid too much for an average footballer!

Which, is something I cant disagree with him.

Dutch Footballer of the Year

In Newcastle, Wijnaldum is being hailed as a great saviour. Georginio is a great football player, but not the type that guides a mid-table English club to the championship, and that is the atmosphere which is being created in Newcastle.

Wijnaldum is an excellent team player, but for example, he still needs a lot of chances to score.

In England this is conveniently ignored. With the current hype in Newcastle it will be difficult for Wijnaldum to meet the lofty expectations.

f**k is he on about? Is he like the Dutch Paul Merson, after he retired maybe he went on a decade long coke and stella binge, then tried to pass himself off as a football analyst?
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Fey on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Well TBH, he is a better analyst then you would think, of course he is a yiddo but can still be critical of his own brother and his club.

Sure the botox and hairtransplant made him a bit of figure of fun.

And he is right that he still needs a gazillion amount of chances. And that he wont shoot Newcastle to the title.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:Thats not what he said, he said he thinks Newcastle paid too much for an average footballer!

Which, is something I cant disagree with him.

Dutch Footballer of the Year

In Newcastle, Wijnaldum is being hailed as a great saviour. Georginio is a great football player, but not the type that guides a mid-table English club to the championship, and that is the atmosphere which is being created in Newcastle.

Wijnaldum is an excellent team player, but for example, he still needs a lot of chances to score.

In England this is conveniently ignored. With the current hype in Newcastle it will be difficult for Wijnaldum to meet the lofty expectations.

f**k is he on about? Is he like the Dutch Paul Merson, after he retired maybe he went on a decade long coke and stella binge, then tried to pass himself off as a football analyst?

To be fair, the Dutch are somewhat retarded when it comes to the Premier League. They accumulate all sorts of false facts.

For example, the one Fey peddles where Spurs are big spenders and little Southampton are working off a shoestring budget Rolling Eyes


Guest
Guest

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Kin'ell it's embarrassing how much we have spent considering how shit we are. Only in the DPL.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Fey on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:Thats not what he said, he said he thinks Newcastle paid too much for an average footballer!

Which, is something I cant disagree with him.

Dutch Footballer of the Year

In Newcastle, Wijnaldum is being hailed as a great saviour. Georginio is a great football player, but not the type that guides a mid-table English club to the championship, and that is the atmosphere which is being created in Newcastle.

Wijnaldum is an excellent team player, but for example, he still needs a lot of chances to score.

In England this is conveniently ignored. With the current hype in Newcastle it will be difficult for Wijnaldum to meet the lofty expectations.

f**k is he on about? Is he like the Dutch Paul Merson, after he retired maybe he went on a decade long coke and stella binge, then tried to pass himself off as a football analyst?

To be fair, the Dutch are somewhat retarded when it comes to the Premier League. They accumulate all sorts of false facts.

For example, the one Fey peddles where Spurs are big spenders and little Southampton are working off a shoestring budget Rolling Eyes



Damn, Tottenham at 20 made me wet tho.

Still, wondering why you picked this list over the last 5 years.... 10 or 20 seems more fair now innit!

#Nett Spend 92/03 - 13/14Purchased GrossSoldNettPer Season
1Manchester City939,880,000276,453,000663,427,00027,642,792
2Chelsea1,073,449,000437,225,000636,224,00026,509,333
3Manchester United835,450,000368,490,000466,960,00019,456,667
4Liverpool812,305,000478,290,000334,015,00013,917,292
5Aston Villa370,790,000189,025,000181,765,0007,573,542
6Sunderland314,745,000160,080,000154,665,0006,444,375
7Tottenham624,500,000478,817,500145,682,5006,070,104
8Arsenal541,565,000405,174,000136,391,0005,682,958
9Newcastle426,245,000302,825,000123,420,0005,142,500
10West Ham278,182,000201,282,00076,900,0003,204,167
11Crystal Palace121,760,00058,540,00063,220,0002,634,167
12Everton309,045,500246,086,00062,959,5002,623,313
13West Bromwich Albion142,150,00084,376,50157,773,4992,407,229
14Stoke City100,765,00047,630,00053,135,0002,213,958
15Leicester97,800,00051,475,00046,325,0001,930,208
16Swansea City84,877,50066,160,00018,717,500779,896
17Norwich City81,545,00067,195,00014,350,000597,917
18Southampton212,687,500199,845,00012,842,500535,104
19Bournemouth15,985,00010,095,0005,890,000245,417
20Watford36,245,00050,500,000-14,255,000-593,958

You fockin what mate?
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Sunderland Smiley One of the best transfer stories this summer is Ricky Alvarez, they loaned him from Inter and he was shite and a crock, so ofcourse they wanted to send him back, but there was a clause that said if Sunderland stayed up they had to sign him. They've been trying to welch on it but Inter aren't having it, so they're going to end up paying something like 8m for a player they really really don't want.

cheers
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:30 pm

avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:47 pm

how times have changed

avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Krul is out for the season, and Dawlow is apparently in plaster somewhere, that leaves us with the blob or a kid. Rolling Eyes I would look at bringing in an old retiree, Harper or Friedel or whoever the f**k, we won't do that though. I might stick some money on us going down. Rob Elliot is very lucky to be a professional.

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Age : 31
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:31 am

Isco Benny wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:Thats not what he said, he said he thinks Newcastle paid too much for an average footballer!

Which, is something I cant disagree with him.

Dutch Footballer of the Year

In Newcastle, Wijnaldum is being hailed as a great saviour. Georginio is a great football player, but not the type that guides a mid-table English club to the championship, and that is the atmosphere which is being created in Newcastle.

Wijnaldum is an excellent team player, but for example, he still needs a lot of chances to score.

In England this is conveniently ignored. With the current hype in Newcastle it will be difficult for Wijnaldum to meet the lofty expectations.

f**k is he on about? Is he like the Dutch Paul Merson, after he retired maybe he went on a decade long coke and stella binge, then tried to pass himself off as a football analyst?

To be fair, the Dutch are somewhat retarded when it comes to the Premier League. They accumulate all sorts of false facts.

For example, the one Fey peddles where Spurs are big spenders and little Southampton are working off a shoestring budget Rolling Eyes


How in the World are we 6th?

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Age : 31
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:32 am

Kimbo wrote:Krul is out for the season, and Dawlow is apparently in plaster somewhere, that leaves us with the blob or a kid. Rolling Eyes I would look at bringing in an old retiree, Harper or Friedel or whoever the f**k, we won't do that though. I might stick some money on us going down. Rob Elliot is very lucky to be a professional.
Fare thee well Newcastle! 2017 Championship winners.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:41 pm

avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:54 pm

avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:25 pm

An article on one of our old youth players going to the Euro's with Hungary

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whatever-happened-newcastle-uniteds-hungarian-10451011#ICID=FB-Chron-main

The defender certainly had the technical ability and could attack, but seemed to lack the physicality to survive in English football.

That was summed up on a freezing night in Eppleton when he attempted a block tackle on a tenacious young Henderson, but was carried off with a broken leg.

Laughing Our local journalists are window lickers.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Died of a heart attack at 47. Shocked

Wearer of one of my favourite shirts. <Ale>

avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Was out jogging when it happened apparently. Fit as a fiddle.

Scary shit.

RIP
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Very sad. Was a fan of his.

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Age : 31
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:12 am

Newcastle United 2016/2017 Championship Winners, called it here first.
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Puro on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Rafa Bentez to the Toon. From managing in the best league in the world by a country mile and arguably one of the best teams in the world in Real Madrid to managing a "wee" club (Sluralex said it) in the third best league in the world and relegation candidates in Newcastle.

I can't remember such a big drop for any manager in my entire life. scratch

Mind you, there's nothing stopping Newcastle from being a Sevilla or Napoli or Borussia M'gladbach, but themselves.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:31 pm

We can still f**k this up, I won't believe it until I see it. It's very strange, offering Rafa a truckload of money is exactly what I would do if I was in charge, so to see our mongs doing it is a bit weird.

But you're right, it's surprising from Rafa's side as well, top managers usually don't take on proper challenges.
avatar
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Age : 26
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Luis on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Pretty sure Kimmy used to ridicule Rafa on a weekly basis Laughing
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Luis wrote:Pretty sure Kimmy used to ridicule Rafa on a weekly basis Laughing

I said he would never win the premier league, he became pretty poor in the transfer market towards the end for you lot, plus his football wasn't the prettiest. He's not without his flaws, but he has a good record and is a great cup manager. I warmed to him as a person as well during his time at Chelsea, it's true I thought he was a weirdo at Liverpool. In case you haven't noticed I said Spurs should hire him the last time they needed a manager, and i've said for a while England should be after him.

You're just gutted that you might have to pick between hoping Newcastle do badly and hoping Rafa does well. <Ale>
avatar
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Age : 26
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Luis on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Newcastle are insignificant to me really - it's a crazy decision for Rafa; could get relegated this season ala Shearer. Even if you survive he's going to have his work cut out - your owners seem absolutely disgraceful so it doesn't seem like a match made in heaven given he seems to fall out with owners wherever he goes.

Prediction: this ends in a myriad of tears.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Kimbo on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Everything ends in tears eventually, hopefully he doesn't do a Klopp and is good for a bit before he turns to shit.

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Age : 31
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:21 pm

McClaren sacked

Sponsored content

Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 am