Messi & Neymar day

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Messi & Neymar day

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 am

Messi wasn't the only one that talked to the gods of football yesterday. Santos faced Internacional at home in Libertadores, an important game. The guy scored a hat trick, but his second and third goals were extraterrestrial.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Messi & Neymar day

Post by worms. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Neymar is the real deal I reckon,although I don't think he will ever be as good as Messi.

I hope he comes to Barcelona by 2014.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:57 pm

What has happened to the art of defending. pale
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Super Saviour wrote:What has happened to the art of defending. pale

Inter needed a good result. In the 2nd Neymar goal, they were 0-1 down, going forward to score, so the defense was open. In the 3rd Neymar goal, they were 1-2 down, had just scored their 1st and going forward to try to equalise.

Inter is certainly better than the avarage Spanish team, and Santos is certainly worse than Barcelona and Real Madrid. Santos is a mediocre team with 2 craques. That's what makes Neymar special: he has to play alongside mediocre players, while Messi plays in the best team in the world, which makes things easier.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Neymar is the real deal. Come on Rosell, do your thing!

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Inter needed a good result. In the 2nd Neymar goal, they were 0-1 down, going forward to score, so the defense was open. In the 3rd Neymar goal, they were 1-2 down, had just scored their 1st and going forward to try to equalise.

Inter is certainly better than the avarage Spanish team, and Santos is certainly worse than Barcelona and Real Madrid. Santos is a mediocre team with 2 craques. That's what makes Neymar special: he has to play alongside mediocre players, while Messi plays in the best team in the world, which makes things easier.

Suspect
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:58 pm

worms wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Suspect

Spanish league is a joke (and most European leagues). You've got only 2 contenders, about 3 good teams that won't win the title and the rest are just pitiful.

The Brazilian league begins with at least 12 real contenders. About 4 or 5 of them are as good as the Spanish good teams that won't win the title - at least that's my opinion based on years of watching both leagues.

Oh, and that same Internacional managed to beat Barcelona (that were better than them, I don't deny) some years back in the World Club Cup.

Last edited by Mongrel Hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Messi wasn't the only one that talked to the gods of football yesterday. Santos faced Internacional at home in Libertadores, an important game. The guy scored a hat trick, but his second and third goals were extraterrestrial.

Neymar is about to take off. Just wait 'til he adds five more pounds of muscle, he'll be really unplayable like Ronaldo used to be before them Dutchies filled his young body with steroids and all that shite the Dutchies inject to athletes destroying his career...aaaahh what could Ronaldo have accomplished if them Dutchies didn't destroy his knees... Shocked

Surprised to see Boca lost at home to Fluminense, and great to see Corinthians keeping a clean sheet at home. <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 pm

I wasn't surprised about Boca-Flu. Argentine football is miles behind Brazilian football nowadays.

I was indeed surprised to see Corinthians winning by more than 1 goal difference. In the last 50 matches, it happened about 3 or 4 times. But not surprised about the clean sheet. Defence is not a problem for us.

In the altitude of Mexico, though, I think we'll lose. But then we'll beat Cruz Azul at home. Mark my words.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Spanish league is a joke (and most European leagues). You've got only 2 contenders, about 3 good teams that won't win the title and the rest are just pitiful.

The Brazilian league begins with at least 12 real contenders. About 4 or 5 of them are as good as the Spanish good teams that won't win the title - at least that's my opinion based on years of watching both leagues.

Oh, and that same Internacional managed to beat Barcelona (that were better than them, I don't deny) some years back in the World Club Cup.

Biggrin Careful there, amigo Todo. The ones who toot their own horn claiming the EPL as "the best league in the world" are also the ones who claim that La Liga "only has two teams". It is wise to stay as far as possible from such "experts's" comments.

La Liga has the two best teams in the world by quite a large margin (the whole world witnessed how Barcelona utterly destroyed "the best league in the world's" best team...Man Utd at Wembley no less - at Castle Grayskull's headquarters!...Barcelona blew them away, destroyed the castle KABOOOOOOOMMMM!!!) Biggrin

There's Real Madrid and no need to explain how no team can touch them this side of Barça.

Then there are a number of teams which are bloody good in Valencia (they can do it with basically their "B" team on a cold and wet Thursday night at Stoke, Simeone's Atlético, Pellegrini's Málaga, and Bielsa's Bilbao.

Yes Todo! watch Bielsa's Bilbao eliminate Castle Grayskull's designated team. La Liga's fifth team will destroy Manchester United. Just watch Todo! CA$$$$$$HHHH!!!

By the way, Internacional are most definite above mid-table La Liga team.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:27 pm

I said the Spanish League is a joke because you know only 2 teams are real contenders, and not because of the quality. Real Madrid and Barça are too good for the others. It's too predictable.

What I think is Libertadores Brazilian teams are better than the mid-table Spanish League teams, and more or less at the same level as the good Spanish teams that are not real contenders.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:I said the Spanish League is a joke because you know only 2 teams are real contenders, and not because of the quality. Real Madrid and Barça are too good for the others. It's too predictable.

What I think is Libertadores Brazilian teams are better than the mid-table Spanish League teams, and more or less at the same level as the good Spanish teams that are not real contenders.

For the last two seasons, they've been too good for everyone on the planet. We are in agreement that Brasileirão's top teams are at the same level as Valencia, Atlético, Bilbao... <Ale>

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:53 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Biggrin Careful there, amigo Todo. The ones who toot their own horn claiming the EPL as "the best league in the world" are also the ones who claim that La Liga "only has two teams". It is wise to stay as far as possible from such "experts's" comments.

La Liga has the two best teams in the world by quite a large margin (the whole world witnessed how Barcelona utterly destroyed "the best league in the world's" best team...Man Utd at Wembley no less - at Castle Grayskull's headquarters!...Barcelona blew them away, destroyed the castle KABOOOOOOOMMMM!!!) Biggrin

There's Real Madrid and no need to explain how no team can touch them this side of Barça.

Then there are a number of teams which are bloody good in Valencia (they can do it with basically their "B" team on a cold and wet Thursday night at Stoke, Simeone's Atlético, Pellegrini's Málaga, and Bielsa's Bilbao.

Yes Todo! watch Bielsa's Bilbao eliminate Castle Grayskull's designated team. La Liga's fifth team will destroy Manchester United. Just watch Todo! CA$$$$$$HHHH!!!

+1 I haven't seen Internacional tbh but I think Mongrel Hawk was being a little disrespectful to La Liga teams.Any team can look shit when playing the likes of Barca or Madrid.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Well I'm hardly on the Messi bandwagon nor do I think the Spanish league is particularly great. The defences there inflates the percieved quality of the players in the top 2. Both Messi and Ronaldo have scored more goals than games played. So I'm not impressed by that but I'm not impressed by Neymar either. Whenever I have seen him for Brazil he looks the like the second coming of Robinho but +20% in everyting and that includees petulance.
When he comes to Europe he will be more tested and certainly when he plays in Cl. Until then I'm not clapping.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 pm

worms wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

+1 I haven't seen Internacional tbh but I think Mongrel Hawk was being a little disrespectful to La Liga teams.Any team can look shit when playing the likes of Barca or Madrid.

again, I didn't say La Liga is a joke because of bad quality, but because it's too predictable. It's boring. Only 2 teams can win.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Super Saviour wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Well I'm hardly on the Messi bandwagon nor do I think the Spanish league is particularly great. The defences there inflates the percieved quality of the players in the top 2. Both Messi and Ronaldo have scored more goals than games played. So I'm not impressed by that but I'm not impressed by Neymar either. Whenever I have seen him for Brazil he looks the like the second coming of Robinho but +20% in everyting and that includees petulance.
When he comes to Europe he will be more tested and certainly when he plays in Cl. Until then I'm not clapping.

Messi has 12 goals in 7 CL games this season,so are CL defenses shit as well?

What about Pl defenses? The goals per game average has been higher in the Pl than in La Liga for the past 3 seasons.

I think it's pretty obvious that Messi/Barca/Real score as many as they do because they are extraordinary players/teams,Messi is possibly the greatest player ever and Barca probably the greatest team of all time.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:14 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

How did the Champions of South America, Santos, get on more recently against Barcelona?

Oh yeah, they got floored far more humiliatingly than Man United.

Any yet you keep going on about the Man United game being proof of overhyped EPL whilst simultaneously hyping up the SA leagues and sweeping that result under the carpet

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH: WE SEE THROUGH YOUR GAME PURO! Laughing
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:16 pm

worms wrote:
Super Saviour wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

What about Pl defenses? The goals per game average has been higher in the Pl than in La Liga for the past 3 seasons.

I think it's pretty obvious that Messi/Barca/Real score as many as they do because they are extraordinary players/teams,Messi is possibly the greatest player ever and Barca probably the greatest team of all time.

To be fair, Barça have had a laughably easy draw in the CL so far this year. Bate Borisov, Victoria Plzen, and a tactically clueless and injury hit Leverkusen. Only Milan were a decent team.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

fcb wrote:
worms wrote:
Super Saviour wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

To be fair, Barça have had a laughably easy draw in the CL so far this year. Bate Borisov, Victoria Plzen, and a tactically clueless and injury hit Leverkusen. Only Milan were a decent team.

What about last year? Did we have a easy draw then when he scored 12 goals in 13 games? He scored against Arsenal,Shatkar,Madrid and United etc
fcb

Post by fcb on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Well I'm hardly arguing that he's not the greatest of all time. Just pointing out that this season's CL goal count isn't a good justification to use. There's a few hundred others instead Ale
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:48 pm

worms wrote:
Super Saviour wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Well nowadays yes the defences are shit. That is why I wrote my initial comment that defending is dying. 3-4 years ago English teams were unbreakable. Now the general level of defending has fallen. In Spain it was already worse than in England but it has fallen in England quite a bit. The benchmark used to be going up against English defences but as Napoli showed this is no longer a good measure.

I can't wait for Mourinho to come back to England.

Rebirth of defending <Ale>

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

How did the Champions of South America, Santos, get on more recently against Barcelona?

Oh yeah, they got floored far more humiliatingly than Man United.

Any yet you keep going on about the Man United game being proof of overhyped EPL whilst simultaneously hyping up the SA leagues and sweeping that result under the carpet

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH: WE SEE THROUGH YOUR GAME PURO! Laughing

What?

United deserved to get beat 5 - 0 easily,they had 1 shot on target all game which was offside ffs Laughing

Barca had 68 percent possesion and 12 shots on target Laughing

Barcelona dominated that game just as much as the Santos game,United just got more luck than Santos(what a surprise).
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

What was lucky about United goal? well worked passage of play, giggs offside marginal enough to rightly give benefit to attacking team. That's within the laws of the game, nothing lucky about it.

You're missing the point anyway, our man Puro regales the take of that game every couple of Weeks but omits to mention he predicted a close game between Santos and Barcelona after a sustained campaign of hyping the south American leagues.

The amusing thing is that nobody on here trumpets the EPL to the levels people like you and him have deluded yourselves into believing. Most of us aren't teenagers discovering the Super Sundays on sky through our internets for the first time surprisingly:lol:
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Those discussions are so boring.

It doesn't matter if defences are weaker now. Weak or not, the only guy in Europe who raises hell for real is Messi.

Likewise, if South American club defences were so bad, there would be lots of Neymars doing Maradona goals like he did yesterday. But guess what! Only Neymar is capable of doing that among hundreds of Brazilian, Argentine, Uruguayan, Paraguayan, Peruvian players... If Libertadores defences were trash, you would see goals like those every week.

If he did that to Inter (a team that was going forward desperately in search of an equaliser), he sure could do that to Mallorca in a similar situation.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:What was lucky about United goal? well worked passage of play, giggs offside marginal enough to rightly give benefit to attacking team. That's within the laws of the game, nothing lucky about it.

You're missing the point anyway, our man Puro regales the take of that game every couple of Weeks but omits to mention he predicted a close game between Santos and Barcelona after a sustained campaign of hyping the south American leagues.

The amusing thing is that nobody on here trumpets the EPL to the levels people like you and him have deluded yourselves into believing. Most of us aren't teenagers discovering the Super Sundays on sky through our internets for the first time surprisingly:lol:

Being offside is within the laws of the game?

Really? Laughing
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

So when Barcelona and Real Madrid/Messi and Ronaldo are scoring goals for fun, it's because they are extraordinary teams/players, but when EPL teams are doing it (and were doing it during the period when 3 English sides were consistently making the semis of the CL) it's because EPL teams/defences are weak.

Crazy
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Those discussions are so boring.

It doesn't matter if defences are weaker now. Weak or not, the only guy in Europe who raises hell for real is Messi.

Likewise, if South American club defences were so bad, there would be lots of Neymars doing Maradona goals like he did yesterday. But guess what! Only Neymar is capable of doing that among hundreds of Brazilian, Argentine, Uruguayan, Paraguayan, Peruvian players... If Libertadores defences were trash, you would see goals like those every week.

If he did that to Inter (a team that was going forward desperately in search of an equaliser), he sure could do that to Mallorca in a similar situation.
Not denying that it was a good goal but I'm just saying I'm not that impressed and the fact that he could do it against Mallorca doesn't impress either. Let's wait and see how he does when he finally comes to Europe. Based on what I have seen from him so far I'm sceptical.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Super Saviour wrote:

Not denying that it was a good goal but I'm just saying I'm not that impressed and the fact that he could do it against Mallorca doesn't impress either. Let's wait and see how he does when he finally comes to Europe. Based on what I have seen from him so far I'm sceptical.

I guess we'll have to wait for the WC, cause Santos won't sell him for less than 50 million euros, and Euro clubs can't/don't want to pay it.
fcb

Post by fcb on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Super Saviour wrote:

What does impress you? Or are you one of those people who consider every goal a defensive failing rather than an attacking achievement?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Vickery on Neymar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2012/03/neymar_a_match_for_messi_on_da.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:25 am