Portuguese title race

Poll

Who will win the Portuguese Liga Sagres?

[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 2 ]
100% [100%] 

Total Votes: 2

andrewfcp1

Number of posts : 1
Supports : Porto, Barcelona, Linfield, Penarol, Lyon, AC Milan, Athletic Bilbao, Levante, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Once Caldas, Belgrano, Evian, Corinthians, Anderlecht, Red Bull Salzburg
Favourite Player : Hulk, Moutinho, Falcao, Messi, Ronaldo, Llorente, David Villa, Lisandro Lopez, Benzema, Fredy Guarin, Marc Janko, Wayne Rooney, Rodrigo Lima, Oscar Cardozo, Rodrigo, Aimar, Mario Gomez, Robben, Van Persie
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Portuguese title race

Post by andrewfcp1 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 am

Not many people in the 'English Speaking World' follow or pay any attention to the Portuguese league. I am a big fan, I love it and follow it more than any other league. My team in the Portuguese league is, and always will be Porto, I have supported them since I discovered how to watch football games online way back in 2007 (No games shown on UK television).

This season, Braga are having an amazing campaign, on Monday, they beat Academica 2-1 at home to move top of the Liga Sagres for the first time in nearly two years. At this moment in the league they have won their last 13 games in a row, this run started when they where defeated at the Estadio do Dragao by Porto (3-2) way back in November. If this was Porto or Benfica on a similar run we would never hear the end of it, but because it's Braga it's never really mentioned. Braga are a small club in comparison to the traditional big three, Benfica, Porto and Sporting. Their budget is around 20% of Sportings, Rodrigo Lima who is Bragas leading scorer this season was bought from Belenenses for around €200,000, he has 25 goals this season and there is rumours circulating that he will leave for around £6m. Thats how Braga do business, and it makes their run look even more remarkable when you consider that none of their players are superstars, and probably never will be.

So, do we have any Portuguese football fans amongst us? Who do you think will win the Liga Sagres?

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: Portuguese title race

Post by worms. on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 am

Alright Glenn.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Porto v Benfica last night - the penultimate game of the season and both are unbeaten, Benfica have a 2 point advantage going in to the game but also the distraction of Chelsea/Amsterdam looming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCEBKOfzps

Drama

Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Post by Balack was Coward on Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Benficas keeper for Portos first goal. lol!

It's fairly simple why Porto have won more titles over the past 10 years, they don't sell as many players as Benfica. Off the top of my head Benfica have lost Coentrao, Di Maria, David Luiz, Ramires, Axel Witsel and Javi Garcia (OK he's shit) over the past few years alone. I think Garay is going to United in the summer as well. When Porto do sell they get top dollar, they don't accept anything less.

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon May 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Watched this live, I knew Porto would win it after that Beenhakker lookalike from Benfica subbed an attacker for a defender. Can't believe neither team has lost a game before this weekend. New SPL? Though not is all over. Porto have to play the nr3 next week. But they are already qualified for CL. Shame for Benfica, I doubt they will win against Chelsea now.
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Post by Balack was Coward on Mon May 13, 2013 1:54 pm

It is a bit like the SPL, but with more quality. Even Sporting and Braga have had decent teams recently. Braga got to the EL Final, Sporting to the SF.
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon May 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Fuckin hell, Benfica did a Bayern/Leverkussen

Lost the cup final as well, in the last minutes of the game of course Laughing
Fey

Post by Fey on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:02 pm

This year Benfica won it though, nice to see someone else win it. Especiall in the year when Eusebio died.

But the best part was that mad coach of them getting "arrested"

Smile

Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Post by Knoblauch on Wed May 21, 2014 1:51 pm

It´s not the first time he was arrested. It happen earier this season when he attack a policeman that was trying to stop a Benfica fan from getting a players shirt. He is a great hero for all football fans.
So, we lost everything last season, mostly to goals scored in the 92nd minute, but, we almost won everything this season, even though UEFA did everything in their power to be certain that Juventus got to the final.
It's very nice to see that the «Champions are back»

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 27, 2017 8:43 pm