La Liga 2011/12 Season Thread

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Liga 2011/12 Season Thread

Post by fcb on Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 am

Disgusted that Zaragoza (a club run by agents and third party ownership with players on loan or under dodgy transfers) stayed up but Villarreal went down. Lots of strange incidents to rival the Premier League: 3 red cards for Getafe, an injury time offside goal for Rayo. But in the end, if Villarreal can't even get a draw at home against a hungover Atletico, then we can't sit here claiming they should have stayed up.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Mon May 14, 2012 9:41 am

Really disappointed to see Villarreal going down. But like Kas said - they really didn't deserve it, if they couldn't get a point against Atletico. And they were so f'n negative in this match, I shouldn't be surprised seeing this with Lotina on the bench, but it was still disgusting.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon May 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Yeah they have simply not been good enough. I think the big mistake was turning to Molina after they sacked Garrido. He really did not have the experience and I don't think the players had a lot of confidence in him.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Mon May 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Jaime wrote:
Cristiano wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Mesut Ale

Real fans should be really happy that this kid didn't sign for their Blaugrana rivals. He would have helped to cement their dominant status, that's for sure.

He probably would have been appreciated more, too, as Barcelona's philosophy would have suited him even more than Real's does.

Either way, congrats Real, congrats Mesut. This is just the beginning. Ale

Im certainly not amongst the doubters. I appreciate him fully and have defended him(and will continue to do so) when some were calling for him to be sold. Ever since the first time I saw him play against England in the European U21 final you could see he was special.

There have been plenty of talented footballer to put on the white shirt but if you don't play with balls it doesn't really matter how f*cking special you are. Ozil in 2012 has finally combined playing with guts to his obvious ability. Maybe he played like this for Bremen or Germany before but he didn't for Madrid and that is all I am really concerned with personally. But anyhow, as I said, if Ozil continues the way he is you wouldn't find me talking about David Silva any more and he has done so fair play to the lad. Ale

@worms Sky didn't show f*cking Rayo v Villarreal because Rayo played Granada today. Doh

Anyhow, it's a shame that Villarreal have gone down. Quite a few players that will be available now: Diego Lopez, Gonzalo, Marchena, Musacchio, Bruno, Borja Valero, Cani, Nilmar (of course he was leaving anyhow). Not sure who they might retain. Possibly Bruno since he is a local boy but I know Valencia want him. Ironically Rossi will probably have to be on their books to start next season with his injury and all. I do feel a bit guilty because their downward spiral began when poached Pellegrini off them and of course we discarded him straight away. Hope they get back.

Fair play to Zaragoza as well. Their turnaround his nothing short of a miracle. Manolo Jimenez. Ale

In my opinion it's silly to call for Ozil to be sold when the likes of Altintop, Lass etc are still at the club
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon May 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Final table:

1 Real Madrid 100
2 Barcelona 91
3 Valencia 61
4 Málaga 58

5 Atlético 56
6 Levante 55

7 Osasuna 54
8 Mallorca 52
9 Sevilla 50
10 Athletic 49
11 Getafe 47
12 R. Sociedad 47
13 Betis 47
14 Espanyol 46
15 Rayo 43
16 Zaragoza 43
17 Granada 42
18 Villarreal 41
19 Sporting 37
20 Racing 27
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 14, 2012 2:17 pm

PICHICHI

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - 50
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) - 46
3. Radamel Falcao (Atlético) - 24
4. Gonzalo Higuaín (Real Madrid) - 22
5. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) - 21
6. Roberto Soldado (Valencia) - 17
7. Fernando Llorente (Athletic) - 16
8. Rubén Castro (Betis) - 16
9. Michu (Rayo) - 15
10. Arouna Koné (Levante) - 15

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 14, 2012 2:23 pm

ZAMORA

1. Víctor Valdés (Barcelona) - 0,80
2. Iker Casillas (Real Madrid) - 0,84
3. Thibault Courtois (Atlético) - 1,14
4. Dudu Aouate (Mallorca) - 1,25
5. Miguel Ángel Moyà (Getafe) - 1,33
6. Willy Caballero (Málaga) - 1,35
7. Gustavo Munúa (Levante) - 1,35
8. Raúl Bravo (Real Sociedad) - 1,38
9. Diego López (Villarreal) - 1,39
10. Gorka Iraizoz (Athletic) - 1,41
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Cristiano wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Cristiano wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Mesut Ale

Real fans should be really happy that this kid didn't sign for their Blaugrana rivals. He would have helped to cement their dominant status, that's for sure.

He probably would have been appreciated more, too, as Barcelona's philosophy would have suited him even more than Real's does.

Either way, congrats Real, congrats Mesut. This is just the beginning. Ale

Im certainly not amongst the doubters. I appreciate him fully and have defended him(and will continue to do so) when some were calling for him to be sold. Ever since the first time I saw him play against England in the European U21 final you could see he was special.

There have been plenty of talented footballer to put on the white shirt but if you don't play with balls it doesn't really matter how f*cking special you are. Ozil in 2012 has finally combined playing with guts to his obvious ability. Maybe he played like this for Bremen or Germany before but he didn't for Madrid and that is all I am really concerned with personally. But anyhow, as I said, if Ozil continues the way he is you wouldn't find me talking about David Silva any more and he has done so fair play to the lad. Ale

@worms Sky didn't show f*cking Rayo v Villarreal because Rayo played Granada today. Doh

Anyhow, it's a shame that Villarreal have gone down. Quite a few players that will be available now: Diego Lopez, Gonzalo, Marchena, Musacchio, Bruno, Borja Valero, Cani, Nilmar (of course he was leaving anyhow). Not sure who they might retain. Possibly Bruno since he is a local boy but I know Valencia want him. Ironically Rossi will probably have to be on their books to start next season with his injury and all. I do feel a bit guilty because their downward spiral began when poached Pellegrini off them and of course we discarded him straight away. Hope they get back.

Fair play to Zaragoza as well. Their turnaround his nothing short of a miracle. Manolo Jimenez. Ale

In my opinion it's silly to call for Ozil to be sold when the likes of Altintop, Lass etc are still at the club

Obviously some times it was more frustration over his performances than a genuine call for Ozil to be sold. Ozil was hyped up big time and came with big expectations. So when he was consistently the worst player on the pitch during the first half of the season, the backlash from fans was always going to be big. On the other hand, nobody expects Altintop or Lass to be anything other than sh!t. Although to be fair, I have been calling for both of those clowns to be sold for ages. Biggrin
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Mon May 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Hahahaha, De Guzman, you feckin twat!

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Mon May 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Jaime wrote:Oh yeah and FC menos que un f*cking club can go suck on 100 points. Ale

That record is a bit meaningless,we would have easily got more than 100 points last season if we weren't easily ahead in the league and in the CL Final.We rested our players for the majority of our last 10 league games.

I would rather have a CL + La Liga than La Liga with 100 points. <Ale>
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 14, 2012 5:26 pm

worms. wrote:
Jaime wrote:Oh yeah and FC menos que un f*cking club can go suck on 100 points. Ale

That record is a bit meaningless,we would have easily got more than 100 points last season if we weren't easily ahead in the league and in the CL Final.We rested our players for the majority of our last 10 league games.

I would rather have a CL + La Liga than La Liga with 100 points. <Ale>

Excuses! Ale
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Tue May 15, 2012 4:41 am

i hate atletico and falcao. i cant believe they didnt throw the game.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 pm

messiah wrote:i hate atletico and falcao. i cant believe they didnt throw the game.

Not enough in the suitcases I guess. Biggrin
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 pm

The Special One

Mou <Ale>
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 15, 2012 3:11 pm

cheers
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Seems like Atletico have a new shirt sponsor for next season:

6 million euro per season.

Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Falcao: "¿Manchester United o Chelsea? Prefiero el Atlético de Madrid" Shocked
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Wed May 16, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't speak Spanish but I can pretty much make out that convo. If Chelsea are buying Hulk, it'd be silly not to want to join them, especially if they do win the CL.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Wed May 16, 2012 3:16 pm

I think he would rather join a big club.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Super Mancini wrote:The Special One

Mou <Ale>

0.51: The awkward moment when Mou ignores Lass! Laughing
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu May 17, 2012 3:19 pm

With the Liverpool and Aston Villa jobs up for grabs, I thought I would post a brief summary of the managerial situations for la liga clubs.

Athletic Bilbao: Still unclear as to whether or not Bielsa will continue. He had only signed a one year deal last summer. Athletic have offered him a further two years but he has still not committed. Seems like some of the Athletic camp are getting the feeling he will leave.

Atletico: Diego Simeone

Barcelona: Tito Vilanova*

Betis: Pepe Mel

Espanyol: Mauricio Pochettino

Getafe: Luis Garcia

Granada: Abel Resino has been offered a an extension after helping Granada avoid the drop. His initial contract was just through the end of the season after taking over for Fabri Gonzalez. Should have a decision next week.

Levante: Juan Ignacio Martinez

Malaga: Manuel Pellegrini

Mallorca: Joaquin Caparros has signed an extension to stay in Mallorca as well. There were rumours that he was headed back to Sevilla (he was even reported to have met with Del Nido) but the announcement that he was going to continue in Mallorca came shortly after Michel was confirmed in Sevilla.

Osasuna: Jose Luis Mendilibar

Rayo: The club has just announced that Jose Ramon Sandoval won't continue next season. The rumour is that current Alcorcon manager Juan Antonio Anquela will be the next boss once Alcorcon conclude their season.

Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho

Real Sociedad: Philippe Montanier has just agreed to an additional one year extension to his current deal.

Sevilla: Just announced that Michel has been given a one year extension. His initial deal had been just through the end of the season after taking over for Marcelino.

Valencia: Mauricio Pellegrino*

Zaragoza: After pulling off the miracle of the century, it sounds as though Jimenez is looking for some guarantees (a serious 'project and structure') before he is signing. He seems fairly positive on his relationship with the directors and has said that money is not an obstacle so it will be interesting to see if he stays or not.

* = just hired
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Also a brief look at segunda:

1 Deportivo 82
2 Celta 75

3 Valladolid 75
4 Alcorcón 66
5 Hércules 65
6 Córdoba 64

7 Almería 58
8 Elche 54
9 Barcelona B 53
10 Numancia 51
11 Las Palmas 49
12 Villarreal B 49
13 Xerez 46
14 Sabadell 46
15 Murcia 46
16 Recreativo 46
17 Huesca 45
18 Guadalajara 40
19 Girona 39
20 Alcoyano 34
21 Cartagena 34
22 Gimnástic 30

Deportivo are one win away from guaranteeing their return to the top flight. Celta Vigo and Valladolid really fighting it out for the second guaranteed promotion place. Almeria nearly out of options to make the playoffs. At the bottom of the table, Girona and Guadalajara would be in trouble of going down but now with Villarreal being relegated, Villarreal will automatically be relegated to Segunda B so although not out of the woods yet they both have a little bit of cushion.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu May 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Deportivo,Celta Vigo and Hercules please. <Ale>
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu May 17, 2012 3:47 pm

with a better coach barca b would be in the top 4, not that they could be promoted, good to see depor and celta will be back to the big time
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu May 17, 2012 3:50 pm

worms. wrote:Deportivo,Celta Vigo and Hercules please. <Ale>

Out of curiosity, why Hercules?

messiah wrote:with a better coach barca b would be in the top 4, not that they could be promoted, [b]good to see depor and celta will be back to the big time[/b

Ale

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu May 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Jaime wrote:
worms. wrote:Deportivo,Celta Vigo and Hercules please. <Ale>

Out of curiosity, why Hercules?

I like the name.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Thu May 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 18, 2012 2:30 pm

New Valencia shirt:

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 21, 2012 1:23 am

1 Deportivo 82
2 Celta 78

3 Valladolid 78
4 Alcorcón 66
5 Hércules 65
6 Córdoba 64

7 Almería 61
8 Numancia 54
9 Elche 54
10 Barcelona B 53
11 Las Palmas 52
12 Villarreal B 52
13 Xerez 49
14 Huesca 48
15 Murcia 47
16 Sabadell 46
17 Recreativo 46
18 Guadalajara 43
19 Girona 42
20 Alcoyano 34
21 Cartagena 34
22 Gimnástic 31

With two rounds left to play in Segunda...
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Supports : Arsenal FC
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler on Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Deportivo have sealed promotion to La Liga for next season. <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 pm