Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: The Next England Squad

Post by christmasborocooper on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire

Put Rio on the top

Put Anton in the middle

Then burn the fucking lot

... That's the only song that I know has been sung. Oliver Holt described it as racist and disgusting.

Where the fuck is the racism in that song?

It's a song that gets used all over the place and fans just change who's "on" the bonfire..
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:01 pm

It was reported by an anti-racism organisation, they probably have links to Rio and this is some form of retaliation. For the past week Rio has been a c**t, now they're trying to paint him as the victim, it doesn't seem to be working though. You would think these Ferdinand boys were from Liverpool the way they behave. Rolling Eyes
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:35 pm

I think if racism is so subtle that you're not sure if it's racism or not, then it's fine.

I like Piara Powar, but this surely isn't his remit. They weren't singing songs about Ferdinand because of his race, they were singing songs about him because he turned down an England call-up only to go and work for a tv station in San Marino.

Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 pm

If this St George's Park doesn't work..... Grr
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 16, 2013 2:22 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22551566

Rooney doesn't deserve to be in the team, let alone talk about being captain.

McCarthy
Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines
Carrick Lampard
Walcott Sturridge Ox
Welbeck

Shit I know, but slim pickings. If Lampard wasn't captaining, Cleverly would be in there.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 pm

BECKS RETIRING Crazy

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Awesome, the media will feast on this for ages, fuck the end of the season, lets talk about a guy that has been semi-retired for 6 years.
The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Thu May 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaqun, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Mller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Post by Balack was Coward on Thu May 16, 2013 5:06 pm

lol!
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri May 17, 2013 1:53 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22568870

Waddle sending for Beckham lol!

I don't think he quite realises how many 1,000 is though Razz
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Waddle is a cock, but apart from 1000 exaggeration he is spot on and alot more reasoned than most of the sycophants we've had to hear from.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Also all this shit we've heard for years about that freekick against Greece, people are talking about him dragging England to the world cup, but that isn't how I remember it at all. Beckham had had an awful game and was repeatedly fucking up from freekicks, which was why Sheringham wanted to take that last one.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri May 17, 2013 4:14 pm

"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7." - David Beckham

"Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had." - David Beckham

"I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet." - David Beckham
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri May 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Interviewer: 'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.'
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri May 17, 2013 4:19 pm

'That was in the past - were in the future now' - DAVID BECKHAM
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Laughing

Waddle is clearly on the troll.

1,000 players in the Prem League can put in a pass like this. Yeh, course they could Rolling Eyes

He wasn't a dribbler, he wasn't massively mobile. But you don't win as many titles as he did being just good.

The greatest players in the World are the ones who regularly changed games in an instant. Beckham's free kick, shooting and long range passing ability were unique enough to make him easily a great in my book. Ultimately, he played to his strengths to the point that what he could do, he did better than pretty much everyone else. That is greatness in my eyes.

A Wojciech Szszszszny in every sense of the word. The more I watch football these days with so few players who can consistently drill a 50 yard pass, cross inch perfectly or caress a 30 yard free kick, the more I miss Beckham.

The fact that he is seen as the anti-christ to football hipsters makes me love him even more

Last edited by Disco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Balack was Coward

Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaqun, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Mller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 5:11 pm

That was in La Liga.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm

0trick, do you think he would have won as much as he did if he looked like Luke Chadwick?
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Kimbo wrote:0trick, do you think he would have won as much as he did if he looked like Luke Chadwick?

Yes I do. He would not have become a mega superstar icon, however nothing I saw in terms of his commitment and hard work on the pitch makes me think he wouldn't have been a success anyway. Despite all the off field hype, fame and money, he still produced many eye catching, game changing moments on the pitch. Meanwhile, Luke chadwick went from playing for Man United to MK Dons because he, like so many kids, clearly got entrapped by the comforts of his early wealth.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Whoa whoa whoa !!! Calm down Disco Bear, turn off your 'David Beckham's Greatest Goals and Assists' DVD for one moment, put your tissues away and explain what you mean by this..

"Beckham's free kick, shooting and long range passing ability were unique enough to make him easily a great in my book."

Just what do you mean by great ? An England great ? A Manchester United Great ? One of the all time great footballers ? What other players would you rank him alongside with?
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

The fact that he is seen as the anti-christ to football hipsters makes me love him even more

Jonah and the Whale wrote:Whoa whoa whoa !!! Calm down Disco Bear, turn off your 'David Beckham's Greatest Goals and Assists' DVD for one moment, put your tissues away and explain what you mean by this..

"Beckham's free kick, shooting and long range passing ability were unique enough to make him easily a great in my book."

Just what do you mean by great ? An England great ? A Manchester United Great ? One of the all time great footballers ? What other players would you rank him alongside with?

ok ok Laughing
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
Kimbo wrote:0trick, do you think he would have won as much as he did if he looked like Luke Chadwick?

Yes I do. He would not have become a mega superstar icon, however nothing I saw in terms of his commitment and hard work on the pitch makes me think he wouldn't have been a success anyway. Despite all the off field hype, fame and money, he still produced many eye catching, game changing moments on the pitch. Meanwhile, Luke chadwick went from playing for Man United to MK Dons because he, like so many kids, clearly got entrapped by the comforts of his early wealth.

Well he probably would have been very successful as he played for Man U, but there would have been no moves to Madrid, LA, Milan, and Paris. He would have 20-30 less England caps if not for his celebrity status aswell.

He was a very good player, but people are going on like an all time great has retired, while he has been on the scene there have been plenty better English players.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:

Jonah and the Whale wrote:Whoa whoa whoa !!! Calm down Disco Bear, turn off your 'David Beckham's Greatest Goals and Assists' DVD for one moment, put your tissues away and explain what you mean by this..

ok ok Laughing

Well I don't hate him or spout shit about him being a average player, at his peak for United he was a very good player. But he had his limitations, like you said his inability to beat a man which is a good tool to have if you play on the wing like he did. England and Man United Great ? Yes, just about mind. But yes, I do have a problem when people try to make out he was one of the all time greats because he simply was nowhere near that good. Laughing He was nowhere near as good as Figo, never mind somebody like Garrincha or Best for example. He doesn't belong in that tier of players.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 pm

To be clear, I don't rate him as an all time great,however he goes down as a player who helped define modern football, one that people will remember when they talk about this generation he played in.

Ultimately, nothing I'm saying here is new: he wasn't the all round package (Mobility, close control and dribbling are naturally essential to be deemed a great. Beckham was weak with those),

but he WILL go down as one of the best free kick takers there has ever been (just look at how few of them exist these days), one of the best long VERTICAL passers of the ball there has ever been, one of the best crossers of the ball there has ever been. The pure technique with which Beckham could strike a ball should never be underestimated. It was downright sexy.

Last edited by Disco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 pm

he is an all time great for England. His greatest attribute was his worth ethic, he wasn't exceptionally gifted as a footballer or an athlete, but he made himself exceptional. Perhaps as a footballer he wasn't as good as his profile might suggest, but being a household name thanks in part to his life outside football shouldn't detract from his accomplishments.

TWERP HOW IS CALIFORNIA Grr
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Disco Benny wrote:To be clear, I don't rate him as an all time great,however he goes down as a player who helped define modern football, one that people will remember when they talk about this generation he played in.

Well yeah, modern football is about hype, celebrity, and off the field bullshit. Scholes, a proper legend is retiring, no one talks about that. No one talks about Steve Harper, Jamie Carragher, Jody Craddock, do they?
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:To be clear, I don't rate him as an all time great,however he goes down as a player who helped define modern football, one that people will remember when they talk about this generation he played in.

Well yeah, modern football is about hype, celebrity, and off the field bullshit. Scholes, a proper legend is retiring, no one talks about that. No one talks about Steve Harper, Jamie Carragher, Jody Craddock, do they?

I think it's fair to say Beckham provided enough money shot moments on the field to make him worthy of remembrance and reverence. Scholes too, and actually a lot of people 'in the know' do talk about Scholes.

the other 3, no idea why they'd warrant comparison. Ultimately, comes down to the point I keep repeating - Beckham was so uniquely good at his strengths (long passes, crosses, free kicks) that he will be remembered for them. He's hardly going to be simply remembered for being good looking. Oliver Giroud is good looking, and has got a massive penis. Will anyone remember him in 10 years? Doubt it

Last edited by Disco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
Kimbo wrote:

I think it's fair to say Beckham provided enough money shot moments on the field to make him worthy of remembrance and reverence. Scholes too, and actually a lot of people 'in the know' do talk about Scholes.

the other 3, no idea why they'd warrant comparison. Ultimately, comes down to the point I keep repeating - Beckham was so uniquely good at his strengths (long passes, crosses, free kicks) that he will be remembered for them. He's hardly going to be simply remember for being good looking. Oliver Giroud is good looking, and has got a massive penis.

Laurent Robert was a better freekick taker. ok
The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Scholes got his pomp and ceremony the first time he retired. You only get one funeral.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Fri May 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 pm