The Next England Squad

Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: The Next England Squad

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 11:54 pm

He will be remembered but not as a GREAT football player. He will be remembered as a very good footballer who had even more success off the pitch.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sat May 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Certainly top 1000 BPL players and one of the best crossers I've seen (but then so was Nicky summerbee)

One of the better England players of his era but that's not much of a compliment.

No pace, limited by not being able to use weak foot/outside of right foot.

Got sent off for act of petulance in huge game, pulled out of a tackle v Brazil which led to equaliser, bottled his 4 biggest England pens (lucky for him the one v Argies went in), used to turn his back to his opponent whenevr going up for a header (rare) and never got beyond a QF.

Legend and all time great Rolling Eyes

People talk about his crossing and free-kicks but the one thing they never seem to mention are his ambassadorial qualities which make him such a great ambassador.

You would hope that if the FA are in need of an ambassador, they will recognise his ambassadorial qualities and give him some sort of role as an ambassador.

He has been a great ambassador for English football <Ale>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imDvCCy9PMg
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon May 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Guess the FA and their sponsors took it literally when they were told to be inspired by Germany...

England reveal new shirt … with a German flavour?

• Hints of Germany and New Zealand shirt in new Nike design
• Shirt picture tweeted by Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/20/england-reveal-new-shirt
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Mon May 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Why does Germany play in white anyway? It's our colour, you copy us, you always copy us!
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon May 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Kimbo wrote:Why does Germany play in white anyway? It's our colour, you copy us, you always copy us!
Black and white was the colour of Prussia.Many teams wear a colour that is linked with the past. Italy wears blue, cause blue was the colour of their monarchy if I remember correctly.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon May 20, 2013 3:12 pm

lol! You are from these shores. Black and white are our colours. The classiest international shirt. Ale
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon May 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Germany's past holds no secrets for me ok  But it's easy to make a classy shirt from black and white, orange on the other hand..or yellow for that matter. I hate yellow shirts as well.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon May 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I meant Kimbo actually. todo actually believes that the yellow shirt gives Brazil a 'psychological advantage'...
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Mon May 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Bright shirts make it easier to pick out players. Remember Man U with that grey thing! ok
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Mon May 20, 2013 4:03 pm

ALBICELESTE!
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri May 24, 2013 8:24 am

Forgetting the hype about the youth development of the DFB for a second as the English media seems to go overboard with this these days (wish they'd go back to hype everything Spanish to be honest), this part of the following Guardian article really sums up the core of the problem of English football, as I had mentioned earlier:

According to Uefa, Germany has 28,400 (England 1,759) coaches with the B licence, 5,500 (895) with the A licence and 1,070 (115) with the Pro licence, the highest qualification.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/23/germany-bust-boom-talent

Those are ridiculous stats, seriously. For a major football nation, actually the birthplace of modern football, that's pretty pathetic. The English FA seriously has to focus on nurturing coaches / managers and giving them professional education. There is a reason why there are hardly and English coaches / managers in the EPL these days. Forget the players for a second, your clubs produce quite a few quality youngsters actually, concentrate on the coaches.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 am

Another important part:

"When I went to Aston Villa eight years ago I told them our players, under-17, 18 and 19, go to school for 34 hours a week," he says. "They said: 'No, you're a liar, it's not possible, our players go for nine hours.' I said: 'No, I'm not lying.' They said: 'It's not possible, you can't train and do 34 hours of education.' I said: 'Sure. And what do you do with the players who have for three years, from the age of 16 to 19, only had nine hours a week of school?

"They said: 'They have to try to be a professional or not. They have to decide.' I said: 'No, we can't do that in Freiburg. It's wrong. Most players in our academy can't be professionals, they will have to look for a job. The school is the most important thing, then comes football.' We give players the best chance to be a footballer but we give them two educations here. If 80% can't go on to play in the professional team, we have to look out for them. The players that play here, the majority of them go on to higher education. And we need intelligent players on the pitch anyway."

Exclamation

Why am I not surprised about Aston Villa... Wink

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri May 24, 2013 12:45 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Another important part:

"When I went to Aston Villa eight years ago I told them our players, under-17, 18 and 19, go to school for 34 hours a week," he says. "They said: 'No, you're a liar, it's not possible, our players go for nine hours.' I said: 'No, I'm not lying.' They said: 'It's not possible, you can't train and do 34 hours of education.' I said: 'Sure. And what do you do with the players who have for three years, from the age of 16 to 19, only had nine hours a week of school?

"They said: 'They have to try to be a professional or not. They have to decide.' I said: 'No, we can't do that in Freiburg. It's wrong. Most players in our academy can't be professionals, they will have to look for a job. The school is the most important thing, then comes football.' We give players the best chance to be a footballer but we give them two educations here. If 80% can't go on to play in the professional team, we have to look out for them. The players that play here, the majority of them go on to higher education. And we need intelligent players on the pitch anyway."

Exclamation

Why am I not surprised about Aston Villa... Wink

Then they have that Brummie accent so life's pretty much over if they don't make it as footballers

110%

Post by 110% on Wed May 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Awesome picture of the Hodge on the BBC website:

Looking at the Ireland squad I can only identify about 5 players, better than peru I guess, but not much better.

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed May 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Oh Jesus.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 pm

I've said it before i'll say it again, Ben Foster is shite.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Wed May 29, 2013 11:24 pm

Hodge Podge <Ale>
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed May 29, 2013 11:29 pm

Luis wrote:Hodge Podge <Ale>

Agenda's. <Ale> The players aren't good enough, simples.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed May 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Bit of an experimental side too..
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed May 29, 2013 11:42 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I meant Kimbo actually. todo actually believes that the yellow shirt gives Brazil a 'psychological advantage'...

And Germany in red are ridiculous! Should be always white or green. <Ale>

But Germany has certainly the most beautiful international kit. Same as Corinthians. White shirt, black shorts, white socks. ok
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Thu May 30, 2013 5:25 am

in the last 4 WC qualifiers, england has 3 home games, thats an UTTER disadvantage for them

they don`t have the quality to break down teams at home, and the away team will only wait and see what england is capable to do, and hit them on the break

i fully expect NO ENGLAND at the WC2014

110%

Post by 110% on Thu May 30, 2013 8:08 am

Kroos wrote:in the last 4 WC qualifiers, england has 3 home games, thats an UTTER disadvantage for them

they don`t have the quality to break down teams at home, and the away team will only wait and see what england is capable to do, and hit them on the break

Very Happy

It's a good spin but I would be more worried for England if Ukraine or Poland were above them. Respect to Montenegro for doing well so far, there's a big question mark over whether they can sustain it.

Generally though it's much worse travelling to some random country in eastern europe in the middle of the season than playing at home, staying in some 5-star hotel near wembley etc. England have the last 2 games at home against Montenegro and Poland, and while England probably have to win so might Montenegro and Poland (if they are fighting for the 1-2 spots) so I doubt they can just sit back and play for the draw as they might end up losing and missing out completely.

England still might spectacularly fail, but not because they have 3 home games.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 am

We go over the same shit every international, it's boring. Though what Woy was doing playing 442 yesterday is anybody's guess.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:

But Germany has certainly the most beautiful international kit. Same as Corinthians. White shirt, black shorts, white socks. ok

Actually, the red kit is a thing of the past, we went back to the traditional green kit as our second kit for Euro 2012. Not that it broughts us any luck, though...
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu May 30, 2013 11:08 am

Kroos wrote:in the last 4 WC qualifiers, england has 3 home games, thats an UTTER disadvantage for them

The Oracle strikes again.

If your predictions had been correct, Germany would have been treble champs in 2008, 2010 and 2012 whilst Spain continued to underachieve cos that's what theyd always done.

Sorry if I therefore don't take you on your word.

There is some truth in your assessment, however England broke down Brazil at home in a friendly with more significance than a half hearted end of season one against Ireland. Team will look more like that one as well.

We ll qualify and fail in groups or second round. We are at the moment an above average side just good enough to qualify but not good enough to do anything in the knockouts.

Don't see this changing for at least 10years whilst youth and coaching structure begins to change, which it's looking like it's starting to with the u18s, 21s premier league and st George s park. Until then, lets just pin our hopes on Jack wilshere the half crock, as he's the only world class player we re going to have for awhile.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu May 30, 2013 11:32 am

He may go overboard as always but Kroos actually has a point - England struggle against teams they are supposed to break down, there is a lack of creativity and fluidity. This is actually along the lines of what Pierre has been saying for years, so hardly anything new.
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu May 30, 2013 1:14 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Actually, the red kit is a thing of the past, we went back to the traditional green kit as our second kit for Euro 2012. Not that it broughts us any luck, though...

It may be from the past, but it's not the German I know since my childhood in the 80s.

Did you know that Brazil played in white in the past? White shirt and blue shorts until the WC in Brazil in 1950. The yellow came only in the mid 50s. Black and white TV does´t help, I know. Yellow and white look quite the same.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Thu May 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Laughing

Oh I do wonder about some people on here sometimes. If you genuinely believe Hodgson is the right man for England then I can only hope you won't criticise him if A) England dont make the World Cup or B) they make it but go out in the group stage or the last 16.

Hodgson is a dinosaur and a stubborn, arrogant one at that.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Luis wrote:
Kimbo wrote:

Laughing

Oh I do wonder about some people on here sometimes. If you genuinely believe Hodgson is the right man for England then I can only hope you won't criticise him if A) England dont make the World Cup or B) they make it but go out in the group stage or the last 16.

I don't think there is a right man for England.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Luis wrote:
Kimbo wrote:

Laughing

I don't think there is a right man for England.

<Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 am