FRANCE - Summer 2012 thread

Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: FRANCE - Summer 2012 thread

Post by Fade out on Wed May 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Valbuena as a CM next to M'Vila? lol!

Blanc isn't that shit.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Wed May 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Funny considering Koscielny is better than all of them. The only one that gets close is Rami.

Looking forward to seeing the French though ok
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed May 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Actually Mexes is better than all of them.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Wed May 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Next joke
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed May 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Personally I think Mexes is both overrated and underrated. He is prone to errors, but he has all assets to be the BEST. Kinda like Koscielny, who has impressed me greatly.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed May 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Fade out wrote:So sad that Kaboul isn't coming.

Blanc shouldn't prefer Rami to Koscielny. But he is already making more sounds of Mbiwa than Koscielny. Koscielny will be 4th choice, showing how overrated Blanc really is.

He should also fuck off with his ex-Bordeaux players fixation.

Mde too - he's been a beast this season Sad
BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed May 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Deluded F*ck wrote:
Fade out wrote:So sad that Kaboul isn't coming.

Blanc shouldn't prefer Rami to Koscielny. But he is already making more sounds of Mbiwa than Koscielny. Koscielny will be 4th choice, showing how overrated Blanc really is.

He should also fuck off with his ex-Bordeaux players fixation.

Mde too - he's been a beast this season Sad

ok He's better than Kosclienly.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Wed May 16, 2012 2:09 pm

You could at least try and add some imagination to your agendas. And no he hasn't, but he has been good ok
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed May 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Koscielny is on par with Kaboul. Ideally would like to see them being paired up.

Both have led their defenses in 2nd half of the season. King's drop in form & Mertesacker's injury meant that they have to lead back-4 with likes of Nelsen, Gallas(sadly past it), Vermaelolen, Djourou.
Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed May 16, 2012 2:14 pm

@ Fadey/ Frenchies:

pour atteindre les demi-finales de ce tournoi est une exigence minimale, mon avis. (think i got that right)

At Ray - think Kaboul and Koscielny would be a brilliant partnership really. Kaboul is a physical beast who is comfortable bringing the ball out and Koscielny is an excellent reader. He'd look better in a team that has a midfield that isn't ridiculous easy to bypass.
BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed May 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Romford Pele wrote:You could at least try and add some imagination to your agendas. And no he hasn't, but he has been good ok

As far as i can see, it is you who has the agenda (that being Koscliency is amazing and better than everyone else). Wouldn't be surprised if you were sat at your computer vigorously masturbating to a picture of him.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed May 16, 2012 2:17 pm

DF,
You think so? I'm not sold on Blanc. Wouldn't surprise me though if we were to only play 3 games.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Wed May 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Bring me something new please Bobo.

I agree Kaboul and Kos would make a very good partnership as they complement each other well. If Kos played in a team with good defensive organisation...

The Arsenal players i've hyped this season (RVP, Kos and The Ox) have all warranted it.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 16, 2012 2:30 pm

How likely is it that Ben Arfa makes it in the starting line up?

Would like to see the team that Fade Out posted with Ribery and Ben Arfa on each wing.
Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed May 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Fade out wrote:DF,
You think so? I'm not sold on Blanc. Wouldn't surprise me though if we were to only play 3 games.

Yes you could always implode, but *forgive me if not correct, I like to test my french from time to time*

joueur est jeune air d'avoir faim et trs talentueux. Ce 2012 groupe n'est plus hanter par l'esprit de Zizou, Vieira, Henry, Thuram, Trez et autres lgendes de cette poque.

Question: Est-Marvin Martin est bon d'achat pour prendre la place de Modric?

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Wed May 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Deluded F*ck wrote:
Fade out wrote:DF,

Yes you could always implode, but *forgive me if not correct, I like to test my french from time to time*

joueur est jeune air d'avoir faim et trs talentueux. Ce 2012 groupe n'est plus hanter par l'esprit de Zizou, Vieira, Henry, Thuram, Trez et autres lgendes de cette poque.

Question: Est-Marvin Martin est bon d'achat pour prendre la place de Modric?

Hi everyone, long time no see. Don't know if this group will do well, could do well or be crap, who knows. Quarter final maybe. If we had a proper n10 I would be more optimistic. All the offensive players we have been rather disappointing all these years. Nasri has been poor, Ribery is by far the biggest problem, because he hasn't done anything since 2006. Gourcuff could be good but mentality he is as strong as a cat. Martin has been rather good for France each time he played. I really count on Ben Arfa to win a starting place. As for your question about Martin, I really don't know if he could replace Modric because although he was excellent last year he has been rather poor this year but he is playing for a crapy team.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Wed May 16, 2012 2:41 pm

when did kos become good enough to start for a team that wants to win the euro. rami is miles better. arsenal and thier XI world class players plus rvp
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed May 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Not quite sure if there's belief though. they know they are talented, but they will certainly not believe they will reach far. their talent might come in way of tactical discipline against big teams. Might be the downfall. Some players look tired. M'Vila who is the single most important player (IMHO) has worn out after being overplayed by Rennes.

Marvin Martin has disappointed this season from what I told. Haven't seen much of Sochaux. He is a different player to Cabaye and Modric. He isn't as good in subtleties of midfield play. But he had a good 2010-11 season in terms of end product. He wants to go to PSG apparently.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 pm

How worldclass is Messi for Argentina eh?
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Kos has been great this season. It's Vermaelen / Merte who have sucked a big donkey's dick this season, and as for Arsenal's fullbacks in the absence of Sagna/Gibbs...well, you can sprinkle cornflakes over a turd but just don't expect it to replace breakfast Ale

And as for Kaboul missing out, it's a travesty. Same with Walker. Those 2 deserve some international recognition this summer for excellent campaigns (bar a dip in form from both around Feb/March)
BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Kos has been great this season. It's Vermaelen / Merte who have sucked a big donkey's dick this season, and as for Arsenal's fullbacks in the absence of Sagna/Gibbs...well, you can sprinkle cornflakes over a turd but just don't expect it to replace breakfast Ale

And as for Kaboul missing out, it's a travesty. Same with Walker. Those 2 deserve some international recognition this summer for excellent campaigns (bar a dip in form from both around Feb/March)

bit OTT no?

I'm sure the neutrals will not really care whether Kaboul is there to warm the bench or not.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed May 16, 2012 3:31 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Kos has been great this season. It's Vermaelen / Merte who have sucked a big donkey's dick this season, and as for Arsenal's fullbacks in the absence of Sagna/Gibbs...well, you can sprinkle cornflakes over a turd but just don't expect it to replace breakfast Ale

bit OTT no?

I'm sure the neutrals will not really care whether Kaboul is there to warm the bench or not.

For Spurs fans. I never mentioned neutrals Ale
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Could France field anymore foreigners?

Looking at that squad, deep down France aint, and never will be a true football country.

The have ZERO honour! Then again what can be expected of a nation that demands to retire at 58 while the rest of us has to work a decade more.

galit my ass, twats.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Wed May 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Unity in diversity.

You will understand that when Narsingh plays.

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

Interesting line up for the friendly against Island: Mandanda, Debuchy, Rami, Mezes, Evra, Cabaye, Gourcuff, Nasri, Ben Arfa, Ben Arfa, Benzema, Menez.
Quite an offensive team for once.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Mon May 28, 2012 11:40 am

It didn't work out at all until changes were made.

We looked good with one DM (that's right even with Alou lol!) than having extra attack-minded MF. Don't know why Blanc nearly took away the confidence from the team. It could have been worse.

Ribery carried good form from his Bayern season. Barfa oozes class. Benzema great as ever. Giroud should be a supersub and Blanc shouldn't blink first against Woy playing 2 strikers.

Debuchy made uncharacteristic mistakes because of Rami-Mexes, Mexes turned on his 'crap' mode. If he couldn't be arsed, could we at least play Koscileny?

Gourcuff-Nasri together = crap. 1 good game against England in Wembley when Capello was toying with the lineup doesn't count! Gourcuff shouldn't even be in the squad. It's a joke.

And where was M'Vila?
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Mon May 28, 2012 11:55 am

So what would be your starting XI, Fade?

And what do you expect Blanc to play?
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Mon May 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Gourcuff really does seem to have lost the plot - shame, so much ability there.

Mexes lol!

Kos Ale

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Mon May 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Mexes> Kos
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Mon May 28, 2012 12:25 pm

debaser wrote:So what would be your starting XI, Fade?

And what do you expect Blanc to play?
No one knows what Blanc would do. But the obvious pitfalls/mistakes..

Mexes, Evra ahead of Koscielny, Clichy despite amateur mistakes after being far more experienced. In Evra's case, he's comfortably past it.

Solidity of Valbeuna, Menez starting ahead of indv. brilliance of HBA. Although if Blanc used HBA in big games as a sub like Pires in 2000, it'd be acceptable.

Asking Giroud/Benz to start together and ask one of the two to play Remy-like role. A big gut-feeling this could happen.

Gourcuff getting playing time, or even worse, paired with Nasri as they play side ways passes to each other. Sleep

Alou in the squad as 1st choice backup DM/CM. Together with Matuidi fetish, little wonder Blanc left out Mavuba, Capoue. M'Vila injury would unsettle the squad. Easily the most important player of the squad. But M'Vila himself had an average season compared to Capoue/Mavuba.

Don't want to guess his starting XI. I'd like this:

Lloris-Debuchy-Rami-Koscielny-Clichy-M'Vila-Cabaye-Nasri-Ribery-Benzema-HBA

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:46 pm