Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Liga 2012/13 Season Thread

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 pm

God bless Abramovich and the sheiks.

They are making football much more exciting and interesting. And I love that Chelsea have now won the Cl which will finally shut up all those people who hated on Chelsea that they couldn't win Cl supposedly because they didn't have "class". I don't see any problem with outside money. They have made their money so they have every right to spend it as they will. I can't see what is morally wrong with that. The current football aristoracy has no right to be forever embedded on the top of the game.

Either Espanyol or Atletico getting a rich owner would be awesome. Although Espanyol doing it would be my personal preference simply because it would annoy Barcelona fans on whole new level. When I see my Man Utd friends reaction to City I could only imagine how Barca fans would react. Especially if they played really defensive and rough football. drunken

Messiah
I really don't understand why clubs are obligated to play a certain way because of how much they spend. Remember that often these clubs are trying to get to a level of the existing top clubs. It is not as if sheiks come in at top clubs and then spend tons of money. But even if they did it shouldn't matter. Suppose I get a billion dollars(run with me here Biggrin) and I bought a club. I would definitely spend as much as City or Chelsea but make a defensive and brute team out of it. An owner should go after his aspirations. If it is to win titles, play offensive, play defensive,etc.

Last edited by Super defensive on Wed May 30, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Boasting about living off the welfare state certainly is immoral.
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Wed May 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Super defensive wrote:God bless Abramovich and the sheiks.

They are making football much more exciting and interesting. And I love that Chelsea have now won the Cl which will finally shut up all those people who hated on Chelsea that they couldn't win Cl supposedly because they didn't have "class". I don't see any problem with outside money. They have made their money so they have every right to spend it as they will. I can't see what is morally wrong with that. The current football aristoracy has no right to be forever embedded on the top of the game.

Either Espanyol or Atletico getting a rich owner would be awesome. Although Espanyol doing it would be my personal preference simply because it would annoy Barcelona fans on whole new level. When I see my Man Utd friends reaction to City I could only imagine how Barca fans would react. Especially if they played really defensive and rough football. drunken

Messiah
I really don't understand why clubs are obligated to play a certain way because of how much they spend. Remember that often these clubs are trying to get to a level of the existing top clubs. It is not as if sheiks come in at top clubs and then spend tons of money. But even if they did it shouldn't matter. Suppose I get a billion dollars(run with me here Biggrin) and I bought a club. I would definitely spend as much as City or Chelsea but make a defensive and brute team out of it. An owner should go after his aspirations. If it is to win titles, play offensive, play defensive,etc.

+1

The beauty within football to me, is teams using a range of tactics. Catenaccio, Total Football, Tiki Taka, whatever England play, Counter attack (aggressive and passive) are simply the things that make the beautiful game, beautiful.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Wed May 30, 2012 8:36 pm

I get the play tactics that allows you to reach your goal and its not so much defensive football I hate, no one has ever heard me complain about italy winning the 06 wc, are even inter winning the CL(what i have always said was the played a weaken barca due to the team having to take the bus) I still remember that chelsea v inter game fondly, but playing 10 men behind the play, yet allow chance after chance is not good defensive football, it shit on a stick football.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed May 30, 2012 8:43 pm

if you are going to play defensive football do it right, especially after spending so much money. do it like the great italian teams, 7/8 men defending and a front line that uses deadly counter attacking. i mean i dislike arsenal as much as chelsea, and they think they play good football. but they do it shitty.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Wed May 30, 2012 8:44 pm

messiah wrote:if you are going to play defensive football do it right, especially after spending so much money. do it like the great italian teams, 7/8 men defending and a front line that uses deadly counter attacking. i mean i dislike arsenal as much as chelsea, and they think they play good football. but they do it shitty.

Sleep

Barcelona fan + unjustified sense of superiority = normal

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed May 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Basically old money is scared of new money, because it means change, especially a change of status.

Teenage football fans who have been following a team like barcelona for a few years on tv or the internet, but have no affiliation whatsoever, should shut the fuck up about history. The only history you have is that you watched them on tv and patted yourself on the back for choosing a good team to support.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Wed May 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Ahem.

In other news, it looks like Bielsa is renewing for Athletic. Ale

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Wed May 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Messiah

Boring troll.You need to come up with some new material,this defensive football crap is old.

Last edited by Justice for Goldado on Wed May 30, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 pm

messiah wrote:if you are going to play defensive football do it right, especially after spending so much money. do it like the great italian teams, 7/8 men defending and a front line that uses deadly counter attacking. i mean i dislike arsenal as much as chelsea, and they think they play good football. but they do it shitty.

This.

worms.

Post by worms. on Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 pm

messiah wrote:I get the play tactics that allows you to reach your goal and its not so much defensive football I hate, no one has ever heard me complain about italy winning the 06 wc, are even inter winning the CL(what i have always said was the played a weaken barca due to the team having to take the bus) I still remember that chelsea v inter game fondly, but playing 10 men behind the play, yet allow chance after chance is not good defensive football, it shit on a stick football.

+1.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed May 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Oh yes the ever reliable last refuge, yet poorly thought out johnny foreigner argument, a laugh so hard every
time i hear it.

Laugh even harder at arsenal fans, and the desperate need for everyone to think their team is actually some how better than what it produces on the field and some how we are are blinded to it.

worms.

Post by worms. on Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Messiah

Neither Chelsea Football Club or Abramovic have earned that money.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Wed May 30, 2012 10:02 pm

110% wrote:Basically old money is scared of new money, because it means change, especially a change of status.

Teenage football fans who have been following a team like barcelona for a few years on tv or the internet, but have no affiliation whatsoever, should shut the fuck up about history. The only history you have is that you watched them on tv and patted yourself on the back for choosing a good team to support.

ok

Maybe one day worms and co. will actually realise that one of the main reasons these elite clubs reached the top in the first place was due to having more financial/political backing than the majority of their opponents. Then they'll shut up about teams who became equally competitive due to similar financial advantages (adjusted for wage/transfer inflation) some 50-60 years later.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Barcelona shitty attacking football vs Chelsea's shitty defensive football, it was an insufferable mess & neither too fluent or easy on the eyes, and latter won purely on the number of times they managed to get the ball into 8 yards by 8 feet area, named 'goal', why didn't the inventors of the game think of disparity of philosophical & aesthetic 'modes' of putting the ball into the net? Maybe it is to do with flawed reading of the game. Isn't the very essential aspect of sport to be as equally meritorious & equally unpredictable as life itself, sometimes you do all the 'right' things in the presupposed 'right' ways, and you still don't manage to get the 'right' result.

That the Chelsea way isn't reliable, inferior and will be found out as it isn't purely 'application' (Like Greece 2004) but also a huge proportion of luck involved, I'll stop there, hardly the most imaginative points. By all means, throw toys out of the pram like a bitter curmudgeon, making painfully pedantic observations. The irony and beauty of the sport is how the club legend's one shot on goal + his last kick would win them the CL, and ever so bizarrely he conceded both penalties (That were missed). More corroborative evidence that logic defying series of events happen in a complex sport like Football, making it the nuanced sport that is.

The lone resident Chelsea fan, S4P, has conceded multiple times that it's an imbalanced squad and that this CL win doesn't hide their flaws. It's the only way (uber-defensive + clinical finishing + opposition's poor finishing) they could have won this cup. It all conjured up in ways no one could have scripted. We said they'd be lucky to get out of the group, but they thrashed Valencia. We said it'd be impossible to overturn result vs Napoli after Avb sack, then Benfica, gave them 0% chance vs Barca, and Bayern at AA in 1-leg final, 'No chance' in unison..They managed to do it, after all the stuff that has happened at the club. Of course, it'd all be cloaked in 'Russian Oligarch money' and 'plastic success', what not. But at a time of distress, the players, Ivanovic/Ramires/Mata/Mikel(Post Mourinho era players) and Drogba/Cole/Cech/Lampard, new and old, certainly 'woke up' at the right moments of the season. For that at least, I'd spare the extended vitriol.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Jaime wrote:Ahem.

I hear ya Jaime. These punk ass fools need to quit their jibber jabber! Chelsea won the CL, it's over. We all need to move on. And this is from a Spud

Bielsa is one bad ass mother fucker. I shall be watching Athletic closely. Hope they hold onto their first 11. The World needs teams like Athletic, Dortmund, Napoli and....Spurs (yep I said it) to remain competitive and build on some solid PROGRESSIVE (tm) foundations. By progressive I also mean proactive fussball.

Team Proactive Ale
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed May 30, 2012 11:26 pm

statistics show that people who have the most birthday live the longest
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Have to say I'm turning on Bielsa. Been a fan since 2002 and especially after the 2004 olympics team he took to Greece. But he was always an outlier in my progressive world view, like Laudrup for example. With the losses against Atletico and Barcelona in finals I have to say he is a bit of a loser. He was interesting because he had a very distinct brand but it gets old and worn out.

Off the bandwagon Coat

Progress 2012/2013, another victory Question
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu May 31, 2012 3:19 am

Disco Benny wrote:
Jaime wrote:Ahem.

I hear ya Jaime. These punk ass fools need to quit their jibber jabber! Chelsea won the CL, it's over. We all need to move on. And this is from a Spud

Bielsa is one bad ass mother fucker. I shall be watching Athletic closely. Hope they hold onto their first 11. The World needs teams like Athletic, Dortmund, Napoli and....Spurs (yep I said it) to remain competitive and build on some solid PROGRESSIVE (tm) foundations. By progressive I also mean proactive fussball.

Team Proactive Ale

Ale

@Super

I think it is hard to fully judge Bielsa on his results with Athletic. If they didn't have their silly basque only policy maybe he could strenthen his side enough to have won one or maybe both finals. Maybe you could argue his approach was not quite right, especially, in the EL final. But I think he's gotten the very best out of those players. Athletic is also a very young team so that is also a factor in their performances in the two finals, I think.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu May 31, 2012 9:09 am

I'm not even moaning about Chelseas CL win anymore because I am tired of it now but it's the fact that Chelsea will continue to spend nearly £100 million of unearned money every year and their blatant disregard for FFP rules that continues to irk me.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:57 pm

RFEF has confirmed that the 2013 Supercopa will be played in China! cheers
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Your happy about this? Suspect

worms.

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Why do we feel the need to cater for a people with no football culture or tradition?I could understand if we changed our kick off times sometimes for people in Latin America and play the odd match there but not for Asia.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote:Why do we feel the need to cater for a people with no football culture or tradition?I could understand if we changed our kick off times sometimes for people in Latin America and play the odd match there but not for Asia.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:32 pm

I know that but we have huge support in South America and we should exploit it more,once we get Neymar we will make lots of money from Brazil with their booming economy and huge population.We will have the best player from both Argentina and Brazil!
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:30 pm

TM wrote:Your happy about this? Suspect

Of course I'm happy, it's great that we can reach out to all the southeast asian glory hunters that worms doesn't like! Biggrin

worms.

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Jaime wrote:
TM wrote:Your happy about this? Suspect

Of course I'm happy, it's great that we can reach out to all the southeast asian glory hunters that worms doesn't like! Biggrin

The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote:Why do we feel the need to cater for a people with no football culture or tradition?I could understand if we changed our kick off times sometimes for people in Latin America and play the odd match there but not for Asia.

Is it not a good thing you are catering for these 'people', it will allow them to develop their own football culture...

Share the love bom

worms.

Post by worms. on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Why is it only east asians we have to cater to? They think the world should revolve around them,they remind me of spoilt children.

If I had it my way I would say if you want to watch Spanish games on T.V then wake up in the middle of the night and if you want to watch them live fly to Spain and watch.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Great news

I'm happy the Spanish league is following the idea's that Perez have been pushing too. Moving games back so Asians can watch and now this.

Playing a league or a Copa final in Asia maybe:?:

We need to get:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 am