La Liga 2012/13 Season Thread

EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: La Liga 2012/13 Season Thread

Post by EMP on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

XI Juanitos wrote:I think Rami and Ruiz both struggled with injuries at different times. Ricrado Costa is awful though. The whole club is in shambles, hopefully a new president will be able to start to turn things around.

This is not simply a problem with the President, although if what I heard while in Valencia about Llorente is true then he is a bigger puta than Soler and Koeman put together!
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Tue May 07, 2013 3:09 am

Relegation battle still raging:

15 Granada 35
16 Zaragoza 33
17 Osasuna 33
18 Deportivo 32
19 Celta 31
20 Mallorca 29

Gonna go down to the last day.
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Post by Balack was Coward on Tue May 07, 2013 3:15 am

Sociedad got beat yesterday as well. Valencia are 2 points behind them.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu May 09, 2013 12:49 pm

I need to bump this so I don't post in the 11/12 thread any more. Biggrin
Balack was Coward

Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 11, 2013 10:57 am

http://espnfc.com/tables/_/league/esp.2/spanish-segunda-division?cc=5739

I really want Villarreal to come back up but they have a tough run in. Here are their remaining fixtures:

http://espnfc.com/team/fixtures/_/league/esp.2/id/102/villarreal?cc=5739

1 easy game vs the bottom side but 4 tough games against 2nd,3rd,5th and 8th in the league. So their chances of catching 2nd up and gaining automatic promotion seem slim. With those fixtures I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip out of the play-off places...
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea

Post by S4P on Sat May 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Marca subheading: "Batió a Diego López en el 22' en un saque de esquina"

They really are c**ts Rolling Eyes

I see they weren't as critical of players tweeting pictures from the bench, with a headline: "El apoyo de los no convocados" Rolling Eyes

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 14, 2013 2:27 am

Big blow for la Real drawing at home 2-2 against Granada. Real Sociedad and Valencia are now even on points. La Real wins the goal average 9-4 so they have the tie breaker if things stay the same. The remaining fixtures for the two are:

Sevilla-Real Sociedad
Real Sociedad-Real Madrid
Deportivo-Real Sociedad

Getafe-Valencia
Valencia-Granada
Sevilla-Valencia

Not really sure if either has the advantage. I hope la Real make the CL because Valencia are just going to sell their best players this summer anyhow whilst la Real will have a real chance to build on their already very good nucleus of players.
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP on Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 am

Jaime wrote:Big blow for la Real drawing at home 2-2 against Granada. Real Sociedad and Valencia are now even on points. La Real wins the goal average 9-4 so they have the tie breaker if things stay the same. The remaining fixtures for the two are:

Sevilla-Real Sociedad
Real Sociedad-Real Madrid
Deportivo-Real Sociedad

Getafe-Valencia
Valencia-Granada
Sevilla-Valencia

Not really sure if either has the advantage. I hope la Real make the CL because Valencia are just going to sell their best players this summer anyhow whilst la Real will have a real chance to build on their already very good nucleus of players.

Now why would you want both Real clubs to be cursed!
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Just seen Roberto Martinez being linked with the Malaga job. Interesting....
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 3:08 pm

If they don't sell all their squad it will be interesting. Not really looking forward to the game tonight as it's a foregone conclusion. In fact I am so confident that it is impossible for Atletico to win that I will delete my account no questions asked and never come back again if they win. THAT is how confident I am they can't win.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Jonah and the Whale wrote:If they don't sell all their squad it will be interesting.

I think it will be more interesting if they do sell their squad - see how he handles a Spanish relegation battle. Biggrin

Not really looking forward to the game tonight as it's a foregone conclusion. In fact I am so confident that it is impossible for Atletico to win that I will delete my account no questions asked and never come back again if they win. THAT is how confident I am they can't win.

I am the opposite. The last time Atletico won was 1999. It has to happen some time. Every meeting I get more and more nervous that it will be the day it finally happens.

Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 3:21 pm

They are epic bottlers against you though, they couldn't even beat your B team at home. Last week they where beating us 1 - 0 and we where down to 10 men and somehow they ended up getting beat. I think they lack some creativity since Diego left last season. They resort to hoof football to much against Madrid and Barca with Costa charging around everywhere like a demented maniac instead of playing their normal game.

If I was Simeone tonight, I would just park the bus the whole game and try to nick a goal on the break. Madrid don't have a clue how to break teams down when they sit deep and don't give your player space to operate.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 pm

RM: Diego López, Essien, Albiol, Sergio Ramos, Coentrao, Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Modric, Özil, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema

ATL: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luis, Gabi, Mario Suárez, Koke, Arda, Diego Costa,Falcao

Pepe in the VIP stand! lol!
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Its understandable Mourinho feels betrayed, throughout his three years at RM he has defended Pepe through he's moments of madness and poor form, only for Pepe to make unnecessary comments in a situation that doesn't involve him.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Nobody doubts that but shouldn't Jose's ego be second to the club? Pepe would give us a better chance to win. But it's not surprising from the guy who claimed Adan was better than Casillas just to make a point.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Fri May 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Jaime wrote:Nobody doubts that but shouldn't Jose's ego be second to the club? Pepe would give us a better chance to win. But it's not surprising from the guy who claimed Adan was better than Casillas just to make a point.

Very much so, but Mourinho knows he's leaving and therefore doesn't give a sh*t quite frankly.

I still don't understand why Mourinho has a problem with Iker Question The 'mole' rumours were never proven, and besides I don't think Iker is someone who would leak stories.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 8:44 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 8:56 pm

TM wrote:
Jaime wrote:Nobody doubts that but shouldn't Jose's ego be second to the club? Pepe would give us a better chance to win. But it's not surprising from the guy who claimed Adan was better than Casillas just to make a point.

Very much so, but Mourinho knows he's leaving and therefore doesn't give a sh*t quite frankly.

No I know, it's just still frustrating. It will be interesting to see Jose and the players reactions if they hold on to win.

I still don't understand why Mourinho has a problem with Iker Question The 'mole' rumours were never proven, and besides I don't think Iker is someone who would leak stories.

He has been paranoid of the Spanish players since day one. It doesn't help that Sarita gave that interview but nothing she said was new information it had all been reported/rumoured in Marca for months.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 8:57 pm

What a ball from Modric, just inches away from Ronaldo. He's really come good in the second half of the season. Modric, that is.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 pm

1-1 Diego Costa. Grr
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Falcao schools Albiol and Khedira before releasing Diego Costa who'd got away from Essien.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Is Benzema playing?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Ozil off the post!
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Fri May 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Jaime wrote:Is Benzema playing?

Also Khedira, I don't see what exactly he is contributing. He looks like a centre back forced to play in midfield.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Cristiano wrote:

Also Khedira, I don't see what exactly he is contributing. He looks like a centre back forced to play in midfield.

lol!
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Look at the blood, sweat and tears Falcao and Diego Costa are leaving out on the pitch there. Amazing mentality from them.

Apart from the brain-fart by Mario Suarez that led to the corner then Godins non existent man marking for the goal Atletico have defended very well.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm

HT Real Madrid 1-1 Atletico

Good match of football so far.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm

typical madrid

when they lead they sit back and wait on counter, then they always concede a goal

serious ronaldo, he adds nothing, only goals
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Cristiano wrote:

Same as always. god I hope Jose takes him to Chelsea.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Fri May 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Jaime wrote:
Cristiano wrote:

Same as always. god I hope Jose takes him to Chelsea.

i hope not, he will hopefully rot on the bench next season, this will increase our chance to win the WC2014

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 am