who will win the euro 2012

Share

Poll

who will win it

[ 4 ]
12% [12%] 
[ 5 ]
15% [15%] 
[ 5 ]
15% [15%] 
[ 2 ]
6% [6%] 
[ 9 ]
27% [27%] 
[ 6 ]
18% [18%] 
[ 2 ]
6% [6%] 

Total Votes: 33
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

who will win the euro 2012

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:53 pm

i am not 100 % convinced, germany concedes to many goals, would we play more german i would say we are the heavy favourites, because our attacking potential is the best

our game is like real madrids gameplan, it looks good against small teams, but when the first real test arrives, you see the limitations (you can`t win a tournament with attacking football)

we give the opponent to much of the ball


i also don`t think that spain will reach the final


but i still vote for germany, maybe löw listens to me Very Happy

avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Oooh, sounds like you're getting nervous on the eve of the tournament Very Happy

I think it will be Germany, actually. Don't see Spain getting another one. France would be my 2nd favourites

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 pm

I voted Germany.I think Russia deserves a mention as well though,they are just as good as England. Smile
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 pm

First of all it is going to be a shite tournament and here's why: Lately (from WC 1990 on) when England participates, the tournament is shite! You know the reasons why.

This Euro will be about parking the bus and no team will park the mofo as shamelessly as England. You know I'm correct again!

Nevertheless, who knows counter attacking football backwards?

Italia! that's why they will win! You heard it here first, just like in WC 2006.

Italia Campioni!!!
avatar
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Pirlo on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Italia have ZERO chance Puro,
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:46 pm

I think it will be Holland. They are ready!
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by fcb on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Yeah, would put my money on Holland right now. They have all the right ingredients and the fewest questions:

- Big game experience (thanks to the WC final)
- Settled lineup yet with a reasonable number of game-changers off the bench
- Experience all over the team
- Cynical defending and ability to shut down games when needed
- Enough individuals who can produce moments (dribble or long range shots) to decide tough games
- Setpiece threat
- Loads of pace and adequate strength


Spain won't win because they just can't, Italy were my picks as of a few weeks ago but seem to be imploding in every possible way, and I tend to agree with the theory that Low's Germany are a bit too attacking to win a major tournament. Can't see them grinding out a 1-0 when needed. England and Portugal will struggle to get out of their groups, and for France it's probably a tournament too early with their inexperienced team.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Jaime on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:09 pm

fcb wrote:Yeah, would put my money on Holland right now. They have all the right ingredients and the fewest questions:

- Big game experience (thanks to the WC final)
- Settled lineup yet with a reasonable number of game-changers off the bench
- Experience all over the team
- Cynical defending and ability to shut down games when needed
- Enough individuals who can produce moments (dribble or long range shots) to decide tough games
- Setpiece threat
- Loads of pace and adequate strength


Spain won't win because they just can't, Italy were my picks as of a few weeks ago but seem to be imploding in every possible way, and I tend to agree with the theory that Low's Germany are a bit too attacking to win a major tournament. Can't see them grinding out a 1-0 when needed. England and Portugal will struggle to get out of their groups, and for France it's probably a tournament too early with their inexperienced team.

This is the one that I am not too sure of personally. They still have Bouma and Boulahrouz in the team ffs! Mathijsen is ok but nothing that great imo.

Plus no Clasie! Or Drenthe for that matter!!! Grr
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by fcb on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:Yeah, would put my money on Holland right now. They have all the right ingredients and the fewest questions:

- Big game experience (thanks to the WC final)
- Settled lineup yet with a reasonable number of game-changers off the bench
- Experience all over the team
- Cynical defending and ability to shut down games when needed
- Enough individuals who can produce moments (dribble or long range shots) to decide tough games
- Setpiece threat
- Loads of pace and adequate strength


Spain won't win because they just can't, Italy were my picks as of a few weeks ago but seem to be imploding in every possible way, and I tend to agree with the theory that Low's Germany are a bit too attacking to win a major tournament. Can't see them grinding out a 1-0 when needed. England and Portugal will struggle to get out of their groups, and for France it's probably a tournament too early with their inexperienced team.

This is the one that I am not too sure of personally. They still have Bouma and Boulahrouz in the team ffs! Mathijsen is ok but nothing that great imo.

Plus no Clasie! Or Drenthe for that matter!!! Grr


When I typed that line, I wasn't thinking about their back 4.




worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:18 pm

This is definitely Hollands last chance to win something with this generation(Van Bommel,Robben,Kuyt,Snieder,VDV,Van Persie etc)and they would deserve it if they win it but their defense looks too weak to me.

13/2 are good odds.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:Yeah, would put my money on Holland right now. They have all the right ingredients and the fewest questions:

- Big game experience (thanks to the WC final)
- Settled lineup yet with a reasonable number of game-changers off the bench
- Experience all over the team
- Cynical defending and ability to shut down games when needed
- Enough individuals who can produce moments (dribble or long range shots) to decide tough games
- Setpiece threat
- Loads of pace and adequate strength


Spain won't win because they just can't, Italy were my picks as of a few weeks ago but seem to be imploding in every possible way, and I tend to agree with the theory that Low's Germany are a bit too attacking to win a major tournament. Can't see them grinding out a 1-0 when needed. England and Portugal will struggle to get out of their groups, and for France it's probably a tournament too early with their inexperienced team.

This is the one that I am not too sure of personally. They still have Bouma and Boulahrouz in the team ffs! Mathijsen is ok but nothing that great imo.

Plus no Clasie! Or Drenthe for that matter!!! Grr

who needs CB's when you have MvB & De jong?
avatar
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Pirlo on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 pm

I hope Russia, Croatia or Ireland win it,

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Own up,who voted England? Smile

Let me guess...MWP,Rosicky and Punty?
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote:Own up,who voted England? Smile

Let me guess...MWP,Rosicky and Punty?

Most likely the usual tiresome anti-English bores being 'funny'
avatar
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Age : 26
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by TM on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 pm

France.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am

Justice for Goldado wrote:Own up,who voted England? Smile

Let me guess...MWP,Rosicky and Punty?

I havent voted. Eitherway, you shouldnt take these polls so seriously.
avatar
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Age : 24
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by The Easter Bunny on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:17 am

debaser wrote:
Justice for Goldado wrote:Own up,who voted England? Smile

Let me guess...MWP,Rosicky and Punty?

Most likely the usual tiresome anti-English bores being 'funny'

Looked in Coral today and England were 9-1 to win ffs Shocked Fucking unbelievable how hyped we are, anyway i've got a feel we might scrap in the 1/4 or 1/2 (if we're lucky) I seriously think people don't understand how much pressure can affect your performance.

Got a feeling Germany,Italy (somehow) or France will win. As I said on another thread it is very hard to predict who will win, there are 6 quality teams who if they click together all stand a chance of winning.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:38 am

The Easter Bunny wrote:
debaser wrote:
Justice for Goldado wrote:Own up,who voted England? Smile

Let me guess...MWP,Rosicky and Punty?

Most likely the usual tiresome anti-English bores being 'funny'

Looked in Coral today and England were 9-1 to win ffs Shocked Fucking unbelievable how hyped we are, anyway i've got a feel we might scrap in the 1/4 or 1/2 (if we're lucky) I seriously think people don't understand how much pressure can affect your performance.

Got a feeling Germany,Italy (somehow) or France will win. As I said on another thread it is very hard to predict who will win, there are 6 quality teams who if they click together all stand a chance of winning.

England always has much too short odds. The odds are only a reflection of where people are putting their money & some people always bet on England out of hope/stupidity..Really the hype this time round is almost non-existent compared to previous tournaments
avatar
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Age : 107
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 am

Italy - ask me a year ago and I was convinced they would win but I can't see it, they look in turmoil. They will suffer for Lippi's 2010 selections.


France - 2nd favourites for me.

Spain - you're not going to win 3 in a row and you won't even win one without Puyol and Villa.

Germany - reputation is based on 2 games v England and Argentina when their opponents conceded in 1st 20 mins to basic route 1 goals, thereby giving Germany the counter attack. Look forward to seeing them against a team that can defend properly. Massive hype surroundin this lot but Germany hasn't had a good defender in ages now and Gomez is so wasteful

England - could suprise a few, Hodgson's tactics are ugly but also best chance of success. As soon as they concede 1st teh game is up and the pairing in CM is a big worry with their tackling.

Russia - potential dark horse if Kerzhakov and Shirokov can carry outstanding form into the tournament. Defence too slow and poor, though talented on the ball, to win tournament.


Which leaves...



Nederland cheers

Congrats Fey <Ale>
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Fade out on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 am

Germany hasn't had a good defender in ages now
But Nederland do? Laughing
Hummels/Mertesacker/Badstuber/Howedes/Boateng Ale

and Gomez is so wasteful
RVP never even gets Kloser to the goal.. Hunter OTOH would make them favs..
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Fade out on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:05 am

Poland more likely to win than France..
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:32 am

debaser wrote:Oooh, sounds like you're getting nervous on the eve of the tournament Very Happy

I think it will be Germany, actually. Don't see Spain getting another one. France would be my 2nd favourites

no, i am just more realistic, do you remember my world domination phase with the 2008 team lol!

spain, france and italy, all of them can knock us out, the hell, even england with there shitty style Very Happy

portugal or holland, here i have a good feeling, they don`t know how to defend
avatar
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Age : 45
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Axeslammer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:21 am

Kroos wrote:
portugal or holland, here i have a good feeling, they don`t know how to defend

Portugal doesn't know how to defend ?! scratch

I think you were thinking of Germany when you wrote that...

That we can't defend is too obvious to mention Embarassed
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 am

Kroos wrote:
debaser wrote:Oooh, sounds like you're getting nervous on the eve of the tournament Very Happy

I think it will be Germany, actually. Don't see Spain getting another one. France would be my 2nd favourites

no, i am just more realistic, do you remember my world domination phase with the 2008 team lol!

I didn't realise your world domination phase had ended Laughing
avatar
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Age : 45
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Axeslammer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 am

Germany are the top dogs, but have four things going against them :

1) they are top dogs and think they've already won the tournament
2) they can't defend
3) extremely tough group, means they have to peak too early
4) the Bayern fiasco has made them vulnerable in the shoot-out department

...so they might not make it.

Spain and Holland look second best contenders, but both are strugling with their squad (and points 2 and 3 also apply extra strongly for Holland)....doesn't look like it's their year.

I'm going for a surprise Russia win.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:08 am

Underwhelming outsiders going into the tournament led by a greying old manager adopting a tactically defensive approach, representing a nation about to host the summers Olympics and looking to try and win the Euros for the first time. That was Greece in 2004. Sound familiar?
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:13 am

Fade out wrote:
Germany hasn't had a good defender in ages now
But Nederland do? Laughing
Hummels/Mertesacker/Badstuber/Howedes/Boateng Ale

and Gomez is so wasteful
RVP never even gets Kloser to the goal.. Hunter OTOH would make them favs..

whats ronaldo then?

thats simply not true

gomez is the most clinical striker on planet, ronaldo needs penaltys and 3 times as many shots as gomez
avatar
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Age : 45
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Axeslammer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:36 am

Kroos wrote:
gomez is the most clinical striker on planet

and I am Napoleon Ale
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by S4P on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:37 am

I'm not convinced that Spain will win the Euros either but I'm surprised at how many people seem to be writing them off. The problem opponents will have against Spain is not so much coping with their forwards, but actually scoring against them. They have shown in the past that they are more than capable of 1-0'ing their way through a tournament and their midfield is crucially still the same as it was at the World Cup. Even if Torres still looks completely out of form, Llorente, Negredo, Silva, Iniesta, Pedro and Fabregas are more than capable of scoring in high profile matches.

If they score first, expect them to suck the life out of the game as they did in the KO stages of the World Cup. The interesting thing will be if they go behind. Will they be able to break down the defensive wall?
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 am

Axeslammer wrote:
Kroos wrote:
gomez is the most clinical striker on planet

and I am Napoleon Ale

gomez had 100 shots on target (in die bundesliga), ronaldo 280 (laliga), and ronaldo takes every penalty

gomez scored 12 goals in the CL, no penalty, ronaldo 10 (and i bet at least 3 of them where penaltys)


would gomez play for an counter attacking team, and would take every pen, he would outscore messi and ronaldo cheers


Sponsored content

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:06 am