Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: who will win the euro 2012

Post by Axeslammer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Kroos wrote:
would gomez play for an counter attacking team, and would take every pen, he would outscore messi and ronaldo cheers

No he wouldn't.

Gomez isn't even topscorer in Die Bundesliga, while playing for a dominating Bayern...
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
Kroos wrote:
would gomez play for an counter attacking team, and would take every pen, he would outscore messi and ronaldo cheers

No he wouldn't.

Gomez isn't even topscorer in Die Bundesliga, while playing for a dominating Bayern...

dominant bayern which where in serious crisis for 3 months, and also the domination is not helpful to get some space for our attacking players

every bundesliga club defends the shit out of them Bubbly
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Kroos wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Kroos wrote:

No he wouldn't.

dominant bayern which where in serious crisis for 3 months, and also the domination is not helpful to get some space for our attacking players

Even a blind horse knows Gomez and clinical don't go together Ale

Using your very own stats :

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/clubs/fc-bayern-muenchen/index.php

Gomez had 101 shots on goal, scoring 26 goals

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/clubs/fc-schalke-04/index.php

Huntelaar had 92 shots on goal, scoring 29 goals

How does that make Gomez the most clinical striker on the planet ?!
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
Kroos wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Kroos wrote:

No he wouldn't.

Even a blind horse knows Gomez and clinical don't go together Ale

Using your very own stats :

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/clubs/fc-bayern-muenchen/index.php

Gomez had 101 shots on goal, scoring 26 goals

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/clubs/fc-schalke-04/index.php

Huntelaar had 92 shots on goal, scoring 29 goals

schalke is not a top club, against us every team defends

you can only be a top player in a top club, and the hunter never made in a top club

also the CL stats speak for gomez
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Kroos wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:

you can only be a top player in a top club, and the hunter never made in a top club

Translation : Axe you're right, Gomez is for sure *not* the most clinical striker on the planet.

Thanks for clearing that up Ale
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
Kroos wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:

Translation : Axe you're right, Gomez is for sure *not* the most clinical striker on the planet.

Thanks for clearing that up Ale

what ever sunny

for me theres a big difference to make an impact at a top club or a small club
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Gomez is no Jurgen Klinsmann Ale

Kroos, Gomez is a very good striker, but he's not World Class. I think most Germans and Bayern fans - if they were able to step back and be honest with themselves - would agree.

Gomez has the physique and technique to be a German Drogba, but he just isn't. He doesn't dominate physically as much as he could, he can looks very slow when turning and he seems to buckle under pressure, just like he did at euro 2008, just like he did in the CL final.

I hope he has a good tournament this time around, because with a support cast of Goetze, Ozil, Schweini, Reus/Schurle/Podolski/Kroos, he should have so many chances created for him. I've never said this EVER before in my life at a tournament, but if England don't win it (which is extremely likely) then I hope ze Germans do. I hope Gomez proves me wrong, but I see him as the weak link in Germany's attack
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Gomez is no Jurgen Klinsmann Ale

Kroos, Gomez is a very good striker, but he's not World Class. I think most Germans and Bayern fans - if they were able to step back and be honest with themselves - would agree.

Gomez has the physique and technique to be a German Drogba, but he just isn't. He doesn't dominate physically as much as he could, he can looks very slow when turning and he seems to buckle under pressure, just like he did at euro 2008, just like he did in the CL final.

I hope he has a good tournament this time around, because with a support cast of Goetze, Ozil, Schweini, Reus/Schurle/Podolski/Kroos, he should have so many chances created for him. I've never said this EVER before in my life at a tournament, but if England don't win it (which is extremely likely) then I hope ze Germans do. I hope Gomez proves me wrong, but I see him as the weak link in Germany's attack

he was 22 years old at the euro2008, for this you really can`t blame him for the rest of his life

gomez did very good in the final, would he have scored 1 goal no one would question his quality AGAIN, gomez is a type, he has to score, otherwise hes shit, i think he has to live with this situation

gomez is a lone striker, in a team which dominates possession, this means mostly zero space in the box, his movement and presence in the box is world class, and he is a very good counter player, he showed it against real madrid, unfortunately there is no team in the bundesliga which tries to play footy with us, would be helpful for counters

Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
Supports : Man City
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Although i think Germnay and Spain look very strong i just have a feeling about France, 21 games unbeaten including wins over Brazil, Germany and England. They have a very new look squad from the last world cup and it looks fresh and has plenty of quality. They are defo the best value with the bookies at 11/1 and i think they could spring a surpise, ive got a few quid on them e/w.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:
Although i think Germnay and Spain look very strong i just have a feeling about France, 21 games unbeaten including wins over Brazil, Germany and England. They have a very new look squad from the last world cup and it looks fresh and has plenty of quality. They are defo the best value with the bookies at 11/1 and i think they could spring a surpise, ive got a few quid on them e/w.

The problem with France is that assuming they get out of the group, they would immediately face (most likely) Spain or Italy. At that point anything can happen in a one off game, but for sure it would be nicer to be facing the top 2 from Group A rather than Group C. By my reckoning for France to win it, they would have to finish top, beat Italy in the quarters, Germany in the semis and Spain in the final.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 pm

110% wrote:
Sgoater1 wrote:

The problem with France is that assuming they get out of the group, they would immediately face (most likely) Spain or Italy. At that point anything can happen in a one off game, but for sure it would be nicer to be facing the top 2 from Group A rather than Group C. By my reckoning for France to win it, they would have to finish top, beat Italy in the quarters, Germany in the semis and Spain in the final.

A lot of assumptions there. I think France could upset Spain if they got them in the QF, for example. Semis could be Dutch/Portugal/Germany/surprise from Group A, all depending on who finishes where..

110%

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:23 pm

debaser wrote:
110% wrote:
Sgoater1 wrote:

A lot of assumptions there. I think France could upset Spain if they got them in the QF, for example. Semis could be Dutch/Portugal/Germany/surprise from Group A, all depending on who finishes where..

Of course, there are assumptions and I am not saying they cannot do it. However you would rather face the top 2 in Group A than Group C. Anyway whichever teams does it will have to have beaten the top teams along the way, this is not the copa america after all

DD

Number of posts : 10721
Supports : NEC

Post by DD on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:33 pm

We have the shittest defense. of. all. time.
Even without this joke of a defense, the entire team/squad is arguably the worst since I've been alive.

It says quite a lot about current international football (or European in this case) that this side is still considered as one of favourites. This Oranje isn't the free-flowing, chance-creating, goal-scoring machine that the other sides have been in the past. Did I mention the defense is shit?

Am not saying it's beyond them to win the EC, but it would be very ironic that the worst side would win it - I consider this one worse in potential than the side which didn't even qualify for WC02. They're not even a team.

However, it could be worse. We're not imploding like Italy yet. Or internally fighting like the Barca vs Madrid boys.

I dunno... I'll take the compliment though. Ale

And I'll be watching the Germany match of course. Twisted Evil No

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:44 pm

110% wrote:
debaser wrote:
110% wrote:
Sgoater1 wrote:

Of course, there are assumptions and I am not saying they cannot do it. However you would rather face the top 2 in Group A than Group C. Anyway whichever teams does it will have to have beaten the top teams along the way, this is not the copa america after all

We didn't have to beat Argentina in their own back yard did we? Erm
Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:10 pm

110% wrote:
Sgoater1 wrote:

Both of you are kinda correct, France are the dark horses for me. Could see them in for a suprise.

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Holland to win? Lawl. Worst defense in the world! No dominant midfielder like Clasie. Losers like VDV, Robben. Ego's like Midget. Frustrated rabbits like Huntelaar. It all depends on RVP. And considering he couldnt win it for Arsenal....

No, at first sight it appears to be a Game of Germans this summer. However, I wouldnt rule out Spain. Had to read here that Puyol aint going, but they could be back to back winners. And be the best international team of all time. They still have enough quality for that.

England looks dangerous. Italy..not sure, however they remain to have that Juve backline. France are literally dark horses haha. Poland have home advantage. Russia is killing on the counter. Portugal looks balanced. Basically almost everyone can win it, it's the Euros after all.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm going for one of France,Holland, Portugal in that order. I don't know what Italy is up to so don't know how to judge them really. I don't believe in Spain and not Germany either. If Italy's defence continues to look crap then it is England as my outsider.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 pm

EVERYONE BUT ME BELIEVES IN FRANCE. :d
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Fade out wrote:EVERYONE BUT ME BELIEVES IN FRANCE. :d

Ahem.
TM wrote:France.
Very Happy
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 pm

france has malouda in midfield

says it all Erm
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Kroos wrote:france has malouda in midfield

says it all Erm

He's a CL winner ffs ... Wink

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Super defensive wrote:I'm going for one of France,Holland, Portugal in that order. I don't know what Italy is up to so don't know how to judge them really. I don't believe in Spain and not Germany either. If Italy's defence continues to look crap then it is England as my outsider.

Portugal have absolutely no chance.They are shite now.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:45 pm

if france and holland had a better defense and two really dominant pivots, I would put money on them. i mean even without puyol spain still look to have the best defense on paper.

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 am

Everyone has and explained all the teams in depth to great detail.

My team to win in order is Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, of the 5 teams I would like France to win they may not be quite as pretty as Germany to watch but with all their faults the team moves nicely and have a solid one for all and all one approach, it makes them look like a seasoned football team

Game flow trumps all and Spain just have the upper hand on the french. Germany may have the youngest side with lots of creativity, the coach needs to come up with another game changing plan until then 2nd 3rd and 4th will have to do.

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 am

Quarter finals onwards

Poland Vs Holland
Russia Vs Germany
Spain Vs Sweden
Italy Vs France

Semi's

Poland VS France
Spain Vs German

Final

France Vs Spain

Winner

Spain
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 am

Czech Republic v Holland
Germany v Russia
Spain v England
France v Italy

Holland v Spain
Germany v France

Spain v France

worms.

Post by worms. on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 am

Last time I predicted us against Holland in the final and I was right,that was before the tournament started,everyone laughed at me and were saying Holland had no chance against Brazil but I was right.

My guess at this years final is Holland vs Germany because Del Bosques a stubborn conte and his boring unnecessary double pivot won't be able to scrape out 1 nil wins again without Puyol and Villa + his insistence on playing a striker who is finished.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 am

messiah wrote:if france and holland had a better defense and two really dominant pivots, I would put money on them. i mean even without puyol spain still look to have the best defense on paper.

MvB & De Jong?

110%

Post by 110% on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

I put the following in my office sweepstake

Russia v Holland
Germany v Poland
Spain v England
France v Italy

Holland v Spain
Germany v France

Spain v Germany

Germany winning in the final

worms.

Post by worms. on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Man it must be depressing working in a office,especially in the summer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:22 am