June 15
17.00 Sweden - England (Kiev)
19.45 Ukraine - France (Donetsk)

June 19
19.45 England - Ukraine (Donetsk)
19.45 Sweden - France (Kiev)

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: EURO 2012 Group D

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Sweeden are 66/1 to win the Euros.Worth a cheeky little bet imo,they won 8 of thier 10 qualifying games.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Rio pledges support to England:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18325005

He will be in the minority as the rest of England will be supporting Spain, Germany or Holland Wink, or in worms's case all three Razz

110%

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:48 pm

One positive for England is that Mexes and Evra are still favourites to start and are unlikely to fuck it up tonight against Estonia

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 am

Well Mexes and Rami didn't too well, so I guess Blanc will make some changes. Evra was so-so, therefore putting Kosnie and Clichy seems less riskier.

110%

Post by 110% on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:25 am

Alive and Kicking wrote:Well Mexes and Rami didn't too well, so I guess Blanc will make some changes. Evra was so-so, therefore putting Kosnie and Clichy seems less riskier.

I am pretty sure pierre, bobo and worms will tell you that Mexes was the best player on the pitch, and the rest of England is hoping that Blanc has the same blinkered view.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 am

Well I wouldn't since I didn't watch the game.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:50 am

Mexes made a couple of silly errors, but he's still their best defender. No point breaking up a CB partnership that has gone 21 games unbeaten and making knee jerk reactions to a friendly match.

110%

Post by 110% on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:07 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Mexes made a couple of silly errors, but he's still their best defender. No point breaking up a CB partnership that has gone 21 games unbeaten and making knee jerk reactions to a friendly match.

I knew we could rely on you, but can we rely on blanc? <Ale>

wassberg

Number of posts : 139
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Ibra, Inzaghi, Dzagoev

Post by wassberg on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 am

Having watched Sweden in the friendlies I must say that we are crap. Except for Zlatan we don't have any great personalities any more. France looks unbeatable in this group. For the second spot I believe it's a tossup.

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Mexes made a couple of silly errors, but he's still their best defender. No point breaking up a CB partnership that has gone 21 games unbeaten and making knee jerk reactions to a friendly match.

What partnership are you talking about, because Mexes-Rami's partnership is rather new. Before Blanc tried Kaboul, Shako, Abidal in CD.. and it was pretty OK but not amazing. With Mexes/Rami/Koscie it seems much better. They are the three most experienced players in this area. The rest Kaboul, Shako aren't good enough.
A shame Abidal is not here because I have a feeling Blanc will put Evra.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 am

The England team visited an orphanage in Poland today. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Igor, aged 6.
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 am

See you at noon (my time) mes amis! Let us indulge with plenty of laughter. Biggrin <Ale>
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:21 am

See you later Puro. Whatever happens tonight, we can all take comfort from the fact that Titans of the World Game are currently bottom of the South American qualifying group.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:06 am

Read a stat earlier that Downing created the most chances (about 55) that were not taken in the Premier League..anyone know if that's true?
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:23 am

Good thing all the favourite teams playing each other either on md1 or md2 already in these euros, so no early decisions in each group!

Very interested to see this game tonight, don't care for the winner but hope for an entertaining match.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:39 am

I've enjoyed England being unbeaten so far in the tournament. Shame about the upcoming kick off tonight.

Not expecting much. Even with a fully fit team the French would probably be too strong. Without Wilshere, Rooney, Cahill, on form Lampard I see it being 2 nil to the French.

Whilst losing would be a blow to group qualification chances, it wouldnt be terminal.as long as France beat Sweden and Ukraine. From there its whoever picks up most points in their other 2 games, which England are capable of doing.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 am

Disco Benny wrote:I've enjoyed England being unbeaten so far in the tournament. Shame about the upcoming kick off tonight.

Not expecting much. Even with a fully fit team the French would probably be too strong. Without Wilshere, Rooney, Cahill, on form Lampard I see it being 2 nil to the French.

Whilst losing would be a blow to group qualification chances, it wouldnt be terminal.as long as France beat Sweden and Ukraine. From there its whoever picks up most points in their other 2 games, which England are capable of doing.

To be fair, apart from Rooney, England don't really miss the other three. Lampard & Gerrard together just don't work, Cahill & Wilshere are probably not even starters for England when fit. (I know people here rate Wilshere very highly, but he has got just 5 England caps... How can you miss him so much when he has hardly played for you?).

Rooney is a big, big miss. Specially coz I don't rate Welbeck as much as most people here. IMO Carroll should start over him, with 2 proper wingers, including Ox - who is an awesome talent.

And don't worry, the French are very over rated here - mostly due to their unbeaten run... but they have got a very young squad, have little experience. England can beat them.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:02 am

Disco Benny wrote:I've enjoyed England being unbeaten so far in the tournament. Shame about the upcoming kick off tonight.

Even if France are called the dark horses and are unbeaten for quiet some time you shouldn't overestimate them. They had their troubles in qualification. Hope they finish second and Spain will face them in the quarters for a real test for both teams.

Expect a draw this evening.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 am

Don't see why England fans are so defeatist on here. France are good, but it is not like you're facing Germany or Spain.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:00 am

bluenine wrote:

To be fair, apart from Rooney, England don't really miss the other three. Lampard & Gerrard together just don't work, Cahill & Wilshere are probably not even starters for England when fit. (I know people here rate Wilshere very highly, but he has got just 5 England caps... How can you miss him so much when he has hardly played for you?).

Rooney is a big, big miss. Specially coz I don't rate Welbeck as much as most people here. IMO Carroll should start over him, with 2 proper wingers, including Ox - who is an awesome talent.

And don't worry, the French are very over rated here - mostly due to their unbeaten run... but they have got a very young squad, have little experience. England can beat them.

Cahill would have started for England - a back 3 of Cole, Terry and Cahill carried over from Chelsea would have been extremely useful. Granted, Chelsea rode their luck at times with opposition missing chances on their way to the CL final, but generally that unit has been very solid this season.

Wilshere is a true ball retainer, something we all know is lacking in the English midfield. I'm sure if he hadn't got injured he would be starting for England this summer, and making a big difference given the games he played in for England he was the fulcrum of the English midfield. A Pirlo-type deep lying playmaker if you will. I could see Woy playing him alongside Gerrard.

debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:09 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Don't see why England fans are so defeatist on here.

Defence mechanism. International football = pain. Pain = worse if you have hope.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Don't see why England fans are so defeatist on here. France are good, but it is not like you're facing Germany or Spain.

We have a terrible record against France. Worse than against Spain. Worse than Germany.

christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:22 am

debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Don't see why England fans are so defeatist on here.

Defence mechanism. International football = pain. Pain = worse if you have hope.

ok Fuck hope.
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 am

But i thought everyone on here was constantly bigging up Ingerlund saying how ww are going to dominate world football and that the EPL is the greatest ever league?

I am confounded ye contes Ale
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:37 am

bluenine wrote:

Because he can pass the ball. Its fairly fundamental.
He would also certainly be a starter.

I'm still uncertain why people even consider that Carrol should start in front of Welbeck. Even if you don't rate Welbeck as much as others, all Carrol offers over Welbeck is a stronger threat in the air, but if you can't control the ball in your passes/knock ons, its rendered fairly useless.

Apart from that, and attacking headers - although how many of those has Carrol scored this year, Welbeck is far superior in every other aspect of his game.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 am

Disco Benny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Cahill would have started for England - a back 3 of Cole, Terry and Cahill carried over from Chelsea would have been extremely useful. Granted, Chelsea rode their luck at times with opposition missing chances on their way to the CL final, but generally that unit has been very solid this season.

Wilshere is a true ball retainer, something we all know is lacking in the English midfield. I'm sure if he hadn't got injured he would be starting for England this summer, and making a big difference given the games he played in for England he was the fulcrum of the English midfield. A Pirlo-type deep lying playmaker if you will. I could see Woy playing him alongside Gerrard.

OMG YOU JUST SAID WILSHERE IS AS GOOD AS PIRLO. DELUDED DPL SUPPORTER.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Mller, Gtze, Neuer, Gndogan

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Hlebagone wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

LOL i know that i suck in english, BUT the feck, i don`t see an as good as pirlo comment

or was this for worms Very Happy
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

For me Wilshere is without a doubt the biggest miss for England. They don't have anybody with the qualities he has. He is a good passer but also confident receiving the ball even in tough situations. But added to that he surprisingly good defensive and a real fighter too.

It's a real shame he didn't make it the squad. I'm quite hopeful for England after this cup with the players they have coming up. It seems like a much more balanced side and with players that have less hype around them. I gues we really see that side in 2014. First time since 2002 that an England has had any real interest to me.

I want France to go far but I want England in this as well so I don't know who to cheer for really.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Hlebagone wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Laughing Naturally, I meant Wilshere's positional role, not specifically his execution. But then, you already knew that, but habit dictates one has to be very clear in these situations given the inevitable encircling pedants Ale

Whilst I much prefer the situation where we can watch England without any particularly burdening expectations, the ABE's (Anyone But England - namely the rest of UK, most of Europe and Peru) will still find a reason to belittle the English stance, whether we're hyping up or downplaying our chances. It's already been evident on websites, phone lines and IN REAL LIFE: the Scots at my work are criticising England for displaying (realistic) pessimism. It's a catch 22.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am