EURO 2012 Group D

Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: EURO 2012 Group D

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Good morning mes amis! Hugs to everyone and kisses to the ladies. <Ale>

"It's just another manic Monday, I wish it was Sunday..."

No no no! I'm happy it's Monday for it is today the team of the Freemasons vs the team of the Khazars! cheers

"Ba-da ba-da-da-da Ba-da ba-da-da-da Ba-daba-da-da-da Monday Monday ba-da ba-da ba-da so good to me..."

There's more CA$H to be made. <Ale>
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:50 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/10/france-coach-laurent-blanc-cleared

According to Blanc, Spain is being so succesful cause they dont have any black players!

The presumed undertone of the leaked football officials' meeting – that black players were bulky and athletic while white players used their brains – left a bitter taste.

Embarassed
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm

The Ox isnt Englands saviour, but at least Woy isnt starting Downing so kudos to him there.

Hopefully it will be Walcott replaying the Ox when he comes off. Dont expect big things of him, it wont happen Ale
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Nobody is claiming Ox is England's saviour but he's the best option outwide at the moment.
Rosicky

Post by Rosicky on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 pm

I would honestly start Walcott over the Ox any day of the week.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Nobody is claiming Ox is England's saviour but he's the best option outwide at the moment.

Nah. He's inexperienced as fuck. The game will be a step too big for him at the moment.
wassberg

Number of posts : 139
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Ibra, Inzaghi, Dzagoev

Post by wassberg on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Well, it's time for Sweden to make their debut in the tournament. It is hard to predict how well the team will do in this tournament. The team of Lagerbäck, dependable but somewhat lacklustre, has become somewhat more adventurous under Hamren. So there is greater upside potential but also greater downside risk. Here are four things going for Sweden:

1: We have Zlatan. Arguably among the world's 5 best strikers right now. A man that could settle a game wholly on his own. Right now he is in the form of his life.
2: We have the coolest paraphernalia. The viking helmet, the Pippi Longstocking hair and the moose horn cap are simple but effective gear that any fan can use. Right now there are 12 000 Swedish fans in Kiev. The city has given them a whole island for themselves, turned into "Camp Sweden", in the middle of the Dnepr river. There they are preparing to conquer Kiev (Könugard) as once their forefathers did.
3: We won the Eurovision song contest. Things could thus turn out as they did in 1991, when Carola and the Swedish national hockey team won a double.
4. There is probably not much to do about France, but Ukraine and England could be as unpredictable as the Swedish team.

Cheers! rendeer
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Luis wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:Nobody is claiming Ox is England's saviour but he's the best option outwide at the moment.

Nah. He's inexperienced as fuck. The game will be a step too big for him at the moment.

Who gives a shit. He's better than Downing. It's not like he hasn't played in high pressure games this season either. I can't deny that experience is important but sometimes people go on like it's the most important thing. He's amongst many experience pros. It'd be different if you were fielding a team of youth players.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
Luis wrote:

Who gives a shit. He's better than Downing. It's not like he hasn't played in high pressure games this season either. I can't deny that experience is important but sometimes people go on like it's the most important thing. He's amongst many experience pros. It'd be different if you were fielding a team of youth players.

It's not the most important but to start a player who's just come out of nappies in a major tournament against France, especially when Hodgson tells his players not to cut inside as it's 'not realistic' will be very difficult for him. But hey, it's a little bit of threat. England just have to hope for a draw really.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:08 pm

wassberg wrote:Well, it's time for Sweden to make their debut in the tournament. It is hard to predict how well the team will do in this tournament. The team of Lagerbäck, dependable but somewhat lacklustre, has become somewhat more adventurous under Hamren. So there is greater upside potential but also greater downside risk. Here are four things going for Sweden:

1: We have Zlatan. Arguably among the world's 5 best strikers right now. A man that could settle a game wholly on his own. Right now he is in the form of his life.
2: We have the coolest paraphernalia. The viking helmet, the Pippi Longstocking hair and the moose horn cap are simple but effective gear that any fan can use. Right now there are 12 000 Swedish fans in Kiev. The city has given them a whole island for themselves, turned into "Camp Sweden", in the middle of the Dnepr river. There they are preparing to conquer Kiev (Könugard) as once their forefathers did.
3: We won the Eurovision song contest. Things could thus turn out as they did in 1991, when Carola and the Swedish national hockey team won a double.
4. There is probably not much to do about France, but Ukraine and England could be as unpredictable as the Swedish team.

Cheers! rendeer

One of the easiest teams to read for me personally. Sweden will park their bus (like always) and try to surprise with a swift counter attack. Bunch of unimaginative, uncreative, dull, coward and insipid players. It's not your fault, I know. You have always looked up to the team of the Khazars, and have taken a page right out of their parasitic game. <Ale>

Dull and boring 0-0 draw against Ukraine (another parasitic team! FFS!)
Dull and boring 0-0 draw against England (FFS!)
Lick your wounds against France.

That's Sweden in this Euro 2012. Boring ass team! TFS! <Ale>
wassberg

Number of posts : 139
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Ibra, Inzaghi, Dzagoev

Post by wassberg on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:20 pm

I think you're wrong. I predict four goals tonight which could go either way. By the way, England games are always entertaining.

Last edited by wassberg on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:20 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
wassberg wrote:Well, it's time for Sweden to make their debut in the tournament. It is hard to predict how well the team will do in this tournament. The team of Lagerbäck, dependable but somewhat lacklustre, has become somewhat more adventurous under Hamren. So there is greater upside potential but also greater downside risk. Here are four things going for Sweden:

Cheers! rendeer

One of the easiest teams to read for me personally. Sweden will park their bus (like always) and try to surprise with a swift counter attack. Bunch of unimaginative, uncreative, dull, coward and insipid players. It's not your fault, I know. You have always looked up to the team of the Khazars, and have taken a page right out of their parasitic game. <Ale>

Dull and boring 0-0 draw against Ukraine (another parasitic team! FFS!)
Dull and boring 0-0 draw against England (FFS!)
Lick your wounds against France.

That's Sweden in this Euro 2012. Boring ass team! TFS! <Ale>

I agree for once with you, Sweden are indeed shite and usually quite boring to watch!

If only Guidetti was here Sad Now it's that fucking Hysen!

Hope Iarmolenko will show something today!
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:25 pm

wassberg wrote:I think you're wrong. I predict four goals tonight which could go either way. By the way, England games are always entertaining.

Four goals perhaps if they play five games, that's four total goals in five games played between Sweden and Ukraine.

I agree with you that England games are always entertaining. Biggrin <Ale>
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:25 pm

You had me at Zlatan Smile

Sweden are my bet as the dark horse, I had put in a £10 punt at 70-1. This Sweden team has the right mix of experience and talent to cause a few shocks. They are in the right group as well, with an over rated, young France and an English team in severe self doubt.

I have a feeling that Sweden will make it out of this group, but for that, you will need to win today. A draw will probably not work.

Cheers! rendeer
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Fey wrote:
I agree for once with you, Sweden are indeed shite and usually quite boring to watch!

If the Swedes had watched Uruguay vs Perú last night they would've swore they saw the second coming of Christ or a revelation. WHAT A GAME! FFS! <Ale>
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:34 pm

bluenine wrote:
Hlebagone wrote:Given the option between having this season Terry's in the starting XI and Wilshere in the starting XI, its not even a contest.

On footballing reasons alone, Terry has been average this season, and we have competent defenders to take his place. The same cannot be said of the midfielders in Wilshere's position. Regardless of potential, Wilshere's performances in central midfield were the best I've seen from an England player in the past 10 years, Scholes excluded.

Balotelli only has 9 caps for Italy, yet he's your starting striker, and clearly a fundamental part of your plans. The number of caps is a poor argument to use - even the best players start off with a low amount of caps.

With regards to how much we miss him, maybe not that much. We'd still have a low amount of possession, and be a relatively poor team, but he would clearly strengthen the team considerable.

Italy is a different case, almost the entire team is in transition and new. But I wouldn't call Balotelli a "big" miss if he were injured. Cassano, Pirlo, Buffon and perhaps Chiellini & De Rossi are Italy's key players and they would be big misses, not Balotelli.

Terry may have been average this season (and you can check my history of posts, I actually don't rate him highly), but he did have a hand in Chelsea's CL run and has the experience which England's defence needs, specially in the absence of Rio. So I guess our opinion differs on this, IMO England would miss Rooney, Terry, Cole, Hart - all these players more than they miss Wilshere. Specially considering Wilshere's lack of experience, and the relatively untested "concept" that he could actually help England. There is a difference between the "concept" and what happens in "reality", which is the point I am trying to make.

It's not a concept. Wilshere would have started, and been a useful player. That's all there is to it.

And as for Terr, if he wasn't there, Rio would have played, so hardly a great loss.

Cole, Hart and Rooney - reasonable. So that makes him at least our 4th most important player. Which on the importance scale, makes him fairly important, if not very.
Murray

Number of posts : 10206

Post by Murray on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 pm

The 1st comment on this blog could have been written by Puro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2012/06/huge_pressure_on_hosts_brazil.html#more
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Fey wrote:I agree for once with you, Sweden are indeed shite and usually quite boring to watch!

The likes of Ekdal & Guidetti can wait, their time will come. Now is the time of The Zlatan.

Btw, I have heard a lot about Toivonen, apparently Inter are keen. How good is he? I hope he is not another Arnautovic or Castaignos Razz
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:37 pm

I expect to see ultra conservative Sweden like this.

------------------------------------Isaksson------------------------------
Lustig------------------Mellberg---------------Granqvist-------------Olsson
Larsson----------------Kallstrom---------------Svensson---------------Elm
------------------------------------Ibra----------------------------------
-----------------------------------Toyvonen----------------------------------

Sweden are so up the team of the Khazar's ass, that they copy their set up. Gone is the 4-4-2 so now is 4-4-1-1 just like the team of the Khazars. "Let's get ready to park the bus, nick a goal on the counter and pray to hang on for dear life."

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Fey wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/10/france-coach-laurent-blanc-cleared

According to Blanc, Spain is being so succesful cause they dont have any black players!

The presumed undertone of the leaked football officials' meeting – that black players were bulky and athletic while white players used their brains – left a bitter taste.

Embarassed

<Ale> The days of Makele are over and the days of Busquets are here. Biggrin God bless progress. <Ale>
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:44 pm

`arry is deluded, his like me in 2008, he really believes it

We’ve got the best back five in Europe – that’s why we can win this tournament
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm

If I am Laurent Blanc, I embarrass the shite out of the team of the Khazars for the whole wide world to witness. I would give them a shock and fuck with their very fragile mentality from the get go. Here's how:

Everyone knows that England plays pussy football, but now a huge live audience will be watching at the same time. If I'm Blanc, I instruct my players to gift possession to the pussy footballers for a while.

You know, invite them to come out of their shells, entice them to push forward. Do that for a few minutes and see if they come out with ball on the ground or lump the shite to Carroll route one shite.

The pressure will be great, they will be exposed to the world wide TV audience. If they don't come out to play, they will hear the boos even from the Televisions across the world. If they come out to play, they are fucked!

That's what I would do if I'm Laurent Blanc. Give them the ball for a few minutes Laurent, let the parasites come out, don't give them anything. <Ale>
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 pm

PuroReturns wrote:If I am Laurent Blanc, I embarrass the shite out of the team of the Khazars for the whole wide world to witness. I would give them a shock and fuck with their very fragile mentality from the get go. Here's how:

Everyone knows that England plays pussy football, but now a huge live audience will be watching at the same time. If I'm Blanc, I instruct my players to gift possession to the pussy footballers for a while.

You know, invite them to come out of their shells, entice them to push forward. Do that for a few minutes and see if they come out with ball on the ground or lump the shite to Carroll route one shite.

The pressure will be great, they will be exposed to the world wide TV audience. If they don't come out to play, they will hear the boos even from the Televisions across the world. If they come out to play, they are fucked!

That's what I would do if I'm Laurent Blanc. Give them the ball for a few minutes Laurent, let the parasites come out, don't give them anything. <Ale>

i wish we would have done the same against dortmund, or in both cl finals <Ale>

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Kroos wrote:`arry is deluded, his like me in 2008, he really believes it

We’ve got the best back five in Europe – that’s why we can win this tournament

Best back 5. Laughing Italy and Germany shits all over England back 5.We(Spain) potentially have a better back 5 but they need to play together more.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Players who would be a big loss to England in their absence:

* Hart - partly because he is very, very good (slight question mark over distribution - compared with the very, very best and the way he dealt with barnetta's set-pieces in qualifier) and partly 'cos the alternatives are dire.

* Cole - not as strong as he once was but great at spotting danger and very difficult for a winger to take him on and beat him (far more likely to beat him with dribbling skills - Joaquin - than with sheer pace - ronaldo) + great experience.

Wilshere and Young are borderline - Wilshere not played much but the only player of his type and that's a type we desperately need + Young seems to give performance or end product redardless of club form.

Just those 4 really - people calling Rooney a big miss are Sun-reading, bar-stool football pundits who are ignoring all the evidence of the last 8 years if they think Rooney would have a positive impact on a game like this.

Wayne Rooney would be no more likely to positively influence a game like this than he would be to defecate into his hand and fling it at an official in response to a bad decision before screaming obscenities into the nearest camera.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Kroos wrote:
i wish we would have done the same against dortmund, or in both cl finals <Ale>

Of course! I saw that game too.

That's how you expose the parasites. Embarrass the shite out of them, expose them to the audience. "You pussies came to play or what!"

The shock they would get if Blanc instructs his team to gift them the ball for a few minutes. The team of the Khazars would look towards Roy Hodgson "coach, what do we do with the ball?" lol!
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:54 pm

The team of the Khazars would most likely return the ball to France immediately either by choice or lack of skills and put 11 men behind the ball to defend again.
Rosicky

Post by Rosicky on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Rosicky wrote:Supposed Ingerlund team:

Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole; Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Young; Welbeck.

Confirmed.

France: Lloris, Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra, Nasri, Cabaye, Diarra, Malouda, Ribery, Benzema.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Murray wrote:The 1st comment on this blog could have been written by Puro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2012/06/huge_pressure_on_hosts_brazil.html#more

Come on, Murray! Why is it that anyone who speaks the truth is me? And this goes way back to the British Brainwashing Corporation's 606 boards when people thought I was twenty different posters or more. There is just one me. TFS! <Ale>
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Rosicky wrote:
Rosicky wrote:Supposed Ingerlund team:

Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole; Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Young; Welbeck.

Confirmed.

France: Lloris, Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra, Nasri, Cabaye, Diarra, Malouda, Ribery, Benzema.

Maybe we shouldn't be so scared after all!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am