Serie A TIM 2012/13

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A TIM 2012/13

Post by Jaime on Tue May 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Oh I guess I didn't realise he actually owned Watford. Thought maybe he just liked Zola or something. Biggrin

Thanks for the explanation. Will be interesting to see if Pozzo's hypothesis is correct. Ale
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Wed May 29, 2013 12:57 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Yeah Pozzo owns Watford and Granada as you know. His primary focus is Udinese, and they are also working on their own stadium (development is said to cost around 25 million euros) now as they are the third team in Italy (after Reggiana and Juve) to own their own home. Exciting times for such a well-run club.

As you know they have given us Sensini, Iaquinta, Bierhoff, and even the man in my avatar played for them. Smile

I just think Pozzo has expanded his network of players by buying them at a cheap price and making sure they get experience in other football cultures. It is a really bizarre model, but it allows Udinese to keep developing players at a low cost, and then of course selling them at a high one.

What is really interesting is that recently Pozzo communicated that by boosting their revenue with their stadium they would be able to hold on to their players longer, if not forever (players like Muriel for example). Again, a club that is very intriguing, but also maddening (they would always sell once they got to the CL and then perform poorly).

Their scouting network is the best in Italy, specially the scouts in South America. So this model of owning "satellite" clubs in different countries makes a lot of sense for them, as they can have control over the development of their starlets even when they are not ready for Udinese.

Very impressed with Pozzo's model. I mean, its not easy to sell all your top stars every summer, start the season disastrously and still finish in the top 3-4. Lets hope they achieve a financial model where they can keep hold of most of their stars at Udinese.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 30, 2013 9:42 am

bluenine wrote:
Kroos wrote:why should the aston villa striker join INTER?

dortmund is also interested

I guess it depends on how interested Dortmund are... I am sure Inter could offer Benteke a more exciting proposition than Aston Villa.

Anyways, I am just suggesting names for Inter... not saying that these are the players we are after, or whether we are likely to end up with them.

Benteke is an absolute beast.

I think everyone is surprised by how good he is to be fair. Villa did pay £7.5m for him, which is quite a lot for an unknown quantity. There's a lot of Drogba in him, but without the theatrics. And considering he's only 22, his ceiling does seem to be really high. I'd personally like him at Arsenal. He may end up costing the best part of £20m though.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Thu May 30, 2013 11:06 am

Romford Pele wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Kroos wrote:why should the aston villa striker join INTER?

dortmund is also interested

I guess it depends on how interested Dortmund are... I am sure Inter could offer Benteke a more exciting proposition than Aston Villa.

Anyways, I am just suggesting names for Inter... not saying that these are the players we are after, or whether we are likely to end up with them.

Benteke is an absolute beast.

I think everyone is surprised by how good he is to be fair. Villa did pay £7.5m for him, which is quite a lot for an unknown quantity. There's a lot of Drogba in him, but without the theatrics. And considering he's only 22, his ceiling does seem to be really high. I'd personally like him at Arsenal. He may end up costing the best part of £20m though.

Have you given up on Giroud?
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 30, 2013 11:09 am

Not given up on him. I actually think he'll improve on his 17 goals next season, however, it'd be foolish to go into the season with just one established CF. We need more competition for places within our squad.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri May 31, 2013 1:26 pm

I would love Benteke at Inter, but I don't think Inter has the desire or the resources at the mo... unless a new investor comes onboard, which could change the dynamics a little bit.

For people who haven't heard, Moratti is in discussions with an Indonesian investor Thohir (owner of 79ers and DC United in the US) who has offered 300m for the club. Moratti only wants to sell a minority stake, but Thorir insists on control (and who wouldn't, knowing how incompetent Inter management is and how much losses we accrue every year). Moratti, being a huge fan of the club, does not want to hand it over to just about anyone, and a phased handover is being negotiated.
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Fri May 31, 2013 3:28 pm

Pic of Allegri & Galliani at dinner last night.

I assume the empty seat is because Berlusconi didn't turn up.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm

BILD.de

Last edited by Kroos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Kroos wrote:GOMEZ JOINS NAPOLI

serious, no disrespect, but come on

Wait where did you read this? Or are you responding to an earlier post?
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:09 pm

juve yeah, but napoli, i know they play CL, but the feck benitez is an awful coach
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Kroos wrote:juve yeah, but napoli, i know they play CL, but the feck benitez is an awful coach

You do realise that Gomez for Cavani is a step down for Napoli? Hopefully the cash they earn after these two transactions will help them increase the depth of quality in their squad.

Or maybe ADL will just spend that money buying Crystal Palace.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 pm

bluenine wrote:
Kroos wrote:juve yeah, but napoli, i know they play CL, but the feck benitez is an awful coach

You do realise that Gomez for Cavani is a step down for Napoli? Hopefully the cash they earn after these two transactions will help them increase the depth of quality in their squad.

LOL a stepdown for napoli

gomez will score 30+ goals next season, you can quote me on that

cavani is as overrated as falcao, take away there penaltys, and both quite normal world class playeres, nothing special at all
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Kroos wrote:
bluenine wrote:

cavani is as overrated as falcao, take away there penaltys, and both quite normal world class playeres, nothing special at all

You can't have seen much of Cavani, he's a zillion times better than that numpty Gomez
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Murray wrote:
Kroos wrote:
bluenine wrote:

You can't have seen much of Cavani, he's a zillion times better than that numpty Gomez

he is a typical box striker, and counter striker, i watched every single goal from him, and there was nothing gomez couldn`t do, and gomez is even more lethal

i can`t say much about his all around game though, but i doubt that napoli is like bayern/dortmund in terms of hardworking
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:39 am

nothing is done

napoli just made a bit it SEEMS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content